G&K Services

G&K Services United States Employee Reviews

Solid company, hard work equals good results
Chief Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 18, 2015
Pros: Good pay and benefits
Cons: Sometimes dirty work.
I enjoyed working there. It was hard work, but everyone worked together as a team. They are always trying to improve efficiency and product quality.
Management needs better qualified candidates
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Free lunch once a month
Cons: Work life Balance
Management lacks communication as well as leadership on a local level. Upper management should focus on hiring skilled/qualified managers with a proven track record in regards to leading a team. Work life balance is not a priority here, the sales and service departments act as though there's competition and lack cohesiveness! G&K is a great company for an intro into new B2B Sales, NOT for a seasoned Vet in the sales industry! All in all I would recommend them to a new college graduate.
productive
Forklift Operator loader (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 6, 2015
i love what i do in this company and loader unloader truck really organice and every driver respect my job and how i doing i driving the forklifh loading truck production is always perfect i gain 3 time employer of the month and really liked what im doing im live ther for personal reason
GK direct customer service
Customer experience Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Paid holidays
Cons: You have to be a push over to work here.
You are required to do more than they pay you for. The gk Direct supervisor is rude and unprofessional all the time. It's all drama in the GK Direct department.
Top 100 Customers
Account Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MinnesotaMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Relationships, flexibilty, growth=$, referrals
Cons: Loosing a customer over price, office time, mileage program
Being able to work with our large customer out of our branches and building those solid foundation relationships. Reviewing their programs. What's working and wants not working. Changes can always be made. Building that trust through honesty and integrity will all turn into growth. And more efficiency for the customer.
the benefits were great but the job was not.
Sorter (Former Employee), Manchester, NHMarch 20, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: standing in one spot all day.
during the day I stood on my feet and folded shop towels and bagged mop heads. I was given 2 10 min breaks and a half hour lunch.
Results focused
Area General Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 15, 2015
A great place to work and grow. Management encourages all employees to speak their minds and is open to new ideas. G&K is big on training and supporting their workforce.
Very Challenging Occupation
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: short breaks
This job has taught me that being in a place of employment is detrimental!. The hardest part of the job was being around people that weren't so kind.
great company and amazing benefits
route driver (Current Employee), Buford, GAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: 4 day work week
Cons: long hours
we are on a 4-day work week ,
I am the only female driver at our location and my fellow route men are amazing.
i dont like to pick up dirties in the summer since they stink and some have maggots but that is the hardest part of the job
Purely mismanaged company
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), St. Paul MNMarch 11, 2015
Cons: long hours, horrible management throughout the entire company, not customer friendly, not employee friendly
At G&K they like to promote a "customer promise" but when it comes right down to it, it is all about how much money the stop is worth.... I have seen many times where one stop that gets a larger volume and a cheaper price but a smaller one-man-shop gets raked through the coals. the pay is actually not that good and the only way we get paid what we do is because we are a union shop and have a CBA. G&K is constantly trying to be a leader in the industry but in my experience i have found that they are heavily reactionary and only tend to change things because "our" competitors have done it first. perhaps they should just clean house starting at the top with the CEO and his band of Vice Presidents who can't seem to make a good sense decision on their own and only collect the dividends and bonuses from the share holders that should have voted these clowns out years ago.... If i was to have messed up this bad i would have been fired, but yet they get rewarded. If you want my opinion on if you should work at GK? I say don't. There is a reason why being an RSR has led to alcohol abuse and i believe if GK had the moral standards they claim to have they would do all they could to improve up and down the corporate ladder. there has also been numerous times when my immediate manager has out right refused to do anything for the customer because it was too far for him to drive. what kind of company treats their employees and customers this way.... i know even fast food places that can do a better job. If you want my recommendation on if you should work here my answer is simple..... buy some good tennis shoes, lace them up real tight, and run yourself to someplace else.
Communication is a joke...
Worker (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: benefits are pretty amazing, thats about it
Cons: management is horrible, poor communication, horrible team leads.
I've worked for this company for quite some time now, enough to be able to give a feedback.

Where should I even start at...

The management is a joke... They'll tell you one thing but mean something else... If your looking for a company with empty promises, then this is the place for you... Hard work seems to never pay off here, as all they want is more from you, and honestly don't think they know what "Thank You" means or even "Good Job" is. The communication here is a joke.

When asked what are the "Team Lead Core Values" the answer was, "I've really haven't thought of that" or pushed aside and change subject... It started off pretty great, pay was pretty good, raises were nice... now they lowball everyone starting them out below $10 heck your lucky to start off at $9.30 and even then they'll expect you to work your a** off like you were making top dollar, like the team leads..
productive and fun workplace
General Laborer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2015
only bad thing about this job would be the time of the year it slows down and the management im always reaching productivity goals and no bonus or nothing
what should be fun and safe
pretty good (Former Employee), general labor warehouseFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: that's good
Cons: take your time and be efficient
I am a very hard dedicated work I love to work myself in a good setting where everything is clean and safe and the co workers do not mind pulling a part of the load to make the work and buy me a better place to work
G&K Services
Plant Manager (Former Employee), Renton, WAFebruary 15, 2015
Working at G&K was good. I really enjoyed working with the wonderful people and I am thankful for the great training. I enjoyed working in the laundry business.
Fast paced environment
Office Lead (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 11, 2015
There is always something to do. Need to be a team player. Multi-functional duties in an office environment. Stressful at times. Good people to work with.
ok
unloader (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks not many raises
ok there are opprotnuties to advance in the compnay after you been there awhile.it hard work hrer but sometimes i have fun
AR Collector
Accounts Receivable Collector (Former Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 3, 2015
Responsible for making 50 or more calls daily to collect overdue balances on account. Sent out Friendly Remainders that payment was due and if customer was not responsive to phone call or reminders, responsible for stopping deliveries till payment was collected.
A very good company to work for
Quality Assurance Auditor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great place to work
A laid back but business environment, always busy. The managers were involved and there for you when needed. My co-workers and I are very close and still keep in touch. I enjoyed working for G&K Services.
good
Mechanical Engineering (Former Employee), Marcy, NYJanuary 15, 2015
good place, fix machines and trucks for the driver. use tools, hand tools and electric tools. use computer for paper work. order parts.
Gained Sales and service experience over 9 years with G&K Services
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Pure “Hunter” sales role focusing on customer needs, value proposition and differentiating factors. Generate new account sales through the completion of weekly prospecting activities including targeted cold calling, tele-prospecting, utilization of salesforce.com and extensive networking. Develop and utilize powerful negotiation tactics to secure long term customer agreements. Implement sales/marketing strategies to promote and grow new business. Successfully build and maintain rapport with new and existing prospects.

1 2 3 4 5

About G&K Services

A leader in uniform rental and facility products for more than 100 years, G&K Services is committed to enhancing your business – Read more

G&K Services Salaries