G4S Technology

G4S Technology Employer Reviews

Keystone Cops/Police Academy
Security Guard "D" (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: still looking for at least one other than a paycheck
Cons: turn over, little or no continuity, lack of effective management
A typical day is loaded with chaos. I learned to be more selective about who I accept employment from. I have been in the work force for over 30 years and this is the most disengaged management I have ever experienced other than retail. This group of managers are reactive and highly doubt they know what proactive means. Many good co workers but most are job scared and will let higher ups dump on them. The hardest part of the job is getting a straight answer and deal with the managements disengagement. Most enjoyable was having a job and the good feeling of being productive and being employed. Knowing what I do now about the operation I do not feel secure anywhere G4S is the Security contractor. As you can tell from job listings, G4S is always looking for people as they have a problem keeping enough employees to do the job effectively. They spend more on training and hiring than it would cost to pay a little more and treat people better.
Great place to work very flexible
Office Manager (Former Employee), Cypress, CAJune 9, 2014
No complaints must be able to adapt to change. Great company growth. Fun and exciting environment.
Good place to hone skills for furure career choices.
Telecommunications Specialist (Former Employee), West Springfield, MAApril 1, 2014
Pros: great interactions with managment, and alot of ot
Cons: horrifying hours, working 12 to 16 hours shifts consecutivly lead to alot of sleepless nights
Typical day at work was managing and coordinating technicians on the job. Telling them were to go and what they need to do. I would be sent out for testing, punchlist items and working directly with the customer.
I learned fiber optics, ISP and OSP standards, testing backbones fiber networks and entry level splicing techniques. Network management, troubleshooting. Working directly with the customer and making changes according to their standard or changing things they weren't satisfactory on.
Working with the co-workers was the best part of the job, team work was strong and deadlines were met.
G4S Technology is a very fast paced work environment
Construction Manager (Current Employee), West Springfield Ma.March 4, 2014
Working on the MBI project. Completed the make ready work for 1200 miles of aerial plant. My next assignment was splicing and testing foc and 802 community anchor institutions. I had a great team working with me. We had a lot of peaks and valleys but worked thru all our issues.
non professional
Project Manager (Former Employee), Springfield ,MaFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: come and go as you please
Cons: demnding hours for lack of work done by managment
There is no leadership or structure at this Project. There was no one to watch over what is going on . managment team was just there for the pay check.
culture issues
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee), New JerseyFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: good base
Cons: very, very unrealistic sales expectations
management likes to shoot first and ask questions later. very bad morale pervasive throughout company
Great management and a good team to work with.
Security Technician (Former Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 12, 2013
Pros: lots of work
Cons: lack of training
When we were working in the field, we would go directly to the site. Work would consist of installing security panels, thermal and ptz cameras and maintenance of the security infrastructure. I learned a great deal about wiring security equipment and proper voltages for certain applications.I had an awesome project manager as well as a capable team who were very easy to get along with. The most difficult part of the job would be the lack of training. But the most enjoyable part would be seeing the completion of projects and learning new skills.
Productive & fun place to work
Dispatcher-Receptionist/ NOCC Operator (Former Employee), Albany, NYJuly 19, 2012
I gained alot of new skills working for G4S. The employees were helpful and outgoing. I loved that the company created a position for me when my original position was relocated to Boston.
Ground floor of IPTV for TDS in St Marys, GA
Project Manager (Current Employee), Saint Marys, GAMay 28, 2012
Pros: company truck and gas card
Cons: hour drive each way.
Manage 10 Facility tech's installing PON and Copper DSL with or without IPTV. I learned about ground floor technology and TDS systems. Management was very involved and concerned abeout the new service. Co-workers were team players, everyone was willing to help anyone. The Hardest part of the job was finding people with the wide range of skills to understand the old and integrate the new. Bringing new technology to remote areas was the most enjoyable part of this job.