G4S Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,415 reviews matching the search
Role Responsibilty
Custom Protection Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 26, 2016
I am employed for G4S Secure Solutions we are hired as a contracted third party. My post is at Directv / AT&T corporate headquarters. I am a Custom protection Supervisor who monitors access control alarm systems,I acknowledge alarms and dispatch personnel as needed.I must dispatch Security Officers to service calls and emergency situations while monitoring all Directv locations. I also provide investigative assistance to corporate security, handle assigned case work accordingly and confidentially. I enjoy working with such a dynamic team.
Pros
Providing investigative assistance
Cons
In need of qualifying candidates
Sit an monitor cameras
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 25, 2016
The company is fairly reasonable but doesn't have good promotion ladder. My typical days is to sit an watch cameras an perform property checks every few hours.
Pros
Experiance new things quit often
Cons
short break, no flexible
3rd inning experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJune 25, 2016
Doing task like: securing premises and personnel by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment, inspecting buildings, equipment and permitting entry. Completing reports by recording observations, occurrences, and surveillance activities.
Maintaining environment by monitoring. A great opportunity to endure and develop in the basics skills of a security guard.
Some positive and none positive reviews.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 24, 2016
I have worked for your company before. I feel that we are hired to do the best job that we have been trained for. Our attitude and behaviors tell a lots about us as employees.
Not a steady career
Custom Protection Officer, CPO Administrative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2016
As a CPO you are contracted to sites, if G4S looses the contract or the company decides not to renew the contract you are out of work, that simple.
Work place with a Gym n great emplyees.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Guam Regional Medical City, Guam USAJune 24, 2016
Working for G4S has been great. We have a great team on Graveyard Shift. But manager changes and things got a little different. Lots of favoritism in G4S
Pros
Full hours
Cons
Short breaks and no ove
Great Job Bad Management and Growth Potential
Traditional Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 24, 2016
Loved what I did and even was hoping to get moved up in the company, Everyone I had worked with had been with the company since G4S had won the bid for GM and were grandfathered into the union. I came in and was laid off prior to my 90 days and getting into the Security Union at a GM site. No reason was given. Had to transfer to a non union/GM site and none were available at the time unless I wanted to drive over an hour. I had applied for unemployment and was awarded it and after almost 2 years they contested my unemployment. And currently working through that battle with Unemployment and fighting it. Again it was a great job and I enjoyed what I did, was sad to see how the system works in this company at this given location/site.
Pros
Work Environment, co-workers, pay
Its decent
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 24, 2016
Pretty easy job. Very boring at times. Manegment communication to employees could be better. People are pleasant to work with. Can be stressful at times. Decent temporary job.
Pros
Its not hard work.
Cons
Little to no room for advancement
great
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92108June 22, 2016
I liked working for this company because of the set hours and the opportunity for overtime. The people you work with are dependable.
Many new atmospheres
CPO Officer/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAJune 22, 2016
Working with this company has helped me meet new people, many hours, many opportunities, and many ways to react to situations.
Poor Management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAJune 22, 2016
The company is as crooked as they come- from your job site all the way up to Headquarters in Jupiter, FL. Lack of respect, egotistical site managers, and a hostile work environment. Numerous accounts of sexism, racism, and unfair treatment in general. I would NOT recommend this company to any aspiring officers.
Pros
Cons
Little to no breaks, poor management, hostile work environment, Lack of EEO
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2016
In the main office they are good to me. They treat me like a person and not a number. I love working for this company! I had the best supervisor any one could ask for!! I moved to be close to my daughter who having a baby otherwise I would have stayed with the company.
Pros
Repect from supervior and coworkers
Cons
Coubld be better pay
Dock Operator
Dock Operator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 21, 2016
Security officer - patrolling, monitoring cctv cameras, signing vehicles in and out of dock. Patrol inside and outside of corporations
Monitor CCTV cameras
Track daily activities
Microsoft Office Suites
Input vehicles & clients into database daily
Customer Service
CPR, AED & First Aid Certified
Answer phones & greet guest
45 WPM
Dont Waste Your Time
Site Security Superviosr/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCJune 21, 2016
W here to begin with the company. First and foremost they only care about quantity not quality. By this I mean they don't care who they hire or where they come from, they only care about a body on a post. Secondly don't complain because it will fall on deaf ears. Unless you have your hand in the pocket of management, you will get nowhere fast. The management only cares about those who will stroke their ego. There are no benefits regardless of what they claim.
You will leave with exciting stories to tell.
Upscale Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 20, 2016
Security work is fun. It can be relaxing and easy as long as you do your job. However, the pay is just above average for an entry level job, enough to support yourself in a spartan-esque lifestyle, with no chance for a raise, unless you get promoted. G4S is a good company to work for as a stepping stone to greater things, but the culture of this company seems to be one of distrust of everyone, and their catch phrase should be "cover your own butt". I can handle stress pretty well, but I found myself losing sleep over the most meaningless mistakes, wondering if today was the day I lost my job. It was the easiest job I've ever worked, but by far the most stressful. They uphold a high level of professionalism and require a their employees to maintain it, like any good company does, but they do not seem to care about their employee's well being.
Pros
Easy, paid decently, meet great people, can be exciting on the job.
Cons
Everyone is out for themselves, Corporate doesn't take care of their own, no raises.
Opportunities for advancement.
Upscale Security Officer/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2016
Overall rating ****

Job Work/Life Balance ****

Compensation/Benefits ****

Job Security/Advancement ****

Management ***

Job Culture ***
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
No breaks not even a lunch break, working 12 hour shifts.
Grateful employee
Custom Protection Security Officer (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, AR 72114June 19, 2016
Very grateful for all my years of employment with G4S. I have worked with some amazing people through my 6 years.
work at the federal goverment
Deputy Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 19, 2016
work at this federal facility was fun, customer have a good professional team and able to work as a team to meet a vary diversified business.
Able to save several millions of dollars on energy conservation, got numerous accolades, gold coins and letters from the BOSS.
Pros
a big place to work, several and variated business
Just wondering...
none (Former Employee) –  here and thereJune 18, 2016
I wonder how much business this company is going to lose since they hired The Orlando, nightclub gunman? Clients and future Clients are all going to wonder just how good/bad a background check G4S does on their guards.
Pros
must not check your background very well.
Cons
The Orlando, Fla., nightclub gunman
Long workhours
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLJune 17, 2016
High employee turn-over. Supervisors are very demanding and treat their employees and the children unfairly