G4S Employee Reviews

Found 2,909 reviews matching the search
fully satisfied with G4s
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJFebruary 2, 2017
fully satisfied with G4s Prompt service good management etc..Additionally interested to work in other organization as part time.
Good company
Central Station Operator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 2, 2017
There is some good accounts with great pay and other smaller accounts with less pay. Which is usual with security companies. They have a good rep and used around the world.
I enjoyed working at my final assignment, the people were great.
Armed Security Officer (CPO) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 2, 2017
My immediate supervision were good, the office supervision and human resources were not employee friendly and it was difficult to get something done when it was needed. Never actually met the Major that was over the supervisor of the contract that I worked. He would make decisions without even knowing the post, that were not suitable for that post. But the supervision of the other company at the contract site was very good.
Pros
The supervision on the site were excellent
Cons
The upper supervisor (Major) made uninformed decisions about the site
Good work environment.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLFebruary 2, 2017
Go to assigned location and perform assigned duties, management was good, sometimes they would be short on manpower and I would have to work longer hours, the most enjoyable part of the job was the people interacted with.
Benefits
Cons
sometimes a post would no longer be available
OK place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 2, 2017
Managers are OK if you do like!E military and they don't back there employees up on something . And there is really hard to move up the ladder
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Office manager
productive and reliable job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INFebruary 2, 2017
Day shift is very nice because there is a lot more to do. Night shift is harder because its a skeleton crew, but you still get up and move to do patrols. Overall a decent job with set hours and good coworkers.
Ok job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 2, 2017
This isn't for those looking for a challenging career in security. Typical days are slow and boring. Management doesn't offer the assistance it should to its supervisors and officers. The pay is good in some locations so thats a plus. Over all I wouldn't work with this company unless there was no other option.
Better than the rest
Courthouse Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 2, 2017
G4S is the best all around company in my area. They offer the highest pay and they also have a full benefits package that's pretty decent.
Pros
Pay, benefits and good job sites.
Cons
Its still contract security.
Terrible Higher ups
Flex Officer/ Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 1, 2017
I loved my job, and how I was allowed to work as many days as I wanted to. Hated the lack of communication between myself and my superiors. Would never go back, but i do appreciate the learning experience.
Pros
decent pay. long hours.
Cons
Lack of communication
Pay is okay but very disorganized NYC based companny
Customs Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2017
The pay is pretty good but the management team is very unprofessional. It seems like they have no idea what is going on when it comes to the job site.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Too many chiefs and no true guidance.
Awesome
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 31, 2017
Great Company. Typical call day at work I am responsible for keeping the building safe. Reporting any thing that is broken. The learned a lot of things through my training. Work place is very welcoming. Nothing is hard on the job. Welcoming customers is the best part.
Good for Entry-Level positions.
Case Manager, Okeechobee Intensive Halfway House (Former Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLJanuary 30, 2017
G4S is a great company for any student graduating with an Criminal Justice Degree and would like to receive experience. The pay is usually the minimal but again you will gain experience in various fields.
Pros
Entry-Level, and experience
Cons
overworked, and salary
its like selling your soul to the devil
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Florida City, FLJanuary 30, 2017
the children isn't the problem its administration. The youth care workers are required to do too much for little pay. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone unless you are DESPERATE
I enjoy my position that I am currently at
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 29, 2017
I have been with this company for 16 years and I am looking to make a change to another industry. I have learned that team work is what makes the day.. Working with people that enjoy their jobs is a plus. I have had different management in my time , its just a matter of making an adjustment, overall I enjoy working with the public.
Pros
flexablity
Cons
benefits should be better
G4s
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2017
Company was in disarray. This was largely due to restructuring efforts. During this transition management failed at facilitating changes in personal and communicating process changes.
management sucks
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Anderson, OHJanuary 28, 2017
They will give you zero training and expect the most and will most likely toss you to the curb if the contract ends. Good people to work with but overall worst company I've worked for.
Had its Ups and Downs
Bank Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2017
Worked in different positions, they all had there up and downs, benefits were not the greatest. Contract was sold out to another company. some of the managers i had were not the greatest
Horrible / unorganized
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 27, 2017
This company lie about your hours and get you to leave you past job for hours they don't give you as they promise. Communication sucks and also management .they pull you from sites for no reason.. I wouldn't recommend them at all. Bad company!!!!!!!
Work summary
Security Supervisor (Sergeant) (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 27, 2017
My job is working in a gated community. The Director is well knowledgeable in his job and has taught us all quite a bit. The G4S staff are good at what they do and are very supportive.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
too long to get promotions
Differant
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Cleveland OhioJanuary 27, 2017
This job would be a good job for a retired person wanting to work part-time, benefits are there if over 40 hours not good benefits. Not a job for high school or young adults trying to make a living to support a home
Pros
There are benefits with 40 hours
Cons
Hours are cut frequently

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.