G4S Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,533 reviews matching the search
Good Place to work
Internal/ Hospital Inmate Transport (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 7, 2016
I work constantly with inmates, transporting them to their destinations within the jail and at the hospitals. You constantly have to keep your head on a swivel making sure you do your part in keeping staff members, civilians, and inmates safe.
Pros
You work hands on with diffent weapons and safety measures
Cons
Lack of Progression
Tulsa Local Office is disorganized and unaware of the needs of clients and officers...
Director of Security (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 2, 2016
Great company to work for. Fantastic pay and benefits in the armed positions or director, Assistant Director and Supervisory positions. The best thing to do is your job to the best of your ability. Do what you're told not what is right seems to be the motto there. Too much politics are involved in those higher up positions...you'll never win that battle....steer clear if you can
Pros
Great pay and benefits as a Director, Assistant Director or Supervisor
Cons
Poor communication, dishonest or misleading at times, long hours no appreciation
Run away if working at Tulsa Office covering sites!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 3, 2016
Pays great but your just a number to them. If you want to do real Security this is NOT the place. Observe and report or call 911 even if your watching someone get beat up or anything of that nature. Hands off approach even on private property...citizens arrest? Don't even think about it...they think they'll deter with a uniform...the word is out that G4S can't and won't do anything...becareful, they don't get any respect here
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
They dont care about employees, high turnover, no consistency with management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 2, 2016
The site I worked at was poorly staffed, they had 1 person working utility which means they had to relieve every1 for bathroom breaks, medical transports, interior inspections, outside inspections, and running everything, while trying to get everything you need to get done for the day
Pros
some posts were easy
Cons
low staff, low pay
a very intense place and everybody is very serious.no fun
Sercurity Officer (Current Employee) –  8001 villa park drive henrico ,vaApril 17, 2016
A typical day on this job consist of meeting and greeting clients as they report to work. Paroling designated areas of the complex.This is a very intense position that require that I have a strong knowledge of the day to day process of the company. Management is very helpful in keeping the employees update on latest trends, and training, which are in line with the company policies and procedures. Most of my co-workers are very dedicated and helpful individuals.We work as a team. i feel that the hardest part of my job is a lot of writing reports. I have to make sure every incidents is reported and documented correctly.
However, at the end of the day, I feel that I have performed my job and duties to the best of my knowledge.
Pros
very good health benifits
Cons
no type of pension plan
Good trainers and staff
Custom Protection Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 28, 2016
The management is very knowledgeable but sometimes lack communtication, which happens when you have too many workers under just one manager. The training officer is engaging and intelligent, very willing to help someone who is new to the world of security.
Protection of Proprietary Information
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodlawn, MD and Reisterstown, MDMay 21, 2016
Protection of Client Proprietary Information and monitor electronically both interior and exterior alarms to ensure top security performance in the protection of client data as well as client employees.
Pros
Friendly working and social relations with the client staff
Cons
No upward mobility
g4s
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  GuamAugust 1, 2016
i learned how to secure areas. i had to write hourly reports to make others know i did my job. the management was alright. the coworkers were all very friendly and great to work with. there was no hard part in the job. the most enjoyable part of my job was to meet new people and to achieve the goals that i set.
very time consuming but offer stability
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2016
I've worked for the company for four years and wanted to move up as a supervisor, the company has its picks also they do not go by seniority, you could be there for years on call when they need you working tirelessly and just when you think you've put in hard work to move up the ladder they hire brand new people train them and give them the job you desired..
Pros
you cant get easily fired
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 25, 2016
Good place to work. The work is good work. Potential for overtime if desired and lots of advancement and promotions. Sometimes the work will interfere with your life or plans but that is the nature of this type of job. Good benefits are offered here, paid vacation. health insurance etc.
A good company to work for.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 17, 2016
I enjoined the years I worked for them. I liked all of my co-workers. I learned about having patients. I enjoyed the inter action with the employees. A typical day was checking IDS and patrolling inside building.The management did not come around to check the site often enough.
Job review
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMarch 25, 2016
I enjoy working for security. I have worked many years and have stayed in this industry because I have allowed myself to communicate with the public and meet new people. Additionally, a day of work in Muskogee, Ok started at the plant named Vallourec. Where workers would come in from Texas to either unload pipe or load. My duties were to sign them in onto a computer and make sure they had an appointment in the morning. I also worked in the whare house. Where employees would need a part for their machine or forklift, I would patrol to the whare house and any given time and help them find their part. I also answered phone calls and spoke to management when or if needed.
Pros
worked by myself
Cons
job chose to go in house
nice place to work for
security officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2016
worked from 2 pm until 10 pm some time longer. Learned to get along with all kinds of people. Management was great to work with nice people. loved my co-workers. the most hardest part of the job was the drive to get to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was patrolling the community, getting out of the office an seeing the people.
Pros
holidays
Cons
no breakes
not a good company to make a career out of.
Upscale Security Officer (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, OR 97058August 26, 2016
from reading other reviews. sounds like g4s is a very poor company to work for. Pay,Managment, Respect. Are the worst I.ve been around. For me, I'm retired, its not that bad. Because I've been around a little bit.
Pros
work is easy. no physical labor'
Cons
pay. respect.
Great starter job for young people but not a career choice.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Okeechobee, FLJune 17, 2016
Great job to work to be a role model for youth and to build communication skills. But dealing with management will discourage and derail staff morale within company.
Pros
Healthcare benefits, perks, and opportunities to grow
Cons
Hostile worrking place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHMarch 18, 2016
This company is very unprofessional me and another co worker called at least 5 to 8 times a day asking for shifts. We didn't get any replies the supervisors are not very good at there jobs there lazy and wont give you hours unless its 3 am when there calling for you to cover a 4 hour shift. I was hired on full time and was told i wasn't promised 20 hours a week. I recommend that you don't work here they will place you where people have bed bugs in the ghetto or section 8 you have been warned.
Pros
There are no pros for this company
Cons
Terrible place to work, Bedbugs, Section 8, Horrible supervisors
Job only for young people or retired people
Bank Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2016
This contract is horrible. The bank's corporate security, who set all the rules which G4S agreed with, can care less about what an officer goes through. The officer goes through intense heat in the summer with a vest on and they could care less. Freezing cold so what. They give you a extra 5 min break to warm up or cool off (smh). People think they must pay $20 an hour (lol) yeah right. All they tell you is what you can't do. And they wonder why good qualified officers don't wanna become a supervisor. If you want this job, be prepared to be disappointed.
Pros
Great networking with the customers
Cons
poor pay for a dangerous job / no holiday pay or sick pay
Nice place to work when they had cafeteria that cooked real food.
Site Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 31, 2016
In a active call center there will be something to do , whether its a medical emergency, someone parked in employee of month space who was not approved to do so etc...
I 've learned to be more patient and all things will work out for the better most of the time .
Management folks some were ok and co -workers ah some good to work with and some you could have done without.
Not having enough trained staff and having your team and yourself to work doubles or sometimes triples to cover the shifts.
Most enjoyable part of job was helping people in need by having a listening ear when people needed someone just to vent to or listen as well as meeting new and different people from across the world .
Pros
took 30 minute lunch while still on clock
Cons
couldn't leave site for lunch
G4s
Manager, Critical Facility Officer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 6, 2016
G4S is a great company. Everyday I come in ready to lead my team to a successful day. I lead six officers in providing security for the IRS building and insuring that the public's information stays safe in the processing building.
Pros
Great Co Workers
Cons
Some times Long Hours
Just wondering...
none (Former Employee) –  here and thereJune 18, 2016
I wonder how much business this company is going to lose since they hired The Orlando, nightclub gunman? Clients and future Clients are all going to wonder just how good/bad a background check G4S does on their guards.
Pros
must not check your background very well.
Cons
The Orlando, Fla., nightclub gunman

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.