G4S Employee Reviews

Found 2,589 reviews matching the search
Even though there was a good feel of unity amongst coworkers and supervisors the job itself was not taken seriously enough.
Special Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2016
In day to day operations there were problems with scheduling, distribution of information, and a general feeling of the clients micromanaging the contract. I learned a lot from the consistent training and the wealth of experience and education due to the requirements of the site that every employee had to have. Management was decent however, due to the interference of the client sometimes to a large degree, their performance suffered. The hardest aspect of my time at this job was transitioning from my last job to this one. I enjoyed the flexibility of the position I was in.
Security is a most! I enjoy what I do! Nice work force!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoSeptember 10, 2016
A typical day of work consist in wake up very early in the morning and drive all the way through my work spot about 15 miles away from home. Then switch place with my co worker partner officer. Ask him or her about his time when work. Incidents during the day. Then my primary duty is make a list of everybody who enters to the perimeter of the company. Make rounds to secure company's employees and equipment. In fact I enjoy what I do! And I'm always try my best!!
An outstanding company to work for.
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 4, 2016
G4S is a fair and balanced company with a high velocity of prestige and growth. G4S is also a diverse company that has the capability to fulfill the needs of individuals who are willing to perform the duties required of them.
My duties required a lot of driving (log distance), but I really enjoyed working out in the field, My co-workers and management were always willing to assist when needed.
The hardest part of the job was when I had to physically cover post when officers were "No Shows" multiple times a weeks.
nice place to work
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2016
typical day at work is making sure all employees are able to gain access into the building properly and in a timely manner.
I've learned that team work is essential and management can be helpful at times. I work with a great team my coworkers are the best. the hardest part of my job is not being able to help someone when all avenues have been exhausted. The most enjoyable part is knowing that I did my absolute best.
Pros
Shift hours are great
Cons
if someone calls off it effects the whole team
Inconsistent
Security OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILAugust 11, 2016
The problem with this company it does not communicate information in a timely manner. I found out the company had moved its headquarters through the grape vine. Not much consideration is given to advancement and employees tend to do the job the way they were thought in past and not at current standards. Not much leeway is given for innocent mistakes. You are usually transferred out after a tiny mistake.
Pros
Self autonomy is given
Cons
Nothing is ever done the same way
Fun workplace
Bank Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 6, 2016
Typical day at work I learned that not all customers are the same. Management was great never had any issues with management when I had any problems dealing with anything outside of my post work they handled it in a timely fashion. The hardest part of the job was standing for eight and a half hours Monday-Thursday and nine and a half hours on Fridays. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people I love to meet new people because some people have different stories to tell.
Pros
two fifteen minute breaks and a thirty minute break
Cons
wearing long sleeves all year round becuase of tattoos
Excellent environment
Security Officer/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 2, 2016
I enjoy working with my compagny for it is a job that lead me to learn about other every day. As a security, i enjoy interacting with many proffessionals and learn from them whatever may be useful for my carreer later.
The respect of my company management toward employes is something I daily apreccciate because it gives me the joy to work even for a lower salary. great people there, to me there is no hardest part of a job because when I start a job I always committed to my job. My job is very important to me therefore I adapt no matter the circumstances.
G4S Pro/Con
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 1, 2016
G4S is a great company when it comes to fulfilling their duty as Security company. They are in the top five well performed security in America and overseas. However, when it come to benefits and career advances it is very poor. Their medic care are not that impressive due to poor coverage. And their career advancement is a dead end. The pay rate of a manager will slightly increase and regular office with a college degree, their pay are low as the high school and no experience person. That is why it is not a great job to make a career out of because of it's limited mobility when comes to making it a career.
Problems from start to finish.
Team Lead (Patrol / Console Operator) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77092August 23, 2016
This company will start ok but once you go to your job site you will be thrown around and tossed into a high school gossip environment. Unless you become your managers best friend don't expect time off, vacation, or even a shift that you like. I am on year 4 of being stuck on nights and my requests to change and transfer have been blocked.
Pros
Cons
No benefits worth the hellish work enviroment.
what I learned in training and on the job is like day and night
Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  Command Center at the Court HouseAugust 12, 2016
Dont Come here, You will be sorry. More management problems. Serious turnover. Most Spanish employees worked in the court house in the daytime while employees of color worked mid or night shift. One or two employees of color met the CQ
Pros
Pay was alright for the bull...you had to put up with from certain Supervisors.
