G4S

G4S Employer Reviews

Decent place to work
Operations Center Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 29, 2014
Its a pretty good place to work. However, I am not a security guard and so my experience may not be typical for most applicants.
Good company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 27, 2014
Workind with this company keeps you with a family.
Your work is always there and find the people very nice.
all over
Security Specialist (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 26, 2014
Pros: good supervisors
Cons: not enough employees to do what is required
The place isn't to organized and everything is really all over the place. They way the schedule people some people do 8 hour shifts others 10 and other 12. A lot of the time you don't get your 45 min break because there isn't enough people working.
horrible place to work at
CPO custom protection officer (Former Employee), orlando FloridaJuly 25, 2014
Pros: you don't have to say anything during the interview...they hire any and everybody
Cons: everything about the company
The pay is horrible the hours are even worse. If your flex prepare to work 7 days straight one week and 2 days the next week. I could never plan anything because I didn't get my schedule until that Saturday or Sunday before the week started. That are virtually no benefits. Barely and PTO..no 401k matching or anything..If u got jury duty prepare to not – more... get paid for it..The only "benefits" they offer are gift cards for no name restaurants that u have to pay for any way. – less
Review
Security Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2014
I secured technology warehouse and scanned cars out of auto auction
Very Disorganized
Security Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: a job
Cons: hurry up and leave
The Supervisor is not available to employees with questions or concerns. I have never been apart of a company that shows so little regard for their employees future. I had never heard of a 401k plan where the employer gives absolutely nothing toward an employees plan, not sure how it can be called a 401k. Oh and the health insurance cost a 3rd of your – more... pay every month so forget about it. – less
Great place
Security Officer (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 22, 2014
fun place. great people. fun enviroment. not hard work, great for someone who retired but hates sitting at home. nothing better.
Armed Security Officer
Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee), Birmingham,ALJuly 22, 2014
Armed security shift supervisor for G4s at Princeton Baptist Medical Center in Birmingham, Alabama where I secured visitors and doctors and nurses and other employees in a safe environment.
NOT ENOUGH HOURS AND LOUSY PAY
Security Officer (Current Employee), Ashland, KYJuly 20, 2014
I've been here for a bit and I've worked maybe 8 days within a month. Making about $105 a week. A person can not live on that in this economy.
day at this job
security officer (Current Employee), Wentzville, MOJuly 19, 2014
Cons: favoritism, drama among co-workers, and boring
I get to work re-leave the person that is at my post. I have door times to watch employees go in and out for lunch/break. I check bags of employees that come in and out to make sure they are not taking parts or any other objects out of the plant without proper paperwork. We respond to medicals/fires where employees need our help.
Productive workplace with the ability for overtime
Armed security guard dock master (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 15, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: bad attitudes
My typical day at work is working as the dock master, This position is generally second in command of the site manager. I provide access to contractors and vendors throughout the building. Checking id's, and providing card access to everyone who comes through the dock for delivers or to work on the buildings
good beginning job
Security Guard/Supervisor (Current Employee), Reynoldsburg, OHJuly 11, 2014
Good place to work when starting in the security field, helps individuals become acustomed to dealing with all types of business's and nationality.
bad Company to work in Phoenix az
Security (Former Employee), Phoenix AzJuly 9, 2014
Pros: no lunch no breaks stand in the hot sun all day
Cons: no insurance ans
they will let their employee go if their clients does like your skin pure racism I have lawyer now for them from Terminating me because of my skinned color DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS COMPANY IN PHOENIX THEY WILL FIRE YOU JUST BECASUE OR THEIR CLENTS IF YOU WANT A JOB DO NOT APPLY THEIR. THEY WILL NOT TREAT THIER EMPLOYERS RIGHT
I personally loved working for G4S.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Tuscola, ILJuly 8, 2014
Pros: hours, every other weekend off, quiet.
Cons: sometimes dealing with truckers at 0300 is unpleasant.
As a night worker, I stayed at a chemical plant for 12 hours of the day.
I would go around making 'rounds.' There were certain places I had to go through to deter anyone from trying to break in or cause a ruckus in the area.
I would keep track of all traffic in and out of the gates.
My boss, Holly, was fantastic to work with. She always had the schedule – more... out promptly, and would help other security officers (who placed in a request early enough) switch schedules around to compensate them. She was always smiling and a great pleasure to work with.
My co-workers were all very professional, and all had great attitudes. Sometimes it can take me a while to pick up something(I learn through practice, practice, practice!) and they would always help me until I understood common procedures. They were a joy to work with.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with loneliness at night, as I worked by myself.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. I loved working with my co-workers, and meeting plant workers as well. – less
NOT FRIENDLY OR FUN AT ALL
Gm Lobby Security Receptionist (Current Employee), Warren, MIJuly 7, 2014
When i applied for the security position I was warned about the rules and how the job has mandatory hold overs. At that time I had a 2 year old little girl and any job would have to do for then. Starting off the job duties was easy and worth the pay rate. After years of working security I've notice changes in management and co workers. I felt like I – more... was in high school again. I would not recommend this job to anyone over 21 years old. You can not live off of the pay rate and this job has no benefits. – less
Productive place to work.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 6, 2014
The company is a global entity that has made a positive impact all over the world. The associates take pride in their roles. They strive for excellence.
hardworking, honest
Security Guard (Former Employee), Lima, LIM PeruJuly 6, 2014
meet the work uneventful and feel that the people who gives the service are satisfied with your service
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME
CPO CUSTOM PROTECTION OFFICE (Former Employee), MEMPHIS, TNJuly 3, 2014
I HAVE HAD THE WORST EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY. I WORKED FOR G4S FOR 2 WEEKS!!! I WENT IN ASKING FOR PART-TIME WORK ONLY BUT WAS FORCED TO WORK FULLTIME!!! I QUIT!! THEY DO NOT CARE ANYTHING ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES!!
Great place to begin a career within the criminal justice department
Securtiy Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: fast training, great certifications
Cons: everyone has to start off at entry level with a degree
Perfect job for recent graduates from college like myself to begin a great start which will help you further your career search while you apply all of your training that this company has to offer.
Poor investigation
Security officer (Former Employee), Orlando, FlJuly 1, 2014
If hired i went is sent to the training the first day it this company find one error in you application you are terminate. G4S please investigate the people you want to hired before send to the training no waist the time of the people. That's the bad things for this company is not federal Govermant job G4S.

1 2 3 4 5

About G4S

G4S Secure Solutions (G4S) counters the perils of modern life by providing a full slate of security services to corporate, industrial, – Read more