G4S Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,517 reviews matching the search
Diverse environments with great co-workers
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 22, 2016
G4S has been very good to me, because I'm the kind of person who enjoys not knowing what the day could hold in store, and the need be aware and prepared for sudden changes to the daily task. Also the people I've met within this company have always treated me as family and with the respect I would want from my co-workers.
Pros
Different professional aspects and learning opportunites
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 22, 2016
The best part of my job was the opportunities for advancement. Clean and friendly work space and co workers. The hardest part of my day was staying awake. I worked the overnight shift.
Productive and fun work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 21, 2016
Always take in the knowledge each job presents you, and always network with like minded individuals, for knowledge is power.
Pros
Learn alot on the jobs
Cons
lack of managerial support
cheap outfit that has huge turnover
upscale security guard (Former Employee) –  tampa flAugust 19, 2016
No 401 k ,hours cut after first week,physically and verbally abused by patient at hospital with no support from mgnt,no regular schedule,harrassed by female coworker
Pros
Cons
no decent healthcare
Work
Custom Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, MSAugust 19, 2016
G4S is a great job for the experience if you need a job I would recommend this job to anyone who is motivated to work. The management is great they will work with you and make you feel like a team
Pros
management care
It was a job
Transportation Security Officer (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHAugust 19, 2016
It was a pleasant work environment and I got along with everyone. A typical day included watching for abnormalities in shipments and observing personnel while departing to protect against thief
Fun place to work, great employees.
Security Screener/Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 17, 2016
Fun place to work, you could be placed at different sites if needed and that is good to learn more! Managers and co-workers were great!
A good company to work for.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 17, 2016
I enjoined the years I worked for them. I liked all of my co-workers. I learned about having patients. I enjoyed the inter action with the employees. A typical day was checking IDS and patrolling inside building.The management did not come around to check the site often enough.
Security Supervisor
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAAugust 17, 2016
Security Supervisor in charge of 30+ officers each night.I learned how to manage, and be a leader for my team. I met some great people working for G4S.
Pros
Good bosses
Cons
Work was boring, Managment sucks
n/a
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 16, 2016
It's an awesome company. They are helpful, fun, kind people to be around. A lot of opportunities and they do not discriminate, they will hire anyone.
Fun workplace
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mandan, NDAugust 15, 2016
Management was nice and loved working with my team. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customer service part and helping out people in need. A typical day at work includes patrols, talking to everyone who enters the refinery.
Pros
only working 3 to 4 days a week
Cons
working weekends and long days
what I learned in training and on the job is like day and night
Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  Command Center at the Court HouseAugust 12, 2016
Dont Come here, You will be sorry. More management problems. Serious turnover. Most Spanish employees worked in the court house in the daytime while employees of color worked mid or night shift. One or two employees of color met the CQ
Pros
Pay was alright for the bull...you had to put up with from certain Supervisors.
Cons
Rules are not for everyone especially if you are sleeping with management
it was a job
Upscale Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHAugust 12, 2016
It was a job that provided me something to after retiring. I really don't have anything to say about working there. I worked there what more do you want me to say?
Inconsistent
Security OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILAugust 11, 2016
The problem with this company it does not communicate information in a timely manner. I found out the company had moved its headquarters through the grape vine. Not much consideration is given to advancement and employees tend to do the job the way they were thought in past and not at current standards. Not much leeway is given for innocent mistakes. You are usually transferred out after a tiny mistake.
Pros
Self autonomy is given
Cons
Nothing is ever done the same way
Not so great mgt team
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 11, 2016
Have lots of hours and locations if you really want to make money its possible. Management team is not professional and rude at times but overall ok company and great benefits.
very unorganized
CPO Flex (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 11, 2016
Some employees that work for G4s have no incentive to work hard and or show up for shifts on time, because our upper management doesn't give the employees any pay raises, or the chance for promotion.
Pros
some posts are better than others
Cons
the flex hours are not the greatest
Ensuring the safety of each employee
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 10, 2016
My job duties were to observe people, place, or things. To ensure the safety for clients, visitors, staff and employees. To assist in any activity good or bad. Also my job duties were to greet patients and visitors, to connect in some way. At all times be very attentive to my surroundings.

Received training in CPR as well as the using of an AED.
*Certified*
Never again
Upscale Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 10, 2016
No communication or stability. You never know what your schedule will be the next week. You get in trouble if you do the right thing. the customer is always right and this company does not back you up so if the customer doesnt like you then g4s will do whatever they can to make them happy which means move you and change your schedule and pay for doing nothing wrong.
Fun workplace
Bank Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 6, 2016
Typical day at work I learned that not all customers are the same. Management was great never had any issues with management when I had any problems dealing with anything outside of my post work they handled it in a timely fashion. The hardest part of the job was standing for eight and a half hours Monday-Thursday and nine and a half hours on Fridays. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people I love to meet new people because some people have different stories to tell.
Pros
two fifteen minute breaks and a thirty minute break
Cons
wearing long sleeves all year round becuase of tattoos
excellent place to work.
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 6, 2016
I usually work retail at most Grocery Stores within the San Francisco Area. A typical day consist of obersving and reporting any suspicious activity and making sure the well being of our customers is in good hands.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.