G4S Employee Reviews

Warm bodies
Upscale Security Officer (Former Employee) –  RIOctober 4, 2015
Warm bodies are needed to fill positions. A person at a very high level used their access to my information to ask me out on a date. That is unethical. But the security gigs were pretty well.
Pros
fun gigs
Cons
management beware
Harsh Working condidtions
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 20, 2015
G4S took over the contract that I was working under and decide to keep us on. I had been working at this site for 7 years and wrote all the security protocols. about 4 months after I they took over I was asked to leave the site due to the fact that my husband was sick and later died.
Pros
Cons
everything
Same schedule annually
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 20, 2015
A typical day of work of monitoring cameras alone and that was the only task to complete. The process of receiving a transfer took about 2 months.
Pros
good starting pay
Cons
same schedule and so flexibility
A job to start with
Security Officer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MISeptember 20, 2015
This company have a lots of site, you can get transferred if you like. Just like any other job you have to be focused. They do have a lot of over time!
Pros
over time
Cons
site mangers
Professional orginized and in order
Custom Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNSeptember 15, 2015
A well organized very serious organization focused on providing the very best in security services in private, public and correctional services. The people, the location and the lifelong lessons that can be carried on for the rest of my work life.
Pros
people and functions
Cons
uniform changes
Poorly Ran
Full-time Officer (Current Employee) –  confidentialSeptember 12, 2015
This place is a good starting place but very corrupt. If you try to report shady things and issues they will retaliate in targeting you or termination. But if you can sit down shut up not talk and be a duck you'll do fine. Decent pay and lots of hours. Little room for advancement. and no pay scale. Co-workers are all snakes in the grass. Supervisors listen to complaints but never fix anything. They pick and choose who is allowed to break the rules and who can not.
great company
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 11, 2015
this company is a great and exciting place to work for. they treat their employees with respect and professionalism. they also care about thier employees
If you have dignity you won't take this job.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OregonSeptember 8, 2015
Wan to work day, swing, and grave all in the same week? Be degraded and harassed on a regular basis? Enter into a hostile male dominated work environment?

This is the place to be!

Also, good luck getting a correct check on time! Or at all!
Pros
They sometimes pay you on time.
Cons
Pretty much everything.
Good Work Environment, Productive,
EMT (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 5, 2015
Management is good, Friendly place to work. The most enjoyable part of a work day is seeing all the different type of cars at the site I'm at.
Quiet and Calm work environment
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 1, 2015
The site in particular that i work at is Quiet and Calm. It is an job that would be good for almost any college student due to lots of quiet down time. The benefits are okay and pay is good for what you actually do. I personally received a lot of promotions during my time there, however that was due to good timing and positions opening up. Over all, working with G4S is good and it's not a tiring or over exerting job.
Pros
paid lunch with a straight 8 hour shift.
Cons
The job can be a bit strenuous in a Supervisory role.
doesn't pay as agreed
Sergeant of Security (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2015
they have a systematic wide problem with getting their payroll right. Since November 2014 to July 2015 they alleged that they had overpaid me which amounted to over $550.00. I quit because of that.
Cons
doesn't pay as agreed
Horrible management and environment,
EMT/fire officer (Former Employee) –  GMSP, Spring Hill, TNAugust 25, 2015
I would work an eight hour shift on a rotating schedule, have eight hours off and then have to be back at work when my shift changed. I suggested that the rotating shift employees have their shift in a reverse order, where it would start on first (6a-2p), then move to second (2p-10p), etc. I was reprimanded for making a suggestion to upper management without the site managers "approval". I did this in accordance with the union handbook for security officers since I had also been trained as one, but it was still frowned upon.
I did, however, learn a lot about fire suppression systems in a large, automobile factory setting.
A typical day as an EMT, would be depending on which shift I was working that day. It was a very large plant (on over 3000 acres), so I had to know every inch of the inside and outside of the plant. Most shifts did consist of completing walk throughs of different buildings to look for fire, injured personnel, etc., checking on different components of the fire system and knowing what to do if they were to malfunction, responding to fires and injured personnel, doing multiple perimeter checks of specific areas to make sure things were secure.
The hardest part was honestly learning all the buildings and the fastest way to get to certain areas from the outside. This was a fully build-out plant, so cars went from stamping out the metal for the outside to assembly, then paint, then building engine from molten metals and assembly of the powertrain to go in the vehicles.
The most enjoyable part was when actually getting to perform my EMT duties, and help save
  more... lives, or prevent further injury.  less
Pros
Good benefits
Bank Protection officer
Bank Protection officer- Armed (Current Employee) –  phoenix, AzAugust 23, 2015
Good company with decent benefits and pay, room to advance and very supportive environment. Everything is provided and all training and certifications are paid for.
Employee Saftey is Utmost Important
Custom Private Officer (CPO)/Protection Services (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 22, 2015
G4S is an amazing company to work for; however, they do not permit their officers to work more than 1 post in a day. I understand the reasons for it-saftey, but I am a single parent of a college student and need all the hours I can obtain. So, now i must find another company that has part time work for security officers.
Productive fun place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 21, 2015
I enjoy working at GSK- Aiken Sc fun place to work people very polite and caring nothing really hard at the job. Co workers very nice we all work on one accord as a team.
Unarmed Security Officer -USO (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 21, 2015
FIND THAT THE MORE BUSY WITH CUSTOMERS AND PATROLS THROUGH OUT THE SIGHT. YOUR DAYS GO FASTER THE BUSIER.

A GOOD TEAM IS GOOD TO WORK WITH AS WELL.
Pros
NONE
Cons
BREAKS
NOT FOR EVERYONE.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2015
THERE IS ALOT OF FAVORTISM AND DISRESPECT WITH THIS JOB. YOU CAN NOT HAVE ANY PERSONAL LIFE. AND YOU DONT GET ANY GOOD BENEFITS.
Pros
NONE
Cons
ALOT
No work security
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVAugust 14, 2015
No work security and hours arent guaranteed. They use you when the need you and give no notice when hrs are cut. None of the higher ups do their job correctly.
My day is daily logging ,transferring phone calls ,and costomer service
Receptionist/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJAugust 13, 2015
Overall a lot of traffic throughout the day at times it can be very busy to where I have to multitask managing the incoming and outgoing of visitors ,vendors,employees and contractors.
Pros
I meet new people
Cons
Not enough pay
Only good for a paycheck.
Custom Protection Officer for First Data Resources (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 10, 2015
Made daily routine security patrols.
Wrote out a daily duty log.
Signed out keys and badges daily.
Responded to alarms and sometimes medical incidents.
Monitored the alarm station.
Helped out daily staffing issues by calling other officers to fill in shifts that were not covered.
Pros
People
Cons
Management and lacking certain benefits.