G4S
1,186 reviews

G4S Employer Reviews

G4S / Custom Protection Officer
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee), Delaware, OhioFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: g4s has posts all over this planet...and the usa.
Cons: pay could come up, position advancement.
G4S is like any other major Security company dedicated to Protective services. The use of Ex military, Ex Law enforcement Officers and individuals with some type of Criminology degree, helps to "weed out" individuals that use these type of jobs as a stepping stone to a more profitable job (sometimes even for an additional "buck" × hr.) * Remember "boys and girls", IT IS SECURITY... and it's all about you (NOT THE COMPANY) ..providing a Professional service to a customer that requires it...and that you accepted to provide regardless the monetary remuneration that was offered to you . I have been Lucky I guess, that I landed a Post in a Great facility were everybody is a professional (executives,supervisors,IT technicians and Security personnel) and on the hands of a Security site manager that cares for his people and the job.
Yeah...its 12 bucks x hr......but Look around you and then decide. ** One last word (guess I've said enough), If you are one of these "Boys and Girls"...that CRY when it's really COLD,HOT,RAINING,SNOWING outside and there is a Blizzard and have to patrol to DO YOUR JOB...well CRY on your way OUT....because ..THIS JOB IS NOT FOR YOU...!!!!! Good Luck and Happy trails to all.
I wouldn't suggest working for the San Fernando Valley Office
Custom Protection Officer (Former Employee), San Fernando ValleyFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: paid every week and u have a job
Cons: no advancement, no raises, poor management
I work at this company for about 2 years. I wouldn't suggest working in the San Fernando Valley because of management they are a joke! At my work site we would not get paid right at least once a month! You would have to wait 2 weeks to get your money you work for. Company plays favoritism for employees. The only way you see management at your work site is for them to give you negative feedback it was never positive!

If you complain to the office they wouldn't do anything! You can't complain to the HOT LINE because the management would retaliate against you and make your life miserable! I had two co workers complain and then the operations manager shows up at you site and starts harassing you! Co workers leave the company they don't last for more than a year.
Excellent workplace with a TV in the breakroom
Security Guard (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: working by myself and knowing i was doing an excellent job
Cons: working in extreme heat and cold and all sorts of weather
How to manage a major industrial building. This job did not include working with co-workers where I was really on my own to manage this facility. The hardest part was the walking of the premises and checking for unusual items.The most enjoyable was the freedom of just working by myself..
Long days of standing around kicking rocks
Resident Supervisor (Current Employee), Dilley, TexasFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: i can't really think of any
Cons: management
This is a military type environment where you are expected to meet the highest expectations, when you see other very unprofessional and immature behavior and are powerless to address these issues.

