G&D Integrated

G&D Integrated Employer Reviews

Fun place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Morton, ILJune 26, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: not much overtime
Good company to work for. Co-workers were very easy to get along with.
not real organized
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee), Decatur, ILMay 1, 2014
Pros: good health benefits
Cons: no time for breaks or lunch most of the days
a lot of long hours with no compensation. But was nice and fasted paced. Always worded as a team .
Very busy at times but overall a good place to work.
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), E. Peoria & Bartonville, ILMarch 7, 2014
Pros: good healthcare.
Cons: poor wages.
I went through allot of good times and bad times with G&D Integrated and was ultimately laid off after 10 years due to the economy but overall I was able to move up and advance from a minimum wage job to a manufacturing engineer position. A typical day at work would consist of meetings training and assembly support. The hardest part of the job was keeping – more... up with demand over the last year Caterpillar was ramping up NPI projects that put allot of pressure on the manufacturing team. It consisted of many long days and nights. The most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of completing projects that seemed impossible. – less
A good family owned company.
Depot Manager/Container llift handler. (Former Employee), Morton, ILFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: good pay and lot of hours.
Cons: management ...
My typical day at work started at 4:30 am and lasted until 5pm Monday thru Friday and sometimes Saturday. good place to work I learned a lot about the trucking industry and Sea container industry. Co workers were hard working . They hardest part of this job was when the depot closed. Felt like I lost a dear friend. My most enjoyable part of the job – more... was the co workers and the job itself. – less
Class A CDL Driver
Truck Driver / Jockey Driver (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 18, 2014
Class A CDL Driver assigned to the Rockford location which is contracted to Bon Ton Distribution Center in Rockford, IL and John Deere Plant in Janesville, WI. When working the Bon Ton loads, responsibilities include delivering merchandise in Northern Illinois, Southern Wisconsin, and Northern Indiana Region directly to stores including Bergner's, Boston – more... Store, & Carson Pirie Scott. Additional responsibilities include serving as a Jockey driver at the Distribution Center during the heavy season. When working the John Deere loads, responsibilities include picking up Intermodal containers from the Janesville plant and delivering them to various Rail Yards in the Chicago area, having cargo container lifted off, and then proceeding to assigned yards to have an empty container lifted back on to chassis to return to the Janesville Plant. – less
enjoyable environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Anoka, MNJanuary 13, 2014
I always make my days busy ... Try to put my best into what I do I love Challenges ..be a team leader My most enjoyable part of my joob love what I am doing
productive, steady work pace
Material Handler I (Former Employee), East Peoria, IL. CaterpillarNovember 8, 2013
Start my shift before main shift would start loading material on line for assemblers to start. Fill materials selves, check stock of materials on floor. Use computer to locate parts and material in storage areas. Move and relocate finished products. Using fork trucks you had to be very alert to people and other equipment moving around you. Management – more... was good about covering safety issues and any work changes daily, and available when needed. Co-workers were helpful and informative when needed. Hardest part was the heat during summer and the very tight areas you would have to operate fork truck. Enjoyable part was keeping the assembly line running smoothly without any slow downs. – less
Productive and lively work environment
Logistical Planning Analyst (Former Employee), Morton, ILOctober 24, 2013
Pros: family environment
Cons: drama
Arrival at 6am. Review emails from 2nd and 3rd shift dispatchers. Make sure all loads and appointments are on schedule. Set up any local drivers with moves for the day. Look at tomorrows schedule and start assigning any company drivers available and any purchased transportation needed. This is the hardest part. The most enjoyable part of the job was – more... the challenge to get everything covered and keep the customer(s) satisfied. Leave work by 4 or 5pm. – less
Sub-contractor for Caterpillar
Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee), Decatur Il.October 8, 2013
After working for this company, it's come to my attention that it wasn't a very productive outfit. They lost their contract due to poor management.
great benefits
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Morton, ILSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: good money for time spent
Cons: ports can be difficult at times
.I worked in and out of the ports of VA.I delivered these loads to various locations.
Employment is only as secure as the company that contracts G&D employees
Material Handler (Current Employee), Morton, ILSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: tedious work, hot and very physical labor
I worked 3rd shift which always began with signing in and a brief meeting covering information which comes from either G&D or (in my case) Caterpillar (who contracted G&D for employees). The meeting concluded with light stretching and a safety lesson.

After the meeting, I reported to my assembly line to pick up a fork lift and then headed to the dock – more... to help sort the incoming parts and hardware according to assembly lines. After the sorting is completed, we delivered the racks/tubs of parts/hardware to the appropriate assembly line staging area and then I would return to my designated line to put away the individual boxes of parts/hardware.

When that was completed, I would work with the Line Coordinator and/or the Assembler to deliver parts and materials to the assembly and deliver completed assemblies to the appropriate staging area. The goal was to have all parts and materials delivered to the assembly line so that the line never has to stop because it is out of a specific part or material.

