G4S Employee Reviews

Found 3,251 reviews matching the search
nice
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  delawareMay 25, 2017
I just started but it seems like a good place to be. there is room to move up but they understand this cant be your whole life it is a place that can be a job or a career just need to make it so.
Productive work place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 25, 2017
Great hiring process, works with your schedule, and has a great work environment. The staff is usually nice, but depending on where you work sometimes the people you work with aren't.
I love my supervisor and superiors, very friendly people.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Nederland, TXMay 25, 2017
I wish my job wasn't temporary because I love it and the people I work for. Very laid back office environment. I get to be the first friendly face you see when you walk in the door and I love working with people so it works out very well.
Average Day
Upscale Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Nederland, TX 77627May 24, 2017
On an average day you could work up to six different post. Experience really did not mean a thing at the Plant I worked at. Initiative was frowned upon and when new management took over the same things were happening. When I resigned the turnover rate was already at 75% over a6 month period. Not a good place to work.
Pros
Free food sometimes.
Cons
Management was inept.
Needs to hire better site management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 24, 2017
The management at the site I have been posted are of very poor quality. There are constantly issues with scheduling and receiving pay for actual hours worked. They promise a certain schedule and within weeks your schedule changes.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor site management
Good place to start, but not a career job
Fire Marsha (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 24, 2017
I enjoyed my time with G4S, The people that I worked with made it enjoyable. However, as far as a permanent career move, it is not a good fit for someone with up-ward ambitions. The job assignment I had, working in an automotive plant, was not difficult and presented moderate challenges that made some days interesting. But, the constant turn-over, comparatively lower pay, lack of benefits and no chance to move up led me to go else where.
Pros
Good starting place for EMT, Fire or Law-Enforcement
Cons
no advancement, low pay, no benefits
Its a nice place to work
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Roselle, NJMay 24, 2017
Friendly, fun place that caters to employees. They encourage people to succeed and dont settle for less. Be at the right place, at the right time and in the right uniform, you should be fine.
Lucrative business, but low pay
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 24, 2017
I worked hear for five years and had a good experience. If you make 13 and hour hear, your lucky, however there is usually overtime available if your willing to work nights and weekends.
Pros
Stable work
Cons
Insurance is to expensive and a lot of weekend and nights work.
Good Company
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 23, 2017
Good company to work for. Enjoying working with current leadership. They work to ensure your aware of all requirements and don't allow you to work a post until you have been trained.
Pros
Pay
Great for entry level persons desireing to work with at-risk adolescents
Youth Care Worker 2 / Group Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 23, 2017
Depending on the facilities management team employees have the opportunity to grow from hands on experience, staff mentors, and supportive co-workers. G4S Youth Services has the potential to develop future leaders within behavioral health based on their services offered but growth as an employee is totally dependent on the person. In my opinion, you must have a willingness to work, abide by policies, and work within reason to benefit the client.
Keeping a stable envirement
Security (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 22, 2017
Filling our duties on a everyday basis. Making sure that your task was taken care at the end of the day.Helping costumer get comfortable with out company.
ups and down
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 22, 2017
i love the company i am stationed with, longest employment ever. I just dislike the supervisor over the dayton area. very very non negotiable, mean, not understanding and dont want to help anyone and just rude. Im just glad my contract has a site supervisor that we deal with before going to the area manager mark wysong
Pros
great contracts, great pay
Cons
area manager mark wysong is not a nice man
good job
Customs Protection Officer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL 33487May 21, 2017
g4s is a decent company to work for. your environment can either be good or bad depending on the site you work and your postion. i would recomment g4s to someone seeking job security or need a company to work for after retirement from a career
ok place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 20, 2017
Overall I liked working with the crew I was with. The client treated us well. The only fault i had with the is that they could not keep the staffing up. We were always short officers.
Pros
decent pay good site manager
Cons
low staffing levels
not what they claim
Security Operations Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 20, 2017
G4s is what you make of it, although when they took over the contract i was on they made things alot worse. lost 10 people to resignation in a 2 month time span
You will find good, but not great
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 19, 2017
Compensation and management could be better. Overtime is offer or mandated. Don't ask for a raise, you won't get it! Fairness across the board....no! I've seen 20 officers get a higher raise than supervisors.
its ok
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 19, 2017
its and ok job they give you great hours the secluding is horrible though but other then that its not to bad. if you are not willing to work ong hours this may not be the job for you
Pros
money
Cons
holiday work and hours
No concern for workers
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Clyde, OHMay 18, 2017
One raise in 3 years, failure to follow their contract of even pay with guards at manufacturing side. Manager hired her best friend, and then conveniently changed her schedule even though it affected afternoons ability to do their job. Company we were contacted through kept increasing our workload, yet refused to give us raises
Pros
Consistent schedule
Cons
Too many to list
Unfair treatment
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 18, 2017
they want to have no life if you got kids not a great place to work. when you have an emergency come up they don't want you to take off but let something happen to their family and they quick to run. they don't give you all your equipment needed for the job but what you to do the job. Poor management the supervisor don't know how to talk to their employees.
Security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAMay 18, 2017
Management is poor. Pay rate is okay, but it can be way better than how much the pay and the amount of work they give the officers. Too many unnecessary rules.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval