G4S Employee Reviews

Found 3,061 reviews matching the search
You're just a number to them.
USO (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 6, 2017
Now I must say that I do not speak for all the locations just the Orlando office back when I worked there. The managers weren't
professional and there's no chance for promotion as they are always hiring new people every day whether or not they have posts available. If you do a good job it will go unnoticed but will notice your poor performance.
Pros
The day you no longer work for them
Cons
Too long to list.
fun off this we have duty 2sift morning and evening
faciliy supervisor (Current Employee) –  al-sailiya sports clubDecember 29, 2016
I'm learn so many thing from the company here is practical experience to control deployment .give them work knowledge every day briefing about job and c there grooming about work safety and behave training and prepare the all documents Daly attendance fell the supervisor checklist visit the site observed the man power and many more thing
thanks
Laid back environment
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 6, 2017
Here at G4S the environment was laid back. I had no issues with rude obnactious people. Everyone whom I worked with was kind and courtious. The management well higher ranked oficers where easy to ge along with and the location of the work building was in a really good place. Not far from good food for lunch breaks, and most of the restraunts delivered.
Pros
Short days
Cons
Long nights
Not a great place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 12, 2016
Though the pay was okay, the hours were not enough. I was told I would get 40 hours a week, they did not give that to me. They were also supposed to have me work at two different places, but they only had me at one place that gave me only seventeen hours a week which was not really enough for me to survive on. The management was poor and they communicated poorly.
Pros
Working under little supervision, no micromanagement
Cons
Not enough work, lack of communication
Contract Security depending on where you live
Upscale Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85034January 10, 2017
I been with this company over two years and is technically my first job. My typical work day is I guard a college campus where I graduated from so I really like it. Management wise it depends on where you live. Here in Phoenix the people in the office are nice with kick back attitudes, and will do what they can so you get the position you want. Overall my co-works were awesome, ran into a few bad eggs, but overall they are nice and professional. Since its a contract security you get paid on depending where you get placed and based on your education if you have police, or military experience or a masters or bachelors degree. You get paid from $10.30 to $19.50 or more depending where your placed at
Pros
excellent co-workers, management is okay, pay is okay
Cons
no breaks depending on where you at
Fun work place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Jobcentre and Hinkley pointFebruary 28, 2017
G4s are not a bad company to work in some ways ,but bad in other ways ,they are like most company's they have there ways ,in one way managers are not very unberstanding toward staff ,especially family problems ,but I can understand why ,but everyone has a family life and problems ,but I can say they have been good to me over the last few years
Pros
Cons
Sometimes
Great working enviroment. No forward movement.
Upscale Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Moon, PADecember 9, 2016
I do have a great time working for G4S. you do meaningful tasks such as walking the halls to make sure everything is sound. Management is exceptional. Most of the supervisors are willing to work with you and your personal schedule. There isn't a lot of room for progression unless you have a degree in a certain field. Benefits coverage is good, but expensive.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Not high paying, benifits are costly.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln Park, MI. &. Brownstown,miDecember 8, 2016
I found overall working for G4S to be a satisfying job. There were some small issues that never were resolved while i was employed there. Management was good. They were quick to handle my overall concerns. Not a bad place i enjoyed my time with them.
Pros
Pay, breaks, benefits, Shift supervisors were good, growth opportunities
Cons
schedule errors, unprofessional looking guards, inexperienced guards, Poor communication between site supervisor and employees
If you are military your job window is endless. If your not well good luck
Rover flex guard (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CADecember 8, 2016
I found out the hard way this company will not give you a chance to prove yourself if you are not military. They will float you around all over the area, having you work some very odd hours. It was mandatory to work 60 plus hours a week. It was a you scratch our back, and we leave you out to dry type deal.
Pros
No real pros to the job. The company is not civilian friendly
Cons
You had no say on work hours. They tell you when your going to work, and how long the shift is going to be.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Dispatch Officer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 11, 2016
What I take away from my experience with this company and the location that I am posted at is that you are interacting with all different types of people on daily basis. I particularly enjoy encountering people who are here in los angeles on vacation, most cases for the first time, I am usually happy to tell them all that there is to see in and around los angeles.
