G4S Employee Reviews

Found 3,240 reviews matching the search
ups and down
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 22, 2017
i love the company i am stationed with, longest employment ever. I just dislike the supervisor over the dayton area. very very non negotiable, mean, not understanding and dont want to help anyone and just rude. Im just glad my contract has a site supervisor that we deal with before going to the area manager mark wysong
Pros
great contracts, great pay
Cons
area manager mark wysong is not a nice man
good job
Customs Protection Officer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL 33487May 21, 2017
g4s is a decent company to work for. your environment can either be good or bad depending on the site you work and your postion. i would recomment g4s to someone seeking job security or need a company to work for after retirement from a career
ok place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 20, 2017
Overall I liked working with the crew I was with. The client treated us well. The only fault i had with the is that they could not keep the staffing up. We were always short officers.
Pros
decent pay good site manager
Cons
low staffing levels
not what they claim
Security Operations Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 20, 2017
G4s is what you make of it, although when they took over the contract i was on they made things alot worse. lost 10 people to resignation in a 2 month time span
You will find good, but not great
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 19, 2017
Compensation and management could be better. Overtime is offer or mandated. Don't ask for a raise, you won't get it! Fairness across the board....no! I've seen 20 officers get a higher raise than supervisors.
its ok
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 19, 2017
its and ok job they give you great hours the secluding is horrible though but other then that its not to bad. if you are not willing to work ong hours this may not be the job for you
Pros
money
Cons
holiday work and hours
No concern for workers
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Clyde, OHMay 18, 2017
One raise in 3 years, failure to follow their contract of even pay with guards at manufacturing side. Manager hired her best friend, and then conveniently changed her schedule even though it affected afternoons ability to do their job. Company we were contacted through kept increasing our workload, yet refused to give us raises
Pros
Consistent schedule
Cons
Too many to list
Unfair treatment
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 18, 2017
they want to have no life if you got kids not a great place to work. when you have an emergency come up they don't want you to take off but let something happen to their family and they quick to run. they don't give you all your equipment needed for the job but what you to do the job. Poor management the supervisor don't know how to talk to their employees.
Security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAMay 18, 2017
Management is poor. Pay rate is okay, but it can be way better than how much the pay and the amount of work they give the officers. Too many unnecessary rules.
Not a good company to work for
security officer for clients associated (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2017
management, pay, benefits and overall care for employee concerns are no good. The 401k program is worthless and there is no good plan for retirement. Management usually has an attitude or excuse when asked a question or for help.
pay checks never correct
cpo (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMay 18, 2017
Since I have been employed for g4s not one of my checks have been correct. When I was offered the job I was told numerous things of which none was true. No increase of salary no chance for job advancement. Horrible supervisors always stating if you don't take a shift you will have disciplinary action taken against you.
Pros
training
Cons
Long hours on your feet no pay increase no communication
Productive and useful experience in the security occupational field
UPSCALE SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 18, 2017
Maintain accessional personal apperance and professionalism. Enforce rules and regulations of assigned site. Management is acceptionally efficient in job supervision. Hardest part of the job is only having so much power without the presence of law enforcement. Interacting with former military colleagues is most enjoyable part.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
Enforce rules without losing control of situation or letting situation escalate.
Balance Job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2017
Pay Rate can be increase, More work time can be given, Holiday pay should be added

I have nothing else to say
Pros
Relax
Cons
No Holiday Pay
they are lier
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 17, 2017
they will tell you something in the interview and when you signed the paper they don't even pay you with salary they promised you. there is nobody to talk with as well.
Not that great
Security Gaurd (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 17, 2017
The company as a whole has little to no respect for their employees. They never listen to what you have to say and never do anything. The pay is terrible.
It can be a lucrative job if your willing to give up homelife and put in mega hours
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMay 17, 2017
Corporate security, kind of have the feeling of being assimilated. co-workers good group of people but overall not a place for a person with a personality.
Pros
time and a half
Cons
have to put in 60 hours a week to see good gains on pay
Would not recommend
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 17, 2017
G4S is very unprofessional. They will mess up your paycheck and take an extensive amount of time to ensure that you receive your money that they owe and that you've worked hard for. They do not demonstrate that they care about their employees. This company waited until the last minute, approximately 2 weeks, to inform its employees who work at Amazon that they lost the contract, which will result in a great number of people who will be out of job because they will not have posts for everyone. This is people's livelihood and G4S treated this lightly as if it's not a big deal when they been found out this information. I honestly would not refer this company to anyone and do not see this company being in business much longer.
Good job for prior military or officers.
CPO Officer (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOMay 17, 2017
There are armed and unarmed positions. They only hire prior military and officers. Friendly staff and managers. Set hours with the opportunity for overtime.
Not a bad place to work
EMT, Firefighter, Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 17, 2017
G4s is not a bad place to work if you need some cash and have no life. Just buck up and do it.... I have to review all the company's I worked for just so I can post my resume.
Very poorly ran company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAMay 16, 2017
Very poorly ran company. breaks and lunches frequently not given human resources unreachable. Uncompetitive pay when they decide to pay you and if you complain you get attacked/written up for not meeting company standards when you have been doing the same job the same way for 2 years with no complaints
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Not getting payed for 2 months

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.