G4S Employee Reviews

Found 2,713 reviews matching the search
Professional setting with professional men.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 2, 2016
An excellent business to work for to gain experience and responsibility with appropriate oversight and command. The training, regulations and duties given to workers allow even the novice to quickly learn.
Management has no Spine
Global Command Center Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 2, 2016
They do not take care of employees. The first time a client complains your fired and reassigned. No benefits, HR there is a joke still doing paper timesheets. They mess up your pay, then ask you to work a million hours overtime. Don't get a job in the Tampa region if you can help it. Maybe other areas of the country are better
Pros
Lots of voertime available
Cons
Nobody cares about issues or bettering the work place
Decent work environment. Site management and treatment of employees is poor
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 1, 2016
Site management fails to address issues and has to be taken to upper management constantly.

Site Supervisor doesn't run the site as it is supposed to be ran. Have a lot of issues with employees always quitting because of it. Over time is constantly being generated because of this and the overtime is given to day shift employees without even posting it to other shifts.

Sometimes going to a supervisor or a site supervisor causes them to get disgruntled and then they make you feel like you are nothing for asking questions. Not all sites are like this, just the specific one I work at and constantly have to get a hold of the home office team.
If you one to become a police officer or law enforcement agent. This could be your entry job for basic experience.
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLDecember 1, 2016
Usually police graduate officers start their carrer with G4s Secure Solutions until they find an opportunity in the law enforcement industry. This is very beneficial for graduated officer to hold their academy certification.
Pros
Competitive pay rate.
Cons
Private benefit.
Too much focus on GPA and reports and payroll compliance
SIU Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 30, 2016
Pacified rather than satisfied. Stay busy with lots of work in Southern CA. Having problems maintaining client approval and keeping parent company content.
Work: Not enough hours to sustain a decent week
COMMERCIAL LIABILITY INVESTIGATOR (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 30, 2016
Company has not fulfilled promise to provide steady work (40-50 hours per week) since coming aboard. They have at times played favorites when providing work and have lost contracts but are not up front about it.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
not enough work
Amazon Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYNovember 29, 2016
Very social post, with a lot of opportunities to expand my scope of things. Basic access control, certified in CPR but mostly laid back. No one really made much trouble in my time there.
Poor all around
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 29, 2016
Everything about this company screams "Leave now!" The management plays favorites, don't speak with each other, and don't adjust schedules for life events. They don't monitor employees' appearances, performance, or reprimand them for being tardy to work. They also don't give you your schedule until after you have completed the training, which leaves you high and dry.
Pros
None.
Cons
Poor schedule, poor holiday time, poor management, etc etc etc
Awesome Company, great group of people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLNovember 29, 2016
G4S Security Company is a great company, Great benefits, room for growth, care about their employees, charitable, I was the face of the Company and enjoyed working with them.
A very rich Environment filled with colorful people
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXNovember 29, 2016
Everybody on the G4S squad was awesome. They helped me from day one till the end to be the very best security officer possible, the best part of it they made it possible everyday with a smile
It a ok job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 29, 2016
I is a good job but they need good boss that can help the employees out at time like when some one need off but not all the time just ask me I will help you out
Productive place to work
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  englandNovember 29, 2016
G4S are always willing to help their employees, i enjoy spending time with my co-workers, The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to communicate with different people on a daily basis
Poorly managed
Customs Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 29, 2016
Problems weekly ranging from missing pay to wrong schedules to conflicting orders from managers. There were no bright spots other than that the job was incredibly easy.
It was an exciting job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pass Christian, MSNovember 28, 2016
I worked twice for G4S. I worked as a private investigator and as security. I learned alot about myself with both jobs. Patience is a virtue. The hardest part of my job as G4S security was to make sure the employees understood the dangers of their jobs and it was job to protect them.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Odd schedules
Yeah Ummm
Upgraded Security Officer Level II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 28, 2016
Bad Posts, Un-organized payroll, 5 days off per year, no raises....it's a decent hustle but don't expect very much from this company.
great company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  cleveland, ohioNovember 26, 2016
management is fair and caring..benefits are endless. staff is extremely friendly and helpful. i loved working with them...most staff stay to retirement
Simple Day
USO (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 26, 2016
The job was simple. You would clock in and look to see what post you would be placed at for the week. Report to your post and complete job duties from verifying all site guest.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Unprofessional Leaders
Productive company focused on client and employee satisfaction
Field Investigator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 25, 2016
What I have been able to learn from this company is how to properly utilize deductive reasoning skills to in order to conduct investigations.

The hardest part of the job is the initial learning curve when it came to surveillance. Management has been very helpful in helping me adjust to this curve.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom field investigators are given.
Consistent Over time
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 24, 2016
The management is not there for you. The pay for the work required at least at my position is way to low. I have been working here for 10 months and there has been consistent lack of proper staffing.
Pros
The people I work with.
Cons
Self absorbed management, cheap low quality uniforms, consistently understaffed
If you have no life and no family and love to work and what to do nothing but work. This is the place for you.
Customs Protection Flex Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 23, 2016
So just my opinion this place sucked worse place i have ever worked. however, thats just me some people love it. I was working 65+ hours a week no free time what so ever. Management sucked when i asked to be moved off Flex position and never gave it a second thought. I had no life my PT scores for the guard plummited and I hated everything about it.