G4S Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,525 reviews matching the search
Avoid like the plague.
Security Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 25, 2016
A new security company that took over contract. Took existing hours towards vacation and dumped them. Unrealistic job expectations.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 25, 2016
Good place to work. The work is good work. Potential for overtime if desired and lots of advancement and promotions. Sometimes the work will interfere with your life or plans but that is the nature of this type of job. Good benefits are offered here, paid vacation. health insurance etc.
Loved my post, but low paying
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 25, 2016
Worked an awesome post for 5+ years and loved it. Was sad I had to quit to get a higher paying job. I have seen plenty of higher paying postings now though.
Interactive and diverse workplace
Customs Protection Officer/Armed (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 24, 2016
Fast paced, non routine, challenging, self - efficient, great, networking environment. Overtime is always available and the ability to work in a diverse, professional culture is stimulating.
High energy work place. Gray area when it comes to policy and procedure. Overtime available. Poor balance between work life and home.
Youth Care Worker II (Current Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 24, 2016
The best part about the job is working with the youth that we are there to service. Everyone is out for self. There is no real since of teamwork.
Problems from start to finish.
Team Lead (Patrol / Console Operator) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77092August 23, 2016
This company will start ok but once you go to your job site you will be thrown around and tossed into a high school gossip environment. Unless you become your managers best friend don't expect time off, vacation, or even a shift that you like. I am on year 4 of being stuck on nights and my requests to change and transfer have been blocked.
Pros
Cons
No benefits worth the hellish work enviroment.
The pay was decent
CPO (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 23, 2016
Crazy hours but decent pay. Don't expect to have a life working there. Not stressful and slow moving days. They act too much like the military but all in all, it was ok
Diverse environments with great co-workers
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 22, 2016
G4S has been very good to me, because I'm the kind of person who enjoys not knowing what the day could hold in store, and the need be aware and prepared for sudden changes to the daily task. Also the people I've met within this company have always treated me as family and with the respect I would want from my co-workers.
Pros
Different professional aspects and learning opportunites
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 22, 2016
The best part of my job was the opportunities for advancement. Clean and friendly work space and co workers. The hardest part of my day was staying awake. I worked the overnight shift.
Productive and fun work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 21, 2016
Always take in the knowledge each job presents you, and always network with like minded individuals, for knowledge is power.
Pros
Learn alot on the jobs
Cons
lack of managerial support
N/a
Security Officer GE PTO (Current Employee) –  Peebles, OH 45660August 21, 2016
Not a good place of employment. Low pay with no incentives, or raises/promotions. Unqualified/Incompetent management. On a good note very good coworkers.
cheap outfit that has huge turnover
upscale security guard (Former Employee) –  tampa flAugust 19, 2016
No 401 k ,hours cut after first week,physically and verbally abused by patient at hospital with no support from mgnt,no regular schedule,harrassed by female coworker
Pros
Cons
no decent healthcare
Work
Custom Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, MSAugust 19, 2016
G4S is a great job for the experience if you need a job I would recommend this job to anyone who is motivated to work. The management is great they will work with you and make you feel like a team
Pros
management care
It was a job
Transportation Security Officer (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHAugust 19, 2016
It was a pleasant work environment and I got along with everyone. A typical day included watching for abnormalities in shipments and observing personnel while departing to protect against thief
Fun place to work, great employees.
Security Screener/Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 17, 2016
Fun place to work, you could be placed at different sites if needed and that is good to learn more! Managers and co-workers were great!
A good company to work for.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 17, 2016
I enjoined the years I worked for them. I liked all of my co-workers. I learned about having patients. I enjoyed the inter action with the employees. A typical day was checking IDS and patrolling inside building.The management did not come around to check the site often enough.
Security Supervisor
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAAugust 17, 2016
Security Supervisor in charge of 30+ officers each night.I learned how to manage, and be a leader for my team. I met some great people working for G4S.
Pros
Good bosses
Cons
Work was boring, Managment sucks
n/a
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 16, 2016
It's an awesome company. They are helpful, fun, kind people to be around. A lot of opportunities and they do not discriminate, they will hire anyone.
Fun workplace
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mandan, NDAugust 15, 2016
Management was nice and loved working with my team. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customer service part and helping out people in need. A typical day at work includes patrols, talking to everyone who enters the refinery.
Pros
only working 3 to 4 days a week
Cons
working weekends and long days
what I learned in training and on the job is like day and night
Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  Command Center at the Court HouseAugust 12, 2016
Dont Come here, You will be sorry. More management problems. Serious turnover. Most Spanish employees worked in the court house in the daytime while employees of color worked mid or night shift. One or two employees of color met the CQ
Pros
Pay was alright for the bull...you had to put up with from certain Supervisors.
Cons
Rules are not for everyone especially if you are sleeping with management