G4S Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,465 reviews matching the search
Horrible place to work
Site captain (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 27, 2016
There is not room for promotions, no matter how hard you work for them. All the supervisor think that they are in the military they want you to do a lot for so low pay. I have been workimg for this company for over 4 years now and i really want to find somewhere where im value as a human being. I cant call out sick or cant spend a holiday with my family becuase they dont let you request them off. Stay away from this company. And yes they put the most no quilify and unsupported people to be supervisors. Jesus i hate them so much.
Pros
40 hours stable.
Cons
Everything.
It has it days
YCW1 (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJuly 12, 2016
Great place to work involving kids having them to look up to you and floow orders for you to have a smooth day that being said it can be touch sometimes kids will try to get under your skin and you may like a kid but if he starts acting up you have to do your job rather if its prt putting him in isolation this type of job you have to be strict and aware of everything as well as knowing what a youth is capable of theres alot of thing you must and will learn when having a job like the state school
Pros
Helping the kids working with kids
Cons
stress drama
Dont Waste Your Time
Site Security Superviosr/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCJune 21, 2016
W here to begin with the company. First and foremost they only care about quantity not quality. By this I mean they don't care who they hire or where they come from, they only care about a body on a post. Secondly don't complain because it will fall on deaf ears. Unless you have your hand in the pocket of management, you will get nowhere fast. The management only cares about those who will stroke their ego. There are no benefits regardless of what they claim.
Role Responsibilty
Custom Protection Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 26, 2016
I am employed for G4S Secure Solutions we are hired as a contracted third party. My post is at Directv / AT&T corporate headquarters. I am a Custom protection Supervisor who monitors access control alarm systems,I acknowledge alarms and dispatch personnel as needed.I must dispatch Security Officers to service calls and emergency situations while monitoring all Directv locations. I also provide investigative assistance to corporate security, handle assigned case work accordingly and confidentially. I enjoy working with such a dynamic team.
Pros
Providing investigative assistance
Cons
In need of qualifying candidates
Depending on the assignment, it is an excellent place to work.
Custom Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2016
-During the day at the courthouse, one gets to interact with a variety of people. As a supervisor, one is often put in situations where immediate and logical decisions must be made.
-Working with the same people everyday, one learns their individual personalities and how to best manage them.
-I would say the hardest part of the job is disciplining co-workers.
-The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that the safety and security of the courthouse is due to our perseverance during the entry to the courthouse process.
Pros
Overtime is available most of the time.
Cons
Dealing with criminals
A good starter job but maybe not a permanent one
Shredder technician (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 13, 2016
G4S as a whole is a decent company which is definitely far from perfect but isn't a terrible lace to work for. I work at two sites for them and both are nice. Modest pay for modest to slightly strenuous work. It does sometimes feel as though your not appreciated and that for all the work you do you get no credit for it. I have worked with them for 2+ years now and i'm looking for new employment now. I would recommend them for maybe a starter or "filler" job but not for a permanent job.
Pros
a nice amount of breaks, schedule somewhat flexible
Cons
Not enough credit for work, management seems lacking, pay seems low for "high work" days
dirty
Officer (Former Employee) –  OregonJuly 17, 2016
Two years never missed a scheduled day of work. never been late for work. By far the most dirty company i have ever been involved with, they don't use a time clock and steel pay regularly base-pay and over time.Good internet research will show how many times this company has been turned in and sewed and lost. how they continue is a loss to me but they will squash all negative reviews as this one will be removed. They require the rating above but no way to rate correctly because one star minimum must be chosen to continue this is part of how they work. most categories deserve 0 stars as they are so dirty.
Pros
.non
Cons
dirty and corupt
Productive place where juvinile offenders can rehabillitate themselves and learn great life concepts.
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 20, 2016
A typical day at work consist of group therapy, school, rec yard time, daily meetings , and incentives based on how the youth performed throughout the day. I learned a great deal of patience as well as understanding different points of views on life through other youths life journeys.
Pros
Helping the youth, flexible schedule, overtime
Cons
short breaks, on call job
G4S is like all the other security companies
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 16, 2016
One, turnover rate is high. Two, you will not get a pay raise unless you advance. Do not become a site supervisor because longevity is about 9 months. Their training classes are first aid and CPR and very little in a way of security. Basically if you want to get far with this company just say, "I don't know!" Because that is the truth...they really don't what they are doing! They do not back you or stand up for you when laws are broken by the client and will fire you!
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Management has a lack of fortude to back you!
Great place to work for college students and active duty serviceman.
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 14, 2016
Plenty of overtime available. Works well with college students, active duty serviceman, and veterans. Learned many new skills I will take with me. Hardest part is finding a good permanent position to stay assigned to. Most enjoyable part are the company barbecues, and supervisor meetings, they give away free stuff.
Pros
Company BBQ, Raises, Overtime, client perks and benefits.
