G4S Employee Reviews

Found 3,714 reviews matching the search
Need Work
Upscale Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2017
I was hired for another position and was never placed into that position. They string you along and don't pay you the rate you were initially agreed to upon accepting the job because they keep you at a position that they are short staffed in.
Security Guard
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  WindsormilleSeptember 24, 2017
G4 Security is a fast working pace environment with great management and benefits.You get to interact with different people on daily basis at work and you get to learn many things on duty by doing your job diligently.All jobs do have difficult period and it's same with the G4 security but still, it's a nice working environment
Workplace culture
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 24, 2017
The most enjoyable working at G4S is they have a great health

benefits. The hardest part is you have to remind them when is your

anniversary, and your paycheck is always wrong. You will keep

calling them until you will get your money.
Pros
We have a great building supervisor.
Cons
no retirement plan
Never the same...
Private Investigator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 23, 2017
The position I held as Investigator required my undivided attention when on the job. Insurance companies contracted us as Investigators to play a neutral role in the discovery of evidence with regard to their claimant's. Therefore causing one to be precise with report writing and or any form of documentation.

There was never really a typical day with this position as ones assignment could lead them to different cities and or states. Following an individual for the day and documenting their actions without being noticed, does not leave an investigator the freedom of falling into a routine.

The culture was very family oriented even though it was also very competitive. I enjoyed that we as investigators communicated thoroughly with one another so that we could in turn have a successful day at work and turn over to our clients the best possible product.

The most difficult part of the job in hall honesty as a female, was the restrictions of having to use the restroom when out in the field. We learn and are trained to be able to accommodate ourselves with that need while out in the field. It involves a lot of preparation.

The most enjoyable part of this job, was all of it. It was fast paced, challenging and rewarding. I find myself to work well under pressure, not always, yet it can be done and done well done when properly thought out.

As far as management, investigators meet with their respective managers via a phone call once a month to touch base with our goals and work ethics, as we are given the freedom to work from home and manage our cases accordingly.
Pros
The freedom to travel and experience new environments and cases.
Cons
At times, the amount of work within a week can be overwhelming but never impossible.
Industry Leader
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILSeptember 23, 2017
Spent over 10 Years - Learned everything about contract security
Free Uniforms, Multiple Managers,College Benefits, Direct deposit, City of Chicago and Suburb locations
poor management
Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte County, FLSeptember 23, 2017
i was hired for another position and was never placed into that position. They string you along and don't pay what you the rate you were initially agreed to upon accepting the job because they keep you at a position that they are short staffed in.
Good work, but low pay
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lake Orion, MISeptember 23, 2017
Easy job environment, friendly coworkers but pay was low and if was paid little bit more an hour would have stayed longer. Decided to leave to pursue a different career
Hiring Manager & Office Manager
Administrative Assistant / Secretary (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MISeptember 23, 2017
The hiring manager needs to work on her people skills. The office manager needs to follow through with assignments she allocates. Other managers in the office do not follow up on phone calls which makes my job very hard some times.
Pros
Time Off
Cons
Not flexible with work schedule
very stressful and long hours.
USO Flex Officer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 22, 2017
long hours, no breaks or lunch depending on help. depending on sites it feels like your life is being sucked out. always working no home time. or they never have enough hours to give its officers. always screwing up pay and very poor management .
professional
Security Director (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLSeptember 22, 2017
Good company, however employees are not treated well, more concerned with client profit growth than quality service. Needs to organized better. Poor management at branch level,
great place to work depending on the acct your at
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 22, 2017
great place to work depending on the acct your at. long hours if you want them. I work on the Fannie Mae account for the last 15 months and I really love it!!!
Pros
great acct to work on
Cons
need more money
Poor Managemnt
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  OrlandoSeptember 21, 2017
Orlando Office needs better Management. i like working at G4S but local managment isn't the best , there not pro helping fields supervisors and orgaqnization of offciers well qualified isn't the best eithr.
Job review
Armed Custom Protection Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85034September 20, 2017
I loved it when i worked at G4S. It is 1 of the top 10 best companies in the world. The management is perfect over their. I would definitely recommended it to my friends.
Former Employee
Security Officer/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 20, 2017
This company only promote their friends to the high ups.It doesn't matter how long you have been there. If you are looking for a career this company isn't the company that will give you a career. You can make good money for long hours at work. But no promotions.
Pros
Good money but long hours
Cons
Long hours for little pay and not a good career job
wonderful fortune 500 company to work for in private security industry
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILSeptember 20, 2017
One of the biggest security company in the world!! G4S is in 52 states, so there is plenty of room for advancing and relocation. They provide every officer with uniform and weapon at no cost.
Pros
Major company with competitive pay
Cons
Poor management
Basf
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2017
I work at a chemical site, where it is not too stressful. The people are pleasant and nice to talk to. My supervisor and other coworkers makes working here quiet easy. A good team is essential.
Boring
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Walk/drive around a parking lot for 8 hours.
Nobody to talk to...nothing to learn
No supervision/management onsite
No culture
Boredom
Nothing to do but drive/walk
Pros
Worked by myself
Cons
No opportunities for growth or advancement in the Chicago market
Ok place
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Southport, NCSeptember 20, 2017
It's an ok place to work, Pay is decent, they offer benefits. 1 week vacation. A lot of drama at this site. Supervisor does not know what she is doing and can't make a schedule to save her life.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Supervisor does not know what she is doing. Too much drama.
Great workplace
Dispatcher/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 19, 2017
16 years of work with no room for advancement. Benefits are offered but are very expensive, I would recommend this company. i just wish there was room for advancement
Over night work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 19, 2017
A typical day ranges from 7pm-6am 11 hours shifts. Work is not stressful, its easy work for decent pay. I worked for a senior community. The residence in the building were nice. It was a nice place to work.
Pros
over time and paid hoilidays
Cons
11-12 shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.