G4S Employee Reviews

Found 3,056 reviews matching the search
Great hours but not enough pay
Upscale Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 27, 2017
Hours and scheduling are great but aith what im required to do on a daily basis i dont think it pays enough. I do way too much for what they are paying me.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough pay
Took heart to the experience
Security Officer-Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55402March 26, 2017
I have lost faith in the company for the most part. The San Diego company I feel are a bunch of mis trusting liers. I was told that if I followed all they wanted me to accomplish to make my transfer back from Minnesota, that all would be good. I have been back for over a week and all they have done is give me the run around. Still no job from a company that makes the claim they care about their employees.
Cons
Not keeping to their core values
I dont have time to review.
Gate Guard (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 25, 2017
I don't have time to review.This is a good job for students and anyone who has down time. There isn't many positions open. I dont have anything else to say.
G4s
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2017
very social
you meet so many different people
you stand majority of the time
depending on the area you cant leave until your shift is over
overall good job
Easy to move up if you work hard
Security Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boardman, ORMarch 24, 2017
While G4S has been slammed for its poor management structure and unpredictability in hours, I found these things to not be completely true. Not only that but with hard work and willingness to take on new roles, it is possible to move up rather quickly with the company. I enjoyed my time working for G4S!
Pros
Easy to move up with hard work
Cons
Healthcare, compensation
Great placement opportunities
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 23, 2017
There's plenty of room for placement, always positions becoming available. Some sites have poor management though. The pay makes it easier to deal with all of the insubordination.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management
Great coworkers
Protective Services Officer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 22, 2017
Worked for a great client, the role was rewarding and allowed for development of knowledge and skills. This was a great experience and had a very positive experience, unfortunately cultural changes occurred.
Pros
Free coffee and beverages, worked with some amazing people
Cons
Management disorganized and lacked focus.
security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 21, 2017
Was responsible for everyone badging in and issuing badges to visitors. Keep and eye on the pay center. Do patrol within the facility and have good customer service to everyone.
Pros
learned new programs
Cons
12 hr shifts
Decent Security company
ARMED/UNARMED SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee) –  Ashland Chemical, Calvert City, KYMarch 21, 2017
Monitoring large corporate offices, loss prevention in warehouses and factory areas, inspecting and adjust security systems, equipment, or machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering. To train new employees and show an excellent example, using the best practice with all policies & procedures.
Pros
Good training
Cons
No room for advancement
Way below Standards
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 21, 2017
This is a horrible place to work, employees are way under paid for the amount of responsibility that is placed upon you. I would only recommend this as a last resort.
Local management team was fun and interesting to work with
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INMarch 21, 2017
Ensuring all fire and security systems were up to code and in working order
Meeting with supervisors
Reviewing SOPs
Meetings with plant management staff
Authorizing security access request and creating badges and laptop passes
Performing audits (fire, SOX, Security, etc. )
Managing payroll for employees and manager summaries, budget
Ensuring plant addresses any deficiencies regarding fire and security compliance
cool place to work
CPO Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 20, 2017
very respectful of my background. I really liked that about them. because of my background I wasn't started as entry level with them. they made me a CPO, top of the list, but other companies have started me out on the bottom.
Pay isn't great, but the team is good to work with.
Lead Security Officer (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 20, 2017
G4S is a good company to work for if you are interested in starting out in the security industry. The pay isn't too bad, and you get to work with some good guys there. It's definitely a step in the right direction if you want to eventually become a police officer, or do some other sort of public service.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Pay could be better.
Good job to work at for beginners
Custom Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 20, 2017
Good job for beginners to work at. If you are the type of individual that does not mind working at multiple posts and sites then look no further than this company. You would be well suited to apply from within the company to try and move up, however, the only way that you will likely be moved up at the company is if someone knows you or you're willing to relocate. If you have a family it may appear to be tough for you to relocate for advancement.
Pros
laid back people that know what theyr'e doing.
Cons
No advancement if you don't know someone or if you don't relocate to another city or state.
Some posts were easy
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 19, 2017
Management were jerks... Jobs were easy... Pay sucked.. Insurance sucked,.. Hours sometimes where like 16 hour shifts... which sucked... Some places were outside and had zero air conditioning....
Pros
Easy posts
Cons
jerks at Management
what i learned
Control Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMarch 19, 2017
What i learned is Manage daily operations such as trouble ticketing monitor alarms through Lenel system,phone tool and dealing with Amazon Web Service
Run away from this place
Control Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Tobaccoville, NCMarch 19, 2017
Supervisors are lying, backstabbing, incompetent, (did I mention lying?) pieces of human debris. If you like working 60 plus hours a week and have the company using some sort of insane algorithm that guarantees you will not get any of that overtime. oh and forbid if you need a day off, it must be put in writing and approved at least 30 days in advance, and it will be denied if it causes overtime.
Pros
Cons
The entire job.
Great work atmosphere, great co workers
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 19, 2017
I would secure the premises by constantly watching security cameras, conducting patrols around the facility. Learned a lot about security, CPR, policies and procedures of a Security Guard. The management were very approachable, easy to talk to, constantly asking for feedback. For the most part, very calm, day to day activities. There were a few minor emergencies where police or EMTs were called out to the facility when it was a bit more serious. The hardest part were the work hours. At the time I had 2 shifts that ran from 10pm to 6am, other than that it was good. The best part was my coworkers, very helpful and encourging with new coworkers.
Pros
Free snacks, constant walking allowed at the facility
Cons
No certainty of getting lunch breaks, and odd hours
Advancement
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 19, 2017
They are very sexist. If you are a female you will not advance in this company. You will be required to work under all men plus they all have military background.
Great co workers
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee) –  GreeceMarch 19, 2017
I am working for G4s in Greece almost 9 years now and I never had any problem with the manager of the branch although in Greece employees have minimum to no advance in their career in the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.