G&K Services

G&K Services Employer Reviews

productive and fun workplace
General Laborer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2015
only bad thing about this job would be the time of the year it slows down and the management im always reaching productivity goals and no bonus or nothing
what should be fun and safe
pretty good (Former Employee), general labor warehouseFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: that's good
Cons: take your time and be efficient
I am a very hard dedicated work I love to work myself in a good setting where everything is clean and safe and the co workers do not mind pulling a part of the load to make the work and buy me a better place to work
G&K Services
Plant Manager (Former Employee), Renton, WAFebruary 15, 2015
Working at G&K was good. I really enjoyed working with the wonderful people and I am thankful for the great training. I enjoyed working in the laundry business.
Fast paced environment
Office Lead (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 11, 2015
There is always something to do. Need to be a team player. Multi-functional duties in an office environment. Stressful at times. Good people to work with.
ok
unloader (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks not many raises
ok there are opprotnuties to advance in the compnay after you been there awhile.it hard work hrer but sometimes i have fun
AR Collector
Accounts Receivable Collector (Former Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 3, 2015
Responsible for making 50 or more calls daily to collect overdue balances on account. Sent out Friendly Remainders that payment was due and if customer was not responsive to phone call or reminders, responsible for stopping deliveries till payment was collected.
A very good company to work for
Quality Assurance Auditor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great place to work
A laid back but business environment, always busy. The managers were involved and there for you when needed. My co-workers and I are very close and still keep in touch. I enjoyed working for G&K Services.
good
Mechanical Engineering (Former Employee), Marcy, NYJanuary 15, 2015
good place, fix machines and trucks for the driver. use tools, hand tools and electric tools. use computer for paper work. order parts.
Gained Sales and service experience over 9 years with G&K Services
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Pure “Hunter” sales role focusing on customer needs, value proposition and differentiating factors. Generate new account sales through the completion of weekly prospecting activities including targeted cold calling, tele-prospecting, utilization of salesforce.com and extensive networking. Develop and utilize powerful negotiation tactics to secure long term customer agreements. Implement sales/marketing strategies to promote and grow new business. Successfully build and maintain rapport with new and existing prospects.
It was a fun and exciting place to work with lots of activities
Machine Operater (Former Employee), Menomonee Falls, WIJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: free tickets to events such as milwaukee bucks and college games
Cons: part-time hours
A typical day at work consist of signing in then getting my days instructions from my Supervisor. Afterwards i'd clean the restroom facilities then empty all the trash cans. Sometimes i would vacuum the hallways. I Learned how to do some carpentry and money handling skills. My Co-workers were really friendly and enthusiastic people to work with..
My time at G&k was horrible
Lead Operator (Former Employee), MilwaukeeJanuary 4, 2015
This job was most definitely not for me. i felt so belittled and less of a person . And the long hours with very little breaks made it no better. I hated this place so much i just never came back to work one day
fun easy workplace but low compensation
Stocker (Former Employee), Ontario, CADecember 29, 2014
Pros: provide holiday lunches
Cons: they tell u stay for overtime 5 mins before your scheduled to clock out.
its an easy job but for the amount of work you do for them the more they want from you will add more orders on top of an already busy day. low compensation. the workplace is cool, not strict. as for management its okay but they take advantage of you. the most enjoyable is they provide lunch or dinners for special holidays.
It's money, nothing more, nothing less
General Labor (Current Employee), New BerlinDecember 2, 2014
Pros: money, benefits
Cons: management, manditory overtime every saturday at 7 am, same repetitive radio station everyday, place is a revolving door, ridiculous rate
So I've been working at the stockroom in new berlin, and let me warn you, management is a joke. Staffing on management's behalf is poor, you'll have the wrong people put to the wrong task, or you'll be promised rotation around the facility, but will instead be stuck doing the same task for months on end. They also pick favorites, and if you get reprimanded for something they'll talk down to you like you're a five year old.
Productive Position
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee), Jackson, MSDecember 1, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: production
I had a lot of fun at gk services. my hours were great and they pay well. the staff was very helpful.
Satisfaction varies by location,
Mid Manager (Former Employee), Kansas CityNovember 28, 2014
Pros: good safety program
Cons: pay, hours, no realistic regional support, inability to hire good talent, too many different systems that were not always compatible
First, the salary for the position I held for numerous years is $12,000 too high as listed on Indeed. I would have stayed longer if I made anywhere close to Indeed's estimated range!
Upper Management locally and regionally was frequently at odds which had mid-managers taking sides. Work/home life balance was terrible. Main reason I left. Numerous occasions I was working production positions due to call-ins or being short-handed. Very difficult to hold people accountable due to 1. Fear of legal retaliation and 2. Knowing it will take forever to replace someone.
t
RSR (Former Employee), OntarioNovember 14, 2014
Pros: start early
Cons: horrible moral managers
Management is very poor at the Ontario, CA branch beginning with Branch Mgr. The moral is horrible, Everybody throws others under the bus to keep good with a female Regional gen. mgr . that sits behind a desk in SFS. and has no clue what happens to RSR's on a daily basis. They favor longtime employees, and are "Do as I say, not as I do" type leadership. The worse moral management I have ever been around. Just sad, stay far away from these clowns.
Productive long days
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee), Justice, ILNovember 3, 2014
It was hard and long some days especially during training but overall a very good experience in serious customer service.
Dynamic Management team
Service Manager (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 31, 2014
G&K Values talent and rewards employees who are good stewards for the company. Advancement opportunities abound.
Do Not Apply For A Job Here
TSR (Former Employee), WisconsinOctober 17, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers while they last...
Cons: sales manager does not invest time and energy with his staff, learn to coach!!!
Ten year is less than than a year. Micro managed by direction and no assistance. In your enitial training they even discuss the high turnover rate in the company. Local sales manager needs to "live" the companies core values and help develop people.
a
worker (Current Employee), Laurel, MDOctober 16, 2014
overall just a job
liked the people
management unstable
long days
liked not having managers breathing down your back
have to adapt to any and all weather conditions

1 2 3 4 5

About G&K Services

A leader in uniform rental and facility products for more than 100 years, G&K Services is committed to enhancing your business – Read more