G4S

1.4K reviews

G4S Employee Reviews

good place to work enjoyable
Security Officer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 12, 2015
Many available sites to learn and gain experience in the security field. A multicultural working environment with clients and employees. Get to meet interesting people.
productive
Patrol Officer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 12, 2015
Maintains the safety and security of entire chemical plant. Prepare and proofread daily reports. Record the traffic that comes in & out the gate. Motivates others, complete all work duties as required and exceeds expectations daily. Performs clerical work daily also.
Complete wasted.
Security Officer (part-time) (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 11, 2015
Pros: extra income
Cons: waste of one's life
Worked with this company for over a year, just for extra income.
Our supervisor did not care about and and did not answer your phone calls. They treated us like dirt. And after a while they just let all the employee's go.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Paramus, NJMay 11, 2015
Patrol industrial and commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences..
Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
A great place to work,
Hospital Security Officer at Penrose Hospital (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 8, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed the Hospital Staff
Cons: My department needed better supervision
I did 110 % in my job, learned to care about my job, Management needs to care about their job, coworkers need a push to work, job was no problem doing but supervisor needs to care about his job, loved working with the staff I protected.
The Company is good to work for.
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAMay 7, 2015
For the most part we all worked well as a team.
helping each other to get the job done as needed
and covering shifts when someone could not work for some personal reason.
Helping each other creates a pleasant work environment.
I am thankful to the manager for keeping me with a job as they were able for 14 years.
Worst Security Company Ever.
Custom Protections Officer (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 5, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Management
This place is a wreck I cannot recommend this company for anyone. I feel sorry for the people that still work there. Management is terrible and incompetent.
Need more Supervisors
Security (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDMay 4, 2015
Pros: need to reconise employees
Cons: need to pay more
Supervisor needs to support employees Security officers need to be more reconised and have more pay raises and more than one week of vacation
better than the last one
Upscale Security Officer (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 3, 2015
Pros: relax good post
Cons: policy changes every 2 weeks
Get to post and there is nothing to do other than look at this green wall and stair at the computer screen cause they don't want you on the internet, if ask for days off you might get them or your schedule might change all the way around
A guard was treated as someone to blame.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 2, 2015
Pros: Helping guests
Cons: One break, heat in summer. Menard's management.
Fastpaced . Have to deal with changing weather. Management little to no help. Some hard workers. Guests are very demanding at times put also the most fun to be around.
Excellent contract security that offers growth
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Rutherford, NJMay 2, 2015
G4S is a very organized company with many benefits. They encourage team work abot corporate resposibility. They offer training foe the employees who are interested
Great Benefits, but job is very tough and challenging
Youth Care Worker- Transporter (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 29, 2015
Love the job for it's great benefits. But the job is very challenging, new employees come and go once they have figured out what the job entails. Always in overtime because of being short-staffed.
Place in not organized
Security Officer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 24, 2015
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: No sick days, poor management, unorganized, dont take of their people
I worked at two different G4S company's in two separate states, and same problem management is very unorganized no sick pay if you get sick,don't wont you to take time off, one of the better paying security company's but a pain to work for
Good company
ARMED SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee), New YorkApril 23, 2015
Good company.I have flexibility and I have the ability to work in different locations in Manhattan and the Bronx. I would recommend the company to others.
Terrible work enviroment, union, and management
Armed Security Guard (Former Employee), Radford, VAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Decent Pay
Cons: No breaks. Poor Healthcare, Unpredictable hours and schedules
Go in at a certain time but never know if you will leave on time. Co workers are full of drama. Rules only apply to the ones who are not in with management. Management only cares if positions are fill. not if employees are ok mentally and physically. Management could care less whether you get 8 hours of sleep before next shift. Has no compassion for employees or their families. Benefits were terrible and outrageously priced. The hardest part of the job was staying awake for 8+ hours with nothing to stimulate the brain. No electronics were allowed and even got in trouble for reading at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people who work inside the plant. They tried to make sure the guards were taken care of.
Great Company
Security Officer (Former Employee), Tobaccoville NCApril 22, 2015
I really enjoyed my job just not the fact that I would have to work all 3 shifts. With kids that is very hard to do. I also did not like the fact that it was hard to advance within the company. They would hire outside people instead of promoting from within.
some what of a good company to work for
Security Guard (Current Employee), Nashville-Davidson, TNApril 18, 2015
a typical day at work is basiclly in any bad whether meaning snow,rain etc writing in a report every hour and accessing entry to employees vistors co-workers are good to work with mangement not so good job is real easy can do it in your sleep
Nice Stepping Stone
Administrator (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIApril 14, 2015
With the highest entry level rate this is a nice place to start your career. Here you will learn the basics of security and there is room to advance your career in the facility.
good for veterans
Upscale Security Officer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 14, 2015
Pros: ok pay
Cons: its all about the bottom line for them.
will hire any prior military, I loved working there and I wish I could go back, great people and job wasn't too hard. The people are great but the big bosses don't care about anyone unless there is trouble.
It's Security
Security Guard (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 14, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
I wasn't able to remain within the company for long because my position was only temporary (holiday help). So I can't say much other than what I've witnessed and honestly, it wasn't that bad. Plain and simple. Not bad at all. Great place to start if you want to get into the security field.
Headquarters