G4S Employee Reviews

Found 3,697 reviews matching the search
Ok place
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Southport, NCSeptember 20, 2017
It's an ok place to work, Pay is decent, they offer benefits. 1 week vacation. A lot of drama at this site. Supervisor does not know what she is doing and can't make a schedule to save her life.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Supervisor does not know what she is doing. Too much drama.
Great workplace
Dispatcher/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 19, 2017
16 years of work with no room for advancement. Benefits are offered but are very expensive, I would recommend this company. i just wish there was room for advancement
Over night work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 19, 2017
A typical day ranges from 7pm-6am 11 hours shifts. Work is not stressful, its easy work for decent pay. I worked for a senior community. The residence in the building were nice. It was a nice place to work.
Pros
over time and paid hoilidays
Cons
11-12 shifts
Eh
Bank Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MD 21236September 19, 2017
Work place depends on contract, pay depends on contract. No real job security. Payroll sucks. Can't leave job site for lunch. Potentially dealing with crazy people.
Great envirorment to work.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte ncSeptember 19, 2017
Good company to work for, benefits can be better along with hourly pay scale, it would be nice to have sick time/ personal days.management communicates well in my division of the company, health care providers rates we know can be more affordable for employees and family members who are employed by a fortune 500 company.
Pros
Paid breaks, and lunch..great work envirorment
Cons
No sick time or personal days.
Coworkers are friendly
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GASeptember 19, 2017
Fellow G4S guards are friendly and easy to get along with which makes the sites more inviting and the job less stressful. Also, all supervisors I've encountered are understanding.
Work was simple but long hours.
Traditional Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Work was simple but long hours., Everyone was very nice and very helpful. Worked alone, on weekends for 12 hour shifts.
No issues. Lots of being on your feet.
Pros
Worked indepenbently
Cons
traditional unarmed security guard (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 18, 2017
Monitoring incoming and outgoing deliveries, parking lots.
Rounding the parameters to make sure staff and cars are safe.
Checking in of deliveries into the campus.
No advancement, no communication
Upscale Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 18, 2017
No advancement, no communication, no paid time off only get 2weeks vacation after a year. Poor training, no trust in the officers. Standing sitting walking long periods of time.
Cons
Sitting in a hot car all day, lunch in the car have to pump in the car.
Work place enviornment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 18, 2017
a typical day for me screening customers and employees for devices , documenting what took place in my area daily, undergoing
audits from security teams; the work place was very diverse in which I loved. the hardest part of my job was being confined to one place
for 8 hours or more. Working with others was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
30 min lunch break
Cons
couldnt leave the work site even for lunch
very great enviroment and workplace
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2017
very great enviroment and workplace and great people and they have great career opportunities. - Guard warehouse sites
-Observe and report suspicious activity
- Sit and walk around to make sure everything secured
- 10-12 hr shifts was only available for this job
overall good company
Customs Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Mascoutah, ILSeptember 18, 2017
Not a bad company, does need a littile better management of personnel shifts and times. Hourly pay for postions should be higher for certain sites that are worked because of the level of stress and prossenlism needed to perform at certain sites
Cons
Shift were not managed very well
Security Guard
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Doing reports at assigned shifts, patrolling neighborhoods, taking license plate numbers, reviewing camera footage, lockdowns.

Management was okay, except it felt like sometimes, they didn't have a clue on what was going on. But, they were also watching over a lot of different sites, besides just mine and my crews'
need improvement
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Need improvement in some area and more supervising. need more
experience security officer. Need more increase in pay. Need more guideline on difference shifts.
Pros
relaxed job
Cons
more pay
Decent Security Gig
UNARMED SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37217September 17, 2017
If you can handle some job sites being kind of an organizational mess (at least while I was there), it's not a bad security gig. Mostly access control, patrolling, watching cameras, documentation, that kind of stuff. They've got armed or unarmed depending on your skillset and qualifications.
Pros
Decent Job Security, Benefits at some job sites, Pay can be decent, Usually overtime available
Cons
Pay scale seems a bit low for the industry at some sites, Management at some sites was sloppy, Personnel/staffing issues
G4s forces you to choose between work and your personal life
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 17, 2017
G4s is okay to work at because I was attending school when I started working here and needed a night shift so I could go to school in the mornings. However, the part that made working at G4s hard was the fact that they were always short staff and forced employees to stay over which made it hard for me while I was in school.
good job, i was just in a bad branch
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 17, 2017
wasn't paid for 2 and a half months in Louisville KY. The manager also made a lot of promises he didn't honor. The job however was very laid back and the people that worked in the factory i secured were very easy to get along with. Making my job thatmuch more easy.
Productive and fun
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Elmsford, NYSeptember 17, 2017
My typical day consist of monitioring the Ge Capital sites of different parts of the world. I've learned the new security system in the last few months. The experience with management has been a good one. Working with my fellow co workers has been good and the environment also it's been fun. The hardest part of the job is not working a full 40 hr week. The enjoyable part of my job is working with people and helping out in different situations.
Pros
working with people
Cons
healthcare is expensive
Fairly average Security Company to work for
Custom Protection Officer (CPO) (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 16, 2017
Pay is average, but i rarely see any security company pay well

Hours are very flexible

You can sit at one post or move around to many, up to you, but you get sent anywhere they have shortages in manpower.

My site supervisor is awesome, but office isn't always responsive.
Pros
Work to your schedule
Cons
pay
Worst job ever.
Armed Nuclear Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wiscasset, MESeptember 16, 2017
Thus by far was the worst company I have ever worked for. God firbid you make a complaint about upper management. They allow up management to be involved in things such as harassment, lying, theft, writing false reports. When you complain you are the one that is treated poorly. Very unprofessional employer. Just google the company and see what they have been accused of doing around the world.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, don't care about you as an employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.