G4S Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,292 reviews matching the search
Okay , not the best
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2016
I can not say it is one of the best companies to work for when I know there are many great ones . What I will say is I would not recommend .
Good people
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 3, 2016
The personnel at G4S are a great group of people. The supervisors care. I meet new people, I learn new procedures for responses. Hardest part is driving for 8 straight hours but I enjoy being outside driving.
Pros
People
Cons
30 minute break
Provided good working accounts
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, AR 72114May 2, 2016
I enjoyed my time with this company. The site I was assigned to was friendly and the employees were very respectful and cooperative.
Security (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 2, 2016
The company itself is good to work for, however the pay isn't in line with the work. They expect a lot from their employees, but only pay them slightly more than minimum wage. The janitors on the site were paid more an hour that the supervisors of security.

I learn and experienced a multitude of different things while working with this company. With the different positions I have worked at the company, I know I have the knowledge and skill set to really prosper in my career. The company set me up with a great foundation to base my law enforcement career off of.
Review Summary
Security Agent and Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRMay 1, 2016
G4S Secure Solutions - is a security company specializing in the provision of security products, services and solutions.
G4s
Armed Nuclear Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNApril 30, 2016
Besides paying well, this is a soul sucking job and will make you question your very existence as a human being. Friends betray friends, people move like zombies through the place and one mistake may cost you your career.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Work environment and hours are great
Facility, Document, Business Solution Manager (Former Employee) –  Harmon, GUApril 28, 2016
Good benefits, staff and management are great

Well balance with family life

Not much pressure as to work performance although as the FM manager high expectation on production is required
Great company
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 27, 2016
G4S has treated me well and has given me the opportunity to grow. The management and my coworkers are great and I enjoy going to work every day.
Productive workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 27, 2016
Pretty good company,I have nothing negative to say.I enjoy working and meeting adventures and outgoing people. The hardest part of the place of work is finding a balance within the hours, either it gives to many hours or not enough hours to make a living.
very productive and high passed job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 26, 2016
loved working here, great management and co-workers were always kind and easy to work with. and posed for great opportunities to work outside of town to widen experience.
Pros
break time
Cons
danger of injury
Great place to work despite the minor flaws
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCApril 26, 2016
A typical work day consist of an 8 hour shift with watching CCTV feeds, roving the premises looking for anything out of the ordinary, ensuring the building was secure with monitoring key card access throughout the building, greeting employees entering and exiting the building, responding to incidents, and reporting any incidents. It would be an enjoyable job for an introvert to have. You would be in your own space for a number of hours. The hardest part was not knowing information as instant as it happened.
Pros
Management was flexible with hours, if you wanted them you got them and vice versa
Cons
You are mainly sitting an observing cameras a significant amount of time
I enjoy working for G4S Secured Solutions, I receive efficient Training and Resources.
Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 25, 2016
Nice environment, courtesy attitudes, polite co-workers and show professionalism and team work at all times.

I learn the important of Access Control, Patrolling and Documentation as Professional Security Officer.

The Management team was sufficient with training and supporting their co-workers.

The hardest part of the job was receiving new/update uniforms.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a good team of employees.
Pros
union
Cons
short breaks
Out dated and out of touch management! High turnover rate, too much favoritism! Will hire just about anyone that has criminal justice degree, poor pay
Plant Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 25, 2016
Out dated management! No pay raises! Will hire anyone that has a criminal justice degree, anyone with police background or military stays well clear of the place! Or should! High turnover rate! Train them one day and they are gone the next week for corrections job! I wouldn't even use this place as stepping stone! Poor supervising on managements part! Supervisors spent too much time covering their managers when they made mistakes! Rules made one day are broken the next! Hated going to work every day! Always advertising for new hires and there's a reason why!
Pros
No pros! Only cons!
Cons
High turnover rate! Poor and out of touch management!
Good temp job. Not a good perm job.
Physical Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 24, 2016
Employer gave me an ultimatum of either going back to college or working there. They do not advance much at all. The company has zero training that you can take that is not required for the job. The company does not value education or the skill set of the staff.
Pros
Not a tough job.
Cons
Overreach by contractors.
the site i work was not a peaceful place to work too much favortizem
Reception Security (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, NJApril 24, 2016
great company but i did not like the way they tread me went it came to my vacation for 4 years i was approved for vacation and not get pay.every time i ask there was excuses. okay company
Security officer
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 23, 2016
● Patrol industrial or commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
● Write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
● Escort or drive motor vehicle to transport individuals to specified locations or to provide personal protection.
● Monitor and adjust controls that regulate building systems, such as air conditioning, furnace, or boiler.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
full benefits
Slow Easy paced work for the most part. Things can really get exciting though!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kearney, NEApril 22, 2016
Working for G4S on my job site was a thrill some days, and slow others. Its good pay for a decent job and the other staff are fantastic to be around.
Productive/Professional work place.
Security Supervisor (Captain) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2016
Work life atmosphere was very good and employees were always treated fairly. Management and office staff were very supportive and usually were attentive to any/all issues that arose.
Very organized with plenty of job opportunities
Special Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 21, 2016
Command structure is easy to get in contact with and results come quickly. Various job sites over the U.S.. Multi culured work force of very friendly people. All of my supervisors have been easy to work with and all promote us doing whatever it takes to gain advancement.
Pros
Very easy to get overtime
Cons
Advancement opportunities are backlogged.
Steady employment oppotunities and Locations
Custom Protection Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 21, 2016
Typical work day varies based work-site and plenty of overtime. Your income may vary based on your availablity to work.
Pros
Steady employment