G&K Services Employee Reviews

Job
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 13, 2017
Did not like the opportunity No chance for promotion Lack of training and direction from management No corporate business plans or marketing to provide advantages to sales team
Pros
close to home
Cons
Lack of opportunity
Experience depends on local management
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 12, 2017
Dirty laundry is well, dirty. If local management is competent and motivated, this could be a great place to work since the company itself has great corporate leadership and great company values. Unfortunately for me, I had two absentee managers that passed off work or worked from home, so my experience wasn't great at all and I was stuck figuring it out more times than I care to count. I wouldn't go back.
G&k
Territory Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2017
Fantastic company to work for. Great management and great coworkers. Upper management really cared about their employees and their ideas. It's a shame they were acquired.
Driver position
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDSeptember 5, 2017
Since the merger with Cintas alot of changes are happening. Definitely some good and some bad. As for G&K I fully enjoyed working for them. As a driver you play many roles in the company, and alot of other peoples mistakes fall back on the driver.
Pros
work schedule, pay, management.
Cons
miscommunication between production and service, room for advancement
Open environment, every employee had a voice and could have a say. Family atmosphere. Good work life balance.
Talent Acquisition Manager, Sales, Production (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNSeptember 5, 2017
I have been with this organization for 16 years. I had hoped to retire here. It is the finest organization i have ever worked for. In May of this year G&K Services was acquired by the Cintas Corp. I am still with the company but my position will ultimately be eliminated in the integration.
Pros
Incredible work culture
Cons
Acquired by Cintas May 2017
No Longer in Business
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 5, 2017
This was a great company to work at, until it was acquired in March 2017. The acquiring company is closing the corporate office due to redundancy with their corporate office in Ohio.
Cons
No longer in Business
G&K was a great place to work
Leader, GKinsight Business Integration (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNSeptember 4, 2017
G&K was acquired by Cintas Corp. and subsequently, the Minneapolis HQ was closed. G&K had terrific leadership during my tenure with the organization.
Hardest part of job
Accounts Receivable Assistant /Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 1, 2017
The hardest part of G&K services was the merger and did not know whether or not you were being laid off. With the merger with cintas we did not know who was going to stay or who was going to be let go. Searching for new employment to secure job security.
Great Career
Regional Service Mentor (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNAugust 30, 2017
Working for G&K Services was a great experience. I grew as an employee and learned many new job skills as I worked my way up in the company. Its an environment that awarded performance and did not block successful people. The company was acquired by Cintas in 2017.
Pros
Life balance
Cons
No longer in existence
Good company location
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDAugust 29, 2017
overall good company, relaxed environment, company recently acquired by Cintas and making a lot of changes. Not Necessarily a bad thing but with new companies there's always new direction and new management.

Want to know more about G&K Services?

Ask a question
nice place to work
Transport Driver to Bangor 4 days a week (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MEAugust 25, 2017
Go into warehouse and load clean laundry to transport to Bangor Maine 4 times a week. management is awesome. Was my only boss most of the time and would work some of the time at night when nobody was there.
Pros
own boss
Not organized
Taper (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2017
I didn't like how they kind of favored certain people. The job itself was not hard but it seem as if it was because the goal was always set so high. No one hardly met the goal.
Outside Sales
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 18, 2017
The sales cycle is very long, most prospective clients have a uniform program and are in a 5 year contract. A typical day is driving door to door in your territory to present information about uniform services. Contracts must be handwritten and signed by multiple people up at the office in Coppell. Artwork is turned in with the coordinator and samples can be ordered for potential customers that want to see the emblem on a shirt.
Pros
flexible schedule since you are in outside sales
Cons
very long selling cycle, not a leader in the industry
I really enjoyed this position
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 17, 2017
I enjoyed my job with GK ,they were purchased by competitor who closed down our location,i if not for this ,i was planning on retiring from this position.
Pros
Independent work environment, good pay, great customers
Cons
Traffic
Pretend Culture
GMO/Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  FLAugust 16, 2017
Company painted a great picture. However they never lived up to the talk. The people that actually worked there lived the culture but the executives never did. It was a shame. I came to be a part of what I was sold on.....That never happened
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 14, 2017
Before the merger G&K seemed to be way advanced when it came to procedures and processes to get things done. Handheld system simple and easy to use. Able to start any time in morning to get the job done which gives you more work family life. Facial hair and tattoos were accepted which made the work place such a better environment to be in.
Pros
benefits, work / life balance, bonuses, facial hair accepted, tattoos accepted
Cons
no plant in Jacksonville causes some missing items at times
Terrible experience
RSR (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 11, 2017
Whole experience was awful. Up at 3:30 am. I didn't get home until 7 or 8 at night. Customers hated the company. Out on medical leave for back fusion surgery. Was fired for being a burden to the company. I was actually given a promotion while I was on medical leave. I was told hope you feel better after being called a burden. Feel free to apply to your old job or any job when you want.
Great place until merger
Insight Integration Leader (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNAugust 7, 2017
Was a wonderful place to work until we were acquired by Cintas. Now most of the corporate positions have been cut. Those that have not been eliminated are working in less than desirable environment.
G & K Review
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 4, 2017
The job in and of itself wasn't bad, unfortunately the management culture was unprofessional at best and created a 'walking on eggshells' environment.
Pros
paid benefits, holidays
Cons
Poor management culture
Great place to work.
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 3, 2017
Good company to work for! Fair compensation and health benefits. Nice balance between work/family life. Very fast pace and different everyday. The location has an upbeat culture of success and winning.
Pros
Hard work pays off!
Cons
Pay and benefits could always be better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G&K Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9