G&K Services Employee Reviews

Should be investigated
Relief Driver (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 4, 2016
If you like going to work at 3am, and working until 7:30pm, not having time to eat a lunch, and having to run fast ove all day in trucks that are road hazards, digging through maggots, and dirty laundry all day in the heat, and not being compensated fairly, then this is for you! They care nothing about employees at all! There's a manager for every manager, and they're clueless! All they want is a salary, and their 2 hour lunch everyday. They don't care that you never see your family, or get sick and may need a day off to go to the dr. They expect you to be there no matter what. They said they give you health insurance after 30 days. After 3 months, I never got offered insurance, or work uniforms, and they're a uniform company. Someone found an old GK shirt at the warehouse and gave it to me. I had to wear it everyday, and my own pants. They talk big in the interview, but it's all lies. If they would manage the routes better, and have better hours, then it would be maybe tolerable. Over all, horrible job!
Pros
Cons
Too many hours for the small salary
Horrible Experience!
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Justice, ILOctober 10, 2016
I worked for this company out of Justice Illinois for roughly 4-5months. It was the worse experience with working with a company i have ever had! Management gave nothing but broken promises to customers, never returned email or calls to customers which left the RSR facing angry customers daily with no answers! Communication was horrible, Long Hrs, very little if any information to go off of when filling in on a route. Management wanted you to do your job and their job for the most part along with sales and trying to up sale current customers. Which you couldnt up sale current customers because, GK were always on bad terms with customer's due to (broken promises, lost garments, rasing prices without knowledge, over charging, etc)

