G4S Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,357 reviews matching the search
Relaxed atmosphere with a lot of interaction
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 26, 2016
The only time there is anything to do is when people walk through the metal detector or when a visitor comes into the building. I work overnight so I don't see many visitors and employees only go through the metal detector on their break or when they leave for the shift. I work alone so the majority of the time is spent sitting there and keeping myself occupied. I occasionally am able to talk to the employees, who are very diverse and always good to conversate with. I don't usually have any issues, and if I ever do, the managers are easily contactable and are helpful.
Pros
Easy, Get to meet new people
Cons
Boring, Not well organized, Being alone
Good job, but didn't pay well.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MIMay 26, 2016
A typical day consisted of walking the building, making sure there was no fights, and the building was secured. Then you would drug test or search certain clients, depending on orders. I learned to think outside the box at this job. Working with criminals you have to understand that they can hide things in places, and run stores in the most bizarre of ways. Management was always very understanding about problems the clients, and employees were having. My co-workers at G4S ranged from great guys to lazy. it all depended on who you were working with on the site at that time. The hardest part of the job was when you got to find out something was stolen or a store was being run. However this was also the most rewarding, it meant management had enough faith in you that you would be able to find the store, or the stolen property.
Pros
great work environmetn, exciting at times, gave you the sense you were helping someones future.
Cons
pay, no room to advance.
Great for hours
Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75207May 25, 2016
G4S is overall a solid company. It is not difficult to apply, the training material lasts a week and is not difficult, and the pay is competative for the base level jobs.
They do have lots of programs to help you advance, but they do not have that many jobs available once you become certified. (they will let you get security level 3 and 4 trained but you may spend up to a year and a half waiting for a job position to open up).
They are also wonderful about giving you hours. On any given week it is not difficult to net 60+ hours, The only downside to this is the hours may not be convenient. There are a number of days where I have been 12 hours on 8 hours off, 12 hours on only to find out your relief isn't coming. Again, great for the overtime, not so good for getting quality sleep.
Security Officer
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Wells FargoMay 25, 2016
As a security officer we are responsible for knowing the entire building. Help Wells Fargo Employees when they forgot badges at home, we then assign temporary badges. We help vendors and contractors when they come into the facility, they also get temporary badges. We monitor cameras and alarms and conducts tours around the facility to make sure everything is secure and write a daily report. A bad thing is if the next shift officer calls in the office,the officer that's on duty must stay until somebody come in.
Pros
Paid breakls
Cons
Can't leave the facility
Unpredictable Employment
Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 25, 2016
I've been employed with the company for 5+ years. The company has the potential to be great. However, it seems to be every person for themselves. You can be employed and in good standings one day and terminated the next day without a complete full investigation from Human Resources.
Pros
Good Vacation and Sick Time for Supervisors
Cons
Poor Management
Good company
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYMay 25, 2016
First company in a while that offers good benefits and works with employees to balance life inside and outside of work. I'm satisfied with the pay I receive and the medical benefits are pretty good.
Pros
Paid lunches, decent pay, excellent treatment of military veterans
Cons
Uniforms uncomfortable.
great first job
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNMay 25, 2016
they are a great employee for a high school student and they taught me responsibility on the job site and proper sales Technics.
Pros
good benefits
was working in good place
Oficial de seguridad (Former Employee) –  Santo DomingoMay 25, 2016
work in a team with good faith and friendship no trick no lie working in good company of people serious i able for working overtime and more
Pros
free trasnport
Cons
good healthcare
Not a career but great for those who are starting out
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 24, 2016
G4S is a good place to work for those who need employment fast. There is never a shortage of hours. Sometimes it seems that it is everyman for himself.
Pros
Plenty of hours to work
Cons
Not to big on teamwork
Dont do it reconsider......
Corporate Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 23, 2016
This is a horrible company. Stay clear you will regret applying your first day. A bunch of uneducated managers sleeping around.
Pros
Cons
The entire company is a CON
easy work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAMay 23, 2016
Easy place to work, but required standing in long period of time. Meet a lot of new people and you will making friend with them when you spend sometime working overthere.
its a job
Custom Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  COMay 23, 2016
look if looking for a job it be hard to get in to this one because of the testing that they do and the test is not base off miltary just civils
Pros
its ok if you like working nights
Cons
managers dont help
A good well managed security company to work for.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 22, 2016
A very good company to work for with benefits, and 401k plan. also has very good productive work sites and good people to work with.
Flexible workplace
Upscale Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 21, 2016
A typical day at G4S can be fun and busy as well. Working for this company can be beneficial and Flexible to students. I've learned to build relationship with staff and client to help keep the area safe and secure
Pros
Flexible
Cons
the average job where you are over worked and underpaid
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch MSMay 21, 2016
the management had no award and promotion plan for the employees, the supervisor leadership didn't communicate the issues of the employees to the upper management and the benefits only benefited the upper management.
Protection of Proprietary Information
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodlawn, MD and Reisterstown, MDMay 21, 2016
Protection of Client Proprietary Information and monitor electronically both interior and exterior alarms to ensure top security performance in the protection of client data as well as client employees.
Pros
Friendly working and social relations with the client staff
Cons
No upward mobility
Nice start up job for someone getting into law enforcement
Armed Custom Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHMay 20, 2016
My job duties always varied from site to site being a flex officer. Always different people and site to work at made my days go by faster because it was never routine
Overall work environment was positive
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 20, 2016
Management of both G4S and client company were both very positive and supportive. Salary range and benefits for officers was not conducive to producing quality employees.
Was a great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 19, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my job at G4S -- loved helping the guards or prospective employees with their questions/requests. All aspects of my job were great. People-oriented position. Unfortunately, due to a corporate decision, my position was eliminated on May 16, 2016.
great enviroment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lenoir, NCMay 18, 2016
if you're prior military, corrections or law enforcement you will love it here, so much room to grow and develop your skill set.