G4S

G4S Employer Reviews

good job
Security Guard (Current Employee), Columbus, MSJune 16, 2014
nice job to work if your young and just starting out. The pay could be a lot better.
G4S/RSS - Terrible place to work.
Nuclear Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Seabrook, NHJune 13, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits were good, training is excellent.
Cons: everything else.
They may pay well, but the job will take your life away. The working conditions are terrible and the management is terrible. There is an approximately 40% annual attrition rate, which should speak volumes more than I can here in this blurb. The only saving grace of this job was the non-supervisory people who could tough it out. They are great people – more... and the only reason the place even functions at all. – less
Security Officer (Current Employee), Dallas txJune 11, 2014
• Inbound and Outbound calls.
• Made Badges
• Car patrol and Foot patrol
• Watched CCTV monitors
good work place
Security Officer (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJune 8, 2014
Pros: full work week
normal routine for a security officer.
I know the requirements for the position
management is good
co-workers are good.
maintain vigilance.
Doing the job correctly
G4S has been a overall great experience
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 5, 2014
I have learned a lot since i have been employed by the government.
Professional position with an enormous amount of responsibility.
Customer Service Security Analyst (Current Employee), Berkeley, MOJune 3, 2014
Cons: no room for advancement or pay increases.
I am employed by, G4S as my employer. However, my post is at Express Scripts. I am not a typical Security Officer. I work in the Security Control Center, where I monitor all alarms and cameras for, Canada, China and the US. This position requires a positive attitude and being a self starter with the ability to work solo. All communication is by phone – more... or email.

The hardest part of this position was at the beginning, when I was brand new to the Security environment. It is by no means an easy job with lots to learn. How to communicate with Directors and Sr. Directors and the Management Team. Writing methods of communication. Knowing when to take authority with having the Police dispatched to a site with alarm activity. The list is endless.

A typical day at work is setting up more than one computer for my cameras and my work station. I handle all inbound telephone calls, Crisis Alerts, Incidents regarding damage to buildings or employees being hurt on the job; along with performing all Administrative Duties.

I enjoy my position with all my heart and soul. However, I've been working at the same position for three (3) years now with no room for advancement and no opportunity for pay increases. This is not due to my personal work performance. We are not employed by, Express Scripts. We are employed by, G4S and contracted out to Express Scripts.

I am ready to enhance my career and move forward as I have reached the peak of my ability at this position. – less
A great stepping stone into the competitive security world
Customs Protection Officer (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 2, 2014
Fun job to hold after graduating from college, pay was decent, it varies by states, regions and such so that caused a bit of disruption on my part, however, all in all it is not a bad company. Good benefits, job security.
fun
Security Guard (Former Employee), qatarJune 1, 2014
the company was very active in sport so much,so we had to go for sports during free times they had sports like football,boxing and volley ball so it was fun and good also for health
Terrible company RUN AWAY FAST
Custom protection officer (Former Employee), Miami,flMay 31, 2014
Pros: you get a paycheck
Cons: no pay raises, no 401k with match, unaffordable health insurance, no promotions
Working for G4S is deadend, the company is aweful. They offer a paycheck and that's it. There's no pay raises, no sick time, aweful benefits. Every site I worked at always had employees quitting. The turnover for employees has to be at 100%. When I 1st took the job I was happy and expected a career, I sadly mistaken. G4S is a complete deadend with no – more... chance of a career. Supervisors make a dollar extra then regular guards. G4S makes millions in profits every year and doesn't take care of it's employee. Stay away from this company if you can. If you can't find any work use g4s as a stop gap job until you can find real employment with a good company. – less
no job security, hours cuts, pay is ok
security guard (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 31, 2014
Pros: pay is ok, duties are easy, good working schedule
Cons: hours cut, constantly losing their contracts
Don't work here management promises u all the time job security, but it's a bunch of lies as well they cut ur hours real bad. Once they lose the client contract u are jobless due to poor management because they are not able to look for more contracts.
g4s
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee), GeorgiaMay 31, 2014
Pros: always a position avaliable
Cons: random hours
a tad unorganized amount of management i would often have to remind the staff about missing hours on my time sheet
No chance of advancement, horrible hours, no breaks, eager to write you up
Upscale security officer (Current Employee), Palatka, flMay 30, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: no advancement, no breaks, no sick time, screw your pay up every time, always change the schedule
Been working for company 3 months. Told I was full time but that was a lie. I was PRN for a long time. There is no chance if advancement, and it is written in the contract; no raise. After tour probationary period you get one. However, they made my start date a month later than I actually started. There are no breaks, even in a 12 hr. shift. Horrible – more... working conditions. If you call out sick you are written up. Schedule changes daily so you cant have any type of life. Overall I can see how this company is number 1 in the world. Nothing good to say other than "It's a job." – less
Still another guard company
Custom Programmed Officer (Current Employee), Polk County FloridaMay 29, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: no comensurate pay, client imbedding thier own inside the company sites, week knee puppets with captain bars. it can go on.
So much bling on their webpage in the USA and in Europe. Yet they still consider you a number to make money and give you all the pats on the backs you want, till you fall.

