G4S

G4S Employer Reviews

It is a job. Not fulfilling.
Security (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 1, 2014
Pros: uniforms are furnished, though not consistent
Cons: management is not "employee oriented". pay is substandard.
Management in this area seems uninterested in their employees. No one counsels you or helps you with career plans. Although many jobs are available to apply for, most do not give you an update or status for weeks or months.
Work is mundane and there is no chance to trade shifts with anyone to get family time. The hardest part of the job is the inflexibility – more... of scheduling.
There is not really an enjoyable part of the job at this time. – less
Good Company to Learn not to Stay
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Omaha,NEFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: feild experience
Cons: bad work culture
Requirement in the people of the company

1. Teamwork
2. Ownership
3. Open to ideas
summary
Security Guard (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 23, 2014
i didnt really like working for this comapnt at all. I didn't like the hours and the days i worked on.
Very flexible managers and great comany to work for.
Firewatch Officer (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: great contracts and people.
Cons: advancement is too slow.
A+ place to work for and schedule.Also your outside of work activities are easy to plan.
n/a
Security/Receptionist (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Meet and greet tenants, visitors and couriers with a smile at all times.
Answered all incoming calls in a professional manner and directed phone calls correctly, maintain professional appearance and posture at all times. Security dispatchers have to dispatch work crews, workers or equipment, used telephones, radios or computers to transmit assignments – more... and to compile statistics and report on work progress. Also responsible for dispatching and scheduling workers and work crews to certain locations in accordance with requests from customers, specification or needs within the company. – less
easiest job ever
Security Guard (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: management
The job itself is easy lower management is decent but get above sergeant and it seems that uppermanagement has a loop hole for everything to pocket as much for themselves and decrease the benefits to the guards.
The G4S Branch Located in Fort Lauderdale on Powerline Rd.
CPO (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: you were paid a wage although you didn't get your full 40 hours.
Cons: constantly having to call your major/supervisor to get hours.
I didn't have a permanent post; so it’s hard to describe what a typical day working for G4S would be like. I was moved around A LOT. I worked at the courthouses, hospitals, AT&T, and a few other places contracted out to G4S. I miss the other officers I worked with while at G4S – that is, there were people from all different walks of life working there. – more... There were retired corrections officers, police officers, and military personnel working alongside with you. There were also students, and parents working for the company – many of them decent. Many of the CPOs working there, myself including know that the job market is hard, therefore we have no choice but to work for a lousy security company like G4S/Wackenhut. Some of us just took the job just to get by. That was the common theme when you spoke to some G4S employees – it’s just a job, not a career. There is nothing good about this company with the exception of the people you work with.

My major/supervisor had me drive miles away to cover a post for four hours! In addition to being given lousy hours and pay, I showed up to a couple of post, and was told to go home. Management incorrectly assigned me a post that was already covered by another security guard/CPO, so therefore I wasn’t needed. I remember getting a call from my major/supervisor. He wanted to know if I received a letter in the mail explaining that my G4S security instructor was being investigated for fraud. I told him no. And he quickly got off the phone with me. The administration at G4S is also a joke. The HR rep at G4S messed up my direct deposit slip, and mishandled putting in my request for benefits. I had to constantly drive to the office to pick up my check. And I had no benefits.

If I had know better, or if there were more jobs available out here, I would’ve stayed away from G4S. G4S is a hot mess. – less
Not a lot of normal life for you to have!
Customs Protection Officer (Current Employee), Dallas And all over Forth WorthFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: overtime maybe
Cons: far distance just for $10.50
Great for some overtime. Account Managers actually try to help you. Uniforms never on time. Post ... Let's just say be prepared (food and drinks wise) ... Boring post at most! American Airlines DWH was the best post so far to me...
Productive Workplace
Armed Personal Security Officer (Current Employee), Woodlawn, MDJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no room for advancement, lack of overtime
• Consistently assigned and trusted with high profile clientele.
• Obtained high customer satisfaction for 4 consecutive months.
• Dealt with customers daily for a company that was given Angie’s List Super Service Award for 7 consecutive years.
• Worked hand and hand with Facility’s SSO in monitoring all incident response planning and correspondent – more... with all personnel for potential internal & external threats.
• Member of an Identity and Access Management Functional Team providing support to troubleshoot issues on the Identity Management System (IDMS), Access Management System (AMS), and Visitor Management System (VMS) – less
General Summary
Custom Protection Officer (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MOJanuary 29, 2014
Cons: ladies in the front office screwed up my transfer papers....
I enjoy working for this company....NO Negative feedback on this company.....
Special Police Officer
Armed Special Police Officer (Current Employee), Palm Beach, FloridaJanuary 27, 2014
I currently serve in our nations best force the Air Force as a reservist servicing aircraft as a maintenance tech. While being a civilian I work as a Special Police officer at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.
Security and Customer Service
Flex Officer (Current Employee), Pella, IAJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: close location to home. great set of employees
Cons: low pay, no bennifits, micromanaging area supervisors
* Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle,
* Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards.
* Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
* Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden – more... articles
* Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits
* Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
* Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities
* Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner – less
worest place ever
wife (Former Employee), unknownJanuary 26, 2014
They don't vaule there hard workers,supervisors are very disrespectful,.work you through rain snow hot weather and make u stand outside all that time don't show any apprecetation to there good workers.they show no respect to anyone.sad company.my hubsand never missed a day and worked all the time. Lie on there employees and always wait until the last – more... minute to tell you about a problem.Very unprofessional company.management needs to be fired. – less
Good Experience gained
Traditional Security Guard (Former Employee), Radford, VAJanuary 21, 2014
Good place to gain experience and to further career path in security force.
employee satisfaction
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: a job
Cons: never a career
Terrible place to work... everyone at this company is so unorganized.
Fun and productive work environment
Custom Protection Officer (CPO) (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: lot of overtime
Cons: 401k not that great
Co-workers are very fun and intelligent
Management is outstanding
Why is this required?
Security Officer (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 18, 2014
I think G4S is the crappiest place to work. I would rather work at Mcdonalds. When they hire you on all they talk about is the great aspects of the company non of which they fulfill. Our pay is off and when we try to get it fixed we have to wait until the next payday to get it. People from the main office will talk down to you because they think they – more... are better because they make more money. – less
A ideal place to work for people who want to make it a career.
CFO (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 16, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday. The co-workers are nice and friendly.
g4s
security (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours
great company to work for if u want to do a lot in security this is the company to join
great place to learn about youth programs
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee), Arcadia, FLJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: lunches, flexible with my national guard training
Cons: limited room for advancement
an awesome follow-up job after working at a prison. learned alot about the youth personality and about youth corrections

About G4S

G4S Secure Solutions (G4S) counters the perils of modern life by providing a full slate of security services to corporate, industrial, – Read more