G4S
1,224 reviews

G4S United States Employee Reviews

Place in not organized
Security Officer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 24, 2015
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: No sick days, poor management, unorganized, dont take of their people
I worked at two different G4S company's in two separate states, and same problem management is very unorganized no sick pay if you get sick,don't wont you to take time off, one of the better paying security company's but a pain to work for
Good company
ARMED SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee), New YorkApril 23, 2015
Good company.I have flexibility and I have the ability to work in different locations in Manhattan and the Bronx. I would recommend the company to others.
Terrible work enviroment, union, and management
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee), Radford, VAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Decent Pay
Cons: No breaks. Poor Healthcare, Unpredictable hours and schedules
Go in at a certain time but never know if you will leave on time. Co workers are full of drama. Rules only apply to the ones who are not in with management. Management only cares if positions are fill. not if employees are ok mentally and physically. Management could care less whether you get 8 hours of sleep before next shift. Has no compassion for employees or their families. Benefits were terrible and outrageously priced. The hardest part of the job was staying awake for 8+ hours with nothing to stimulate the brain. No electronics were allowed and even got in trouble for reading at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people who work inside the plant. They tried to make sure the guards were taken care of.
Great Company
Security Officer (Former Employee), Tobaccoville NCApril 22, 2015
I really enjoyed my job just not the fact that I would have to work all 3 shifts. With kids that is very hard to do. I also did not like the fact that it was hard to advance within the company. They would hire outside people instead of promoting from within.
some what of a good company to work for
Security Guard (Current Employee), Nashville-Davidson, TNApril 18, 2015
a typical day at work is basiclly in any bad whether meaning snow,rain etc writing in a report every hour and accessing entry to employees vistors co-workers are good to work with mangement not so good job is real easy can do it in your sleep
Nice Stepping Stone
Administrator (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIApril 14, 2015
With the highest entry level rate this is a nice place to start your career. Here you will learn the basics of security and there is room to advance your career in the facility.
good for veterans
Upscale Security Officer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 14, 2015
Pros: ok pay
Cons: its all about the bottom line for them.
will hire any prior military, I loved working there and I wish I could go back, great people and job wasn't too hard. The people are great but the big bosses don't care about anyone unless there is trouble.
It's Security
Security Guard (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 14, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
I wasn't able to remain within the company for long because my position was only temporary (holiday help). So I can't say much other than what I've witnessed and honestly, it wasn't that bad. Plain and simple. Not bad at all. Great place to start if you want to get into the security field.
the yard
Security Officer/ Team Lead (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2015
Great place to work. Learned so much while working here. Great co workers and supporting staff. Also great group of kids.
Good Job
Security Officer (Current Employee), Flint, MIApril 11, 2015
Its a good job unless your trying to go to school. They don't really work with you if you in school and working. The hours are good if your only working and not doing something else that affects work.
As a people person I find that people put a smile on my face and loving your job gives your best performance.
Unemployed Security Guard (Former Employee), Richmond, KYApril 10, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was being the best that I can be. When being a security guard you never know what will happen that day so its a challenge and heartwarming to help people. There is a lot of routine work as most jobs but the feeling of accomplishment is worth it all.
summary
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 7, 2015
Pros: insurance, meet all kinds of people
Cons: having to stand all day
G4S is a good security company. The mangers are professional, it is rewarding work. You also get to meet a wide range of people throughout the day.
Excellent place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee), Syracuse NYApril 4, 2015
Friendly environment and total support from Management, Team work is the goal for every body on post. Flexible schedule and good benefit.
I work outside in all kinds of weather at Sub Station power plants puting in Camera Systems and Card Access Systems
Security Technician III (Current Employee), Rochester NYApril 4, 2015
Pros: Making a secure area
Cons: working outside in all kinds of weather.
Primary Duties Self perform and manages subcontractors in installation of intrusion detection, access control, CCTV and data communication systems. Work on-site which includes installation and configuration of the head end of computer systems, termination and calibration of field devices and sensors. Complete job status reports, travel expense reports, safety logs. Assists system engineers with site surveys and installation plans.
Great Place to work
Security Guard, and front desk helper (Current Employee), Cranford, NJMarch 31, 2015
Great company and awesome sites, from the day that i started working for them till right now i have learn a lot. It is a very good company i never regrets applying and working for them.
Not Horrible but Not Great
Security Officer (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, INMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Everything else.
This Security company doesn't care for it's employees just the current contract they're working for. Pay is decent for a security job but believe me when I say this is not a compassionate company.
Poorly ran management
Security Officer (Current Employee), St. AlbansMarch 29, 2015
Management sets an atmosphere of ignorance and disbelief. Night shift workers never see office personnel unless it benefits them.
Boring
Security Officer (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 29, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
Lack of structure, Management is horrable. Lack of Communication. They don't give raises. DEAD END JOB no advancement
GOOD JOB
MR. HOLLOWAY (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 28, 2015
IT WAS A GOOD JOB ADAPTABLE TO MY HOURS THE ONLY PROBLEM THAT THEY HAD IS THEIR MANAGEMENT DOES NOT COMMUNICATE EACH OTHER BETWEEN THEM, BUT JOB WISE PRETTY GOOD
Productive workday
Security Officer, Supervisor (Current Employee), Westchester, ILMarch 28, 2015
I learned how to multi task and to deal with different personalities on a professional level.
My co-workers, in general were easy to work with to maintain a professional atmosphere.
A typical day at the job was to come in, handle different alarm codes, work with the client professionally. I would observe and report any wrong doings while I verified different store loads on trucks.
The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the multi-tasking and working with other people.

1 2 3 4 5

About G4S

G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The – Read more

G4S Salaries