G&K Services Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work until merged with Cintas
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Northern NevadaMarch 21, 2017
I really did learn a lot about my sales ability and enjoyed the line of business and sales I was in with G&K, although I was a little turned off at the way the President of the comply sold us to Cintas out of the blue, leaving a lot of employees distressed about their job security. But over all, a very good company to work for. Great leadership and help from my superiors and always a "Team Effort" motto of figuring things out accomplishing our goals.
Pros
Great Support
Cons
Sold the company
great company
SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 18, 2017
Great company. I have worked there almost 15 years and have been able to work in several positions. It has a great culture and it is unfortunate that the merger with Cintas is closing on Tuesday.
Great Opportunity
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 18, 2017
Great company to work for. Great small family like culture, fun place were I continued to learn and worked as a business partner with management and employees.
Challenging workplace with fair compensation
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 14, 2017
Tough challenging work environment. Early start time, typically 4am and long hours, typically 10 hours or more. Very physically demanding, picking up and delivering uniforms, mats and towels. Pay is fair, competitive with similar companies. If you enjoy working independently and have good people skills this can be a very enjoyable job.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hours, physically demanding
G&k
TSR (Former Employee) –  Quad CitiesMarch 13, 2017
Will go into in my next subject. I learned that when a company is sold find a new job ASAP. I learned what I have learned in the past, things don't change. When a company is sold justve on as soon as possible. mo
Pros
Freedom in the field. Great customers.
Cons
Constant harping on numbers, expect you to push customers to break agreements.
N/a
Part­time office assistant while attending college (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMarch 12, 2017
Corporation provided me with the necessary skills and knowledge needed to accomplish any future positions. My administration treated me fairly and created a welcoming environment.
Fun Productive Place to work
Bulk Shipping Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 10, 2017
I work as a shipping manager and had full support of the VP and GM. There was never a time that I felt alone if a major problem arose, knowing that VP and GM would roll up there sleeves to get er done.
Pros
Good place to work in all areas
Cons
Physically hard work
g&k services
RSR Driver (Current Employee) –  La Feria, TXMarch 8, 2017
With g and k you always have the chance to make more money. The more you work the more money you make which makes u apart from any other job, just depends how much you willing to work.
good company
Lead Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Buford, Ga.March 6, 2017
Friendly atmosphere, great employees, good benefits I learned a lot from my mentor about the industry. I worked my way up to supervisor in a few short years.
I would highly recommend working for this company if you get the chance.
Pros
steady work
Cons
Hard to get funding to make large repairs
Great place before the Cintas acquisition
Manager of Integration Services (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 5, 2017
Great place before the Cintas acquisition. Flexible work hours, fun work environment. Good location. Benefits are ok. Upper management is supportive
adventurous
Shipping/Production Lead (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIFebruary 26, 2017
I have been working at GK Services for 17 years. In that time I learned many different jobs and I was versatile to work any of them at any time. That is what made my job enjoyable.
Pros
We got free lunches, played games, too
Cons
Mirco- managers
Decent place to work
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 21, 2017
Long hours and difficult to maintain a work life balance. the compensation is good and the ability for advancement within the company is always a focus for bringing up new talent.
Pros
compensation
Pending Merger
Territory Executive National Accounts (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 17, 2017
G&K has an ethical culture. Like other companies there are pros and cons. Very competitive industry to sale in. G&K is now in pending merger with competitor.
Productive and fun work place.
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2017
Growth, working at GK Services has taught me a lot about myself, jobs, co workers, and just life itself. No matter where you go in life your attitude, and work ethics is important.
Pros
Vacation days, etc hours, casual day, luncheons, etc
Cons
No radio.
Being acquired by Cintas
Not provided (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 30, 2017
Great company. Being acquired by Cintas and the Minnetonka HQ will be shut down. Leaders at G&K are effective, culture is positive. Sorry to see the company go.
Productive and fun
Route Sale Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 27, 2017
Worked here 2 years, great management, coworkers and employees.

Pay could be better and missing out on work life balance.

Early mornings and late nights, no weekends.
Pros
Off weekends
Excellent Work Environment
Sr. Territory Sale Executive (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2017
As a Sr. Account Executive you are required to cold call 100% as well as development of new business customers in an assigned territory or Industry.
Achieving annual sales targets and average weekly rental revenue quotas
Cold calling via outside and tele-prospecting, business to business.
Great workplace, management and career development
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 23, 2017
I have worked her for almost a year and it has been wonderful. I feel secure in my position but also feel that I am always being pushed (in a good way) to try new things and learn new marketing strategies. My manager has been amazing and really wants me to learn and develop my career.
Job was okay till current management
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 20, 2017
This place use to be an amazing place to work, current management is a joke. She lies and backstabs empolyees, and doesn't want to learn how the plant really operates.

When it comes to traveling to locations it's an excuse after excuse and then after driving 8+hours she expects you to work in the plant even more.

They've made some improvements in pay and the vacation policy however it doesn't make up for the poor management. If you enjoy being bullied by management then by all means apply, just have another job lined up since turnovers are ridiculously high.
Pros
Okay pay, empolyees are friendly
Cons
Management, management, and management. Short breaks and annual raise is a joke
Consistent work rate, fun when your not getting yelled at for nothing though
Dryer Operator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAJanuary 10, 2017
You do not want to work here unless you like being forced to work. I know work is work but Michael and Frank both FORCE employees to work if not there jobs are threatened.
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
Night crew lead is lazy and never want to help out, Sad thing is we are close so I know he's not a good worker

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G&K Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9