G&K Services Employee Reviews

This job will kill you or make you stronger.
driver (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJune 18, 2016
worked harder than any other job . trucks have no air not allowed to drive with door open. box of truck is super hot in summer and, freezing in the winter. cab doesn't get warm in winter.
Pros
nice check
Cons
back breaking labor.
Productive place to work
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2016
It was a great place to work and also a learning experience for future experience in my job search. Also a great place to work
Uniforms
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 13, 2016
Load and check sheet to make sure you have everything that is needed for the route for that day. I learned a few tricks on how to kick up a rouge and carrier cloths.
Management made sure we were informed of new costumers and new items to sale to customers.
My co-works were some good guys that share information helped me along the way.
Hardest thing about the Job was working on rainy days.
What I injoyed the most was meeting new people along the wa
Pros
Feeling free and on your on.
Cons
losing customers due to price increase ( 5 increase with a year)
New management staff making positive improvements
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 13, 2016
I worked 1st shift and 2nd shift. Maintenance manger is a nice guy and will work with you to be successful. They have a good safety program.
Pros
Nice staff, air conditioned lunch room
Cons
hot work environment
Good place for the right person
Recruitment Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 7, 2016
G&K Services has a Sales Driven culture. It is a great place to work for highly competitive individuals who are motivated by accomplishing their individual goals.
Horrible!!
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 1, 2016
Management is a joke the worst place I have ever worked!!! There are no leaders just bosses all they care about is money even at our customers expense!
Hunter mentality is a must
Territory Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 28, 2016
Calling on small to medium sized businesses. Call blocks all day monday and sell tuesday through thursday. High energy management and sales team.
Company needed better leadership, and needs to figure out how to pay better salary
Route Sales Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXMay 27, 2016
bad management... Over worked employees for the salary that was given.. Was a nice opportunity for just moving to Texas and keep my sales experience going.
No integrity, morals or character
Route Representative (Former Employee) –  Northeast TexasMay 9, 2016
Management team is inept and self absorbed. No pre planning or organization. People in upper management have no idea what they are doing and frankly could care less of the low standard working conditions that they have created. They refuse to listen to the people actually running the routes as to how to improve them. You have good people working in the field that are run ragged, used up, not heard, lied to, purposely misled and treated with no regard. People work upwards of 60+ hours a week. (This is the norm) Management has no regards for Texas DOT rules and regulations.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management, Excessive Hours, Disorganization
Good place for younger workers
Relief Route Driver/Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55411April 25, 2016
If you are young and in shape and looking for a start in a career than I would recommend trying this company. Lot's of lifting and hard work, not a job for anyone older or who might have any health issues.

Want to know more about G&K Services?

Ask a question
From Great to Hardly Below Average (at Best)
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 18, 2016
It used to be an amazing place to work (prior to 2004 to 2006), but when Tom Moberly died, everything that made G&K a company dedicated to success through its people began to die with him. Even their mission statement eventually changed from that of people to customers to profit to that of profit forsake all else. That's all I have to say.
Pros
Good Salary for the basic work involved
Cons
No SMART objectives, too many conflicting objectives from too many "managers" (NOT leaders)
Great employees and managment
Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 1, 2016
Very busy atmosphere with the plant attached to the office. Very demanding and competitive atmosphere.
Employees really enjoy their work.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Very busy location
Horrible
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Justice, ILJanuary 15, 2016
The management at this place is absolutely horrible. They only care about the drivers and their favorites. Difficult to use your own vacation days you earned. Make up BS rules as the year goes on. Can never get OT. You will usually get yelled at. Bewarned, do not apply here. Not worth your time.
Pros
Nome
Terrible
general (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 12, 2016
Wanna be dictator for management worst place I've ever worked fired for giving a 2 week notice modern day slave labor hot in the summer just as hot in the winter constant chemical smell overall just bad
Loved working here.
Stockroom Worker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 12, 2016
I loved working at G&K, Just needed better pay. Overall I loved my co-workers and my management. We all kept busy and helped each other out with different things.
Pros
Staying busy and knowing what to do everyday
Cons
Lots of standing
Managers spend too much time running routes.
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAJanuary 2, 2016
If a driver doesn't show, the route manager has to take the route. Makes it difficult to manage the business while running a route.
Pros
good concept and workers
Cons
Long days driving trucks
unethical micromanaging at its best
route sales (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 10, 2015
I have been in the industry for over 20 years been with g&k 3 worst uniform company i have ever worked for.customer promise and core values are a joke! 12 hour days constant pressure to sell and charge customers for bogus damage to products that have normal wear and tear.text messages as early as4a.m.with safety messages.i have never felt so harassed at a job before in my life. Iwish i could do something else.this is a horrible place to work!
Pros
medical insurance
Cons
management
G&K: One of the Best Places to Work!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 2, 2015
I 100% loved working for G&K Services. The variety of work I did from API Letters to supporting all National Account Executives made my time there most enjoyable.
Fun place to work
Route Specialist (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MODecember 2, 2015
Great place to work with a good management group. Management, sales, and route services work well as a team and always made sure customers came first.
Only care about bottom line.
route sales representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 29, 2015
Management doesn't care everyone is expendable! They only care about your sales not the customer. Long work days with no help if needed.
Pros
Pretty good pay
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G&K Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9