G4S
1,068 reviews

G4S Employer Reviews

Only apply if you're older with no other priorities
Security Officer (Former Employee), Warren, MIDecember 27, 2014
Pros: free luches every once in a while, work by yourself in your own vehicle
Cons: mandatory over time, short lunches, not that many breaks
I only worked with this company for two short months before I was laid off. I hated working for this company due to many unwritten rules and unorganization. You will also be forced into over time without prior notification, in which, especially over the weekend employees would not even come into work to work their designated shift. If you have other – more... priorities such as children, doctor's appointments, going to school and what have, this is not the job for you because they do not care about your outside life. If you do not work the mandatory over time you could be forced to be written up or fired. There is also a point system guideline there which is ridiculous. – less
n/a
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKDecember 25, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
a typical day at work was fun and challenging.i learned leadership skills and various warehouse computer skills. the management was nice and very energetic and helpful. co workers were very knowledgeable and helpful. the hardest part of the job was long hours and weather conditions but overall it was enjoyable. i love the pay and the benefits.
Security officer
Security Officer (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCDecember 23, 2014
While I only worked with G4S for a short time, I really enjoyed my work as a security officer. My post was at a community college which allowed me to meet and help alot of very interesting people
Lots of work
Security (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLDecember 22, 2014
Conducted armed security at various locations, opportunity to make lots of overtime.
It's just another security company.
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee), Dallas TexasDecember 16, 2014
Cons: low pay, short breaks
I don't understand how a global security company like G4S can not pay their employee's what their worth, G4S does not offer raises let alone no cost of living raise, basically G4S doesn't care about their employee's.......that's sad........
Good work place
Armed Bank Control Officer (Current Employee), Detroit, MiDecember 14, 2014
A typical work day is just standing and watching the bank make sure no one is trying to rob the bank all i do is just stand at the door.
IT'S A GOOD PLACE TO WORK B.U.T. ?
SECURTIY GUARD (Current Employee), DALLAS TXDecember 12, 2014
THEY NEED HELP IN THE OFFICE MY CHECK ALWAYS WRONG I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO FAX THEM ARE CALL THEM EVERY TIME I GET PAID FOR SOMETHING THEY MESS UP YALL NEED TO GET IT TOGETHER. I LOVE THE COMPANY AND MY POST. BUT IF YOU WORK FOR G4S CHECK YOUR HOURS
Excellent source to get work experience in security nature jobs.
Security Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), San Jose, CADecember 11, 2014
Excellent accounts, good pay and fun working with team members. I have learnt lots of experience in supervision post. Learnt lots of new techniques as being supervisor.
It pays the bills
Security Guard (Current Employee), OHDecember 1, 2014
Pros: its not unemployment
There's always work, its very difficult to get fired.
NO advancement, no raises, barely any benefits.
The office I work out of is very accommodating, but it is a security job. If you want that kind of job, they can provide it usually with above average pay.
Great job more pay
security officer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 24, 2014
love working with people would like more per hour. Great hours, My supervisor is Great, and the company we are contracted by treats us great.
Professional company, good work environment
Critical Facility Officer (Current Employee), Hopewell, NJNovember 24, 2014
Pros: clean, professional work environment. decent pay
Cons: mediocore benefits and little room for advancement
Management is great, pay is OK for what we do, not backbreaking work, but you will need to think and pay attention. Teamwork is a must here since everyone must work together for the job to run smooth.Overall it is a good work environment, but do not expect to move up quickly there is very little room for advancement.
Great work place
Security Officer (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 20, 2014
G4S is a great place It seems that you have more advantage to move up. The people are great and helpful. My Coworkers are wonderful people and also helpful
Avoid this place
Security Officer (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLNovember 19, 2014
Cons: pay, work hours
Worst employer ever.....they always mess up your paycheck, schedule could be 18hr shift if no one shows up because the road captain refuses to work.They do not maintain thier equipment but then if it breaks while you are in pocession then they blame you.
Excellent
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNNovember 18, 2014
Just started working for this company and so far there are no complaints what so ever. Great group of people to work with and the management looks out for their personnel whether its personnel or professional.
Injoyed working for the company
security guard (Former Employee), Columbai MONovember 18, 2014
Pros: flexable
Cons: working at night
Good people to work for. Cold in the winter doing foot patrols outside.
Love working with the kids
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee), Okeechobee FLNovember 18, 2014
The job is enjoyable and a learning experience. You meet different youths of different races, and personalities. The youths learn from and you learn from them as well. Being able to become a role model from troubled youths is a honor. The hardest part of the job is driving to okeechobee florida.
Enjoyed working with others. Fellow employees were honest
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Danbury, CTNovember 17, 2014
Pros: management attempted to allow flexibility in work hours
Cons: no holiday time, poor 403 program
Excellent management. However benefits offered by company were poor. I was granted descretion in my duties and never felt I was micro-managed. Weekly web meetings were held with sites from around the country participating. Group and individual needs were discussed
Sucks bad place to work
CPO Security Officer (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 16, 2014
Bad company to work for the staff is terrible to work with. the supervisor I had had an ego trip. he did care about any one.
Unprofessional management.
guard (Former Employee), westchester ilNovember 16, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: unprofessional and non-empathetic management. expensive health benefits
I won't go into detail, but when you make it known that you can't work a certain day from the beginning, it shouldn't be the cause of you being separated from the company.
Don't Waste your time
Officer (Current Employee), Charleston SCNovember 13, 2014
Cons: healthcare, management, benfeits
Where to begin. Lets first start with a company that claims they have benefits, but they don't. They offer no retirement program. They h ave a 401K which they don't match a dime. Secondly the leadership is there for themselves and not the officers. Only place I know that can have numerous write-ups sent to their headquarters the leaders are still in – more... place – less

1 2 3 4 5

About G4S

G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The – Read more