G4S Employee Reviews

Awesome Job
security officer in a professional building (Former Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYJanuary 6, 2018
g4S was awesome, my first real full time job. I loved it. My boss was great and the building I worked in was good too. I also loved my job and low stress.
Productive and fun place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Laplace, LAJanuary 6, 2018
It is a fast paced job that keeps you busy enough that your day goes by fast. It is a fun place to work with lots of responsibilities, but very enjoyable and friendly/caring atmosphere.
Great company at my site
2nd Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 5, 2018
I loved working for this company. No issues really, if they did not loss the contract I would still be with them to this day. Wish I could go back with them
N/a
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Not organized at all never have what you need when needed to work but overs an okay company but would go back to work their company in the future it’s reall my okay not bad but pay less
friendly people, good pay
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mountain Top, PAJanuary 4, 2018
Everything about this job is good, except the supervisor i had. No complaints. The people i worked with treated mr like family and still have contact with after having to quit.
Pros
alone time, decent pay
Cons
supervisor sucked
job friendly
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 4, 2018
sometime relaxing. it could be stress at times. met different faces. the hardest part of the job is when I had to deal with so many people at almost the same time. the most enjoyable part of the job ie when it's not so busy
Never saw management ,guess they trusted me to do good job.
Guard scured data center (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 4, 2018
Never saw management much after hire date . I believe they trusted me to preform job duties. Seemed as thow company had lot of turn over in management.
Fun place to work
Captain Transportation Supervisor (Sector Manager) (Current Employee) –  Del Rio, TXJanuary 4, 2018
G4S has a Relaxed atmosphere. It has been a learning experience. I work on a daily basis with little or no supervision which makes my job more relaxed.
Its Ok
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 4, 2018
I have worked for G4S for just over 2 years and it is ok. I started moving up the ladder quickly but that came to a halt do to contracts ending. It is a good company but progression is ify.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
poor wook progression
not the best place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 4, 2018
If you want to sit and be told you cant have any thing at the desk, this is the job for you, no advancement what so ever, vacation is given after being there for a year, management will screw you at every turn,
What a security guard does on a daily basis.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 4, 2018
A typical day at work you clock in on the phone, then check what post you are at. Then go to your post and do your daily task at that post. I learn a lot each day I always read our post orders which tell us what we are suppose to do in case of an emergency. The hardest part of our day is writing IRs all day. The most enjoyable is the co coworkers everyone likes their job.
No supervision on site the whole time.
Armed security guard (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 4, 2018
Boring saw my supervisory only once.Learned nothing.There is nothing just bored all shift. walking around.Nothing else to say about it. It is what it is low paying boring work.
Pros
Cons
everthing
slow & nice work environment for third shift.
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2018
working third shift you don't see any people so it seems to make the time go by slow. But its a nice environment and relaxed. A typical day at work consist of logging people in and out, monitoring the security cameras, and patrolling each building making sure everything is secured.
Teamwork
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 3, 2018
Excellent organization. Great people who share experience and knowledge. Dignity and Respect among co-workers with excellent customer service to all clients, employees, and vendors.
Cannot Recommend Enough for Security Officers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, OHJanuary 3, 2018
I'm not sure how to summarize other than to say that I LOVED my time at G4S. Never had trouble communicating with managers, always was able to ask questions when I didn't understand something, and never felt like I was out of my comfort zone on the job. However, the only bad thing I can say about working here was that (by standard contract) the moment the client felt like they needed to remove a guard for pay reasons, I was immediately taken off the site. Without money to relocate, I was left to just accept a layoff rather than take another contract - and while none of this was the company's fault (thus why it does not impact my rating of their company or job position), it is absolutely worth noting as a job risk to new hires.
Pros
Paid lunches, excellent wages, great job culture, excellent management
Cons
Clients can remove contractors on-a-dime without notice
n/a
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 3, 2018
i a great place to work ,and to get some exerparince and to get your feet wet real quick.you have some bed days and you have some good day s it depand upon how you went to work
Excellent
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 2, 2018
I would have never left this company I would still be tgere.They lost the contact and I stayed on with the other company.And I would go back tomorrow if they called me
Pros
Good and friendly place to work
No upward movement
Custom Protection Officer (CPO) (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 2, 2018
If you get placed at certain job sites you cannot move out of them unless you quit of get fired.Stay away from the critical sites. Yes they pay more but your stuck.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
idiots on management
Decent place to get plenty of hours, not ideal for advancement.
Private Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 2, 2018
The pay is better than minimum wage and there's plenty of hours, but pay is based off of site contracts so there's little room to move up and make more.

Another problem that can come up is having to balance between G4S policy and the sites policy, because they can contradict each other.

In my personal experience it's not a terrible company to work for. Hours are plentiful and the pay is alright. However getting days off can be difficult and it's not uncommon to get hit with more hours because someone quit.
Pros
Easy work, decent pay
Cons
long hours, mismanaging of schedules, lack of communication
No advancement
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 2, 2018
They tell you that you can advance but will offer the position to who office management likes. Qualifications have no weight in this company. Supervisors are inexperienced.
Pros
No supervision
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.