G&P Trucking Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCFebruary 3, 2018
I had a really nice trainer who wouldn't let me fail. So I really appreciate Mr. Van Williams he has done a wonderful job of training me and teaching me.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Dispatchers has to do a better job of communicating
good starter company
Semi Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 6, 2018
great company to start your career, The manangement was great had a route going to Laredo Texas from Charlotte North Carolina every week.I Thought the pay should be a little higher for that route
Pros
great management
Cons
paid per mile is low
It’s an ok company
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Gaston, SCJanuary 2, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was driving to different places. The hardest part of the job was when dispatch sent you on low miles short runs that waisted a significant amount of time on your clock. I learned dock backing and the training and safety training was very good.
Good Company
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCNovember 2, 2017
Good company to work for. Excellent training and support from Management. Must be able to perform your duties with little supervision and compete task efficiently.
Pros
Good Honest People
Cons
Pay
Worst place I ever drove for.
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCOctober 22, 2017
The president of the company company is a bold face liar. He claims to be a Christian,but has no Christian values when it comes to his drivers. He reminds me of a used cars salesman. Managment is Greer,SC is a joke one particular dispatcher is spineless jerk. They lie constantly. I finally got tired of leasing my truck on to these southeastern companies,that are so full of lies and disrespect that I leased to a company out of Minnesota.
Pros
Cons
Too manny
Traffic & Pricing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gaston, SCOctober 20, 2017
OK place to work. Close to home. Would like more room for advancement. Needs better health care plan. Needs better pay for workers. Management needs to listen more to their workers.
Pros
close to home
Cons
No advancement
Home Dailey driver
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCOctober 12, 2017
I work out of the Statesville Lowe's DC for g&p dispatchers out of Lowe's are very nice and it's nice to be home everyday but pay is not we're it needs to be for a truck driver, you will end up working long hours and short runs for a job that needs to be hourly not cpm. They go threw a lot of drivers
Pros
Home everyday
Cons
Long hours, low pay, slip seated, nasty co-workers trash the trucks
Worst company ever
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gaston scOctober 12, 2017
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. They don't care about the drivers, don't care if they are stuck out. You don't get compensated for being stuck out. You barely get detention. Always waiting on a truck or other drivers to get back. Dispatch is absolutely awful, don't know how to dispatch to keep within hours of service. Driver advocate is a joke, he cares less than the dispatchers. Management always says they'll take care of issues and never do. The other drivers are personable but most are unhappy. If you buck the work system they will fire you without warning.
Great place to work at
G&P Trucking Truck Driver Recruiter and Retention (Current Employee) –  Gaston, SCOctober 11, 2017
I enjoyed the pace in which you can work. the opportunity to travel at times is nice too. The toughest part of the job is relationships between departments.
Pros
nice people
Cons
discipline
Discrimination
Intermodal Representative (Current Employee) –  Wando, SCOctober 9, 2017
This company unbalance and discrimination toward women. Management and owner operators can speak and treat women direpectful. When the women speaks back they ask for her to resigned because they do not want to terminate.
Benefits
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCOctober 7, 2017
It was a good place to work but if you were a owner operator you had no health benefits. It was a good place to work and you could work independently so that was a plus.
was not a fun place
driver (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCSeptember 15, 2017
was not a fun place to work. the run you hard and dont return you to your home base trucks would brake down a lot. was always away from home couldnt keep my bills paid
Pros
learned about trucking
Cons
always rushing you for the next load
Money can be made if you willing to bend rules and take disrespect
Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 27, 2017
No respect you're treated horrible.. This company beats being away from family like OTR companies make you. But not worth the time other jobs pay better and treat you better Keep Looking don't stop here TRUST ME
management needs some work.
Bonded US Mail Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 9, 2017
Liked the people that i worked with.The work culture needed some work.
Stared work at 3 am never out of the post office on time so you wouldn't get paid for the time that you got started late, would only give you 5 minutes to unload your truck, just not a good work environment.
Pros
good people
Cons
work hours
Official response from G&P Trucking
August 15, 2017

This review is for a different G&P. We do not have any runs in Iowa. We only run the Southeast United States.

Easy going but, professional atmosphere.
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Adairsville, GAMarch 30, 2017
Typically got next days work schedule at end of shift to plan route. After you learn the traffic habits it because easy. Dispatcher at the time did great setting load deliveries to avoid traffic as much as possible. If you knew how to do your job right it was easy and high pay for the work you did. Hardest thing will always be waiting to get loaded like in the entire industry. You get treated pretty well here and they will try to accommodate schedule if you need time off for a specific day (Things for you and your families personal well-being or kids school events).
Pros
Trucks were new and on-site mechanic if needed for any truck or trailer breakdown.
Cons
Slip seating and other drivers smoke in trucks. I do not like smoke
Worst Company I have even worked for in my career
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCOctober 24, 2016
Miles Yes the pay No. I will be out for weeks at a time and run really hard and my check is never over 700 weekly. I don't care about about the drivers at all. All the other company drivers are finding other jobs due to the lack of respect for the drivers.
Pros
Always Running
Cons
Low Pay lack of respect for drivers
A complete headache
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 9, 2016
They do not care about their drivers at all. They was always messing up my pay and home time. Dispatch is a joke they don't know what they are doing. Management does not care about the drivers they only care about the loads being delivered on time. They do not care about the safety of the drivers. The have old trucks and trailers that break down too often. They need new equipment.
Pros
Cons
Pay and lack of respect for drivers
Official response from G&P Trucking
August 15, 2017

Our trucks range in age from 2013-2016. We do care about our drivers. Drivers are the backbone of this company.

Over the road trucking.
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCAugust 4, 2016
Arriving on time for my pick up and making deliveries to my next stop, then getting loaded again. Usually home for the weekends, and leave back out for work on Mondays.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Not home every night
paycheck mistakes and cameras
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Adairsville, GAAugust 2, 2016
got a lot worse after they added cameras inside the trucks

constantly had to watch my paycheck cuz it was always off to their advantage

not considerate of their workers at all
Pros
decent pay
Cons
gotta stay on the payroll dept. & lack of communication
Friendly work environment
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCJune 13, 2016
G&P is very family oriented. Managements doors are always open and they will always lend each other helping hands to ensure the job gets done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G&P Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.