Pros
EVENTS, FARMERS MARKET, AND LUNCH TRUCK FRIDAYS
Corporate Management (operations) is terrible, only care about the bottom line, not the youth or staff
Management (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLDecember 28, 2016
This company is the Titanic, in process of being sold, they quality has went downhill during this process. Typical day was spent putting out fires and working with the youth to figure out their issues. Co-workers are dedicated but not given much recognition.
Pros
helping the youth
Cons
egomaniacs in Management
Contract Security is not a good career.
Fire/Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOMarch 27, 2017
The pay was mediocre. The turnover was so high that there was overtime constantly sometimes it was mandatory. The overall environment was that most people did not want to work there. Promotions were based solely on one managers choices. I interviewed for a small promotion and was passed up because they wanted me to take another promotion for the same pay but with weird swinging shift hours, then they kept bugging me about why I didn't want that position. The supervisors are often wannabe cops that either couldn't get hired by a Police department or work part time at places like Byrnes Mill and Olympian Village. The type of people that stay at a job like this long enough to promote are not the type of people you want to work for.
Pros
It was a reatively easy job with little work load
Cons
poor pay, terrible health insurance
G4S has been a life changer for me, its the kind of company that recognizes hardwork!
Director (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLJanuary 17, 2017
I have been at G4S for several years now and it has been a great experience for me. G4S has recognized my hard work and dedicated and has rewarded me beyond just compensation. The culture is that of a tight family and I appreciate the work life balance and flexibility.
Pros
Great culture, great leadership
Solid organization
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2017
Based upon my exposure G4S provides one of the better Training Programs. Additionally, due to its growth and experience within the field it offers sound opportunities for growth for those who apply themselves and have a desire to learn and grow within the Contract Security field.
Pros
Better than average pay for entry level officers
Cons
n/a
Exciting place to work
Flex Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 12, 2016
I was a security officer in a variety of settings. Coworkers pleasant. Long hours but moved quickly. Loved protecting & meeting people. Worked at a variety of locations in and around the San Antonio Texas area. Travelled in a tight radius. As a flex officer I would receive a new assignment without much notice and may not be at one location for an extended period of time but this.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
All positive
Always busy
Sercurity Officer (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 13, 2017
Always expect the unexpected. Meet people of all cultures.
Patience truck drivers have bad days just like everyone else
management is very helpful coworkers are a team we have one another back. The weather is the hardest. Most enjoyable part of the
job is you make really good friends with people that brighten your day when you see them
Pros
never boring
Cons
weather
life at work
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 19, 2016
The site is nice, the work is easy, but the staffing is the issue. Immature workers, everyone is constantly calling off and late. The supervisors are not respected by Management and staff. I learned that you must hold on to your integrity because they will try and strip you of it. However, I must say that I learned a lot more about how people think and act, which will help assist me moving forward.
G4S is a good company
Armed Customs Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 14, 2017
Out of all of my jobs I have worked at doing security G4S paid the most and offered the most overtime and just was a better company to work for. My work week average was 80-90 hrs a week. Plenty of work to go around and as long as you picked up your phone you got the hours! Good company. But keep in mind I had no life....I worked EVERYDAY!
Disorganized
Upscale Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Management at area office going through changes to no one knows what to expect. Sites and work becoming few and far between. Turnover is bad. Experienced much discourse at one site. Did learn new methods and worked well with most coworkers. Last site I worked was busy but laid back.
Cons
little advancement. low benefits. No mangement communidcation.
Decent work environment. Site management and treatment of employees is poor
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 1, 2016
Site management fails to address issues and has to be taken to upper management constantly.

Site Supervisor doesn't run the site as it is supposed to be ran. Have a lot of issues with employees always quitting because of it. Over time is constantly being generated because of this and the overtime is given to day shift employees without even posting it to other shifts.

Sometimes going to a supervisor or a site supervisor causes them to get disgruntled and then they make you feel like you are nothing for asking questions. Not all sites are like this, just the specific one I work at and constantly have to get a hold of the home office team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.