G4S

1.4K reviews

G4S Employee Reviews

doesn't pay as agreed
Sergeant of Security (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 26, 2015
Cons: doesn't pay as agreed
they have a systematic wide problem with getting their payroll right. Since November 2014 to July 2015 they alleged that they had overpaid me which amounted to over $550.00. I quit because of that.
Horrible management and environment,
EMT/fire officer (Former Employee), GMSP, Spring Hill, TNAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Management
I would work an eight hour shift on a rotating schedule, have eight hours off and then have to be back at work when my shift changed. I suggested that the rotating shift employees have their shift in a reverse order, where it would start on first (6a-2p), then move to second (2p-10p), etc. I was reprimanded for making a suggestion to upper management without the site managers "approval". I did this in accordance with the union handbook for security officers since I had also been trained as one, but it was still frowned upon.
I did, however, learn a lot about fire suppression systems in a large, automobile factory setting.
A typical day as an EMT, would be depending on which shift I was working that day. It was a very large plant (on over 3000 acres), so I had to know every inch of the inside and outside of the plant. Most shifts did consist of completing walk throughs of different buildings to look for fire, injured personnel, etc., checking on different components of the fire system and knowing what to do if they were to malfunction, responding to fires and injured personnel, doing multiple perimeter checks of specific areas to make sure things were secure.
The hardest part was honestly learning all the buildings and the fastest way to get to certain areas from the outside. This was a fully build-out plant, so cars went from stamping out the metal for the outside to assembly, then paint, then building engine from molten metals and assembly of the powertrain to go in the vehicles.
The most enjoyable part was when actually getting to perform my EMT duties, and help save lives, or prevent further injury.
Employee Saftey is Utmost Important
Custom Private Officer (CPO)/Protection Services (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAAugust 22, 2015
G4S is an amazing company to work for; however, they do not permit their officers to work more than 1 post in a day. I understand the reasons for it-saftey, but I am a single parent of a college student and need all the hours I can obtain. So, now i must find another company that has part time work for security officers.
Productive fun place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee), Aiken, SCAugust 21, 2015
I enjoy working at GSK- Aiken Sc fun place to work people very polite and caring nothing really hard at the job. Co workers very nice we all work on one accord as a team.
Unarmed Security Officer -USO (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 21, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: BREAKS
FIND THAT THE MORE BUSY WITH CUSTOMERS AND PATROLS THROUGH OUT THE SIGHT. YOUR DAYS GO FASTER THE BUSIER.

A GOOD TEAM IS GOOD TO WORK WITH AS WELL.
NOT FOR EVERYONE.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: ALOT
THERE IS ALOT OF FAVORTISM AND DISRESPECT WITH THIS JOB. YOU CAN NOT HAVE ANY PERSONAL LIFE. AND YOU DONT GET ANY GOOD BENEFITS.
No work security
Security Guard (Current Employee), Beckley, WVAugust 14, 2015
No work security and hours arent guaranteed. They use you when the need you and give no notice when hrs are cut. None of the higher ups do their job correctly.
My day is daily logging ,transferring phone calls ,and costomer service
Receptionist/Concierge (Current Employee), Morristown, NJAugust 13, 2015
Pros: I meet new people
Cons: Not enough pay
Overall a lot of traffic throughout the day at times it can be very busy to where I have to multitask managing the incoming and outgoing of visitors ,vendors,employees and contractors.
Only good for a paycheck.
Custom Protection Officer for First Data Resources (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 10, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Management and lacking certain benefits.
Made daily routine security patrols.
Wrote out a daily duty log.
Signed out keys and badges daily.
Responded to alarms and sometimes medical incidents.
Monitored the alarm station.
Helped out daily staffing issues by calling other officers to fill in shifts that were not covered.
Still working there right now
Security Officer (Armed) (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Pot luck lunches
Cons: On your feet for a long time
Varies with volume of client traffic. Deal with small and large amounts of customers daily. Hardest part of the job is getting Perry's Steak house customers from parking in our areas. Most enjoyable part of the job is when the supervisors/managers recognize the work we have done so they get the customers in safely.
A typical day at wotk is energertic and friendly environment that allows us to help protect our employers and visitors
Security Admin (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIAugust 5, 2015
Pros: good management
Cons: healthcare benefits
Working as a security administrator at FCA has been a great opportunity. It allows me to meet new individuals and grow as a person. I have learned many skills since in this position. I have learned how to coordinate events, assist in completing safety inspection upon entering and exiting the building, and helping with medical emergencies. The hardest part about my job is leaving when its time to get off. I love the people I work with.
They make working their enjoyable.
Unsat
Custom Protection Officer (Former Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 5, 2015
low pay low hours no comradery, no room to improve or move up in the chain of command, no gear or tools to properly do the job that was asked.
Good People
Security Guard (Dispatcher) (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 4, 2015
The get you work at multiple places. From just guarding to doing things like dispatching. Different pay rates. 10 to 12 dollar pay when unarmed.
G4S
Security Officer (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PaJuly 28, 2015
A typical day at work would be starting with me screening people coming in and out of the fielding, going on tours to check doors, answer phone calls, check people in and out, and make sure everything looked correct. I learned that being a security officer isn't like being a cop at all and security officers just protect the grounds and if something goes bad they are to call the cops.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 26, 2015
I love the people on the posts that I work at night, my hours vary throughout the week. The hardest part is not being very active for 12 hours because I don't patrol much at night. The most enjoyable is the people that I work with
ok place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 25, 2015
G4s work is a decent place to work. people are friendly. my only complaint not consistant. Also, they are slow to getting you the right matieral needed to preform your job.
Productive shift
NOC OFFICER (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Very easy crew
Cons: if someone calls off, having to find someone to cover on my graveyard shift
- During my shift, I answer phone calls and make outbound phone calls, send emails and respond to emails, keep an eye on the whole campus on CCTV cameras. Keep an eye on my 5 officers.

- Iv learned how to problem solve in any given situation

- My officers are on top of there job and very respectful, as I am towards them

- It can be a little stressful at times, but rarely

- I enjoy all aspects of my job because I am having the opportunity to show my skills in ever way
Great help with long distance walking
Security Officer (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Love the job
Cons: Hate when alarms don't set and got to stay overnight and plus work your shift
Great place to learn and keep you on your toes about how people try to get away with crime.Help learn how to deal with different kind of sickness with person and their misunderstanding
great place to work that provides saftey for the youth.
Shift supervisor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 22, 2015
Pros: seeing the youth grow and progress out of the program.
Cons: knowing that some of the youth are dealing with major issues mentally and emotionally.
A typical day at work is fun and exciting because I am working with different personalities. Each youth is different in their own way. With this job, I learned that even though the youth are in this program, they are not bad children.
It is one of the better security companies to work for.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Blue Springs, Mo. North Kansas City, Mo.July 19, 2015
Pros: Can get overtime.
Cons: I am working nights.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers. For the most part they are respectable, but there are some who want to start up. Sometimes hard to talk with management because they have not served in the military. They do not understand a lot of us.
Headquarters