G4S Employee Reviews

Found 3,459 reviews matching the search
great company
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIJuly 21, 2017
great company with tons of available overtime. The job is easy to learn and pick up on. There is a high turnover in employees, but mainly if you can walk and use a computer the job is generally very easy.
Entry Level Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 21, 2017
This is a great entry level security position and it was very accommodating when it came to completing schoolwork. There was a significant amount of downtime and I was able to keep up with my studies.
Pros
Significant amount of Downtime
Cons
Significant amount of Downtime
great place
Customs Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 20, 2017
Great place to start employment if your currently in college and is looking for a steady job. The company offers flexible schedules and helps their employees.
Cons
Highly Technical work environment.
Shift Supervisor & Labor, Scheduling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 20, 2017
A very fast paced working environment. A highly transparent but relevant security team infused with a culture that compliments the clients needs. The supervisory team is a highly trained management work force that is meticulous in every policy and procedure. Pin point accuracy in every action taken in any system that the supervisory team compliments.
Pros
Fast paced work environment.
Cons
No real benefits, pay raises or forward advancement.
Fun place to work, hours aren't great
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJuly 20, 2017
Hours aren't great, they take away shifts to give to other people, and also don't really care much about associates. Overall okay place to work if you don't mind bad hours.
Pros
Make own schedule
Cons
Horrible hours, bad mangement
Its all about what you put and your perspective
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 20, 2017
a typical day varies because it is security. For the most part if you ever been in the military and stood watch, you can do this job. Keep positive is key
Pros
you run your time how you like just as long as the work gets done
Cons
long and late night hours
overworked
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLJuly 20, 2017
I am writing this review only to give you MY experience with this company. The company name has changed. I would not recommend this place for anyone with a family, 2nd job or if you have a pretty active social life. The job requires so much of your time that you are drained by the time you get off. An normal shift should be 8 hours. However you tend to work 16 hour shifts several times a weeks and not by choice. They mandate you to stay in the building. If you choose not to stay over you can and most likely be terminated. The management does not promote advancement. There are absolutely no raises. Whatever your pay is when you start will be your pay when you leave.Several staff have had issues with their pay. The HR is not for the staff at all. You are pretty much on your own. I definitely would not give anyone a referral to this company. The staff morale is constantly low and the turnover rate is high due to people not wanting to deal with everything that goes on in the facility. To many people have quit due to unfair treatment or have been terminated to cover up certain. There are no lunch breaks period. The youth are not getting the therapeutic services that are needed. If you are looking for structure or a non hostile work environment this is not the place to go to work. The management shows no appreciation for their staff and could careless about you. The kids will drive you insane because their is nothing done for their negative behaviors..
Pros
the commute
Cons
no breaks, pay, no staff break room, no kitchen
good job and good pay but dangerous
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 19, 2017
had several knives and a gun pulled on me, nobody likes security guards until they need your help, constantly looked down on and disrespected, would not recommend for everybody, need thick skin
Good Company, Best in the Country,
Security Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 19, 2017
I have worked in Security for the last four years. My previous security company was absolutely awful with the treatment of their officers. They treat you well here, but, as a Supervisor with understaffing and understanding the viewpoints of my subordinates, the company has some strict policies that drive people away, where some sites are more lenient but the company policy itself is enforced harshly in some cases.

I think some of the management could be more helpful, and in some ways it doesn't feel like a team-like environment.

They are fair and the company itself is decent, but as any other company, it has some fixable issues.

Overall, I do not regret accepting the job offer.
I do enjoy my job. I just wish I could be compensated more for the work I put in.
We are all ways wrong
Security Officer and Control room Operator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 19, 2017
No pay raises, they a vacation check on your anniversary day, no pay if you be sick and or injury, no breaks, no backing from the management, we always wrong
Working outside
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2017
The job was easy but you had to work outside in the heat for 8 hours. Scan out cars, check driver licences, check cars as they leaving. I didn't like working outside
good job so far
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2017
good job always had hours if you need them your pay check was always right no problems with manger he always make sure you was fined with your hour and if you have to take off he will always work with you
Entry Level Security
Armed Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2017
If you are looking for a way into the Security field, then G4S is definitely the company that you should work for. G4S provides you with a solid foundation in order to become a proper security professional. G4S has helped me adapt to the way the security is done in the civilian sector. I would recommend working here to almost any security personnel.
Pros
Supervisors easy to talk to, Multiple locations in cities and worldwide
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent Company to work for
Transportation Officer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 18, 2017
I completely enjoyed working for G4S. The job is easy and the supervision does very well to make sure the job is done and the client is happy. Highly recommend
good learning exsperiance not long time future
HQs operater 911 dispatch (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2017
descent pay and benefits management at local level only cares about themselves in stead of their employers very minimal traing on the local level g4s Indianapolis Indiana.
Pros
Cons
nosupport from management
A good company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 18, 2017
I think G4S is a good company to work for in general. Like any other company there are things that could be improved but I would recommend them to others.
Pros
Lots of work available
Cons
Pay at some guard post could/should be higher
Good Place To Work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 17, 2017
They Work With Your Schedule and it's a very good company to work for. They also help you with hours and anything else you may not or may need help with
will consume your life
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Aliquippa, PAJuly 17, 2017
At one time i was putting in 84hrs a week and did not receive any type of acknowledgement from company. Will not show in hand book to verify policies if they feel you have done something wrong.
bad management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJuly 16, 2017
at the time a was working g4s worst management i have ever seen. uniforms were never given to us on time and management would tell us to buy one but there policies said they have to provide them.
Could be better, but the people make it okay.
Upscale Security Officer 1 (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 15, 2017
I do have my issues with the way that management functions, I don't have many other complaints. The job is simple at the location that I work, the pay is better than all the other security jobs, there is just some unwanted drama some days. If you can get past that and do your job, it's a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.