Cons
Short on staff, too much overtime at times, communication needs improvement.
Poor management whom blames employees for their faults.
3rd Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 18, 2016
Supervisors are Not qualified to do the job they are promoted into. They get promoted into these positions because they kiss butt an stab the other employees in the back;put the blame for things not happening the way they should on other employees to try to make themselves look good.
Pros
its a job.period.
Cons
company always paying you incorrectly;making excuses for the problems with management.
Long hours but reasonable pay
Traditional Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 6, 2016
Typical security work, you keep watch of CCTV, perform periodic patrols, and handle many other miscellaneous issues or small investigations. You learn to coordinate with emergency crews if needed and you need some patience to deal with the occasional difficult individuals. Depending on your post most work may be solitary. Hardest part of the day might be dealing with intoxicated or aggressive individuals. Most enjoyable factor comes from quick problem solving and appreciative clients.
Pros
Comfortable working conditions
Cons
Long night hours
not worth the effort-low class
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2016
a horrible, lying, degrading environment.Office on 44th street turns a blind eye to what is really going on-problems at the highest level-- salary increases and advancement not likely-only for the favorites--AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!----no preventive medicine-only knee jerk reactions--!-when a favor is needed, they know how to be nice and sweet!
Pros
it is a job
Cons
prepare to be degraded by management-no preventive medicine
It's an okay job
Courier (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 21, 2016
Clock in, grab keys and radio in that you are available. Courier job was going to schedule pick places and other various call in pick ups. Various ways to drive from one end of the county to the other,learning to avoid traffic and accidents. Management was okay, some co-workers where helpfull, others not so much. Driving all day or sitting idle was not fun. Enjoyable park is clocking out and the pay.
Pros
Shift hours, pay and 401K fund.
Cons
Micromanaging
Great pay-No life
Upscale Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJune 2, 2016
Pros: Pay varies per work site. Pay averages to excellent for this type of occupation. Can easily change work sites. Management easily accessible. Clean work sites.

Cons: Always shorthanded. Can work 7 days a week. Can work 12-16 hour shifts. Work schedule changes without notice. Mutually agreed upon work schedule that you and management signed at the beginning of employment is disregarded. You will work what ever time given to you.
No pay raises , no advancements , just a paycheck
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 17, 2016
Worked for G4s over multiple yrs (over 5) never got a raise and no offers for advancements from management. Had several situations where supervisors were unreachable. You will not go anywhere with this company but you get a steady paycheck . Mostly banks are the posts in Knoxville which you stand for 9.5 hours on your feet.
Pros
Steady check
Cons
No pay raise, no advancements, supervisors unreachable
Good Company to work for
Unarmed security officer (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 8, 2016
This is a good company to work for with good job security. You get to meet different people and see different posts. Not much advancement once you reach the pay cap though and there is a wide pay differential between post. You could be working at one post making a good bit above min wage and then be moved to a different post were you are scraping to get by. Pay is based on how much the client is willing to pay for you. Patient management in the local office takes employee complaints seriously and listens to your problems. Always opportunities for overtime if willing to work.
Pros
Good work/ life balance, opportunities for overtime
Cons
Wide pay differential between posts, low possibility for advancement once pay cap reached.
Regular work day with nice coworkers
Security Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2016
A typical day just depends on emergencies or what's going on in the plant. It can go to calm to hectic quick dependinig on situation but always have to be prepared. Co-works are nice and easygoing. The most enjoying part of job is work schedule, before you know your off days are here but it depends on what your working. Hardest part of the job is always being prepared for the unpredictable and handling your duties and emergencies accordingly to keep people and yourself safe. I love challenges so that my top duty. The most enjoyable part is also working with co workers that make your day and shift go by faster and always challenging you to do better.
Pros
good work schedule and days off
Cons
Poor healthcare, little advancement
Relaxed atmosphere with a lot of interaction
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 26, 2016
The only time there is anything to do is when people walk through the metal detector or when a visitor comes into the building. I work overnight so I don't see many visitors and employees only go through the metal detector on their break or when they leave for the shift. I work alone so the majority of the time is spent sitting there and keeping myself occupied. I occasionally am able to talk to the employees, who are very diverse and always good to conversate with. I don't usually have any issues, and if I ever do, the managers are easily contactable and are helpful.
Pros
Easy, Get to meet new people
Cons
Boring, Not well organized, Being alone
Security Officer
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Wells FargoMay 25, 2016
As a security officer we are responsible for knowing the entire building. Help Wells Fargo Employees when they forgot badges at home, we then assign temporary badges. We help vendors and contractors when they come into the facility, they also get temporary badges. We monitor cameras and alarms and conducts tours around the facility to make sure everything is secure and write a daily report. A bad thing is if the next shift officer calls in the office,the officer that's on duty must stay until somebody come in.
Pros
Paid breakls
Cons
Can't leave the facility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.