It's good to work yes, be able to eat. That's all they are good for and they know it. Running into the G4S person from Europe about a year ago and he said it best.

USA G4S is a – more... clustermuck.....

People who are in uniform and have brass on their shoulders are diluting themselves. Unless of course you have relations with the client as former employee and are put there to keep an eye on things.

I saw it posted a few times about G4S and its so true,

No matter how many way-to-gos you have one oops and you are history.

Work for them and make do and be realistic about it. You are better than they are and are there just to find the right path later.

Good luck. – less
professional work place.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMay 28, 2014
Pros: lots of great benefits.
Cons: management with experience. higher pay.
Good company to work for. You can work world wide I thing this company need to take over the port contract due to the fact this company has a lot of professional security officer that can handle dangers situations at any given time this company is the best security company world wide.
Just plain horrible . Money hungry company.
Security officer (Former Employee), MiamiMay 27, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: a lot of stress
I had this job for four months. And within that time I have five post within those four months. Companies too big and they hired too many officers for little work. I had a major in miami promise a post near me and every two weeks to a month would be a different . He eventually told me I had to do training classes and I did them and still had a doors – more... shut in my face . This company is sooo fake in (miami) I can't really explain the struggle it was . And they really don't look out for the officers . I remember we took over a post in miami and 0600 that day we took over the contract because the last company was too slack and it was horrible . Don't work for this company. – less
Cold , Heartless, Broken Promises
Security Officer (Former Employee), Omaha, NeMay 25, 2014
Cons: everything
I applied to this company and went to the job site and had an interview and was hired. Went to my drug screen and passed it. The day before I was supposed to start my training they called me into the office and told me I had to meet with the Branch manager. He told me my app was under review by the HR dept because i checked a box incorrectly. he is – more... a former policeman as am I. He was very rude, arrogant ,bully, and wasnt going to listen to anything i had to say he made me write a statement to HR detaling why I did that OMG. It had never came up on any background check before not even my one for the Sheriffs Dept. I still apply to this company but get no response. NEVER WORK FOR THEM. – less
any place
Chauffeur (Current Employee), Casablanca, TNMay 24, 2014
Pros: any time for lunche
Cons: any time
hiThis company is the type of work the security guards and vehicles transporting money and maintenance Cameras banking and human resources, and many of the
New Worker, already with bad experiences.
Flex Officer (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 23, 2014
Pros: nice starting pay, easy work.
Cons: inconsistant hours, boring, unhelpful upper management.
Now, before I begin this review, I must stress that I have only been with the company for over a month, so my experiences thus far could always change for the better or worse. That being said, let's get to it.

I should of been suspicious when there was no interview for this job. Within 24 hours of filling out an application, I was called in and blatently – more... offered the job. being so close to falling into debt, I would of been stupid to pass this one up, so I took it. The Orientation...was a bit of a joke, just mindless droning on about the backstory of G4S, and pages upon pages of information no one, not even a professional, would remember, and it was boring to say the least. Sometime during this orientation, I was offered the Flex officer position instead of being a floater, and after I heard it was THREE dollars more on the paycheck, I accepted. Foolish me, I should of asked what the difference was.

After three days, I was sent to the location I would be working at, somwhere that was almost twenty miles away from my house no less. I was given the flash version of what I would be doing, for the Captain did not know quite how long I would be there (according to him, they were asking for months for a replacement of a worker about to quit). To this jobs credit, it is easy work. Stupidly easy, just typing in the truck trailer numbers, and watching the camera. The job itself isn't too bad, and the workers are all nice people as well as (most) of the drivers, so that is a plus.

The down fall is, that I have not had a week with more than one off day in a while. For some that might be the norm, but I was told that for the most part, forty hours would be the max, and that we could always be called on our off days. Which they have done twice, and on both times I was told the wrong time, showing up twelve hours early. I was not reimbursed, despite being on the clock, for either mistake. Also, these next two weeks I am working just(!) four hours over forty, yet the upper management decided to use a loophole on both days to not give me time and a half I legally deserved. It seems whenever I call, they either never pick up, or have a "reason" why something is occuring, yet do not own up to the mistakes, simply saying "they happen."

Now, unlike a lot of reviewers, I cannot comment on benefits, or promotions, or anything like that, as I have not been around long enough to discover them. However, my review can give warning to the ones looking at this company for a job, as a warning. It might not be the same where they are, but it was most certainly that way here. – less
Productive place to work
Youth Care Worker 1 (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 21, 2014
Pros: convenient with my other job
Cons: low income
My co-workers were great. Management could be better. Learned to be very observant. Hardest part of the job was dealing with youth trying to get under your skin.
there was no challenges
Receptionist/ Administrator (Current Employee), WindhoekMay 20, 2014
Pros: health insurance
Cons: no pension
each and every day is a on going pattern.

learn how different each and every human being is which I worked with.

not very pleasant working with.

doing site visits

About G4S

G4S Secure Solutions (G4S) counters the perils of modern life by providing a full slate of security services to corporate, industrial, – Read more