- U.S. citizenship;
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three (3) years of business experience (Master's degree preferred) in Emergency Management, Emergency Operations Centers, Consulting, and/or Emergency Communications;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research, analyze information, and document results;
- Demonstrated experience with technical editing and/or business documents (include writing samples for consideration);
- Must have strong language skills, including grammar and syntax;
- Strong ability in using Microsoft Office software;
- Ability to quickly learn wiki markup language;
- Experience leading a team and working in a team environment;
- Background in emergency and risk management as it relates to homeland security;
- Experience in planning, tracking, analyzing, and reporting of project costs;
- Must be local resident of the DC/VA/MD Metro, no relocation provided.
G&H International Services, Inc. is looking for a qualified, self-motivated Project Analyst to lead a small team responsible for providing research and analysis support for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Office of National Capital Region Coordination's Full-Spectrum Risk Knowledgebase. The Knowledgebase is a reference website designed to assist federal, state, and local government officials in risk analysis and management.
The Project Analyst will be responsible for conducting research and writing articles describing various natural and manmade hazards, countermeasures, analytic tools, and significant historic events to be added to the Knowledgebase. Additionally, the Project Analyst will be responsible for reviewing and editing all articles completed by the team to ensure compliance with style and formatting guidelines and Section 508. The Project Analyst will work closely with team members and the Project Manager to meet deliverables and ensure quality, and meet with the client on a regular basis.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, 2 sample writings along with resume to csmith at ghinternational.com
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization