G4S Employee Reviews

Horrible company
Field Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXOctober 24, 2017
Management does not care about their officer and will put the blame for failures on the supervisor team even when the origin of the problem was upper management. They like to claim they don’t micro manage and then turn around and micro manage everything. Huge problem with communication, operations manager wants something done one way and the site supervisor wants it done another way but they don’t communicate with each other so the supervisor gets in trouble for not doing it right
Glad they fired me
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 24, 2017
I worked for this company for over 2 years. At first, it was ideal. When the office would call me I wouldn't hesitate to work anywhere they needed me, anytime. After I started school, I explained I wouldn't be able to work more than my scheduled 40 hours a week and they continued to blow my phone up all the time, then give me a hard time when I would have to say no. I went to a funeral one day and they spend the entire day calling my phone to get me to go to work for them at a site I wasn't even assigned to, all while accusing me of "dodging" their phone calls. Luckily, I was able to quit before they had the chance to terminate me for "insubordination". The worst part is they didn't tell me I was fired until the following week, and by then I had a pretty good idea of what was going on and quit before they could fire me.
Expand skills
Security Supervisor/Officer (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 24, 2017
The company was good to work for just looking to expand my skills. I have been a security manager for 3 years with the company and looking to expand my skills else where.
Competitive Workplace
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Caguas, PROctober 24, 2017
Competitive Environment.Great team work effort to achieve new accounts and maintain existing.The company provide the necessary tools to have outstanding results.
Pros
Well Known company
Cons
Cost of services sometimes high versus the competence.
"Who you know, not what you know"
Customs Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 24, 2017
If you enjoy kissing donkeys, this may be the perfect workplace for you. I've seen people who knew higher management and got promoted instantaneously. There is so many prior military who have lost their integrity and traded it in for money and power. Overall sad to see, especially when people who are in these supervisor positions don't even meet the requirements. For instance CPO (Customs Protection Officer), degrees, and experience.
Pros
Cons
Many
Reasonable work place, but can be umfair and hazardous.
Security Guard/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 23, 2017
Fair and reasonable with hours depending on the post, can be unfair and the work environment can be hostile. Overall it's a good job to have and good to have on the resume.
Pros
Advancement in the company. Looks good on resume.
Cons
Unfair at times, hostile work environment, pay can be low, and the company and main office is disorganized.
Great Company
Allied Universal Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2017
Fun people too work wit The Manager was a great person, The Recruiters was Awesome as well fun work place a great eviupment a all around satifated place
Omg....terrible work environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Clyde, OHOctober 23, 2017
Omg I didn't like it at all. The supervisor I had sucked and didn't explain anything good. You could tell that she was intimidated by other women she instantly took offence by them. And the schedule was always changing. When I was supposed to be off on the weekend as it got closer all of a sudden I was scheduled to work 12 hour shifts. It was always pretty boring and I wasn't allowed to have anything to protect myself with either.
Productive work place
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLOctober 23, 2017
I enjoy helping passengers, I also enjoy working as a team creating smiles for our vacationing passengers. The hardest part of the day is leaving my extended family.
Just a stepping stone for other careers
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 22, 2017
Slow, boring, if you are not included in assignment you are not told but when it happens- someone with high importance asks you and you look foolish and dumb. A lot of call outs thus force overtime despite your appointments outside of work.
Productive, fast paced professional environment.
SIU Field Representative, Western Regional Office (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2017
SIU Field Representative, field investigation, case management, time management and professional customer service skills will provide successful results in this field of insurance claims related case investigation.
relaxed work environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Charlson, NDOctober 22, 2017
Management was excellent, hardest part of the job was 12 hr days 7 days a week and an hour drive to and from work, management took great care of employees
Pros
lots of room for advancement great pay and perdium
Cons
long hours long drive to site
Review
Up Scale Security officer. (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAOctober 21, 2017
the managements was well balanced, and got things done when they said they would. The training was great, in depth, and everyone was friendly, and helpful.
Pros
Good managment.
Cons
turnover rate
Great pay
Transportation Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 21, 2017
The contract I work on is great as far as pay but we don't have enough help.They work us to death with forced overtime. I've worked there for over 5 years and only once with a paycheck without overtime.
G4S is a great place to work.
Hotel Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 21, 2017
G4S is a great place to work. Free parking, free meal, uniform is nice, training on site. Excellent co workers and extremely supportive management. Very professional company overall. I am happy here, plan to stay longer.
Pros
nice co-workers in this post, free parking, very professional training and supportive management
Great
Security Officer- Marriott DIA (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 20, 2017
Had fun, work place was great and I got 40 a week! The company provided great training and uniforms. Pay was great and they always paid on time. Just know you will have fun
Pros
greta atmosphere
Cons
n/a
Job
Supervisor/Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Avenel, NJOctober 20, 2017
It was a good job until a company took over their contract. It was a easy job one you learned it. The only thing I would say is come to work and do what you have to do.
ok place
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Bath, PAOctober 19, 2017
Log in vehicles in inbound/outbound. Inside posts involved checking bags & employees. Take care of alarms, report incidents, keep people & property safe.
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
short breaks, work holidays, too much overtime/mandations
fun and very competitive which is great for people like myself.
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 19, 2017
this is a great company to work for for all people who have prior or current lawenforcement work,prior or current military or a criminal justice degree.
It takes the individual guard, G4S, and the client to succeed.
Security Guard / Gate Guard (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHOctober 19, 2017
I learned that things are not always what they seem. There is a lot of client hand-holding vs allowing guards the time to explain. Management needs to work on guard morale vs workplace placement. Sometimes the guard is correct and the client needs to look at their management team to make things work for both companies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.