I worked 3rd shift.

The management team was demanding but helpful. I learned how to drive a forklift and a lot about working safely and how to be aware of possible dangers as I accomplish my workload.

The hardest part of the job was standing for 90% of the shift. I enjoyed the people that worked with but the job itself required little thought so staying alert to possible dangers was occasionally a challenge. – less
working
Material Handler, Line Checker (Former Employee), Morton, ILAugust 20, 2013
Pros: meet alot of nice people.
Cons: no enough breaks
To do the best i can .i loved working for this company .very hard work but fun. I meet alot and i mean alot of good people.I have had a few supervisors the whole time i was there and had great connections with all of them. As far as my job i was happy with it. The hard part about my job is when it got slow.
Good atmosphere, busy but helpful co-workers and management team
Load planner (Former Employee), Dunn, NCAugust 1, 2013
Pros: great pay and benefit program
Cons: long hours, sometimes being called at home by drivers.
In an 8-10 hr typical day. I stayed busy jumping and doing multi-tasky jobs in the office. Everyone at G&D was very helpful and understanding. We often filed in for each other and learned each others jobs. We wore many hats! I loved my job, the communication with my drivers and broker/agents thru the years. It could be mind tiring but very challenging.
Good job environment with great co-workers
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJuly 31, 2013
Clock in at 7. Log into computer, get my screens set up. Release the orders, check my emails. Afterwards, I would wait for trucks to come in to check material and make sure all the material was shipped to us. Then enter it into our system and find a place to store it. Do this several times a day. If OT was offered, I would work over, either catching – more... up on a truck that came in late, or go over to another area, such as repack or fork truck and pull some orders until it was time to go. – less
Out of business
Assembler (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJuly 15, 2013
Company lost contract with Caterpillar. Company was ok while it was operating.
Tell All (Well, OK... Most) Review...
Manager (Former Employee), Morton, ILJuly 2, 2013
Pros: two weeks of severance pay.
Cons: president is a good guy but lacks people discernment. new management is overly directive.
Their largest customer is planning to completely exit G&D by 1Q2014. They already exited the Decatur business starting 3Q2012 and ending 1Q2013. They are now exiting Bartonville by 4Q2013.

The top management was formerly operationally focused and fostered a great culture with mutual respect at its core.

The new management is all accountants and the – more... decisions are purely based on a number and no other logic seems to apply. Especially when deciding which people were being laid off and which were promoted to replace those who left.

The new management style is surprisingly directive and ends up being rather stifling. One wouldn't predict that style after a casual conversation with some of the top leadership.

The company was for sale at one point but is not currently officially for sale as far as I understand it. The new leadership was put into place March 1, 2013 with the intent of improving profitability and a too-little-too-late attempt to salvage the company so that it could be put back on the market in 2-5 years.

The fact is that the ownership committed some very large political faux pas with the largest customer and the fact is that the relationship was damaged to the point that no matter what anyone does, the relationship can not be salvaged. In fact, the feedback is that the new leadership is actually making it worse at a faster rate.

If you really want to work at this company, give it a year or two to make sure it's still around. – less
Unstable with poor management
Operations Manager/Komatsu Division (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJune 25, 2013
Worked long hours due to short staffed
Un-involvement from upper management
Very poor training
No support for lower management or supervisors
Overtime,great co-workers
Yard Jockey/Fork Truck Operator (Former Employee), Decatur, ILJune 25, 2013
Cons: no communication
Learn new skill's everyday,work with tool's and computer.
Dishonest company to work for
Administrative (Former Employee), MortonMay 9, 2013
Pros: it's a paycheck.
Cons: if you can totally detach yourself and work strictly for a paycheck, go for it. don't get too attached though, as your job can and will be cut at any time.
After my position was recently eliminated, and there were no other positions available in the company, the company let me go. But THEN...had the nerve to send out a mass e-mail to all G&D employees saying that I had resigned from my job!
This has happened to several other employees that were recently downsized out the door. These people did not resign, – more... they were laid off!
We can accept that they eliminated our positions, as we know there are drastic cutbacks going on for financial reasons. But to send out BLATANT LIES about us really ticks us off!
The company will also still deny that the company is up for sale, which by now, most everyone knows is true. I loved working at G&D while I was there, but I would never go to work for a company that is known for such deceit and dishonesty. – less
Loved working here, best job I ever had.
Office admin/dispatcher (Former Employee), Champaign, ILApril 28, 2013
Pros: good money, great boss.
Cons: long hours, and sometimes the drivers could be exceedingly difficult.
I worked 11 hours a day dispatching truck drivers, processing paperwork, and performing all data entry, which was a lot !!

The hardest part of the job was it was stressful at times. When the weather was bad, or there was an accident, or if a driver broke down, or sometimes all three at once.

The best part of the job was my boss, Tommy. He was there – more... if I needed him, but left me alone to do my job, and knew I could do it unsupervised. – less

1 2 3