G4S
1,042 reviews

G4S Employer Reviews

Great job more pay
security officer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 24, 2014
love working with people would like more per hour. Great hours, My supervisor is Great, and the company we are contracted by treats us great.
Professional company, good work environment
Critical Facility Officer (Current Employee), Hopewell, NJNovember 24, 2014
Pros: clean, professional work environment. decent pay
Cons: mediocore benefits and little room for advancement
Management is great, pay is OK for what we do, not backbreaking work, but you will need to think and pay attention. Teamwork is a must here since everyone must work together for the job to run smooth.Overall it is a good work environment, but do not expect to move up quickly there is very little room for advancement.
Great work place
Security Officer (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 20, 2014
G4S is a great place It seems that you have more advantage to move up. The people are great and helpful. My Coworkers are wonderful people and also helpful
Avoid this place
Security Officer (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLNovember 19, 2014
Cons: pay, work hours
Worst employer ever.....they always mess up your paycheck, schedule could be 18hr shift if no one shows up because the road captain refuses to work.They do not maintain thier equipment but then if it breaks while you are in pocession then they blame you.
Excellent
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNNovember 18, 2014
Just started working for this company and so far there are no complaints what so ever. Great group of people to work with and the management looks out for their personnel whether its personnel or professional.
Injoyed working for the company
security guard (Former Employee), Columbai MONovember 18, 2014
Pros: flexable
Cons: working at night
Good people to work for. Cold in the winter doing foot patrols outside.
Love working with the kids
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee), Okeechobee FLNovember 18, 2014
The job is enjoyable and a learning experience. You meet different youths of different races, and personalities. The youths learn from and you learn from them as well. Being able to become a role model from troubled youths is a honor. The hardest part of the job is driving to okeechobee florida.
Enjoyed working with others. Fellow employees were honest
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Danbury, CTNovember 17, 2014
Pros: management attempted to allow flexibility in work hours
Cons: no holiday time, poor 403 program
Excellent management. However benefits offered by company were poor. I was granted descretion in my duties and never felt I was micro-managed. Weekly web meetings were held with sites from around the country participating. Group and individual needs were discussed
Sucks bad place to work
CPO Security Officer (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 16, 2014
Bad company to work for the staff is terrible to work with. the supervisor I had had an ego trip. he did care about any one.
Unprofessional management.
guard (Former Employee), westchester ilNovember 16, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: unprofessional and non-empathetic management. expensive health benefits
I won't go into detail, but when you make it known that you can't work a certain day from the beginning, it shouldn't be the cause of you being separated from the company.
Don't Waste your time
Officer (Current Employee), Charleston SCNovember 13, 2014
Cons: healthcare, management, benfeits
Where to begin. Lets first start with a company that claims they have benefits, but they don't. They offer no retirement program. They h ave a 401K which they don't match a dime. Secondly the leadership is there for themselves and not the officers. Only place I know that can have numerous write-ups sent to their headquarters the leaders are still in – more... place – less
Keep looking you can do better! Much better! Amazon is a mess
Security Officer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 12, 2014
Pros: i cant name one
Cons: your whole body will hurt
A typical day at work- First off the louisville Office Staff . Burnt Out / Bitter / Rude

At the jeffersonville Amazon site - On the G4S side of things EXPECT 8 + Hours on your feet standing in one place not able to sit down at all. No Training, Unprofessional / Un Caring managers whom have no time to train or care. AMAZON staff that you service / You – more... will deal with some great employees at Amazon and also Many who are rude mainly due to temporary status, too many work hours and being grossly underpaid for their job. Thus making THEFT a huge risk to your job! And since constant theft happens, IF the Thief / Thieves make it through your check point YOU are to blame every time! Even though you are not trained properly by g4s site supervision! But since you cannot put your hands on anyone to pat them down or properly search or even touch their personal items, yea your going to be blamed allot for allot of things!! ---> Typical security catchall write off / blame pass game.

what you learned - Are their any good, wholesome security company's left in the USA? Where are all the honest security professionals?

management- Poor

your co-workers- A classic security staff mix of OCD, Paranoia and general unhireable at normal jobs bottom of the barrel Weirdo’s, Mixed with one or two people who actually are professional and of course does most of the work. ( In Reality they are being taken advantage of. )

the hardest part of the job- Not enough rest and no switching out sitting posts with standing so that staff can re fresh.

