G4S Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,470 reviews matching the search
Working with G4S
Overnight Supervisor/CPO (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77092July 25, 2016
G3S is a great company to work for especially while trying to finish school, although all of their clients are not the easiest to work with.
I enjoy the leadership and the enviroment that's there.
Upscale Security officer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 25, 2016
G4S is a great place to work. The people are warm and eager to teach you the way of security. A great place for retirees and retired military. Come out and be apart of the team.
New Did What they Promised
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 25, 2016
I was hired on as a armed security guard. I was promised as position in Management due to my experience, certifications, and the fact that I completed every single one of their 121 classes, when other didn't. I never got that position, and then was switched to a different shirt that scheduled me to work outside of Louisville, and very different hours as we agreed upon when hired.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bad Management
Ineffective and unorganzied management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 25, 2016
The management is very disorganized. They'll have you assigned to a post and mistakenly schedule for another post without realizing it.
eaisy going work inviorment
Security Representative (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJuly 22, 2016
it was a good company to work for but due to cutbacks and so forth some employees are being letgo the people i i work for are straight forward and easy to talk to but it is currently unknow at this time if i am one of the people that they are letting go or not so i am prepareing my self to find another job just incase
the company
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2016
Its a good company to work for. You get paid by the site. Its easy to succeed in this company if you work hard enough. It's nothing hard about doing security. Just follow the policies and procedures and this would be the easiest money you can make.
working the the right company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2016
I like working for G4S we work together team work getting the work done.I work the warehouse patroling.
Fun workplace
Youth Care Worker I/II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2016
If you have a passion for working with kids and being an active person, this is most def the job for you. I loved this environment. Non stop fun and many things to do. never a dull moment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 21, 2016
Have to work hard to get ahead in this company. Need to make sure you do your job, because if someone messes up you are blamed.
It's an okay job
Courier (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 21, 2016
Clock in, grab keys and radio in that you are available. Courier job was going to schedule pick places and other various call in pick ups. Various ways to drive from one end of the county to the other,learning to avoid traffic and accidents. Management was okay, some co-workers where helpfull, others not so much. Driving all day or sitting idle was not fun. Enjoyable park is clocking out and the pay.
Pros
Shift hours, pay and 401K fund.
Cons
Micromanaging
Learning experience
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Hastings, FLJuly 20, 2016
Okay but not the greatest. Come to work and monitor youth to avoid fights among them. Monitor as they had group therapy. Secure the youth at 5:00 pm then pass out their meals before starting showers. Monitor as the youth cleaned their room; sweeping and mopping. Look for contraband in the rooms. Monitor youth at night as they slept; room checks.
Productive place where juvinile offenders can rehabillitate themselves and learn great life concepts.
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 20, 2016
A typical day at work consist of group therapy, school, rec yard time, daily meetings , and incentives based on how the youth performed throughout the day. I learned a great deal of patience as well as understanding different points of views on life through other youths life journeys.
Pros
Helping the youth, flexible schedule, overtime
Cons
short breaks, on call job
Always late
Candidate for hire (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 19, 2016
Went to the job interview and the manager I was supposed to work for was late for the interview by an hour and forty-five minutes. Thought I would give them a second chance, second appointment with same manager sends me a text message with his arrival time and he is going to be late again. If they don't care to be on time to hire you what else are they late on. Did not accept job. No Professionalism.
Poor management whom blames employees for their faults.
3rd Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 18, 2016
Supervisors are Not qualified to do the job they are promoted into. They get promoted into these positions because they kiss butt an stab the other employees in the back;put the blame for things not happening the way they should on other employees to try to make themselves look good.
Pros
its a job.period.
Cons
company always paying you incorrectly;making excuses for the problems with management.
pay
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 18, 2016
security positions were to far for the pay offered. at one post i was only getting paid for six hours when I was clocking in for 8. supervisor fails to mention that part to me
Pros
hours
Cons
pay and posts
No pay raises , no advancements , just a paycheck
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 17, 2016
Worked for G4s over multiple yrs (over 5) never got a raise and no offers for advancements from management. Had several situations where supervisors were unreachable. You will not go anywhere with this company but you get a steady paycheck . Mostly banks are the posts in Knoxville which you stand for 9.5 hours on your feet.
Pros
Steady check
Cons
No pay raise, no advancements, supervisors unreachable
long hours and no sense of gratification
Nuclear Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Wadsworth, TXJuly 17, 2016
currently at my job we are paid well but we have no life outside of this place due to overtime. Our management is horrible and we are treated badly.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
horrible management
Productive workplace.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 17, 2016
I enjoy working along side my co workers they are of great help and very dependable, the staffs are also outstanding.
Pros
Good staff, excellent co workers.
dirty
Officer (Former Employee) –  OregonJuly 17, 2016
Two years never missed a scheduled day of work. never been late for work. By far the most dirty company i have ever been involved with, they don't use a time clock and steel pay regularly base-pay and over time.Good internet research will show how many times this company has been turned in and sewed and lost. how they continue is a loss to me but they will squash all negative reviews as this one will be removed. They require the rating above but no way to rate correctly because one star minimum must be chosen to continue this is part of how they work. most categories deserve 0 stars as they are so dirty.
Pros
.non
Cons
dirty and corupt
ok to place to work
Scale Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2016
The site managers are not good pepole, they are not undersatnding to your needs, or personal life. Ther is no room for advancemnt unless you were in military or law enforcement. They dont acknowlege you for being a non absent employee.