G4S Employee Reviews

Found 2,828 reviews matching the search
Disorganized
Upscale Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Management at area office going through changes to no one knows what to expect. Sites and work becoming few and far between. Turnover is bad. Experienced much discourse at one site. Did learn new methods and worked well with most coworkers. Last site I worked was busy but laid back.
Cons
little advancement. low benefits. No mangement communidcation.
Great Enviornment and People
Administrative Assistant / Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 16, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. I made a lot of friends working here.The most enjoyable part of my job was being a productive 19 year old in a hospital with people that are older than me
Sub standard culture.
Detention Officer | DHS (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2017
This organization requires a reboot. Poor internal culture and lack of positive reinforcement from the leadership. Explore your options before you decide to join this company.
Pros
Cons
no healthcare, poor leaders, disorganized culture.
Poor management, low pay for work case load and amount of travel involved, no loyalty or job security no matter how long yor tenure
Investigator (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 16, 2017
No loyalty provided towards the employee's. Poor management and lack of professionalism by all management. Days begin at 5-6am and run until the case is complete no matter how long it takes which can be as long as 15 hours. Pay does not cover what they ask for and anyone thinking of working for this company had better be ready for the extensive travel and poor pay unless they negotiate a large salary to cover the time they expect you to work.
Lying, poor treatment of employees
Customs Protection Officer/supervisor (Current Employee) –  Etna, OHJanuary 16, 2017
The office constantly lied about what they were doing, never sent out the proper staff the site required. Ops manage failed to pay officers correctly and lied about his mistakes. Over work of officers and supervisers because relief could not be provided. Great company if you're looking for overtime you won't be paid for.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Everything see above
Amazing company. They really strive to hire the most adequate personel and it shows with great workplace communication and dedication.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Moundsville, WVJanuary 14, 2017
This company helped me advance in a very short period of time to the nicest site available in our area by recognizing my enthusiasm and effort in writing reports and conducting patrols. The chain of command was always willing to help resolve any issues that came up. Overall a great company to work for and the training they provide is very in-depth and pertinent to the job at hand.
Pros
Paid training, uniforms provided, local job placement.
Cons
You may start out at some undesirable sites but with good hard work advancement will occur.
Always busy
Sercurity Officer (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 13, 2017
Always expect the unexpected. Meet people of all cultures.
Patience truck drivers have bad days just like everyone else
management is very helpful coworkers are a team we have one another back. The weather is the hardest. Most enjoyable part of the
job is you make really good friends with people that brighten your day when you see them
Pros
never boring
Cons
weather
positive workplace
Security Officer Protect (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 13, 2017
good company positive environment the people are professional and highly skilled. the benefits are in line with most other companies and most of locations are within a reasonable distance from your home.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
weird hours
ok
Flex Officer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 13, 2017
The job is good at times when they don't run you into the ground. Make sure you know what you are doing. The company is good..
good place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 13, 2017
I like it I am treated well. I have worked 7 diff. job sights. but I only want one. The hardest part of the job is to remember the stuff I learned at each one . some times I don't return to a sight for a few weeks or so , some times a month later. I have keys, IDs to a few locations, incase I am needed. I need one location only.
Easy, laid back job with good coworkers. Horrible management though.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAJanuary 12, 2017
A typical work day goes smoothly. I just talk to my partner until a truck comes in or out and I check the trucker's trailer out. I learned nothing at my job. My management for the most part is horrible. They have a hard time getting payroll right and they refuse to fire someone unless they are personally offended by a guard. For the most part my co-workers are the best co-workers I have had at a job. My most enjoyable part of my job is talking to my partner(s) at work.
Pros
Above average pay, fun co-workers, and a lot of free time
Cons
Horrible management and trucker's are not the kindest or smartest clients to work with
Fast paced working enviroment
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 12, 2017
G4S was a fast paced working environment. There was always a great amount of work that needed to completed. I started there as Administrative assistant and worked my way up to Payroll Specialist. I was given many task. I was responsible for over more than 500 employees payroll. It was my responsibility to maintain the employees happy and the clients. I also was responsible for HR duties. I managed orientation, benefits, FMLA and any other type of leave that was needed.
Could be better
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJanuary 12, 2017
This is for a healthcare facility review. The healthcare staff does NOT follow their policy and gets upset when you enforce it that's when rumors run back and forth and Management has trust issues. Sometimes co-workers feel to much power because they been there longer or they will not relieve another personnel from post if someone is running late due to anything. This workplace could be better if they had their field supervisors checking on the staff more often. Micro management is awful and I personally don't like it. But sometimes it's needed. It's decent pay and good for a temporary job, most personnel don't last more than 5 months. Oh, and payroll is a hustle to deal with, when you need to correct their mistake.
Pros
steady pay
Cons
High cost work insurance, poor management
Armed officer (Current Employee) –  n/aJanuary 12, 2017
long day,no support not enough work management does not care in too me not enough money and most enjoyable part is trying too find another job
Pros
not enough work
Cons
not enough work
Fast paced company.
Youth Care Worker II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33604January 11, 2017
This is a decent company. Offers different benefit options. Exciting, ever changing fast paced environment. Option to enter into a lunch program.
Awesome work place
Up Scale Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCJanuary 11, 2017
Patrol area of assignment , keep log in order, hand over pass down notes, keep compound secure and deal with any situation that may come around
Pros
Great co works
Cons
Weather
Ok place to start off
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2017
Based of contracts. If the contract is over then you have to look for another site to go to. Most sites are too far. They need to do better with placing people.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Work not promised
n/A
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 10, 2017
not a fun place to work but I make good money because I work a lot of hours. they take advantage of everyone and do not care if you have a life or other plans you already are engaged to. They expect you to answer the phone all the time and be available for everything they want you for and travel all over the place and use your own vehicle and gas. They do not stick to heir promises and will tell you what ever they can to get you to work somewhere and what ever hours they want you to work.
Pros
good money
Cons
Contract Security depending on where you live
Upscale Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85034January 10, 2017
I been with this company over two years and is technically my first job. My typical work day is I guard a college campus where I graduated from so I really like it. Management wise it depends on where you live. Here in Phoenix the people in the office are nice with kick back attitudes, and will do what they can so you get the position you want. Overall my co-works were awesome, ran into a few bad eggs, but overall they are nice and professional. Since its a contract security you get paid on depending where you get placed and based on your education if you have police, or military experience or a masters or bachelors degree. You get paid from $10.30 to $19.50 or more depending where your placed at
Pros
excellent co-workers, management is okay, pay is okay
Cons
no breaks depending on where you at
Not a hard gig depending on your post, but the company is ran like a cattle ranch.
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 9, 2017
Depending on where you are posted, what exactly your post requires you do to do, and where exactly your working it can have it's ups and downs. I work in a pretty sweet area, but management is staffed by degenerates. It's like having a toddler who gives you directions via glue, paper, and macaroni. I'm sincerely appalled by management here in Phoenix and how they just transplant people with zero experience into positions of authority. Worst supervisors ever, even in the military and I saw some real choice people in charge, but this is beyond comprehension, almost like people running the region don't care, or don't know what they're doing.

It's a stepping stone job, don't be fooled by what they try and sell you at the main offices.
Pros
Great pay depending on your post.
Cons
Absolutely everything, avoid this company unless you have the vaccine for BS.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.