G4S Employee Reviews

Found 3,453 reviews matching the search
Its all about what you put and your perspective
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 20, 2017
a typical day varies because it is security. For the most part if you ever been in the military and stood watch, you can do this job. Keep positive is key
Pros
you run your time how you like just as long as the work gets done
Cons
long and late night hours
good job and good pay but dangerous
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 19, 2017
had several knives and a gun pulled on me, nobody likes security guards until they need your help, constantly looked down on and disrespected, would not recommend for everybody, need thick skin
Good Company, Best in the Country,
Security Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 19, 2017
I have worked in Security for the last four years. My previous security company was absolutely awful with the treatment of their officers. They treat you well here, but, as a Supervisor with understaffing and understanding the viewpoints of my subordinates, the company has some strict policies that drive people away, where some sites are more lenient but the company policy itself is enforced harshly in some cases.

I think some of the management could be more helpful, and in some ways it doesn't feel like a team-like environment.

They are fair and the company itself is decent, but as any other company, it has some fixable issues.

Overall, I do not regret accepting the job offer.
I do enjoy my job. I just wish I could be compensated more for the work I put in.
We are all ways wrong
Security Officer and Control room Operator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 19, 2017
No pay raises, they a vacation check on your anniversary day, no pay if you be sick and or injury, no breaks, no backing from the management, we always wrong
Working outside
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2017
The job was easy but you had to work outside in the heat for 8 hours. Scan out cars, check driver licences, check cars as they leaving. I didn't like working outside
good job so far
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2017
good job always had hours if you need them your pay check was always right no problems with manger he always make sure you was fined with your hour and if you have to take off he will always work with you
Entry Level Security
Armed Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2017
If you are looking for a way into the Security field, then G4S is definitely the company that you should work for. G4S provides you with a solid foundation in order to become a proper security professional. G4S has helped me adapt to the way the security is done in the civilian sector. I would recommend working here to almost any security personnel.
Pros
Supervisors easy to talk to, Multiple locations in cities and worldwide
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent Company to work for
Transportation Officer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 18, 2017
I completely enjoyed working for G4S. The job is easy and the supervision does very well to make sure the job is done and the client is happy. Highly recommend
good learning exsperiance not long time future
HQs operater 911 dispatch (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2017
descent pay and benefits management at local level only cares about themselves in stead of their employers very minimal traing on the local level g4s Indianapolis Indiana.
Pros
Cons
nosupport from management
A good company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 18, 2017
I think G4S is a good company to work for in general. Like any other company there are things that could be improved but I would recommend them to others.
Pros
Lots of work available
Cons
Pay at some guard post could/should be higher
Good Place To Work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 17, 2017
They Work With Your Schedule and it's a very good company to work for. They also help you with hours and anything else you may not or may need help with
will consume your life
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAJuly 17, 2017
At one time i was putting in 84hrs a week and did not receive any type of acknowledgement from company. Will not show in hand book to verify policies if they feel you have done something wrong.
bad management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJuly 16, 2017
at the time a was working g4s worst management i have ever seen. uniforms were never given to us on time and management would tell us to buy one but there policies said they have to provide them.
Could be better, but the people make it okay.
Upscale Security Officer 1 (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 15, 2017
I do have my issues with the way that management functions, I don't have many other complaints. The job is simple at the location that I work, the pay is better than all the other security jobs, there is just some unwanted drama some days. If you can get past that and do your job, it's a great place to work.
High turn over rate
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 15, 2017
Most positions are pretty easy. However, the main office down to the site supervisors could careless about the people who work for them. They try to bully the employees around and in return end up losing good workers.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Everything else
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 14, 2017
Busy, hours are good, should help out more students for scheduling. They should pay the security guards more. Should give more vacation days to the officers.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Scheduling
Work overview
Upscale Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 14, 2017
Most of the days are relaxing and sit down. But various events of the day you rush to assist each task. Its the very run down emergency response that keeps you on your feet. But has a variety personality, and customer care depending on the people.
It was good until I was removed from schedule with no information on the reason or rescheduling...
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 13, 2017
Employees concern are not always adequately addressed. The management need to do a better job of attending to employees concerns.
I have been to the office several times to seek for answers but my supervisor is not always available.Nobody else could help. Very frustrating!
Pros
average
Cons
Employee can be removed from schedule without any plan for re-scheduling.
Crazy
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLJuly 13, 2017
This place has its ups and downs like any job. The kids really don't learn anything while in these programs. The rules for the employees are ridiculous.
Doing Security Work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 13, 2017
This a great company to work for. working this type of job require you to work all type of times of the day. but very good at giving you a fix position to work and grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.