Office management is stuck on themselves and will not recruit anyone in a position where they fear will take their job. They Do not care of your experience or education and will offer you peanuts outside of this position in Dilley. Typical security guard mentality.
IN or KY beware
Security (Former Employee), LouisvilleFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: meet new people at the amazon locations
Cons: never leave on time, sometimes no breaks
This company is by far the worst companies I have ever worked for. They don't care if your a student so forget them working with you for anything. They maybe train you for a day then throw you into to it and if you screw up look forward to being treated like a dog. It's all about favorites no matter what location they sit you in. Now I know why there always hiring because they treat there employees like dogs
Love Working at G4S
Security Officer (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: very professional
Cons: need better advancement opportunties for upscale officers
I love working at G4S. I love the use of military and law enforcement personnel. I felt good working along men and women that had a dedication to duty and the job. This made it very enjoyable for me because I knew I was working with people that cared about each other and the job that we were tasked to do. I would love to see more opportunities for Upscale Officers, or the ability for them to be able to move up the ladder just as CPO's. I would like to see benefits become better. I also would like for them to stand by the policy that was stated when I started. Prior military and law enforcement. I am a seven year veteran of the Army and was not allowed to progress to CPO. Although I did not serve in a war, I still had experience in weapon training, while some of my peers only had college and no weapon training. That experience and training especially in these key areas should account for something. I love G4S and would work for them again because of it.
I really enjoyed working with the Company, Looking forward for another chance to be with them again and stay.
Traffic Patrol and Security officer (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: i was on my on, know one over me
Cons: being put at at boring site, and never being able to be an armed guard
Well when I first started with the company it was call Wackenhut Corporations. I enjoyed started out with Traffic Patrol .I learn how to deal with Traffic, and be patient with the customer's . Well I really wasn't managing anything. My Co-Workers was ok to work with at the time, and we really had a great time working with each other. The hardest part of the job was working in the snow, Sleet and rain. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Robbinsville, NJFebruary 7, 2015
Meet new people
Customer Service
Taking Notes
Documenting
G4S (Amazon)
Security Officer Robbinsville, NJ 2014
• Securing medal-detectors
• Entering data information in computers
• Checking alarms and walking building
• Securing the parking lot
• Providing resource information to employees
• Complete daily reports
i like the job it was good and well paying
Security Guard (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: it was really well paying job
Cons: they had me going to far sites
the job help me live better and helped me out with my family. i like that job alot but had to resign because of school and didnt wana be a flex officer
i dont know whats is this
security officer (Current Employee), harrisburg paFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: jm
Cons: n
ni dont know whats i have to put here this is my first time to see something like this
i working here security officer
patrol outbaund inbound watch cameras and more more
Bad bad bad bad bad bad
Slave (Former Employee), OhioJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: let me think......no pros!!!
Cons: everything about this company.
Never worked for a company as bad as this one. Worked in a guard shack with three other guards who talked like a bunch of drunks at a bar. Expected so much more from this company. And if you are not a computer wiz FORGET IT. And the main office I worked out of only had 3 posts within 100 miles!! What a joke.
-------DONT APPLY FOR THIS COMPANY------
Productive environment
Receptionist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: flexible team of employees
Cons: short breaks
Busy, fast paced productive work days. Multi-tasking is a valuable skill to have. Being tactful, professional, a self starter, as well as being flexible are all skills that I utilized on a daily basis.
co-workers are nice really good environment to work
Security Guard (Current Employee), Cranford, NJJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: save environment
Cons: it can get lonley at times
A day at work is typically smooth and easy no problems.I learned about leadership role at times you have to make your own decisions.Managment is very strict.My co-workers are very friendly to me.The hardest part is standing in the cold or in the heat.T he most enjoyable part of my job you get to see people.
BS
Security Officer (Current Employee), monck corner, scJanuary 27, 2015
I worked for the Google site and the supervisors are a joke. the hardest part of the job is dealing with the people who talk about you and how unprofessional the people in charge is
Worst Job Ever
Therapist (Former Employee), FloridaJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: give opportunity for experience
Cons: you will pay dearly to obtain that experience
I worked as a therapist in a Florida G4S facility and the company expected compliance of their demands over all ethical and safety considerations. Always understaffed and expecting undersized staff to carry the load of what should have been a much larger staff. Kids were great but the company had real problems.
Fun and a very nice social place to work.
USO Security Officer (Former Employee), Carneys Point, NJJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: fun, sociable workplace, people were nice
Cons: none really
I would have to say this job was a fun environment to work. It was a Desk job at a Gym which I enjoy working out and talking health so it fit well with my life overall. I took this job up as a second job while working as a assistant manager for Gnc just to make some extra money on the side.
good working conditions
Security Officer (Former Employee), Stamford ConnecticutJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good working conditions
Cons: stressfull at times
.The position requires the ability to follow routine.
What i learned is to be patient and stay alert .
Management was good, and my co-workers were equally good. The position can require enforcing regulations, in a tactful manner.
The best part of the job is doing what is expeced of me.
fun work place
private security officer (Current Employee), Manassas, VAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: paid 30minutes break
Cons: seniority not respected
learned something new everyday and always look forward to go to work and I also have great co-workers
Long days, short checks
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: paid lunches and breaks
Cons: short staff minimal pay
While working for G4S I was required to work a 16 and 2 12 hour shifts back to back with eight hour breaks in between the shifts due to lack of personnel. The staff were rude and very unprofessional; half of which couldn't pass a drug test. no benefits book to compare plans so its like Russian roulette with your health.
Not Great
Security Guard (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 13, 2015
No recognition for good work. Hardly ever get raises. Some co-workers were okay.

About G4S

G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The – Read more

G4S Salaries