G4S Employee Reviews

Found 3,475 reviews matching the search
Security is top priority
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 27, 2017
My site placement was a third shift empty factory building that I had to make hourly walk arounds to be sure it was locked and secured.
On the occasion of filling in on other shifts I would have to check individuals in and out that were looking to purchase the building.
When the building was finally purchased security was no longer required and there were no job placements within my area so I was laid off with no call back
Pros
being able to read or study in between rounds
Cons
the hours
Traditional security company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 26, 2017
Traditional security company, the at-will contracts with the clients makes for easy transfers from job assignments. Security work is always consistent.
Productive Day at Work
USO Security officer (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 26, 2017
Depending what post you are on, you have different rules and regulations. If you are the Rover, you are constantly patrolling on the golf cart while observing and reporting the warehouse. You are also the officer who relieves officers for their breaks, lunches etc. If you work at Employee entrance and Freezer entrance your job is to ensure that each employee who works for the warehouse has their proper equipment on and ID badges at all times. You also observe and report anything unusual. If you are outside at the Inbound or Outbound post your job is to ensure that you receives all proper information dealing with the truck drivers, their paper work, products and directing them to their proper location. You are also responsible for maintaining a safe environment and not allowing anyone on property who doesn't have a ID badge, appointment, or picking/dropping off someone.
Pros
There's always over time for the most part.
Cons
Not really flexible and the work environment could be a lot better.
After 2 months
Upscale Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 25, 2017
Great job, good superviser, just what I needed, I am retired after 29 years in security, work 2 days a week, they don`t bother me on my days off. Good pay. Have only worked there a little over 2 months, haven`t ask for a day off sense I only work 2 days a week but I am retired and the reason I am working there is to get the money to go on vacations, so we will see what happens when I ask for a weekend off, which will be about every 3 to 6 months.
Pros
Pays more then any private security
Cons
Don't work for this company
Employee (Former Employee) –  IndianaJuly 25, 2017
If you want a job that offers little pay, horrid benefits and inept management then this is the job for you. Rampant nepotism and terrible treatment by the office staff is what you can expect. If you have a family or want any kind of social life DO NOT work for this company
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2017
A typical day at work consisted with ensuring that my uniform was at the highest standard in the eyes of the public. I was also able to ensure that my side arm was functional and my shooting skills were in qualification of the SOP of the company
Stressful but rewarding environment
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 24, 2017
The youth we serve are in need of help and that is why I am here. The environment can become stressful but is rewarding when a youth who was transitioned back into the community contacts the program and states they have moved on and are doing well.
Pros
Flexible hours when needed.
Cons
Expensive benefits
Good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJuly 24, 2017
It's a good company they believe in second chances and treat others with the same respect that people show them they do CPR and Armed guard certification.
Unprofessional and cheap company
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2017
I worked armed security for this company. They play favorites so if they dont like you for any reason you will most likely not work there long. Very unprofessional supervisors who talk down about people employed by the company. The pay is low and the benefits are way too expensive. The gear we are issued is mostly previously used by other people and in bad condition. Their weapons are poorly kept as well. If you decide to try this company (which i highly advise against) do not join the Bank Protection Program. The hours per week are low with low pay and you have to drive around to different banks around the city. I had to drive anywhere from half an hour to an hour and a half from my home to get to certain banks in the city having to go to a different bank every day. The Bank Protection Captain would talk bad about other bank protection officers to officers he favored constantly and doesnt let you call off of work unless youve lost an arm or a leg then guilts you about not being able to come to work as if youre a child. This company tries too hard to be like the military as far as appearance goes (no facial hair, tattoos showing, piercings, etc.). Overall a very sub par security company to work for. Very unprofessional and low paying even though they try to appear professional on the outside. Would highly reccomend against considering working with this conpany find a better security company that pays what you deserve and treats you like a human being with professional people in charge.
Pros
experience
Cons
Short breaks, unprofessional supervisors, low pay, expensive benefits
The worst job ever.
Armed Bank Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 23, 2017
I started working for G4S as a armed Bank Protection Officer, supervisor(wanna be drill sgt/cop) will sneak up on everyone to catch them do something they weren't supposed to do. Job was boring. Benefits and pay sucked. No room for advancement and it's not a stepping stone for somewhere esle as you're not supposed to do anything but stand outside and look good. No paid holidays .
Pros
Cons
Benefits pay life balance.

