G4S Wackenhut

G4S Wackenhut Employer Reviews

A very productive and fulfilling employment
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 19, 2014
Pros: great pay and great job assignments
Cons: not staying with the company
Advanced immediately. This job made me feel like a successful employee and the management cared about its people. Employed in Cincinnati Ohio.
Decent place to gain security experience
Security Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 14, 2014
This company is located in NYC and like most company, they have their desirable and undesirable issues. Overall, I do think that it is a good place to start off when persuing a career in the security industry.
Various locations and situtaions
Custom Protection Officer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2014
Pros: good clients
Cons: constant calls to fill posts regardless of schedules
Enjoyed working with the different clients, different situtations, Management not there for you
work place
Armed security guard (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJune 6, 2014
Pros: supervisors and coworkers are very helpful and caring
Cons: eating in while at the guard house was hard was considered working still
A typical day here working for G4's was coming to the guard house talking for a couple of minutes to get the information on what happened before I would get on post and talking to my coworker who always provides me with advise and how to do things to make working at the gate much easier.
A good place to work until you make a mistake
Security Shift Lieutenant (Former Employee), Plaquemine, LAMay 20, 2014
Pros: good benefits and pay
Cons: unreasonable discipline
A basic security police officer has few duties to complete, therefore, good pay for the amount of work required. Supervisors have many, many tasks to perform, while also managing personnel and over-seeing the facility. Most employees are nice to work with, though some are quite lazy and don't earn their pay. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with the lazy employees. The most enjoyable part is the social interactions with site personnel.
Great firm
Custom Protection Officer (Former Employee), GAMay 14, 2014
This is good experience to transition into law enforcement
Professional Environment
Security Officer (Current Employee), Takoma Park, MDMay 12, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and learning how to cope under pressure
Cons: you can be call upon during lunch or breaks
I worked at Fannie Mae - A typical day was to make sure everyone that walked through the door had a badge stating that they belong in the building. If they did not have a badge and had an appointment with someone then their name had to be on a list that was given to me before I am station in my position. I also had to police the premises for unwanted visitors. Other than those to scenario no one was allowed past the front door.The hardest part of the job was standing outside for long periods of time regardless of the weather. The easiest part was greeting and meeting all types of people.
different fun job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Reynoldsburg, OHApril 11, 2014
it was fun at times when you got to do more then sit at a desk..like drive a tuck around and look for trespassers
highly recognizable company
Lieutenant (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 16, 2014
Wackenhut was a highly known security company and one of the best. Management was superb and depending on your post and the contract its what determines your pay!
Productive work place
Security Guard (Current Employee), Elmsford, NYMarch 3, 2014
Pros: i work at a great site.
Cons: armed guard qualifications. you need to have law enforcement or military experience.
I enjoy working for G4S Secure Solutions. I work out of the Westchester County Office where everyone is polite and very respectful.
Not productive workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2014
In the job of security you have to be alert at all times. When placed at a site, Security officers are the first that most people go to for questions. Appearance is important and being alert at all times is a must.
Good job in the heart of Downtown Atlanta.
Upgraded Security Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 21, 2013
Pros: very peaceful, in the heart of downtown atlanta
Cons: non-communication from management towards staff can often times prove unforgiving and detrimental.
Met and greeted all personnel, contractors and visitors entering the facility, signing them in/out. Monitored cameras and filled out paperwork. Management was sometimes very tough to take, however, I understand the complexities that they have to endure to run a tight shift. The hardest part of this job was the lack of communication between management and staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that it was "normally" quite peaceful.
great job
SOC/Shift Lead (Current Employee), Stamford, CTNovember 16, 2013
my direct boss is wonderful but the people in the office are as about as white plan paper in a store when you need to pay the bill
fun work place
Security Guard (Former Employee), Texas City, TXNovember 12, 2013
this job kept me busy, weekends I worked alone which was a plus, a little down time. No problems with anybody.
Security
Security Officer (GE) (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 6, 2013
Pros: easy day
Cons: no hard work, so i you being proactive and productive keep looking
Enough siad it's Security. Boring not for the active worker.
security officer/ site supervisor
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 3, 2013
● Responsible for the monitoring and control of all employees
● Built and maintained an extensive badge database.
● Responsible for the training and proper procedure execution of all officers under my command.
Some very good people
Security Guard (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: no real security
This is a low stress job. The problem is that the positions are contracted. If the company looses the contract - you lose the position.
Lack of any professionalism toward workers and always misleading them.
Officer (Former Employee), Winston Salem, NCAugust 25, 2013
Cons: lies, always changing their minds, are not accountable for their actions.
Management talkes about raises in the hiring process but do not follow up. Poor follow up on most anything the workers/officers want or need. Management is forever breaking promises so you need to get everything in writing. Will overwork people to death if they get short handed but then say no one will ever get any overtime. They fight you every step of the way to get to take your vacation time. Very unorganized and always shifting blame to the little guy for managements errors. Likes to charge the workers for things they are required to have for their job like their license.
A company that provided a good opportunity
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJune 18, 2013
The time worked with this company was not in the most ideal situation. Turnover was extremely high and leadership was still being established for us at the site and at the branch level. Once established, I was given an opportunity to lead and I ran with it. With the assistance of the branch office and the cooperation of the officers on the site, we became successful. The management training provided was amazing and allowed for proffessional growth.
LOTS OF CAREER OPERTUNITIES
Armed Medical Escort (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 10, 2013
STARTED AS ARMED BANK GUARD FOR FIRST TEN YEARS WHICH ALSO INCLUDED A TWO YEAR POSITION AS BANK CAPTAIN. WAS GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK ALONG SIDE CUSTOM BORDER PROTECTION & BORDER PAROL WATCHING DETAINEES AND TRANSPORTING PERSONAL TO MEDICAL FACILITES. CONTRACT ENDED.