G4S Secure Solutions Employee Reviews

Not ready to say
Security Guard (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLAugust 29, 2015
I just started and so everything is going well. I don't have enough time in the job to say more. Hours and pay are decent. I have gotten the request work hours and requested time off.

The other co-workers are supportive.
not the right place for me
Traditional Security Officer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Money
Cons: Management
this is a decent starter job, although not the kind of place you work at for a respecting environment. I worked graveyard shift for a year and a half and was never late and called out rarely (only for funerals) there is no communication between associates and managers unless its for punishment.
SEcurity
Security Guard (Former Employee), New Castle, DEAugust 25, 2015
It was a experience I was able to work the hours to my liking. The staff was nice and work well with you. I learned and grew my customer service skills with the company. Management could have been better with uniforms being sent out and any benefit concerns. the hardest part of the job is staying busy and awake. The enjoyable part is being able to study while working for those who are in school and watch movies
Poor Management
Security Officer (Current Employee), MichiganAugust 24, 2015
Cons: No vacation until after one year
Forced overtime, poor working conditions, supervisors don't adhere to union guide lines. The benefits are very expensive.
Good Company
Critical Facility Officer (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 24, 2015
Company was good, good benefits, and a great company for advancement. I would really like to work for this company again.
A serious work place
Security Officer (Current Employee), Jeffersonville, INAugust 24, 2015
Pros: being around people
Cons: pay.
Contract is up where we are at, it is not a bad company other than them messing with pay and not keeping their word. Can be a fun work place if you have the right people
Great place to work!!!
Security Officer (Custom Protection Officer) (Current Employee), Moon, PAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Family Oriented
Cons: Job Flux
Signing in/out people up to 100 people a shift. My supervisors were great as were the people I worked with. We all worked our schedules around our kids, any appointments or what we needed at the time.
productive and fun place to provide security for
security officer (Former Employee), Ashland, KYAugust 21, 2015
At this job i learned a great deal from co-workers and contractors and employees where i provided security. I was taught many different ways to keep a safe environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and helping to keep the place safe.
Very Demanding on Time, but rewarding
Custom Protection Officer/ Bank Protection Officer (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Some Travel
Provide quality physical security at the client site. Perform duties including but not limited to patrolling the interior and exterior of the contract site, limiting access control in the building or property either with person’s or traffic/parking, escorts services, conducting surveillance and or camera monitoring, fire safety and emergency protocol and law and order duties. Maintain logs and make reports.
Managment
Upscale Security Officer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 20, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: managment
They micro manage. No place for advancement. Mandatory overtime isn't always bad, but in this case if your on the clock and your shift is coming to an end then chances are you aren't going home. It has happened where someone worked 16 hour shifts for 2 weeks straight. Now because he gentleman doing these hours had such a good work ethic he didn't complain until he got sick. And when he tried to call in he got chewed out.
Management in the Atlanta Location is Sad, Inconsistent and Detached
Security Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2015
Pros: They advertise to pay the most in the industry
Cons: NO INTEGRITY, NO LEADERSHIP, NO LIFE WORK BALANCE
You can be place at a post, in the pitch black of night w/o any tools:
radio, flashlight, phone, lights. Just so long as a "body" FILLS THE POST

They desire such high standards coming in: Law Enforcement, College degrees, and Military . . . to post you in a field in your vehicle watching construction equipment
Overall good place to work
Security/Medical Courier (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Stable work
Cons: Poor Benifits and no room to advance
This is a okay job if you are not looking to advance your career and are willing to settle for stable minimal income. Management is not very approachable by lower ranks.
Meeting new people
Security Officer (Current Employee), Saraland, ALAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: Nowhere to advance, no raise, and sometimes poor communication.
This job requires you to interact with people from different states and countries on a daily basis. I also deal with allowing access inside the facility using TWIC. Verifying credentials.
Terrible company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee), Chelsea, MIAugust 13, 2015
There is very little upward mobility, and they set very high standards for hiring yet they hire teenagers with no real work experience. It is actually embarrassing how the company operates.
Worst Company I've ever worked for
Upscale Security Officer (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIAugust 12, 2015
Management did not care about personal life. Made employees stay over or come in early up to 4 hours without notice or you received a write up and point. Changed your shift with minimal notice. I worked myself to 1st shift and earned it and so I decided to go back to school and take night classes. 2 weeks before I start school they changed me back to 2nd shift with less then a week notice and wouldn't want to work with me on my school schedule. Management had no clue what was going on and treated employees like pawns. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.
It's a job
Security Officer (Current Employee), WisconsinAugust 11, 2015
Pros: They always have job openings
Cons: There are no raises, and only one week vacation no matter how long you are employed with the company.
You have no weekends off, they don't even have alternating weekends, and the pay is not enough to take care of one person and most definitely not a family.Huge turnover, and they do not offer competitive wages or benefits as they say they do,
Not Favorable
Security Officer (Current Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Easy job
Cons: Lack of advancement, lacks proaction, poor training, favoritism, nepotism, and cronyism
The site is prejudice and racially motivated as far as advancement is concerned. Co-workers and superiors are allowed to act unruly with minimal consequence, if any. The job isn't difficult, but the people make it impossible to tolerate.
Security
Flex Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta,GAAugust 7, 2015
This is a great place to be for stability. This company has locations literally all over the world. Majority of the major cities in the U.S. has a branch location with plenty of opportunities.
Peaceful work environment.
Upscale Security Officer (Current Employee), Moncks Corner, SCAugust 7, 2015
Pros: You are only responsible for your individual duties and i enjoy working 3rd shift.
Cons: pay
I prefer 2nd or 3rd shift when working at a job and currently work 3rd shift from 12am-8am. I arrive 15 minutes early every night and perform my usual duties after clocking in. The building is closed and all workers are leaving when my shift begins. I check to make sure all doors and locks are secure inside and outside. Secure entire building making sure all alarms are set to avoid any break-ins and or safety issues such as fires. My supervisor is very professional and provides great leadership skills. I work alone and have no co-workers during my shift but when I come in and relieve a co-worker or they relieve me we update one another by giving a shift report on any pass down info. The job is not demanding or complicated but one thing that has me interested in finding something different is the pay is not enough to maintain my bills financially. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is a very peaceful environment.
Nice place to work for
Security Guard (Current Employee), Peebles, OHAugust 5, 2015
Nice place to work for. Corporate is quick to help employees if there is a problem, they are always seeking new opportunities for us to advance.