Want to know more about G4S?

Ask a question
productive workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2017
provides armed security maintaining the safety of representatives and customers. Maintained good customer service and deescalated situations, hardest part about job was standing up from 8-10 hours
Great job for those looking to make easy money.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJuly 23, 2017
Your experience working in this job is highly dependent on where you are stationed. For me, I am someone who came into this job thinking I would constantly be moving around patrolling or doing building searches. When I got to my site that was not the case. I sit in a box and check trucks into the site, a much less exciting job than I thought I was getting. The office I work out of has been almost impossible to reach via phone or email. The worse part about the job is that they employ the minimum amount of employees per site, so if someone calls off or quits you are forced to stay over your hours to compensate for them until they come back or someone else is hired in. For the work I do I think I am paid fairly, but in this job there is not lot of room to grow. My coworkers have been working at the same site for 15 years, doing the same thing they did when they started. The benefits of the job are decent, by no means amazing, but they give you a little extra here and there. Let me reiterate, this has been my experience, I hear other stations have it much nicer, so my piece of advice to you is, do plenty of research before going into a station. It is not easy transferring from one station to another.
Pros
Relatively easy work.
Cons
Constant training, and protocols to follow.
Flex Officers = no consistency in life
Flex Officer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 23, 2017
As a flex officer you can be TOLD you are working a new schedule with less than 24 hour notice! Schedule constantly changing. Day shift one day midnights the next, not guaranteed a certain number of hours, although, I was told at least 32 when hired, not always true. sometimes as little as 16 a week. Didn't tell me when hired that they don't contribute anything to 401k. Health insurance doesn't go in effect until after 3 months employment and its not that great! They always want to communicate through E mail. But if you e mail them you are lucky to get a response, same goes if you call them.
Pros
pays more than most security companys
Cons
if a flex officer you cant schedule a life for yourself.
Not bad for security work
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 22, 2017
Pays more than most contract security companys. Good job security. Do your job, show up for work on time and you wont have any problems. .......
Pros
not much
Cons
no benefits for part time officers. no sick days for any officers.
Wonderful Place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 22, 2017
This was my favorite job, I'd have to say. The environment was hectic, because I worked in the county jail through this company. Even though it was hectic, this job is one that I would definitely go back to if I had the chance and ability.
I enjoyed working at G4S and the variety of places to work.
CPO SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 22, 2017
I really like the variety if places to work with G4S. If something did not fit your schedule they worked it with a site that did. I was able to see many things I haven't before working with this company.
great company
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIJuly 21, 2017
great company with tons of available overtime. The job is easy to learn and pick up on. There is a high turnover in employees, but mainly if you can walk and use a computer the job is generally very easy.
Entry Level Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 21, 2017
This is a great entry level security position and it was very accommodating when it came to completing schoolwork. There was a significant amount of downtime and I was able to keep up with my studies.
Pros
Significant amount of Downtime
Cons
Significant amount of Downtime
great place
Customs Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 20, 2017
Great place to start employment if your currently in college and is looking for a steady job. The company offers flexible schedules and helps their employees.
Cons
Highly Technical work environment.
Shift Supervisor & Labor, Scheduling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 20, 2017
A very fast paced working environment. A highly transparent but relevant security team infused with a culture that compliments the clients needs. The supervisory team is a highly trained management work force that is meticulous in every policy and procedure. Pin point accuracy in every action taken in any system that the supervisory team compliments.
Pros
Fast paced work environment.
Cons
No real benefits, pay raises or forward advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval