G&K Services Employee Reviews

Enjoyed my time here
Sorting Linen Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CADecember 9, 2016
Good place to learn not so much to grow. Cool place easy going. Give them a try but I wouldn't wanna retire there. Some supervisors are cool others not really. Work can be tough but it has its days
Pros
Flexibility and great people
productive
shipping (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 9, 2016
This company does not care about their employees. They should be getting better pay or compensation. They offer incentives but they tax it.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
Enjoyable
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 6, 2016
I loved the physical labor necessary. The guys I worked with in the warehouse were respectful and we all helped each other out.
Pros
Work at your own pace. Plenty of OT
Cons
no cameras
Good Work Place
General Laborer 2-Mendig (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 26, 2016
Its a good place to work at, they have flexible work hours and the employees are fun to work with. I like that we have weekends off and the pay schedules.
enjoyed working with the customers
Sales and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, IAOctober 20, 2016
delivering product to the customer. many cold calls on customers growing the business. established many relationships with customers, as well as received awards for sales.
Pros
enjoyed working with the customers
Cons
no advancement
Typical Day at work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CA 94531October 18, 2016
The work definitely pushes you to your limit and can make even the toughest give up because the work is consistent and is done under all natures of weather.
Pros
Long Lunch
Cons
Minimum Wage pay
Horrible Experience!
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Justice, ILOctober 10, 2016
I worked for this company out of Justice Illinois for roughly 4-5months. It was the worse experience with working with a company i have ever had! Management gave nothing but broken promises to customers, never returned email or calls to customers which left the RSR facing angry customers daily with no answers! Communication was horrible, Long Hrs, very little if any information to go off of when filling in on a route. Management wanted you to do your job and their job for the most part along with sales and trying to up sale current customers. Which you couldnt up sale current customers because, GK were always on bad terms with customer's due to (broken promises, lost garments, rasing prices without knowledge, over charging, etc)

The work itself for the most part wasent bad at all, when the customers were happy and satisfied with the service which was (rare) but it did happen! The list goes on and on atleast at the justice location. I would not recommend my worse enemy to work for a company that was maneged like this place was.
Pros
Benefits, Co-workers, holidays off
Cons
Long hrs (12-14hr days), No support, Low Pay for the work load, No O.T. unless you are a route asistant, Management (broken promises), bad customer service
Well compensated
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 1, 2016
Great chances to earn bonuses and advancement. Able to grow your route which was termed as your own business. Able to set your own hours according to your style of work ethic.
Pros
Great benifits, pay, and bonus stucture
Cons
Holiday schedules- you have to run two days in one
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNSeptember 29, 2016
Nice environment. Good employee engagement. Interesting projects to work on. Good advancement possibilities. Was able to work flexible hours avoiding any traffic issues. Great opportunity to learn new technologies.
Pros
Good pay and advancement opportunities
great company
General Manager -Distribution Center (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2016
develops people, cares about customers, easy to work for, CEO cares about employees, continuous change, continuous improvement, outstanding core values
Should be investigated
Relief Driver (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 4, 2016
If you like going to work at 3am, and working until 7:30pm, not having time to eat a lunch, and having to run fast ove all day in trucks that are road hazards, digging through maggots, and dirty laundry all day in the heat, and not being compensated fairly, then this is for you! They care nothing about employees at all! There's a manager for every manager, and they're clueless! All they want is a salary, and their 2 hour lunch everyday. They don't care that you never see your family, or get sick and may need a day off to go to the dr. They expect you to be there no matter what. They said they give you health insurance after 30 days. After 3 months, I never got offered insurance, or work uniforms, and they're a uniform company. Someone found an old GK shirt at the warehouse and gave it to me. I had to wear it everyday, and my own pants. They talk big in the interview, but it's all lies. If they would manage the routes better, and have better hours, then it would be maybe tolerable. Over all, horrible job!
Pros
Cons
Too many hours for the small salary
Don't work there!!
Route Sales Rep. (RSR) (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VA 22408August 16, 2016
Loading & unloading ,run the route paper work and meetings===========pay isn't worth your time or the toll it takes on your back!!!!
Pros
RSR (Route Sales Representative)
Cons
Long days the pay isn't worth it
work hard
Forklift Operator loader (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2016
is a working hard place bud i liked i love what i do i never receibed conplaind because im working hard and do the riagth things every days
G&K Service has a huge oppertunty for advancement.
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, IAAugust 12, 2016
G&K is a large company with a very corporate atmosphere. I did find a lot of job security while working my up the ranks. They did provide a lot of job development and training a long the way. the most enjoyable part of my role with G&k Services was building customer relationships.
Pros
Allowed to run My book of business as if it was my own.
N/a
Line Inspector (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2016
Inspected all clothing for serviceability at a fast pace by using the Alpha Numerical and Color Code System.
Located any misplaced items and replaced such items that were inserviceable.
While loaded clothing, I maintained four lines on my PM shift where the AM shift had a line inspector that was only responsible for one line.
busy place
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Justice, ILJuly 14, 2016
it was a very nasty environment and i hated to work outside half the time but if you like sorting dirty work clothes then this job is for you.
Pros
earned time off, nice pay
Cons
too busy, disgusting work load
Independent free flowing workplace good people understanding management
Route Sales (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 14, 2016
GK is a great job and provides stability, but there is a lack of ability for progression. I enjoy the freedom and the ability to work on my own schedule for the day. GK put together a team of good people, we had no office drama and everyone got along. Leaving GK I can appreciate the relationships I have been able to build with my customers.
Pros
free lunch monthly freedom schedule steady income
Cons
very early mornings lack of advancement compensation is low physically tiring work
unique
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  floridaJuly 8, 2016
I personally could not recommend the company. Great promise, but not fulfilled. I would recommend doing your research on the company before joining on.
Fast pace, no time for slacking off
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2016
Ensure truck is loaded with that days items, deliver, pick up, and always trying to up sale. Customer service goes a long ways people from people they like. Not always the best leader ship learned a lot by trial and error. As a manger when employees don't do there job and putting out fires from poor performance. When being in the top 5% of the nation and getting free trip to Cancun
Pros
Do your job can make some good money
Cons
With out the right leader ship tuff to stay postive
poor management
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2016
management is so pathetic its not even funny, they preach that the staff is a team but yet nobody has your back on any type of customer issue...not a bad place to work if you can manage on being your own boss{ might as well get paid for it). All they care about is if you managed to get a signature from all your locations for the day... wheres the customer service?
Cons
long hours, no support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G&K Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9