G4S
1,057 reviews

G4S Employer Reviews

Review
Customer Service (Former Employee), Salem, NCOctober 10, 2014
Pros: you will make enough hours to make ends meet
Cons: uniforms and lack of commitment from management
The company had room for advancement, however it was mainly based on who you knew in order to move within the company. I worked all three shifts and plenty of overtime, with no merit. management needs to improve how they communicate with employees and what are their needs. we were working with uniforms that were worst for wear in a corporate building – more... where customer service and appearance should be number concern and priority. – less
Waitress
Security Officer (Current Employee), Warren, NJOctober 9, 2014
Pros: made alot of money
BEST job I ever had! I made alot of money, and I met so many interesting people because of the location which was an airport.
Unprofessional, unaware, unthinking and incompetent...
security officer (Former Employee), chattanoogaOctober 7, 2014
Pros: end of the day
Cons: most things
Have you ever seen any of the old black and white keystone cops? That pretty much sums up G4.
One hand did not know what the other was doing but took the time to blame problems on the other hand.
I worked at a very busy warehouse company. The job was exceptionally boring most of the time. We dealt with mostly stupid employees who had numerous breaks – more... and lunches. Every time the whole plant went on break, we had to run them through metal detectors. It was like a herd of wild elephants trying to get outside to smoke.
The company was so afraid of theft, everything else was an afterthought.
My problem began with the site supervisor. This clown decided to change the schedule. Not only did she not ask, she did not even inform me that she changed me to a double shift. I said I don't think so, not going to happen. Another guard took part of the shift.
The next morning I called the branch manager asap. He had no answers, other than to blame it on the site manager. She had no answer, other than blame it on someone else.
No accountability at G4. The branch manager is a mealy mouthed wimp and the company was still sending me items in the mail months after I left.
To sum it up, G4 is nothing but a collection of clowns, masquerading as a real security company. – less
Too many changes
Manager (Current Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 5, 2014
Many changes occurred within the company. Must be able to adapt to change.
I have never written a review but here goes
Na (Former Employee), charlotte ncOctober 3, 2014
Pros: cool uniforms if they wore them correctly and cleaned them.
Cons: have to be black to get a job, no diversity
If your white skinned, good luck ... I was way over qualified for this job. I have a vast military background guarding top secret systems. Escorting VIPs in hostile area. The amount of disrespect I received walking in that door was completely uncalled for. This was at the 112 suite in Charlotte. I was asked to come back but refused because they clearly – more... were not going to hire me due to my skin color and possible the fact they were anti army. I had an interview before this one and I was praised for my mannerism and clothing. – less
depends on who you work with
Traditional Security Officer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 2, 2014
Cons: some of the coworkers
depends on who your boss is and where you work that will determine how you will fair
Fun Self Paced Organisation
Security Officer (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: nothing close to killen tx
over all I think its a good company to work for its fast paced but its a nice family milliatry minded organization
NOT GOOD
Security Officer (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXSeptember 30, 2014
NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK DOES NOT CARE ABOUT EMPLOYEES.........
Politics
Security Officer (Current Employee), Jackson,MSSeptember 29, 2014
Not many advancement Opportunity's been at same pay/Position since i began working here
The WORST
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: none!!!!!
Cons: everything!!!
I would give these guys a -5 star if I could. The hours worked and pay revived don't equal out, the office in Nashville does what ever it wants to with out care, and there is no team work. Too many of the employees try to make power moves and step on anyone they can. Over all you cant trust them, they are out for the bottom dollar and nothing else.
Dead End Job - No standard overtime/holiday pay
Upscale Security Officer (Former Employee), Collegeville, PennsylvaniaSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: quick fix while look for better job
Cons: no room for growth, low pay, high work load, no breaks, terrible administration, no support
There is absolutely no room for growth. The work load doesn't match the pay, especially overtime/holiday hours.. If you are looking for a stable, long term position to support your family, this is not it. 3rd shift pay is the same as 1st shift. Under-staff overnight post.

