G4S

1.4K reviews

G4S Employee Reviews

G4S
Security Officer (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PaJuly 28, 2015
A typical day at work would be starting with me screening people coming in and out of the fielding, going on tours to check doors, answer phone calls, check people in and out, and make sure everything looked correct. I learned that being a security officer isn't like being a cop at all and security officers just protect the grounds and if something goes bad they are to call the cops.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 26, 2015
I love the people on the posts that I work at night, my hours vary throughout the week. The hardest part is not being very active for 12 hours because I don't patrol much at night. The most enjoyable is the people that I work with
ok place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 25, 2015
G4s work is a decent place to work. people are friendly. my only complaint not consistant. Also, they are slow to getting you the right matieral needed to preform your job.
Productive shift
NOC OFFICER (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Very easy crew
Cons: if someone calls off, having to find someone to cover on my graveyard shift
- During my shift, I answer phone calls and make outbound phone calls, send emails and respond to emails, keep an eye on the whole campus on CCTV cameras. Keep an eye on my 5 officers.

- Iv learned – more... how to problem solve in any given situation

- My officers are on top of there job and very respectful, as I am towards them

- It can be a little stressful at times, but rarely

- I enjoy all aspects of my job because I am having the opportunity to show my skills in ever way – less
Great help with long distance walking
Security Officer (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Love the job
Cons: Hate when alarms don't set and got to stay overnight and plus work your shift
Great place to learn and keep you on your toes about how people try to get away with crime.Help learn how to deal with different kind of sickness with person and their misunderstanding
great place to work that provides saftey for the youth.
Shift supervisor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 22, 2015
Pros: seeing the youth grow and progress out of the program.
Cons: knowing that some of the youth are dealing with major issues mentally and emotionally.
A typical day at work is fun and exciting because I am working with different personalities. Each youth is different in their own way. With this job, I learned that even though the youth are in this program, they are not bad children.
It is one of the better security companies to work for.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Blue Springs, Mo. North Kansas City, Mo.July 19, 2015
Pros: Can get overtime.
Cons: I am working nights.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers. For the most part they are respectable, but there are some who want to start up. Sometimes hard to talk with management because they have not served in the military. They do not understand a lot of us.
Not for me
Security Officer/ Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCJuly 18, 2015
Pros: pay is ok
Cons: communication is terrible
this company is not reliable when it comes to the associate's needs. They rarely answer questions and the communication sucks.
Hard work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Norco, LAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Overtime pay
Cons: physical work, no room for advancement
It was a decent atmosphere. Some of the employees were the hardest working men. There was lots of overtime and anyone could get it, but the work was very physical.
nice
Security Officer (Former Employee), Carleton, MIJuly 13, 2015
I think im messing these all up but very happy working with new people learning from others always ready for new challenges
Productive place to work, no room for advancement
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee), Tampa, FlJuly 13, 2015
Productive workplace with major responsibility. Unsupportive management. Pay and benefits were good but no room for advancement unless someone quits or gets fired.
Easy work and very straight forward
Flex Officer (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Easy work
Cons: Poor Management
Decent company very basic tasks and simple for anyone to do. Co-workers are all very friendly and easy to talk with. Typical days are either walking around patrolling or sitting down watching personnel. – more... Management within the company isn't the best I have seen and needs improvement. Hardest part about the job is the pure boredom on every shift you go to. The most enjoyable is that I am use to it from the military and it is very easy money. – less
Busy with schduling and payroll
Project Manager (Former Employee), Geismar, LaJuly 12, 2015
Pros: The freedom to select work hours
Cons: The distance from home
It was meetings and committee attendance and a lot of public speaking. Must be aware of the post and how they operate hiring and training on going to keep staff up to date on all UCCG regulations and Homeland security updates
NOT A STRONG WORK ENVIROMENT
Security Officer (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 11, 2015
HOURS WERE VERY LIMITED. MANAGEMENT WAS POORLY TRAINED AND DIDNT KNOW HOW TO WORK AS A TEAM. WE ALMOST NEVER HAD THE SUPPLIES TO PERFORM ADEQUATELY
General adjuster
SIU specialist/ Multi (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 9, 2015
Fast, accurate and detail oriented claims specialist that handles all property and casulty claims with muiti jurisdictional knowledge. Spanish speaker.
Terrible Managment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Jackson,MsJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Free uniforms.
Cons: Less Hours, minimum wage pay.
From the management to the hours and pay is sad. I wouldn't prefer anyone to work for this branch in the Jackson MS area. When I got hired the training was slow and unprofessional. And also they require you to have to much experience and less pay.
Low Pay, Poor Management
Critical facility officer (Current Employee), Newark, DEJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Leaving at the end of your shift.
Cons: Micro-Management, Low Pay
You start your day being watched and tracked on everything you do and say.

You end your day thanking god that you are leaving.

The main office has no clue what goes on and does not care as long as they are getting their bonus.

You might get a pay raise after 2 years if you are lucky.
N/A
Upscale Security Officer (Former Employee), Albany, NYJuly 6, 2015
IT'S A JOB THAT YOU GET PAID FOR. DECENT PAY BUT A EASY JOB. NOTHING BAD ABOUT ANYTHING WHEN I WORKED THERE. COULD BE BETTER OR COULD OF BEEN WORST
working for G4S
Control Room Operator (Current Employee), Tobaccoville, NCJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Good Pay
A typical work day at G4S is coming in and answering phones, acknowledging alarms. You learn a lot working with cameras and the lenel system. Some co-workers are good to work with, others not so much.
Best Job you could ever work
Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Emploees, Management, stability
Cons: Relief is often late
Best Job you could ever work!
I learned how to prompt and on time
The hardest part of the job is dealing with schdules
The most enjoyable is the people, and the work
Headquarters