G4S
1,190 reviews

G4S Employer Reviews

Poorly ran management
Security Officer (Current Employee), St. AlbansMarch 29, 2015
Management sets an atmosphere of ignorance and disbelief. Night shift workers never see office personnel unless it benefits them.
GOOD JOB
MR. HOLLOWAY (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 28, 2015
IT WAS A GOOD JOB ADAPTABLE TO MY HOURS THE ONLY PROBLEM THAT THEY HAD IS THEIR MANAGEMENT DOES NOT COMMUNICATE EACH OTHER BETWEEN THEM, BUT JOB WISE PRETTY GOOD
Productive workday
Security Officer, Supervisor (Current Employee), Westchester, ILMarch 28, 2015
I learned how to multi task and to deal with different personalities on a professional level.
My co-workers, in general were easy to work with to maintain a professional atmosphere.
A typical day at the job was to come in, handle different alarm codes, work with the client professionally. I would observe and report any wrong doings while I verified different store loads on trucks.
The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the multi-tasking and working with other people.
Remain focused
Security Guard (Current Employee), Cranford, NJMarch 27, 2015
• Used basic computer skills
• Patrol
• Monitor entry and exit
Provided clearance for people with the appropriate identification
Lack of communication
Security Guard (Former Employee), Shoals, INMarch 22, 2015
Company offered benefits are okay.
Company communication within organization is to be desired.
No real prospects for advancement within.
On site job training (in certain locations) is something to be desired.
Productive and commendable
Custom Protect Sec Officer - Armed Spec PO (Current Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 21, 2015
Protection of Commercial, Industrial, Financial institutions.
Identify, report, negate and when necessary arrest criminal suspects of of criminal activity
It's a job.....
Uniformed Security Officer (Current Employee), TuscaloosaMarch 20, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: micro-managed, narsictic old farts, chaos at times, favortism to certain employees
Took this job because I had previous experience at this hospital and I needed a job while going back to school at Alabama. It has become micro-managed since new software and systems have been implemented. You have to deal with a bunch of old geezers that take their job TOO seriously, I mean come on, you are not working for Black Water. Uniformed Security Offices can not have any type of weapon, we are not supposed to help any patients with physical contact without the consent of a nurse, whom are often to busy. There is NO room for advancement unless you have former military experience and the pay sucks at $9.20. The night shift can get crazy since this is a college town, there are about 3-4 shooting victims a week and the whole family usually shows up causing the triage area to get hectic. The benefits are really good and is the only reason I have stayed. As soon as I can find a better job I am out of there!
Terrible company
Security first respondet (Former Employee), Belevidere ILMarch 18, 2015
Cons: jokes about females on a daily basis
100% terrible had to go to the bathroom in cups because they would never give you a break ... 7 day work weeks 12 hr shifts and people would call off 5 mins before the start of there shift
dont get the insurance
Lead Security/Safety Officer (Current Employee), Zeeland, MIMarch 18, 2015
Pros: you get a paycheck...most of the time.
I love the assignment, I love everything about it. g4s however leaves everything to be desired. I was promised 90 day bonus and never saw it. My doctor said the insurance is the worst she has ever seen, please don't waste your money. I felt like I was cloak and daggered into this job and suddenly I am left standing here having no idea how to do my job (ZERO training before dumping me on the client) You need to check your pay EVERY hour and know that you are probably not getting it all. Figure taxes out because I think that's where I got the most "accidental errors". FAMILY INSUARNCE IS OVER 530.00 A MONTH. Management isn't worth a darn, if you have questions about pay or anything to with the job, you are better off googling it. I know times are hard and a job is a job, but don't expect anything. You are a number. don't get the insurance is my last repeated advice.
Good for first time job.Not for careers
Receptionist (Current Employee), Fremont, CAMarch 14, 2015
Management and environment could be a lot better. They do not compensate employees well. They are very unorganized and you will find yourself being under unnecessary stress. They need to update protocol.
Prodcutive place to be serious
Security Officer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 14, 2015
A typical day at work can be stressful because you have people willing to cooperate and others don't. Im still learning and don't expect to stop learning. Management is okay just wish more money per hour was offered.
Fair
Security Officer (Current Employee), CambridgeMarch 13, 2015
A typical day at work: Tours, desk work
The management is fair
Co-workers make the experience working with G4s enjoyable
Fun
Security Officer (Former Employee), Lexington, KYMarch 9, 2015
Making sure people were safe and the company was safe.
The co-workers had eachothers back we were there for one another.
unequal treatment of employees
Traditional Security Officer (Former Employee), Tucson,AZ.March 9, 2015
Pros: training for state required license in house and hours for class are paid.
Cons: last minute assignments and if you are not liked, unequal handling of punishment.
This company does not have a consistent treatment of it's employees. Rules and company policies are not levied equally.
Good Place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: boss` would let you work without bothering you too much.
Cons: rotating staff
If I wasnt terminated I would still be there. Good Pay, Laid back attitude and easy to wake up and go to work without worry.
Decent workplace
Critical Facility Officer (Former Employee), New JerseyMarch 3, 2015
Long-sitting/standing hours. Friendly people, not the job for active individuals. For those looking for more of a part-time job or ways to make additional income, this is a job for you.
good place to work if you like security work
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Warren, MIMarch 3, 2015
Pros: excellent training basic good compensation
Cons: have some unusual way of doing particular aspects of job
g4s is a good security company to work for overall somethings like people management should be changed people who want to do there best or concerned are not always addressed properly they treat people good most of the time but some managers are hard press to treat people they don,t like badly but if you do your job properly you are rewarded. a day at this site was enjoyable you had all the tools you needed to do your job properly training was excellent the are visiually concerned about there workers at this company
like the independance of working alone
custom protection officer (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 2, 2015
Pros: decent pay and benefits
Cons: contracts change frequentk\ly, which causes you to have to change job sites often.
the company itself has good perks, but my immediate supervisor was not very good at communicating information needed be sufficient at times
Excellent employee management and environment
SITE CAPTAIN (Current Employee), Newark, DEMarch 2, 2015
Flexible, interesting workdays
Broad field with many learning opportunities
Good job for furthering career opportunities/promotions
Like the hours but the job is boring.
Security Guard (Current Employee), Stillwater East Boulder Mine 30 mi so Big Timber.February 28, 2015
Pros: free ride to work on buses (40 miles one way)
Cons: boredom with a low activity job.
I like the hours I work, i.e., 3 12 hour shifts per week. The job is sometimes very boring. Co-workers are great manegement not so much. I liked the small business atmosphere of Guardian compare to the large corporation of G4S.

1 2 3 4 5

About G4S

G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The – Read more

G4S Salaries