FYE

FYE Employer Reviews

Retail is fast paced and unpredictable.
Senior Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 19, 2014
A typical day consists of either opening store duties and determining goals for the day for the staff. Closing consists of stocking product and getting the store prepared for opening the next day.

I didn't learn too much as I have worked in this kind of business before.

The management was constantly changing, 3 managers in one year.

The hardest part – more... was staff issues and dealing with no show no call workers.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the coworkers who stuck around and worked hard. – less
Assist and greet customers upon entering the store, operate cash register, and file CDs and DVDs.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAAugust 11, 2014
I loved working for FYE music. The biggest lesson learned while working here was how the music and movies are to be placed when you are putting them on the shelves. I also learned that the music they play in the store is promotional music sent from record labels
alphabetize cd's, dvds, and run register
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cranberry, PAAugust 6, 2014
stock shelfs and run cash register and also make special orders
Stressful enviorment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Livingston, NJJuly 2, 2014
Cons: no breaks when needed
It was not what I thought it would be . The outcome was very unexpected. They are not very patient individuals and very incompetent and presumptious
Fun For College
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXJune 24, 2014
FYE is a great place to work while in school or if just looking for part time work. The hardest thing was picking up boxes.
Productive, learned a great deal
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 17, 2014
This job was good, I enjoyed every part but the management. I learned to work with people and customer service was a big part. The most enjoyable part was helping people and the hardest part was dealing with the bad management.
Decent.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Moorestown, NJJune 16, 2014
Pros: 30% employee discount
Cons: poor hours, it's like everyones competing for them.
It's not the worst place to work, but the co-workers make the job a lot more managable. Very pushy with sales and promotions. The hours can be poor and are given to those who are good at getting drivers (sales promotions). Best suited for those who are outgoing and aren't afraid to hold a conversaition with people. Patience is absolutely required because – more... some customers can be...difficult. Basic knowledge on current and recent movies/music is an extra plus.

The hardest part may be pushing the sale on the person because you don't always get a favorable response.

The most enjoyable part is conversing about music with likeminded customers.

Managers there aren't so bad, but are more concerned about selling.

Overall, it's a good starting place because the management is forgiving and you learn a lot about how to make a sale based on the customer. – less
FYE is a well organized company to work for with many opportunities for advancement
Part Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNMay 28, 2014
Pros: a positive work environment with a knowledgeable staff
Cons: not enough hours
I was responsible for opening and closing the store, managing staff, customer service, promoting current sales incentives and assigning tasks. The management staff was a team, we all worked well together. Being a part associate, I did not make enough money and searched for other employment as a result. I loved working for this company.
What I know about F.Y.E.
HEAD CASHIER/RETAIL (Former Employee), Escondido, CAMay 13, 2014
Cons: short to no brakes
The management at the location i worked at did not how to treat their employees right.
Disappointment Abounds
Sales Associate (Former Employee), VirginiaMay 11, 2014
Pros: 30% discount
Cons: management, time off, other employees abusing power, favoritism, bad pay for too much work, impossible goals set upon one person and not spread out to the team.
No opportunity for advancement, and you're DREAMING if you think you will make anything above minimum wage, even IF you are experienced with twelve years of retail and sales under your belt.

If a manager leaves and the position is open - they will not fill it unless they absolutely have to (like, one of the other managers is going on vacation).

And – more... "are you currently hiring" - you have to have a straight almost pokerface when other people ask this, because you don't want them to be sucked into a black abyss of misery.

There is favoritism in this store - if employees who've worked there before come back - they can basically refuse to work certain days and get it, or not show up for a shift and then the person who busts their butt the hardest gets called. Gets rather annoying when you work EVERYDAY and make 7.25/hr regardless.

This company does not CARE if you have a family, children or schooling. They want you to make money, don't care if you want time off, have important issues to attend to, or want a vacation unless you are a manager and are the bees knees in selling.

Currently, I am the only one making the numbers work in our store, constantly scoring really high, but then when numbers fall when I'm off the clock or off for a day (imagine that), I get bombarded to make those numbers up. There is NO teamwork. One manager will help with anything that needs done, the other could care less and will let you drown in used or running a register, and huffs and whines if people come in to sell items. It's getting really ridiculous, and I've applied elsewhere.

Do not consider working here for the summer or at Christmas. You will have no life, be tired and hungry all the time, and no one cares. – less
productive and friendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 11, 2014
Pros: 30 minuet lunch, 10% discount
Cons: hours depend on how many memberships sold
I learned more on selling memberships and other products.
you do need to sell a certain amount of memberships to stay after being hired for seasonal.
Great place to work. I enjoy the experience of dealing with the people and helping those who need it
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Waterford, CTApril 16, 2014
Pros: 30% discount on everything in store
Cons: short breaks, few hours
An average day begins with loss prevention tips, new sales briefings, and any competitions occuring that the store will be participating in. Following that is your normal, day-to-day stuff like cashing out customers, or returning to stock unwanted items, or distributing new stock. Cleaning and organizing the store at the end of the day starts an hour – more... prior to closing and continues until about 30 after, depending on the efficiency of the team. In between, it's dealing with customers who don't know music and giving them ideas about what someone else might like depending on the genre. Dealing with customers who don't know movies, but saw an actor and loved him/her and providing recommendations on other good movies the actor was in. All in all, a good time dealing with employees and customers. – less
Nice place to work short term.
Floor Associate (Former Employee), Morristown, TNApril 15, 2014
Selling CDs, DVDs and other electronic media was interesting. Management was suitable. My co-workers were fun and interesting. The hardest part of the job was working short hours and the pay compared to my commute. Working with my coworkers and the public was the most enjoyable part.
very fun place to work at
Salesman (Current Employee), mary ester, flApril 14, 2014
would sale multiple items such as vip cards, perfect partners, cd replacements, electric replacements, magazines, head phones
Best Job Ever!
Senior Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Westminster, MDApril 12, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: you will work evenings and weekends.
I love working at FYE. It is such a fun job. I get to interact with customers and help them find music and movies that are hard to find. It can become hectic at times, especially if you are by yourself, but it is never more than I can handle.

The company cares about its people and treats them well.
Prouctive
Cashier/Lead (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 11, 2014
I like this job because it was always fast paced. I always interacted with a customer one way or another.
Productivity in the workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, not long enough bathroom breaks.
Maintained knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices. Computed sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment. Maintained records related to sales.
Cool managers. :)
Sales (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: within walking distance, located in the mall, lenient managers
Cons: it was a cool job, i just wasn't excited about what we were selling.
A typical day at work mostly focused on greeting and helping customers-especially on Saturdays. Other times when it was not so busy, we would package and sticker new and used CDs/DVDs, change prices of items in the store, or clean and organize the store. I would mostly walk around the store making sure everyone was taken care of, but I was also familiar – more... with the cash register and the standard checkout procedure. (Special offers, coupons, etc.) – less
Overall good place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Monroe, LAMarch 24, 2014
It is a great working environment, and working here help improve my interpersonal skills. I enjoy meeting different people.
Awesome place to work
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), New Hartford, NYMarch 20, 2014
Great place to work and meet new friends. Very laid back environment to work.

1 2 3 4 5

About FYE

Just an F.Y.I., but Trans World Entertainment operates F.Y.E. and a handful of other retail ventures. F.Y.E. (aka For Your Entertainment) – Read more