G4S
1,270 reviews

G4S Employee Reviews

The Company is good to work for.
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAMay 7, 2015
For the most part we all worked well as a team.
helping each other to get the job done as needed
and covering shifts when someone could not work for some personal reason.
Helping each other creates a pleasant work environment.
I am thankful to the manager for keeping me with a job as they were able for 14 years.
Worst Security Company Ever.
Custom Protections Officer (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 5, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Management
This place is a wreck I cannot recommend this company for anyone. I feel sorry for the people that still work there. Management is terrible and incompetent.
Need more Supervisors
Security (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDMay 4, 2015
Pros: need to reconise employees
Cons: need to pay more
Supervisor needs to support employees Security officers need to be more reconised and have more pay raises and more than one week of vacation
better than the last one
Upscale Security Officer (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 3, 2015
Pros: relax good post
Cons: policy changes every 2 weeks
Get to post and there is nothing to do other than look at this green wall and stair at the computer screen cause they don't want you on the internet, if ask for days off you might get them or your schedule might change all the way around
A guard was treated as someone to blame.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 2, 2015
Pros: Helping guests
Cons: One break, heat in summer. Menard's management.
Fastpaced . Have to deal with changing weather. Management little to no help. Some hard workers. Guests are very demanding at times put also the most fun to be around.
Excellent contract security that offers growth
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Rutherford, NJMay 2, 2015
G4S is a very organized company with many benefits. They encourage team work abot corporate resposibility. They offer training foe the employees who are interested
Great Benefits, but job is very tough and challenging
Youth Care Worker- Transporter (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 29, 2015
Love the job for it's great benefits. But the job is very challenging, new employees come and go once they have figured out what the job entails. Always in overtime because of being short-staffed.
Place in not organized
Security Officer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 24, 2015
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: No sick days, poor management, unorganized, dont take of their people
I worked at two different G4S company's in two separate states, and same problem management is very unorganized no sick pay if you get sick,don't wont you to take time off, one of the better paying security company's but a pain to work for
Good company
ARMED SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee), New YorkApril 23, 2015
Good company.I have flexibility and I have the ability to work in different locations in Manhattan and the Bronx. I would recommend the company to others.
Terrible work enviroment, union, and management
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee), Radford, VAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Decent Pay
Cons: No breaks. Poor Healthcare, Unpredictable hours and schedules
Go in at a certain time but never know if you will leave on time. Co workers are full of drama. Rules only apply to the ones who are not in with management. Management only cares if positions are fill. not if employees are ok mentally and physically. Management could care less whether you get 8 hours of sleep before next shift. Has no compassion for employees or their families. Benefits were terrible and outrageously priced. The hardest part of the job was staying awake for 8+ hours with nothing to stimulate the brain. No electronics were allowed and even got in trouble for reading at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people who work inside the plant. They tried to make sure the guards were taken care of.
Great Company
Security Officer (Former Employee), Tobaccoville NCApril 22, 2015
I really enjoyed my job just not the fact that I would have to work all 3 shifts. With kids that is very hard to do. I also did not like the fact that it was hard to advance within the company. They would hire outside people instead of promoting from within.
some what of a good company to work for
Security Guard (Current Employee), Nashville-Davidson, TNApril 18, 2015
a typical day at work is basiclly in any bad whether meaning snow,rain etc writing in a report every hour and accessing entry to employees vistors co-workers are good to work with mangement not so good job is real easy can do it in your sleep
Nice Stepping Stone
Administrator (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIApril 14, 2015
With the highest entry level rate this is a nice place to start your career. Here you will learn the basics of security and there is room to advance your career in the facility.
good for veterans
Upscale Security Officer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 14, 2015
Pros: ok pay
Cons: its all about the bottom line for them.
will hire any prior military, I loved working there and I wish I could go back, great people and job wasn't too hard. The people are great but the big bosses don't care about anyone unless there is trouble.
It's Security
Security Guard (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 14, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
I wasn't able to remain within the company for long because my position was only temporary (holiday help). So I can't say much other than what I've witnessed and honestly, it wasn't that bad. Plain and simple. Not bad at all. Great place to start if you want to get into the security field.
the yard
Security Officer/ Team Lead (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2015
Great place to work. Learned so much while working here. Great co workers and supporting staff. Also great group of kids.
Good Job
Security Officer (Current Employee), Flint, MIApril 11, 2015
Its a good job unless your trying to go to school. They don't really work with you if you in school and working. The hours are good if your only working and not doing something else that affects work.
As a people person I find that people put a smile on my face and loving your job gives your best performance.
Unemployed Security Guard (Former Employee), Richmond, KYApril 10, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was being the best that I can be. When being a security guard you never know what will happen that day so its a challenge and heartwarming to help people. There is a lot of routine work as most jobs but the feeling of accomplishment is worth it all.
summary
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 7, 2015
Pros: insurance, meet all kinds of people
Cons: having to stand all day
G4S is a good security company. The mangers are professional, it is rewarding work. You also get to meet a wide range of people throughout the day.
Excellent place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee), Syracuse NYApril 4, 2015
Friendly environment and total support from Management, Team work is the goal for every body on post. Flexible schedule and good benefit.

About G4S

G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The – Read more

G4S Salaries