I would never recommend this company to anyone.
Effort to apply long and tedious only to get disappointed.
Custom Officer (Former Employee), Central FloridaSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: former years good at the time, pay above most, hours perfect & at that time you had pride in the job and title, none cronie field supervisors were fantastic people and helped a lot, equipment always kept up to date.
Cons: division manager & cronie supervisors, insurance application process a pain, hiring standards reduced into the 21st century, guards who get into trouble but are mgt pets just get transfered not fired.
I applied in which it took almost two hours on their new website career portal. I got a response in less than a day of "unsuccessful" with out an explanation as to why.

So what does this unsuccessful mean? They don't want formers? My standards to high for them or the other way around? Did I miss something in my application? Locations, maybe pay scale – more... expectations?

I am local, mature, well trained, good community standards and still certified, yet it was unsuccessful. And worked for them for many, many years some time back.

So G4S what was it that made it unsuccessful?

I hear they are always hurting for people and rehire, recruit and take formers with ease. Guess not......

Guess one just shrugs it off and it's their loss and move on.

Word of advise.

Be ready to be ether be happy or gravely disappointed. – less
Good company
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee), Stuart, FLSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: job security when you do your job properly, freedom at certain posts, overtime
Cons: doesn't match 401k, turnover rate, kids as road captains.
I have worked in many different job sectors and I have to say G4S is a good company to work for if you can find your cushion spot. The Custom Protection Officer requirements are too lackadaisical, they should be changed to only include law enforcement with arrest powers and combat arms or MP military. No support bull sht, no corrections officers, no – more... Police academy graduates without full time experience and no college grads. The turnover rate would drop overnight if they enacted these measures and clients would appreciate the work ethic of real experienced officers vs college grad kids. – less
Ok place to work
Security supervisor (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDSeptember 19, 2014
Good co-workers. Nothing particularly hard about the job.
Just a job until you get a better job.
Custom Protection Officer (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: pays the bills
Cons: no growth
There are no benefits of working to long here if you are looking for a long term job. you have no benefits.
NEVER WORK HERE!
Security Guard (Former Employee), St Albans WVSeptember 17, 2014
G4S is a very very bad place to work low pay no one cares about you and no one knows what they are doing!
G4S
Security Guard (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYSeptember 16, 2014
The job is not a bad one at all. There is just no room for advancement. Management is just horrible. But as for the work I sit at a gate and walk or drive rounds to ensure the safety of the plant.
terrible
security (Current Employee), denver coloradoSeptember 15, 2014
This company is terrible we are treated like animals. One day I called in sick and was told if I don't come in i wouldn't have a job and that they had trash cans I could use to throw up in
Depends on post and supervisors
Upscale Security Officer (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: lots of hours, pay
Cons: short breaks
I've read some reviews before posting mines. I believe G4S is a great company once you get a hang of it. The posts are what really makes you hate or love it because each post is different. I have had some post that made me feel like quitting the same second but others that I would like to stay on instead. If you want more hours, you can get with different – more... post supervisors and your area supervisor to call you for more hours when available. I get plenty of overtime hours because I get calls to work or fill-in for someone. – less
Terrible Company Overall
Traditional Security Officer (Former Employee), Jessup, PaSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: meeting new people from all over the united states, other employees were nice
Cons: no breaks(basically eat when ya get free time), forced to work days that your not scheduled, faulty equipment.
Do yourself a favor and avoid this company! When i first applied to this company they said id be working close to home. Once i started working they immediately sent me elsewhere from where they said. Had to travel 80 miles round trip for $10 an hour and since i already quit my other job i had no other choice but to work for them. Also please note you – more... will never get a raise no matter how long your there. Don't ever try calling of either they will threaten you and say you'll be fired. I didn't get my first paycheck till a month after starting because someone in corporate screwed up. Then finally months later i got the position i was promised only to have to work in a guard shack with black mold all over the bathroom and a heater that never worked. Then in May of 2014 they kicked G4S out to get Allied Barton in there. So every employee there got laid off. – less

About G4S

G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The – Read more