The work itself for the most part wasent bad at all, when the customers were happy and satisfied with the service which was (rare) but it did happen! The list goes on and on atleast at the justice location. I would not recommend my worse enemy to work for a company that was maneged like this place was.
Pros
Benefits, Co-workers, holidays off
Cons
Long hrs (12-14hr days), No support, Low Pay for the work load, No O.T. unless you are a route asistant, Management (broken promises), bad customer service
Independent free flowing workplace good people understanding management
Route Sales (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 14, 2016
GK is a great job and provides stability, but there is a lack of ability for progression. I enjoy the freedom and the ability to work on my own schedule for the day. GK put together a team of good people, we had no office drama and everyone got along. Leaving GK I can appreciate the relationships I have been able to build with my customers.
Pros
free lunch monthly freedom schedule steady income
Cons
very early mornings lack of advancement compensation is low physically tiring work
Well compensated
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 1, 2016
Great chances to earn bonuses and advancement. Able to grow your route which was termed as your own business. Able to set your own hours according to your style of work ethic.
Pros
Great benifits, pay, and bonus stucture
Cons
Holiday schedules- you have to run two days in one
From Great to Hardly Below Average (at Best)
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 18, 2016
It used to be an amazing place to work (prior to 2004 to 2006), but when Tom Moberly died, everything that made G&K a company dedicated to success through its people began to die with him. Even their mission statement eventually changed from that of people to customers to profit to that of profit forsake all else. That's all I have to say.
Pros
Good Salary for the basic work involved
Cons
No SMART objectives, too many conflicting objectives from too many "managers" (NOT leaders)
Company needed better leadership, and needs to figure out how to pay better salary
Route Sales Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 27, 2016
bad management... Over worked employees for the salary that was given.. Was a nice opportunity for just moving to Texas and keep my sales experience going.
poor management
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2016
management is so pathetic its not even funny, they preach that the staff is a team but yet nobody has your back on any type of customer issue...not a bad place to work if you can manage on being your own boss{ might as well get paid for it). All they care about is if you managed to get a signature from all your locations for the day... wheres the customer service?
Cons
long hours, no support
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNSeptember 29, 2016
Nice environment. Good employee engagement. Interesting projects to work on. Good advancement possibilities. Was able to work flexible hours avoiding any traffic issues. Great opportunity to learn new technologies.
Pros
Good pay and advancement opportunities
Cons
G&K Service has a huge oppertunty for advancement.
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, IAAugust 12, 2016
G&K is a large company with a very corporate atmosphere. I did find a lot of job security while working my up the ranks. They did provide a lot of job development and training a long the way. the most enjoyable part of my role with G&k Services was building customer relationships.
Pros
Allowed to run My book of business as if it was my own.
Uniforms
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 13, 2016
Load and check sheet to make sure you have everything that is needed for the route for that day. I learned a few tricks on how to kick up a rouge and carrier cloths.
Management made sure we were informed of new costumers and new items to sale to customers.
My co-works were some good guys that share information helped me along the way.
Hardest thing about the Job was working on rainy days.
What I injoyed the most was meeting new people along the wa
Pros
Feeling free and on your on.
Cons
losing customers due to price increase ( 5 increase with a year)
Typical Day at work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CA 94531October 18, 2016
The work definitely pushes you to your limit and can make even the toughest give up because the work is consistent and is done under all natures of weather.
Pros
Long Lunch
Cons
Minimum Wage pay
No integrity, morals or character
Route Representative (Former Employee) –  Northeast TexasMay 9, 2016
Management team is inept and self absorbed. No pre planning or organization. People in upper management have no idea what they are doing and frankly could care less of the low standard working conditions that they have created. They refuse to listen to the people actually running the routes as to how to improve them. You have good people working in the field that are run ragged, used up, not heard, lied to, purposely misled and treated with no regard. People work upwards of 60+ hours a week. (This is the norm) Management has no regards for Texas DOT rules and regulations.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management, Excessive Hours, Disorganization
enjoyed working with the customers
Sales and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, IAOctober 20, 2016
delivering product to the customer. many cold calls on customers growing the business. established many relationships with customers, as well as received awards for sales.
Pros
enjoyed working with the customers
Cons
no advancement
great company
General Manager -Distribution Center (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2016
develops people, cares about customers, easy to work for, CEO cares about employees, continuous change, continuous improvement, outstanding core values
Fast pace, no time for slacking off
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2016
Ensure truck is loaded with that days items, deliver, pick up, and always trying to up sale. Customer service goes a long ways people from people they like. Not always the best leader ship learned a lot by trial and error. As a manger when employees don't do there job and putting out fires from poor performance. When being in the top 5% of the nation and getting free trip to Cancun
Pros
Do your job can make some good money
Cons
With out the right leader ship tuff to stay postive
Stable Work Environment
General Laborer II (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 8, 2015
Company provides a safe work environment for employees. Company occasionally provides lunch for all employees. Management is fair, benefits are great and the pay is ok. Overall a descent place to work.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Pay
Great group of employees and customer base.
Route/Service Manager (Former Employee) –  RomulusAugust 19, 2015
All the Route Sales Reps are first class employees. Being a branch, the atmosphere is that of a small business, but with the backing of a major corporation. Customer Service is what they are all about. They are not only servicing customers, but developed a partnership with them. Typical day as a manager involves coaching and helping the Reps grow their routes. As well as building relationships with new and existing customers through on site visits and phone conversations.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Minimal staffing
Don't work there!!
Route Sales Rep. (RSR) (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA 22408August 16, 2016
Loading & unloading ,run the route paper work and meetings===========pay isn't worth your time or the toll it takes on your back!!!!
Pros
RSR (Route Sales Representative)
Cons
Long days the pay isn't worth it
Communication is a joke...
Worker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 25, 2015
I've worked for this company for quite some time now, enough to be able to give a feedback.

Where should I even start at...

The management is a joke... They'll tell you one thing but mean something else... If your looking for a company with empty promises, then this is the place for you... Hard work seems to never pay off here, as all they want is more from you, and honestly don't think they know what "Thank You" means or even "Good Job" is. The communication here is a joke.

When asked what are the "Team Lead Core Values" the answer was, "I've really haven't thought of that" or pushed aside and change subject... It started off pretty great, pay was pretty good, raises were nice... now they lowball everyone starting them out below $10 heck your lucky to start off at $9.30 and even then they'll expect you to work your a** off like you were making top dollar, like the team leads..
Pros
Benefits are pretty amazing, thats about it
Cons
Management is horrible, poor communication, horrible team leads.
Not what I expected
Grader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2014
If someone likes doing a job repeatedly and consistently, then this job is for you. However, it can be very boring and if you are not fast enough, you are history. There is virtually no communication between management and employees and even no communication between shifts. Learning the job is easy, but you are under constant pressure to make your production quota. There is also a lot of nepotism between employees and management. I have seen for myself how some employees can get away with not doing a thing and others (like myself) work as hard as they can and still get fired. The only good things I can say about this company is their benefits are terrific; you can enroll in everything you need without costing a whole lot and my co-workers that I worked directly with were wonderful--very nice and always helpful.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
Long hours, unfair practices