Cons
Rules are not for everyone especially if you are sleeping with management
Diverse environments with great co-workers
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 22, 2016
G4S has been very good to me, because I'm the kind of person who enjoys not knowing what the day could hold in store, and the need be aware and prepared for sudden changes to the daily task. Also the people I've met within this company have always treated me as family and with the respect I would want from my co-workers.
Pros
Different professional aspects and learning opportunites
Cons
Productive place where juvinile offenders can rehabillitate themselves and learn great life concepts.
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 20, 2016
A typical day at work consist of group therapy, school, rec yard time, daily meetings , and incentives based on how the youth performed throughout the day. I learned a great deal of patience as well as understanding different points of views on life through other youths life journeys.
Pros
Helping the youth, flexible schedule, overtime
Cons
short breaks, on call job
Safe and clean work environment. Clients were friendly.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 21, 2016
There was plenty of overtime when you needed it but the turnover rate was too frequent. The pay was not competitive and the rate of growth was nonexistent. After three years of no raises, the company also took away half of our benefits and asked us to work more without extra compensation.
Pros
Clean work environment
Cons
There was no positive moral unless we created it.
dirty
Officer (Former Employee) –  OregonJuly 17, 2016
Two years never missed a scheduled day of work. never been late for work. By far the most dirty company i have ever been involved with, they don't use a time clock and steel pay regularly base-pay and over time.Good internet research will show how many times this company has been turned in and sewed and lost. how they continue is a loss to me but they will squash all negative reviews as this one will be removed. They require the rating above but no way to rate correctly because one star minimum must be chosen to continue this is part of how they work. most categories deserve 0 stars as they are so dirty.
Pros
.non
Cons
dirty and corupt
Poor management whom blames employees for their faults.
3rd Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 18, 2016
Supervisors are Not qualified to do the job they are promoted into. They get promoted into these positions because they kiss butt an stab the other employees in the back;put the blame for things not happening the way they should on other employees to try to make themselves look good.
Pros
its a job.period.
Cons
company always paying you incorrectly;making excuses for the problems with management.
It's an okay job
Courier (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 21, 2016
Clock in, grab keys and radio in that you are available. Courier job was going to schedule pick places and other various call in pick ups. Various ways to drive from one end of the county to the other,learning to avoid traffic and accidents. Management was okay, some co-workers where helpfull, others not so much. Driving all day or sitting idle was not fun. Enjoyable park is clocking out and the pay.
Pros
Shift hours, pay and 401K fund.
Cons
Micromanaging
A good starter job but maybe not a permanent one
Shredder technician (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 13, 2016
G4S as a whole is a decent company which is definitely far from perfect but isn't a terrible lace to work for. I work at two sites for them and both are nice. Modest pay for modest to slightly strenuous work. It does sometimes feel as though your not appreciated and that for all the work you do you get no credit for it. I have worked with them for 2+ years now and i'm looking for new employment now. I would recommend them for maybe a starter or "filler" job but not for a permanent job.
Pros
a nice amount of breaks, schedule somewhat flexible
Cons
Not enough credit for work, management seems lacking, pay seems low for "high work" days
It has it days
YCW1 (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJuly 12, 2016
Great place to work involving kids having them to look up to you and floow orders for you to have a smooth day that being said it can be touch sometimes kids will try to get under your skin and you may like a kid but if he starts acting up you have to do your job rather if its prt putting him in isolation this type of job you have to be strict and aware of everything as well as knowing what a youth is capable of theres alot of thing you must and will learn when having a job like the state school
Pros
Helping the kids working with kids
Cons
stress drama
New Did What they Promised
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 25, 2016
I was hired on as a armed security guard. I was promised as position in Management due to my experience, certifications, and the fact that I completed every single one of their 121 classes, when other didn't. I never got that position, and then was switched to a different shirt that scheduled me to work outside of Louisville, and very different hours as we agreed upon when hired.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bad Management
No pay raises , no advancements , just a paycheck
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 17, 2016
Worked for G4s over multiple yrs (over 5) never got a raise and no offers for advancements from management. Had several situations where supervisors were unreachable. You will not go anywhere with this company but you get a steady paycheck . Mostly banks are the posts in Knoxville which you stand for 9.5 hours on your feet.
Pros
Steady check
Cons
No pay raise, no advancements, supervisors unreachable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.