G4S Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,475 reviews matching the search
G4s
Manager, Critical Facility Officer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 6, 2016
G4S is a great company. Everyday I come in ready to lead my team to a successful day. I lead six officers in providing security for the IRS building and insuring that the public's information stays safe in the processing building.
Pros
Great Co Workers
Cons
Some times Long Hours
experience
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2016
worked at the GRB and working events.
sucked because I never got a permanent post which resulted in unstable pay and hours
N/a
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 5, 2016
the typical day of work is normal. the things learned on daily basis is more interactions with the general public.management is good to deal with.
Respectful work place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 5, 2016
Great place to work. Very understanding Manger. He listen and very concern about his employees. The only bad thing is that, every coworkers knows your business and wants to know why you were off work or what's your reason for not coming in. You are the only one who can keep your information private.
Pros
Paid holiday
Cons
No benifits for part-timer who work overtime. It sucks.
El empleo de un Guardia de Seguridad
Guardia de Seguridad (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 4, 2016
Mi empleo o tarea es uno fácil de realizar. Pero se cambia de turno o horas de trabajo de forma constante al punto que sientes que no tienes una estabilidad laboral dentro de tu empleo. A veces hay faltas de comunicación entre los supervisores hacia los oficiales de seguridad.
Pros
Ambiente de trabajo tranquilo
Cons
Short breaks
Abundance of work easily able to advance
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 4, 2016
There is a lot of room for advancement if you can find someone to take interest in training you and mentoring you through each position. There is a lot that you are not trained on and have to learn on your own. Descent place to work just when moving up you lose your home life because you are always on call.
Pros
Easy advancement
Cons
Not enough training
Ok job if the current manager did things differently
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDJuly 3, 2016
This could be the perfect 2nd job if the manager cared about his workers. Something as simple as creating a schedule giving all officers 40hrs a week or hiring a few part time workers. He won't because he gets a bonus at the end of the year to save over time. I often wonder how he got the position he has. He has absolutely no backbone to be a supervisor. He tends to forget that he was once an officer too. The Whitemarsh site has a very high turnover rate. Officers quit because when hired they are under the impression of being full time only to find out depending on your schedule you could get an 80hr check one pay and then a 64hr check the next pay. No one like to be forced to come in on their day off, come in 4hrs early, or stay 4hrs later. I understand sometimes it's necessary but when it's a weekly issue because we can't keep a full schedule. That's a problem. The manager tell all employees that this job is your priority. Lol what a joke. Oh and if you think it'll be easy to transfer from this site, think again!! 8months have passed and a coworker is still waiting to transfer. The employees at this site is not allowed to work other sites for over time. The district office know about everything that goes on here and have done nothing. Even the GM employees have a problem with the manager. How he run things and his lack of knowledge. Also G4s don't allow you to work another security company while employed with them.
Pros
pays more than most unarmed sites
Cons
scheduling
Okay job no growth opertunity
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 1, 2016
Each site is different from access control, patrol from foot, vehicle, bike, and golf cart. Unorganized with schedules from my experience and understaffed at some sites causing us to work overtime and weird hours taking away from personal lives.
Horrible place to work.
Lieutenant-Lead Supervisor - Command Center (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 30, 2016
Everybody sleeping with everyone. All people of color are working at night and evening shifts and Spanish people work in the Court House.

Dont believe me just go their and you will see. Come on down immigration you will be surprise on what you will find.
Pros
Cons
Management--turnover more than employees
Good Company
Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2016
Good Management great work area's they're willingness to help you find a good work site. Everyone has a can do attitude.
A dead end job
Officer (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 29, 2016
They work contract out with sites where the officers will never receive a pay increase, perks, or any holiday bonus what so ever. you basically only working for a check while the office workers receive bonuses based on making sure the employees get as less overtime as possible. The higher ups could care less about the employees.
Cons
No benefits worth paying for due to low pay
not worth the effort-low class
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2016
a horrible, lying, degrading environment.Office on 44th street turns a blind eye to what is really going on-problems at the highest level-- salary increases and advancement not likely-only for the favorites--AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!----no preventive medicine-only knee jerk reactions--!-when a favor is needed, they know how to be nice and sweet!
Pros
it is a job
Cons
prepare to be degraded by management-no preventive medicine
Very corrupt and unlawful place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74114June 28, 2016
Extreme politics, sexually harassed - even had a man grab my parts on more than one occasion, offered drugs at work, denied benefits that were part of the contract, many coworkers slept on the job every week and kept their job, and quid pro quo was common.
Pros
Money to pay bills
Cons
Sleeping on the job, politics, favoritism, quid pro quo, sexually harrassed, drugs, and other concerns
I would prefer not to comment.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 28, 2016
I would prefer not to comment. You have all the information you need in my resumee. There should be an option to skip this area. Not everyone feels the need to do this.
Horrible place to work
Site captain (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 27, 2016
There is not room for promotions, no matter how hard you work for them. All the supervisor think that they are in the military they want you to do a lot for so low pay. I have been workimg for this company for over 4 years now and i really want to find somewhere where im value as a human being. I cant call out sick or cant spend a holiday with my family becuase they dont let you request them off. Stay away from this company. And yes they put the most no quilify and unsupported people to be supervisors. Jesus i hate them so much.
Pros
40 hours stable.
Cons
Everything.
Dead end job
Receptionist / Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2016
no room for growth a lot of corruption going on in the offices company doesn't give raise's it also depends on the sate you work in as well
Pros
Guarrnted pay check
Cons
Run Away As Fast As You Can !!!
Custom Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 27, 2016
If you want to be constantly used, abused, lied to, falsely promised, and generally treated like dirt, then go ahead and work for G4S.
Great work place
Controll Room officer (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJune 26, 2016
monitoring the cameras and making sure all staff and employees have a the required badge with pic.relaxed environment and more diverse
Role Responsibilty
Custom Protection Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 26, 2016
I am employed for G4S Secure Solutions we are hired as a contracted third party. My post is at Directv / AT&T corporate headquarters. I am a Custom protection Supervisor who monitors access control alarm systems,I acknowledge alarms and dispatch personnel as needed.I must dispatch Security Officers to service calls and emergency situations while monitoring all Directv locations. I also provide investigative assistance to corporate security, handle assigned case work accordingly and confidentially. I enjoy working with such a dynamic team.
Pros
Providing investigative assistance
Cons
In need of qualifying candidates
Sit an monitor cameras
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 25, 2016
The company is fairly reasonable but doesn't have good promotion ladder. My typical days is to sit an watch cameras an perform property checks every few hours.
Pros
Experiance new things quit often
Cons
short break, no flexible