- A site supervisor thats next to impossible to get along with. short tempered , nasty and rapid mood changes. Foul Language, You get the picture

the most enjoyable part of the job- I have found none - perhaps minimum wage pay for the first 24 hours on post / plus 2
training days of your check?. And no the louisville office did not mention that in interview. they should.

*Main office G4S louisville trainer was great. Very helpful man 20 plus years experience. – less
This job has to be only a stop gap measure in your life !
Transport Officer (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 12, 2014
Pros: it's a paycheck in an economy where no one is really hiring.
Cons: all other parts of this company is a negative or a con.
Management is the one who makes the big bucks. Anyone else gets nothing out of this job but a paycheck. No real increases per year, health insurance more expensive than Obamacare, no benefits other than your earned vacation, no advancement to speak of. The only reason you would work for this sorry operation is to pay your bills, not make a career. Forced – more... overtime, no matter what your plans might be. Pay you "training pay" when you are forced to attend Saturday or Sunday "training", which is $7.50/hour. Discipline is harsh and swift with no real chance of appealing your reprimand/suspension. You are in the wrong no matter who was at fault. The "client" is always right.....even when they are wrong ! If you decide to work for this company the effort you put forth will not be recognized in any meaningful way. Working for this circus of a company should only be to keep from ending up homeless. That's my take. – less
Security
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Tukwila, WANovember 10, 2014
Great Company. I worked 12 hours shifts. My co workers were friendly. the hardest part of the job was staying busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was being in a vehicle for 12 hours
Productive woek place
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCNovember 10, 2014
I enjoy working for G4S.I have a great working enviornment.
Working for gas money basically
Upscale security officer (Current Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 9, 2014
Pros: easy job, its a job
Cons: no lunch break, pay, commute, benefits
I've been with this company for about 6 months. It's an easy job. Can be extremely boring at times. They don't care about employees, only important thing is that they have a body at a post. Terrible pay. Terrible benefits. Only good thing about this company is that the work is fairly easy and that's about it. There's a lot of down time, that can be – more... a pro or a con. They place u at the furthest available post, even if its one close by u. My commute is 45 mins one way, when there was an available post 10 mins from my home.?? – less
Poor leadership and very poor management.
CPO (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 7, 2014
Cons: lazy, hire anyone with a pulse, not professional at all.
The "company" keeps you on the hook and does not keep you updated on anything. I visited the HQ several times with poor information. After being hired, 5 weeks and still no contact, guard card or any work. The business is in over their head with no ability to adapt and run a "global"
business. Not professional at all!
Horrible experience
Security Officer (Former Employee), Rock Hill, South CarolinaNovember 7, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: harassment, disrespect, no job security
I've felt harassed at work places before, add in disrespected and objectified and you pretty much have my experience here. I politely kept the job until I found a better option, in retail.
Main office is to far away(53 miles) to experience workers needs for compensation.
Upscaled Security Officer (Former Employee), Albany, NYNovember 7, 2014
Pros: hard working management, but not enough work sites for employees.
Cons: limited job sites
Very limited job sites within realistic travel distance from residence to job site (Gas cost & wear/tear on your vehicle) is not compensated by pay rate you receive.
Change is in the air...
Therapist (Former Employee), Alexander, ARNovember 4, 2014
You work. A lot. No raises. Maybe a bonus at the end of the year. But the kids make it worthwhile.

1 2 3 4 5

About G4S

G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The – Read more