G&K Services Employee Reviews in United States

Active demanding environment
Procurement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Direct Purchase Atlanta, GeorgiaAugust 2, 2013
Daily time sensitive duties everyday, problem solving in between adds spice to the routine.

Multiple departments allowed a broad range of personalities to interact with co-workers.

Hardest part of the job has been the ever existing Must have Rushes.

The most enjoyable part of the job has been accomplishing the ever existing Must have Rushes.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
facility closing
productive place to work and caring people
Sales/service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 18, 2014
I answer emails ,phones, and take care of sales and service force. I key in daily orders for direct sales, emblems and logo mats. I collect money from the RSR's and process this. Also take care of accounts payable. I work with all microsoft systems. I also work in SAP and IMPACT. I pull reports daily and download into word and excel to be sent out. I take calls for the RSR's from customers. I enjoy the ladies I work with and we all get along well. Hardest thing is keying orders when I don't have all the information and have to call RSR's on their runs to get this. Most enjoyable part is being to able to help people and get things corrected. It will be sad when the plant relocates in December and I am not moving to new location.
Pros
they work with you if you have doctors appts etc.
Cons
the insurance is really pricey.
Things need to be better in the local branch.
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJanuary 2, 2013
The environment is not a positive environment. It could be much more fun if management could develop their people better and learn to unite the team together. Instead it is the opposite. The positve things are that I have some strong relationships inspite of that.
Pros
good corporate people
Cons
management at my branch are not on the same page and do not communicate well.
G&K Services Uniform Division
Major Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 6, 2012
I developed new business in a 250 mile radius of Chattanooga. I mostly called on industrial plants from medium to large. I utilized business/solution fit presentation to maximize sales, closing several major accounts exceeding my sales goals annually.
Pros
enjoyed learning about manufacturing plants needs
Cons
route men pushed to be sales people, but not trained
horrible and misleading
driver (Former Employee) –  seafordSeptember 26, 2014
Former employee they send you to orientation and make you believe there so great but there not!!! You puy in way too many hrs for the pay that you get and what they expect you to do by your self management takes no responsibility for their own actions they just like to sit on their butts and reap the bonuses
Great people to work with, had a great time there.
Super Route Sales/Service Rep. (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAFebruary 10, 2014
A typical work day started at 5 am. Checking out the load for the day and teaming up with my helper and manager for sales strategies and service issues to be dealt with.
I learned that there are many ways to achieve success in the service industry. Management was very creative in their ability to tackle some very challenging situations.
The hardest part of my job, was getting up at 4 am to be at work by 5 am.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a team of people that were committed to taking care of our customers. I also enjoyed working with people in the field on a daily basis.
Pros
outdoors everyday. working independently out in the field. working with people.
Cons
early morning start to the day, sometimes have to change your routine to deal with challenges that arise.
Informative
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, NJApril 16, 2014
 Prepared correspondence and typed legal documents, including pleadings, motions, briefs, discovery documents and subpoenas
 Maintained complex docket systems to track the myriad of legal filing deadlines
 Indexed and updated pleadings and discovery binders
 Scheduled depositions, site inspections, hearings, closings and meetings
Pros
very productive
Cons
n/a
fast paced collections & service & sales coordinator
Collections cust. svc direct sales coord. (Former Employee) –  Louisville KYFebruary 27, 2012
I worked in multiple departments, started in collections, transferred to customer service coordinator and then to direct sales coordinator. I learned a lot here and appreciated the chance to learn multiple positions at this company.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
busy direct sales dept, where i worked alone
Great Company to work for!
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 14, 2013
They provide an excellent training program. I learned a great deal about sales negotiations. The hardest part of the job was having to sell against existing contracts. These contracts had huge penalties for breaking them and made it not practical to choose our company.
Pros
great training
Cons
selling against current contracts in place
the benefits were great but the job was not.
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 20, 2015
during the day I stood on my feet and folded shop towels and bagged mop heads. I was given 2 10 min breaks and a half hour lunch.
benefits
Cons
standing in one spot all day.
Very Challenging Occupation
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 13, 2015
This job has taught me that being in a place of employment is detrimental!. The hardest part of the job was being around people that weren't so kind.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short breaks
lots of different projects
Facility/Wastewater Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 6, 2012
start off with daily pm's, learned alot about waste water management. management very familiar with machinery. very diverse place to work with great people. hardest part of the job was having production workers take ownership of there machine. best part of the job was getting machines repaired in a timely manor.
Great company-Horrible Branch
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 18, 2014
My Birmingham branch lacked competent management for years prior to me working there. The uniform business is the most hated in industry because of divisions/branches such as mine. Don't work here if you care anything about your personal integrity or care about your customers,
Cons
everything
Terrible atmosphere, poor management,
Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale flJanuary 24, 2013
No support from management, only micromanaging employees. If you you go a week without sales, you fear for your job. Little trAining and NO development of sales reps. When a new account gets sold, the service department messes it up and then I lose the commissions.
Pros
good pay, if your sold account can stay sold
Cons
management, culture
Good job not a career
Wharehouse Unloader/Loader (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 12, 2013
A typical day for me would be a 8-10 hr. day, unloading, loading and inventorying products. The hardest part of the job was the manual labor. Got along well with all co-workers, and maintained a professional working relationship with management.
Pros
healthcare, paid vaction, 401k
Cons
hours cut, manual labor, unpredictable hours
Results focused
Area General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 15, 2015
A great place to work and grow. Management encourages all employees to speak their minds and is open to new ideas. G&K is big on training and supporting their workforce.
Rude company no compassion
Professional Garment Inspector / Laborer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 11, 2013
went in between 5 and 6 am, management had NO clue what was going on what should be doing, co workers were great to work with, all hate working there. hardest part tyring to complete the job when management changes their expectation at least once a day .
Cons
healthcare price, management experience.
territory sales representative
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOApril 16, 2013
As a Sales representative, I oversaw a territory of over 2,600 prospects coveering 3 states. I was in charge of sales for uniform and facility services rental and direct purchase.
Pros
flexibility for schedule, met alot of new business owners
Cons
alot of travel and overnight stays
Uniforms and Facility Services
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver ColoradoSeptember 10, 2012
They are a huge company and a ton of competitors out there. Liked working for them, but I want more. Hard to get anything more out of that place cause too many people are looking to move up and I saw more people hired outside the company than within...
Pros
good products
Cons
no advancement
My time at G&k was horrible
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  MilwaukeeJanuary 4, 2015
This job was most definitely not for me. i felt so belittled and less of a person . And the long hours with very little breaks made it no better. I hated this place so much i just never came back to work one day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G&K Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9