G4S Employee Reviews

Great Work place
PROJECT MANAGER SECURITY TRAINING INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2017
competitive work environment., management looks out for the wellbeing of it employees. Good benefits packages, with discounts at multiple different companies that comes with the job.
You will not get the hours promised
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 9, 2017
I was offered a job at a specific site and even had a separate interview for it. It would have been 48 hours a week, but I was told that even if I didn't get the posting, I would still be able to work as much as I want working flex shifts. After a couple weeks of not hearing back about the posting,I moved to flex shifts but can only get a shift every couple of weeks.Management doesn't seem to care about much of anything.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No work
Terrible
Site Supervisor/Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New London, WINovember 9, 2017
I can't speak for every G4S site but I am more than happy to write about the Hillshire/Tyson Site. I started out as a part time Officer. Immediately right off the bat i was working 70+ hours a week. I was working more hours than the full time staff yet i was told i can't receive paid vacation because I am not a "Full time staff member". I've been working there since November(2016) and no one told me this information until June(2017). So when i switched to a full time contract they then told me i could not receive a paid vacation until the next year in June(2018). In September they fired my Supervisor while he was on "vacation" for a surgery. And they offered me his job before they told him he was fired. I didn't want the promotion because I knew that I would be docked in pay ($14 an hour isn't what you'll actually make) but they informed me that if I refuse to take the job that the client would "terminate the contract". So I took the job. The client has created a double standard. They gave us a 30 day deadline to "improve" or they would terminate the contract. Now, you need to understand that Tyson doesn't want Security Officers they want secretaries. It's cheaper to hire Security Officers and have us do Shipping/Receiving/Quality Assurance/Maintenance/Payroll/Human resources work and pay them $11 an hour rather than to hire qualified individuals and pay them $16 an hour. The second you or one of your subordinates makes a mistake they will complain, demand a meeting with you, and threaten the contract. They also refuse to give you a raise because you're "not worth the investment".  more... I told my leadership about this and told them there was a double standard. Shipping/Receiving make mistakes and make it difficult to keep up with the demands. I was told specifically by my leadership that if I defend my subordinates I will face "critical consequences". I can't prove it but i believe that is why the supervisor before me was fired. G4S and the client have turned this site into a toxic work environment and that is why I am leaving. BTW even now as a supervisor I still don't get paid vacation.

-Former Site Supervisor
Pros
subordinates are loyal
Cons
G4S will not defend you
Its good place to have exicirse your body
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  QatarNovember 9, 2017
G4s is a good company but mangers and all memembers on high they practise discrimination in the conpany so due to this to much figting of the staffs like everyday
Pros
There is nothing like free in uno
Cons
Healthcare it was ok
Interaction with customers
Security Officer and Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 8, 2017
Checked in guests and employees. Filed paperwork. Viewed cameras. Drove employees to different buildings. Walked the grounds and interior of the buildings.
Relax atomphere
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCNovember 8, 2017
Good place to work. Made sure the google compound was secure at all time. Work around the clock. Good pay. Many positions throughout the day to work at.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Some positions are bored
Overworked
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 8, 2017
The managers I had were excellent to work for. The hours that were demanded of us were unsustainable for the week upon week of 80 hour plus. Enjoyed the work but could not handle the stress!
Pros
Great management
Cons
Poor compensation and terrible work hours
NormalJob
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 8, 2017
Typical day at work
Pay not sufficient for job description
The hardest part of the job dealing with suicidal patients
Most enjoyable is interacting with staff and clients
Custom Protection Officer
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 8, 2017
I hate that indeed forces us to do a review of a job to apply for other jobs. This should not be mandatory it should be optional. I hated working for G$S It was not a ggod job.
Under Paid
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2017
G4S doesn't pay well at all. They have you do all this work for very little pay and their benefits suck. I just lost my grandfather and they don't give paid bereavement days. I been here five years and we don't have paid sick days and only get a week of vacation.
pleasant place to work
Customs Protection Officer, Captain (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 7, 2017
Provide protection to the property, buildings, grounds and personnel of a client. Conduct routine patrols via foot, vehicle, security checks, and report any violations to security. To review, write and submit various reports.
review
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2017
work was basically the same everyday signing in people making sure building was safe and secure. co workers are very young and immature a lot of politics.
Pros
seeing a lot of people
Cons
waking up
Transportation Officer (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXNovember 6, 2017
A typical day at work would have to be :
get to work clock in check what traffic was out there, grab your equipment such as the first aid kit, a trax phone, neon jacket. Depending on what route we take, we start by heading to the border patrol office to see if they are gonna need us in any way. we pick up the detainees and transport then to their designed location. we travel out of town then back to town maybe once or even up to 3 times a day. I have learned that there is no one you can trust but yourself, because even if you do your job well you never know if you will have it the following day. Management will always have its favorites, no one can discredit that.. The hardest part of the work is leaving your family not knowing what disease you might bring into your household.
The most enjoyable part of this job was that I got to meet a lot of wonderful people along my 9 years.
Pros
our bosses were not around 24/7
Cons
was in contact with all walks of nature w/o knowing
responsibility
Upscale Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 6, 2017
observation and reporting

other information is confidential; may be gathered from website.

personal interviews may reveal non-confidential information.
Dead end job
Custom protection officer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 6, 2017
No place for advancement. typical dead end job, The pay is ok, but looking to do something else, I'm typically looking for another field in general. I am a retired law enforcement officer, and willing to try new things if given the opportunity.
ok job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32225November 6, 2017
started out OK and once you get into the work area things started to change, send you to different classes but the money came out of your payroll so the more classes less money
Pros
walk alot
Cons
not enough money
Horrible Job/Management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DENovember 6, 2017
You see who gave this company good reviews right.? The people who want to try to get you to work for them.! This is a horrible company.! They are so unorganized it doesn't make any sense. All they do is lie and want you to work while the supervisors sit around and does nothing.! They don't care about your personal life. They will send you to a site to work you don't know who to talk to what to do you. if you call them they tell you to fend for yourself or wait until somebody comes and ask them. Then act like they don't know what you're talking about. No advancement in the company. Should pay more for all the stuff they want you to do.!
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Its a job
Customs Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 5, 2017
G4S is a good place to start if you just need a quick job to have money coming in, but as far as it being a career, that's not a possibility for me. The location I am at is very laid back and extremely boring. If you are okay with sitting around and having absolutely nothing to do, than this might be good for you. Leadership is very very poor quality here. You do not have to have any extra qualifications to be a supervisor here. They will take anyone to have a warm body filling a slot.
Pros
Its a job and you get your hours.
Cons
Awful leadership
Was somewhat bored working with this company due to low salary and no advancement in 3 years employment.
Upscale Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2017
Training for a job site is ok but salary was low compared to cost of living.Was 3 years with the company but was not given any raise in salary and promotion in rank.
Pros
Cons
low salary
great supervisors
Security Supervisor/EMT (Former Employee) –  DeRidder, LANovember 3, 2017
paid training, career advancement, EMT training. great benefits and core. Paid online training for officers to advance positions, field manuals, online tests and bonuses for completion.
Pros
saint paul fire and marine insurance agency
Cons
parking spaces

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.