G4S Employee Reviews

Found 2,921 reviews matching the search
Team is great, management not so much
Area Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Central FloridaFebruary 22, 2017
Co-workers and day to day work is great; it's the nonsense that management from over a 100 miles away that drives it into the ground. It goes from zero care management to mass panic management styles in the blink or an eye. I do not understand how a world-wide company allows offices to be so blind and/or ignorant to field operations. Without those in the field, G4S would be NOTHING.
Pros
Decent pay for work done
Cons
Management, Management and Management
work place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 25, 2017
good company
• An unwavering commitment to customer service, with the ability to build productive relationships, resolve complex issues and win customer loyalty.
• Demonstrated ability of working under pressure by always being courteous and respectful (When are angry and argumentative).
• Trained newly hired employees
• Patrol and inspect property to protect against fire, theft, vandalism, terrorism, and illegal activity
• Increased the protection of every one of our customers by scanning belongings and body searching (as necessary).
my experience of working for G4S
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 23, 2017
I have been with g4s since July 2014 and can honestly say I have had such a great experience and more to come in the near future. I make sure to keep the guest and patrons safe and make them feel welcome with a greet and smile. I've learned so far that on and off the clock I am a reflection of G4S and mostly an Officer. The best part about my job is getting to meet the celebrities that come for shows and being able to make sure people are safe under my watch.
Is productive and enjoyable workplace
Security Officer/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 19, 2017
Being a Security Officer in a bank you are the first contact to be recognized and you have 50 - 50 chance in case of any activities e.g Fighting, stealing and protesting etc.
Has a Security officer first thing is your safety and how to protect yourself.
G4S Management wonderful.
For me all site that I worked the people were accommodating and friendly.
The hardest part of the job was standing outside for hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different type of people.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
short break
Great people and comfortable environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 9, 2017
My typical day was average, I report to work and go to where they locate me for that day. I've learned to be patient, more respectable and how to approach people when in confrontation. Overall the culture and management of the workplace was comfortable and the environment felt safe. I didn't find any part of the job hard, but the most enjoyable part was being sent to the different locations, meeting the different people and being in a different environment.
I enjoyed working at my final assignment, the people were great.
Armed Security Officer (CPO) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 2, 2017
My immediate supervision were good, the office supervision and human resources were not employee friendly and it was difficult to get something done when it was needed. Never actually met the Major that was over the supervisor of the contract that I worked. He would make decisions without even knowing the post, that were not suitable for that post. But the supervision of the other company at the contract site was very good.
Pros
The supervision on the site were excellent
Cons
The upper supervisor (Major) made uninformed decisions about the site
A Decent Company to Work For
Commissioned Security Officer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXFebruary 8, 2017
G4S is not a bad company to work for. The benefits are good, not great, but you can manage. The work isn't difficult and little stress from the job itself. Only upper management creates difficulties by making flat out assumptions about the sites their managing or not having any knowledge of their sites. The managements issues only get worse when they promote the wrong people to those positions who only care of their bottom line and care little of the difficulties they create at their sites.
The supervisors suck.
Security Guard Night Sgt. (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 20, 2017
I started as a supervisor. I didn't like telling officers to stay past their shift. In some cases the captain would make the officer stay past 16 hours. She would fix the time, so it didn't look illegal. Because of her practices at that work site, I stepped down. She retaliated by scheduling me to different sites, knowing I couldn't work them. I eventually resigned after my calling the H.R. department and them not doing anything. I them spoke to corporate and again...crickets.
Pros
great trainers
Cons
racist
My Review
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 18, 2017
G4S is a good company to work for but in the recent years the company has grown to be a every difficult place to work. Management lies to you in your face. There's no room to grow. The hardest part the job is trust, which is very little. The most enjoyable part of the job is my co-worker they are really good people. I have been doing security work for 12 years with many different companies G4S(Baton Rouge Office) is the worst security company I have ever work for and I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way.
Cons
no lunch breaks, Liars
A job
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Management is ok provided you do not take days off. You also have to deal with the type of other people they hire. I worked as a site supervisor for three years and the only employees I've ever had to remove from my site were former correctional officers. They just couldn't grasp the simplest details of the job. In addition, their lack of discipline was horrendous. The company needs to raise their standards and really only hire military veterans or actual law enforcement. People who actually know what they are doing.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Dealing with other people they hire
Poor management, low pay for work case load and amount of travel involved, no loyalty or job security no matter how long yor tenure
Investigator (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 16, 2017
No loyalty provided towards the employee's. Poor management and lack of professionalism by all management. Days begin at 5-6am and run until the case is complete no matter how long it takes which can be as long as 15 hours. Pay does not cover what they ask for and anyone thinking of working for this company had better be ready for the extensive travel and poor pay unless they negotiate a large salary to cover the time they expect you to work.
Fast paced working enviroment
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 12, 2017
G4S was a fast paced working environment. There was always a great amount of work that needed to completed. I started there as Administrative assistant and worked my way up to Payroll Specialist. I was given many task. I was responsible for over more than 500 employees payroll. It was my responsibility to maintain the employees happy and the clients. I also was responsible for HR duties. I managed orientation, benefits, FMLA and any other type of leave that was needed.
Easy, laid back job with good coworkers. Horrible management though.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAJanuary 12, 2017
A typical work day goes smoothly. I just talk to my partner until a truck comes in or out and I check the trucker's trailer out. I learned nothing at my job. My management for the most part is horrible. They have a hard time getting payroll right and they refuse to fire someone unless they are personally offended by a guard. For the most part my co-workers are the best co-workers I have had at a job. My most enjoyable part of my job is talking to my partner(s) at work.
Pros
Above average pay, fun co-workers, and a lot of free time
Cons
Horrible management and trucker's are not the kindest or smartest clients to work with
Amazing company. They really strive to hire the most adequate personel and it shows with great workplace communication and dedication.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Moundsville, WVJanuary 14, 2017
This company helped me advance in a very short period of time to the nicest site available in our area by recognizing my enthusiasm and effort in writing reports and conducting patrols. The chain of command was always willing to help resolve any issues that came up. Overall a great company to work for and the training they provide is very in-depth and pertinent to the job at hand.
Pros
Paid training, uniforms provided, local job placement.
Cons
You may start out at some undesirable sites but with good hard work advancement will occur.
n/A
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 10, 2017
not a fun place to work but I make good money because I work a lot of hours. they take advantage of everyone and do not care if you have a life or other plans you already are engaged to. They expect you to answer the phone all the time and be available for everything they want you for and travel all over the place and use your own vehicle and gas. They do not stick to heir promises and will tell you what ever they can to get you to work somewhere and what ever hours they want you to work.
Pros
good money
Cons
I received experience in my new career as I was attending school as a private unarmed security officer. I appreciated the skills learned.
PRN Contractor Unarmed Private Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 9, 2017
I learned how to work alone in a large college building. It help me gain self-esteem and the capability of being trustworthy to the staff and students.I enjoyed wearing the professional uniform.
Pros
I was new to the field and they hire me with no experience. I appreciated that.
Cons
The work was temporary but rewarding.
Not a terrible job
Critical Facility Officer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2017
This company does not want you to use your brain. Most of the positions are for old people with nothing to do. As a younger person, I find myself getting super bored and finding ways to entertain myself. Its an okay gig and the higher pay is a plus among the other security companies in the West Florida area.
Pros
40 hours a week, OT sometimes, issued uniforms, management is decent
Cons
Terrible benefits, boring work, wouldn't recomend
Fine
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILDecember 31, 2016
Security companies don't have a great reputation and with good reason. G4S is like many, but they have good accounts if you have the right experience. However this also means it can be hard for them to fill spots when they need new people, so you might work extra hours while understaffed. Management is good, in my experience, but there is little to no room for advancement if you aren't on the very bottom. Since I have a good site, a promotion would actually lead to a decreased wage.

The major complaint is that if you work OT in a Holiday weak, they won't give you both premiums.
Poor examples of your experience
Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 30, 2016
On requiting, was not informed on further training by mgr in San Ant. Tx. at minimum wages (25/yrs experience prior employment), discovered in class training. Also, a required of 70% monthly video required to keep job, though claimants aren't always active !!!
Bad communications from mgr., except verbal/written warnings kept for extraction/termination.
Poor job advancement......none !!
Pros
Bi-weekly pay
Cons
Verbal/written warnings, no type warning on claimant activity, denounced excuses for no work, last min chages 2 schedule, too much outta twn wk.
Worst Management in the World!
Data Center Officer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 17, 2017
This company is probably the worst contract Security Job i have had. I've worked with AlliedBarton and Securitas but this company is by far the worst. Your paychecks are always wrong. The management seems to be confused or just not trying hard enough. Overtime is always open and people seems to be miserable. The pay is good but the benefits are probably the worst you'll ever see.
Pros
Coworkers
Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval