G4S
1,064 reviews

G4S Employer Reviews

Productive woek place
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCNovember 10, 2014
I enjoy working for G4S.I have a great working enviornment.
Working for gas money basically
Upscale security officer (Current Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 9, 2014
Pros: easy job, its a job
Cons: no lunch break, pay, commute, benefits
I've been with this company for about 6 months. It's an easy job. Can be extremely boring at times. They don't care about employees, only important thing is that they have a body at a post. Terrible pay. Terrible benefits. Only good thing about this company is that the work is fairly easy and that's about it. There's a lot of down time, that can be – more... a pro or a con. They place u at the furthest available post, even if its one close by u. My commute is 45 mins one way, when there was an available post 10 mins from my home.?? – less
Poor leadership and very poor management.
CPO (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 7, 2014
Cons: lazy, hire anyone with a pulse, not professional at all.
The "company" keeps you on the hook and does not keep you updated on anything. I visited the HQ several times with poor information. After being hired, 5 weeks and still no contact, guard card or any work. The business is in over their head with no ability to adapt and run a "global"
business. Not professional at all!
Horrible experience
Security Officer (Former Employee), Rock Hill, South CarolinaNovember 7, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: harassment, disrespect, no job security
I've felt harassed at work places before, add in disrespected and objectified and you pretty much have my experience here. I politely kept the job until I found a better option, in retail.
Main office is to far away(53 miles) to experience workers needs for compensation.
Upscaled Security Officer (Former Employee), Albany, NYNovember 7, 2014
Pros: hard working management, but not enough work sites for employees.
Cons: limited job sites
Very limited job sites within realistic travel distance from residence to job site (Gas cost & wear/tear on your vehicle) is not compensated by pay rate you receive.
Change is in the air...
Therapist (Former Employee), Alexander, ARNovember 4, 2014
You work. A lot. No raises. Maybe a bonus at the end of the year. But the kids make it worthwhile.
security officer
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), charleston scNovember 3, 2014
I secured buildings and some banks. I liked it alot. But due to medical reasons i had to leave.
Known Company
Critical Facility Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 2, 2014
Interacting with visitors and employees from different parts of the world. Continuing to be mindful of others and securing all restricted areas as directed. Communicating with my team mates which make my job that much more enjoyable. I believe the hardest part of this job would be not being able to communicate with my supervisors or manangement team – more... to keep them notified on whats goin on at the work place which is very rare since management is very eay to talk to. – less
Don't work here!!!!!! Dallas Texas office
Security (Former Employee), DallasNovember 1, 2014
Cons: management and human resources
I was harassed multiple times. Took it to HR once and they didn't do anything. There was no point of going to HR and informing her of the other constant harassing situations.
Management will insult and harass you until you snap so they can fire you.

Again HR won't do anything!!!!!

You will never move up you will only stay as a security officer. I – more... met a few officers who have worked for the company for over 10 years and they never got offered a higher position.

You have to be a top notch snitch to move up, that's what the site supervisor from Addison tx did. – less
No room for advancement
Security Officer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 31, 2014
Pros: work hours are good
Cons: health care is not good at all
No room for growth and advancement. It is a job that offers very liitle room for growth and advancement.
Youth Academy for troubled teenagers
Paraprofessional Aide/Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), Avon Park, FLOctober 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch, working with youth to give them encouragement to better their life
Cons: breach of contract unsafe enviroment
This facility has a capacity to house over 300 youths and requires all protocol to be professional and precise. My experience with this facility was the supervisor in charge were breaking the rules making it an unsafe environment.
Not my cup of tea.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee), Aurora, COOctober 29, 2014
I was personally unhappy with this job. The management team was unorganized and very unprofessional. The hours were ridiculous as well as the inability to move into a leadership position as a woman.
G4S
Security Officer (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 27, 2014
Working with G4S for the BASF Plant is Gesmiar I learned how to have more patience with rude people and poor managemnet a typical day at the basf plant was like any other day you just never knew what was expected .
i like to fish and shoot pool, play cards and dominoes.
Flex Officer (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: i take a 30 minute lunch everyday, and bring my own lunch from home.
Cons: and take two 15 minutes breaks.
i work every day with a positive attitude, a smile on my face, because at the end of the day i leave my problems at work and do not take them home.
Not the best place to work
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYOctober 22, 2014
Just wouldn't recommend it. Management and hours are all funny and very under paid.
slow
Security Officer (Current Employee), Wilder, KYOctober 20, 2014
no job advancement at G4S, no raises, only one week vacation after a year.
Dont apply for the Boca Raton office
Customs Protection Officer (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLOctober 17, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: no lunch break / management
Management is terrible and focused on only trying to make as much money off the client as possible. They do not care about their employees and will screw you out of hours. You also have no lunch break and have to try and eat during your shift.
....
Security Officer/ Team Lead (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2014
Love the job but not much room for advancements. High turn over rate
Security
SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 15, 2014
My typical day at work would consist of pick up phone calls. Manage Entry of the vehicle coming in and out of the building. I have a consistent responsibility to keep teamwork working as his max potential. The hardest part of my job is to keep up with any type of weather change. The best part of my job is helping people. I am always willing to give – more... a good costumer services. – less
Grave shift
Security Guard (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2014
Cons: long shifts, and crabby people
I worked the grave shift and it was pretty boring. I learned that drunk people are pretty easy to deal with when treating them with respect. My co-workers were good people that were just working a job. I want a career.

About G4S

G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The – Read more