G&K Services

G&K Services United States Employee Reviews

workplace was fun to go to work
Production Laborer (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 14, 2013
Pros: could leave the site to eat lunch.
Cons: when somebody did not show up for that day.
every moring we were greeted with donuts and coffee at our mornig meetings.
productive workplace with great employees
building overhead /shuttle driver (Current Employee), charlotte ncJuly 6, 2013
Pros: great people, weekends off, nonstressful enviroment
g&k is a great place to work in my opinion I work in the plant I do a number of things drive the shuttle,operate the matt rolling machine,soil department ,and building overhead and ive only been there for 4 months yea I hear people complain all the time but you will have that anywhere you go im glad to have this job its easy I mean everything is easy to do here and the best part is I have every weekend off all these people that wine and complain should be glad they have a job
Great Experience and very flexible
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee), Davenport, IAJune 25, 2013
I wake up around 5:00 AM everyday and head to office to load my truck with carts and clothes. I leave around 6:00 AM to head out into field. I then have a territory I am in charge of making all deliveries and process all returned items or new orders. I have learned how to manage my time, sit down one on one with main contacts and handle any issues that there maybe, and I have developed a sense of how to run a business because I am basically running my own small business in a way. The management is there to help when needed and reach out to us from time to time. They handle more of the paperwork in the office unless out filling in for some on vacation or sick. My co-workers are great. We are all pretty good friends outside of work and have each other over for BBQ's. The hardest part I would say is handling some of the items we have to pick up from each stop, whether it has been outside in the rain or snow or just baking in the direct sunlight. Also a hard part is no holiday time off. The most enjoyable part would be the flexibility I have for family time and being home by 3:00 PM everyday and no weekends.
Co-workers were fun but no opportunity for advancement and superviser is unprofessional
General Laborer (Former Employee), New Berlin, WIJune 24, 2013
Pros: the employees are nice
Cons: not long enough break only 10 minutes long
Too much favoritism and not enough opportunities for advancement for women. Same old thing everyday, not very much movement.
Used to be a really great place to work for
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Coppell, TXJune 17, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: not always getting what you need to service customer
Get to work at 4 a.m., load truck with what was needed for the day and run the route. I learned a lot about the uniform business. There are a few members in management that were and still are great people to work for and to know. Then there are some who I wouldn't turn my back too. My co-workers were awesome, they all will be missed. Not always getting the product when needed was the hardest part. Most enjoyable part was being a member of a team when the company had a good service manager.
Good job not a career
Wharehouse Unloader/Loader (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJune 12, 2013
Pros: healthcare, paid vaction, 401k
Cons: hours cut, manual labor, unpredictable hours
A typical day for me would be a 8-10 hr. day, unloading, loading and inventorying products. The hardest part of the job was the manual labor. Got along well with all co-workers, and maintained a professional working relationship with management.
No support from upper manager
Service Manager (Former Employee), Jackson MSMay 27, 2013
The support from upper manager is a joke. They want more and will not help to get more. Do not get me wrong it is our job to get the numbers. It is just never ending.
Very Competitive Industry
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee), Rockford, ILMay 16, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: way to much driving
High turnover in sales and sales management is poor. The sales department is the outcast of the company. Seems as if service and sales work against each other within the same company. Only get commission on new accounts.
Good work environment
current corporate employee (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNMay 1, 2013
Good people to work with. Longer hours, value tenure and knowledge of the business.
good company not best local managment
Field Sales Manager (Former Employee), Earth City, MOApril 29, 2013
Management-needs improvement at local area worked for- much turnover in managers
territory sales representative
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee), Sikeston, MOApril 16, 2013
Pros: flexibility for schedule, met alot of new business owners
Cons: alot of travel and overnight stays
As a Sales representative, I oversaw a territory of over 2,600 prospects coveering 3 states. I was in charge of sales for uniform and facility services rental and direct purchase.
Rude company no compassion
Professional Garment Inspector / Laborer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 11, 2013
Cons: healthcare price, management experience.
went in between 5 and 6 am, management had NO clue what was going on what should be doing, co workers were great to work with, all hate working there. hardest part tyring to complete the job when management changes their expectation at least once a day .
Great place to work. Great communication
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mobile, AlApril 4, 2013
Pros: have a great manager. enjoying pot luck lunches and breakfasts in the office.
Cons: i can not think of any at this time.
I operated a 12 line switchboard while making a daily deposit with checks and cash. Assisted routemen with concerns over a radio for our customers. Aslo did data entry work inbetween. I loved my manager, her communication was great. She had an open door policy. she was a very fair person. My co-workers were, for the most part great to work with and we were in a way, like a small family. Hardest part of my job was when my money didnt balance for my daily deposit. I knew it had to balance.
I enjoyed meeting,greeting and helping people in and out of the office.
Extremely busy place to work always on the run.
Route Service Rep (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 19, 2013
Typical work day is long and busy. No time to breath.I started this job with the plain of a career.Had great management in place and good chance of a career advancement. But after 7 months we had to close the plant and move the wash to Jonesboro AR. From that moment GK has gone down hill. We cant get all of the load on most days. I like the people I work with but management is lacking in skill and performance in my opinion. Hardest part of the day is starting at 4:00 am and finishing between 5:00 and 7:00 pm. The most fun I have in a day is the customers I get to interact with.
customer is very cooperative and give you the requirements very clearly.
SD/AFS Consultant (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNMarch 19, 2013
customer is very cooperative and give you the requirements very clearly.
Terrible atmosphere, poor management,
Sales (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale flJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: good pay, if your sold account can stay sold
Cons: management, culture
No support from management, only micromanaging employees. If you you go a week without sales, you fear for your job. Little trAining and NO development of sales reps. When a new account gets sold, the service department messes it up and then I lose the commissions.
Steady Work Enviroment
Uniform Processor (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAJanuary 8, 2013
It was a constant movement of sorting and hanging clothes, standing in one position for 8 hours.
nice and quiet work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fairborn, OHJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: you have your own work space, not overcrowded
Cons: not enough employee interaction, robotic workplace
Easy place to work and get along. The management was good but sometimes inconsistent. Co-workers were easy to get along with whenever we interacted with one another. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep yourself busy when calls weren't coming in the call center. The most enjoyable part was the consistent hours you receive working there.
Things need to be better in the local branch.
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Chicopee, MAJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: good corporate people
Cons: management at my branch are not on the same page and do not communicate well.
The environment is not a positive environment. It could be much more fun if management could develop their people better and learn to unite the team together. Instead it is the opposite. The positve things are that I have some strong relationships inspite of that.
I work with a good maintanence team.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Graham, NCDecember 19, 2012
Pros: holiday luncheons
Cons: reconigition of leaders
There is always room for improvement. They have a good vertical layout but employees need more supervision for a better productivity performance.

About G&K Services

A leader in uniform rental and facility products for more than 100 years, G&K Services is committed to enhancing your business – Read more

G&K Services Salaries