G4S

G4S Employer Reviews

NOT ENOUGH HOURS AND LOUSY PAY
Security Officer (Current Employee), Ashland, KYJuly 20, 2014
I've been here for a bit and I've worked maybe 8 days within a month. Making about $105 a week. A person can not live on that in this economy.
day at this job
security officer (Current Employee), Wentzville, MOJuly 19, 2014
Cons: favoritism, drama among co-workers, and boring
I get to work re-leave the person that is at my post. I have door times to watch employees go in and out for lunch/break. I check bags of employees that come in and out to make sure they are not taking parts or any other objects out of the plant without proper paperwork. We respond to medicals/fires where employees need our help.
Productive workplace with the ability for overtime
Armed security guard dock master (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 15, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: bad attitudes
My typical day at work is working as the dock master, This position is generally second in command of the site manager. I provide access to contractors and vendors throughout the building. Checking id's, and providing card access to everyone who comes through the dock for delivers or to work on the buildings
good beginning job
Security Guard/Supervisor (Current Employee), Reynoldsburg, OHJuly 11, 2014
Good place to work when starting in the security field, helps individuals become acustomed to dealing with all types of business's and nationality.
bad Company to work in Phoenix az
Security (Former Employee), Phoenix AzJuly 9, 2014
Pros: no lunch no breaks stand in the hot sun all day
Cons: no insurance ans
they will let their employee go if their clients does like your skin pure racism I have lawyer now for them from Terminating me because of my skinned color DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS COMPANY IN PHOENIX THEY WILL FIRE YOU JUST BECASUE OR THEIR CLENTS IF YOU WANT A JOB DO NOT APPLY THEIR. THEY WILL NOT TREAT THIER EMPLOYERS RIGHT
I personally loved working for G4S.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Tuscola, ILJuly 8, 2014
Pros: hours, every other weekend off, quiet.
Cons: sometimes dealing with truckers at 0300 is unpleasant.
As a night worker, I stayed at a chemical plant for 12 hours of the day.
I would go around making 'rounds.' There were certain places I had to go through to deter anyone from trying to break in or cause a ruckus in the area.
I would keep track of all traffic in and out of the gates.
My boss, Holly, was fantastic to work with. She always had the schedule – more... out promptly, and would help other security officers (who placed in a request early enough) switch schedules around to compensate them. She was always smiling and a great pleasure to work with.
My co-workers were all very professional, and all had great attitudes. Sometimes it can take me a while to pick up something(I learn through practice, practice, practice!) and they would always help me until I understood common procedures. They were a joy to work with.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with loneliness at night, as I worked by myself.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. I loved working with my co-workers, and meeting plant workers as well. – less
NOT FRIENDLY OR FUN AT ALL
Gm Lobby Security Receptionist (Current Employee), Warren, MIJuly 7, 2014
When i applied for the security position I was warned about the rules and how the job has mandatory hold overs. At that time I had a 2 year old little girl and any job would have to do for then. Starting off the job duties was easy and worth the pay rate. After years of working security I've notice changes in management and co workers. I felt like I – more... was in high school again. I would not recommend this job to anyone over 21 years old. You can not live off of the pay rate and this job has no benefits. – less
Productive place to work.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 6, 2014
The company is a global entity that has made a positive impact all over the world. The associates take pride in their roles. They strive for excellence.
hardworking, honest
Security Guard (Former Employee), Lima, LIM PeruJuly 6, 2014
meet the work uneventful and feel that the people who gives the service are satisfied with your service
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME
CPO CUSTOM PROTECTION OFFICE (Former Employee), MEMPHIS, TNJuly 3, 2014
I HAVE HAD THE WORST EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY. I WORKED FOR G4S FOR 2 WEEKS!!! I WENT IN ASKING FOR PART-TIME WORK ONLY BUT WAS FORCED TO WORK FULLTIME!!! I QUIT!! THEY DO NOT CARE ANYTHING ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES!!
Great place to begin a career within the criminal justice department
Securtiy Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: fast training, great certifications
Cons: everyone has to start off at entry level with a degree
Perfect job for recent graduates from college like myself to begin a great start which will help you further your career search while you apply all of your training that this company has to offer.
Poor investigation
Security officer (Former Employee), Orlando, FlJuly 1, 2014
If hired i went is sent to the training the first day it this company find one error in you application you are terminate. G4S please investigate the people you want to hired before send to the training no waist the time of the people. That's the bad things for this company is not federal Govermant job G4S.
BUSY
YOUTH CARE WORKER 1 (Current Employee), TAMPA,FLJune 29, 2014
Pros: guiding the kids
Cons: no team work, no guidence
Youth roll call Sight, Sound, Supervision Escorts and Lock-downs Scheduling System for call-outs Thoroughly inspected visually and through voluntary searches, youths and their belongings prior to entering the facility. Secured all areas with limited or no access including the rest rooms, and the dining area. Assessed and resolved rational situations – more... as part of a 6 officer team. Interacted effectively with individuals from various diverse backgrounds – less
G4S
Security Officer/Guard (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 25, 2014
Pros: i do my job and always get paid
Cons: if you want to put in for a job with the same company but in another state, no one can help get information for you.
I learned a new repect for the Security Officer/Guard career
I work with some great folks and even though some overly qualified they didn't get hung up on it.
I was always encouraged to apply for pomotions and upgraded poitions.
security officer (Current Employee), UAE AJ marnJune 22, 2014
Looking forward for an organization that offers a challenging, stimulating, learning environment to work in and provide scope for individual & organization development, which offers attractive prospects for long term development and career growth.
hi turnover rate
Security Guard (Current Employee), Lauderdale Lakes, FLJune 21, 2014
Fast paced work environment always on the go. I have learned how to be more patient with kids and get to know them a little better. management is very disrespectful and has no compassion for employees. the hardest part of the job is breaking up fights and making sure that one does not get injured in the process.the most enjoyable part is talking to – more... the youths and giving advice that might hopefully impact their lives after detention. – less
Avoid At All Costs
Security Officer (Current Employee), Belvidere, ILJune 18, 2014
Cons: everything
G4S is one of the most worst security companies to work for. Don't care about the employees or their families. No Benefits! Forced over time due to poor management skills.
broken promises, no integrity, belittle you and pay is lousy
Thaddeus Stevens College guard (Former Employee), Lancaster, PaJune 18, 2014
Cons: everything
Worked here since April 21, 2014. I was promised 40 hrs but when arrived at the college was only 32 hrs. I was told they have plenty of work and would make sure I got 40 hrs. Never happened. I carried a firearm for 26 years hold many certifications (more than the whole management team and employees put together) but was told I couldn't carry here because – more... I didn't meet the qualifications. What a joke. I am leaving today to work for a better security company with better pay and benefits where I can carry a firearm. I suggest do not waste your time working here unless you like dead end jobs with no integrity.. – less
military type of job
BPO Bank Protection officer (Former Employee), Baltimore MDJune 18, 2014
Pros: good uniforms for the job.
Cons: they don't show any care about there employees well being
great uniforms, guns need to be updated, and management need replacement. If management can't lead by example did who do we learn from. If we as security officers uniforms are clean , then our managers uniforms need to be clean too. If we as security officers are trained and fit for the job, then our managers need to be as well. Lead by example.
good job
Security Guard (Current Employee), Columbus, MSJune 16, 2014
nice job to work if your young and just starting out. The pay could be a lot better.

1 2 3 4 5

About G4S

G4S Secure Solutions (G4S) counters the perils of modern life by providing a full slate of security services to corporate, industrial, – Read more