G4S

1.4K reviews

G4S Employee Reviews

Not for me
Security Officer/ Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCJuly 18, 2015
Pros: pay is ok
Cons: communication is terrible
this company is not reliable when it comes to the associate's needs. They rarely answer questions and the communication sucks.
Hard work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Norco, LAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Overtime pay
Cons: physical work, no room for advancement
It was a decent atmosphere. Some of the employees were the hardest working men. There was lots of overtime and anyone could get it, but the work was very physical.
nice
Security Officer (Former Employee), Carleton, MIJuly 13, 2015
I think im messing these all up but very happy working with new people learning from others always ready for new challenges
Productive place to work, no room for advancement
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee), Tampa, FlJuly 13, 2015
Productive workplace with major responsibility. Unsupportive management. Pay and benefits were good but no room for advancement unless someone quits or gets fired.
Easy work and very straight forward
Flex Officer (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Easy work
Cons: Poor Management
Decent company very basic tasks and simple for anyone to do. Co-workers are all very friendly and easy to talk with. Typical days are either walking around patrolling or sitting down watching personnel. Management within the company isn't the best I have seen and needs improvement. Hardest part about the job is the pure boredom on every shift you go to. The most enjoyable is that I am use to it from the military and it is very easy money.
Busy with schduling and payroll
Project Manager (Former Employee), Geismar, LaJuly 12, 2015
Pros: The freedom to select work hours
Cons: The distance from home
It was meetings and committee attendance and a lot of public speaking. Must be aware of the post and how they operate hiring and training on going to keep staff up to date on all UCCG regulations and Homeland security updates
NOT A STRONG WORK ENVIROMENT
Security Officer (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 11, 2015
HOURS WERE VERY LIMITED. MANAGEMENT WAS POORLY TRAINED AND DIDNT KNOW HOW TO WORK AS A TEAM. WE ALMOST NEVER HAD THE SUPPLIES TO PERFORM ADEQUATELY
General adjuster
SIU specialist/ Multi (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 9, 2015
Fast, accurate and detail oriented claims specialist that handles all property and casulty claims with muiti jurisdictional knowledge. Spanish speaker.
Terrible Managment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Jackson,MsJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Free uniforms.
Cons: Less Hours, minimum wage pay.
From the management to the hours and pay is sad. I wouldn't prefer anyone to work for this branch in the Jackson MS area. When I got hired the training was slow and unprofessional. And also they require you to have to much experience and less pay.
Low Pay, Poor Management
Critical facility officer (Current Employee), Newark, DEJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Leaving at the end of your shift.
Cons: Micro-Management, Low Pay
You start your day being watched and tracked on everything you do and say.

You end your day thanking god that you are leaving.

The main office has no clue what goes on and does not care as long as they are getting their bonus.

You might get a pay raise after 2 years if you are lucky.
N/A
Upscale Security Officer (Former Employee), Albany, NYJuly 6, 2015
IT'S A JOB THAT YOU GET PAID FOR. DECENT PAY BUT A EASY JOB. NOTHING BAD ABOUT ANYTHING WHEN I WORKED THERE. COULD BE BETTER OR COULD OF BEEN WORST
working for G4S
Control Room Operator (Current Employee), Tobaccoville, NCJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Good Pay
A typical work day at G4S is coming in and answering phones, acknowledging alarms. You learn a lot working with cameras and the lenel system. Some co-workers are good to work with, others not so much.
Best Job you could ever work
Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Emploees, Management, stability
Cons: Relief is often late
Best Job you could ever work!
I learned how to prompt and on time
The hardest part of the job is dealing with schdules
The most enjoyable is the people, and the work
Productive and great training
Special Police Officer (Former Employee), Washington dcJune 30, 2015
It was a great experience for me. Great training and benefits. I have learned a lot while working at the Holocaust museum. great supervisors and great employees.
I really was not happy with this company
Shift Supervisor Security Officer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 28, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: lots of overtime, poor management and benefits
I worked fo G4S for over 2 years. I really thought that the company needed different people in management. The communication was horrible. No one seem to have your our back as guards. The benefits were pitful. Most of the time it was unsure what are roles were as guards. I would not work fo this company again.
Not very punctual or dependable when needed
Rover (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 26, 2015
My typical day would be to patrol around warehouse environments making sure people or animals were not on property. I didn't learn a whole lot other than to not trust people when they say you can do something. Management was a joke they had a receptionist who was rude most of the time when calling, never showed up to sites like they stated. Co-workers were friendly never met one who was not nice.

Hardest part of the job was the work schedule, it differed so much was like shift work.
leadership
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 24, 2015
their way of running things can be a horrible experience depending on the site you are put at and the supervisors you may have. Some of the people i have come across were wonderful people and like any company some were bad. With me being supervisor at my site i havent gotten any complaints on the way things were ran at my site.
A job is a job
Security Officer (Former Employee), orlando,flJune 24, 2015
Pros: self-management, independence, full-time hours
Cons: low pay rate, no advancements, inadequate benefits
I enjoyed the people I worked with and I believe that G4S care about their employees, but this job becomes old really quick. The pay is not that good and it's little to no room to advance. It's a good job to have while in school.
Productive and nice place to work
Security Control Room Officer (Current Employee), Manassas, VAJune 19, 2015
working from 03:00PM to 07:00 AM next day
Security is everyone responsibility
Good Management
Nice
when they system was down
supervising
Please shoot me!!
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee), Grandstrand Medical Myrtle BeachJune 13, 2015
Pros: Hard to say, seemed like a great bunch of guys at the site. Better if you are interested in being armed.
Cons: pay, benefits, loss of hopes and dreams. end of life as we know it.
Got the Job Unarmed Security Officer - did the training at a hotel for the best part of 2 weeks, got paid minimum wage. Showed up at site only to find that the real job was patient watch, 40 to 60 hours a week. I cant sit still for that long, and there was no way I was going to sit there and watch people or monitors by myself in a hall, for 8 to 12 hours at a time. I told the Manager I was not going to do the job and went back to looking for a job. That was a waste of a month of my time. Only apply for this job if you have no thoughts in your brain and the ability to sit and stare for long periods of time without falling asleep...
Headquarters