G4S Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,325 reviews matching the search
The worst company that i've ever worked for
Upscale Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 8, 2016
Checks are always getting messed up on top of the pay being low already. The management team completely sucks. The only good thing about this job is that you will at least get a check, it'll most likely be short but its better than nothing.
Pros
its income
Cons
Low pay
Productive and quite site
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLApril 6, 2016
I work over nights and everything is fairly slow at that time. Observation is taking through all computer monitors, id is ask for upon arrival to see resident.
has issues with motivating workers
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 6, 2016
the day would always start with a complaint and keep going down hill
employees didn't work well with each other. everyone passed the buck and training in some cases never got done
Not a good place to work, very unfair to their most loyal employees
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 6, 2016
G4s do not take care of their employees
Upper mangerment office employees date each other
They do not listen to their employees
I worked for them with no call outs, no write ups and they pushed me up against the wall and forced me to quit.
I felt as though they were unfair because they wanted to move me, cut me pay and demote me without any explaination.
This is one of the reasons they have a high turn over rate.
They dog out the good and loyal employees.
They took all of my man hood and caused a lot of health problems for me ex. high blood pressure/ lots of stress
However they paid me unemployment after I quit so that said a lot and they know they did a lot of us wrong.
Pros
IT A JOB
Cons
NONE
Good company to work for
Corporal (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 6, 2016
work in a college setting with an outstanding coworker. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interactions with the students and staff. That is also the most difficult part of the job at times.
Best Security Company
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 6, 2016
If you're going to work for a security agency then G4S is overall the best there is. They offer 401K, healthcare, life insurance, shopping discount benefits through Great 4 Savings, furthering education with accredited colleges at a discount, and more.

Your work environment varies, but you do work very closely with the client at most job sites. You work independently and separately from clients, but your duty is important in that it helps maintaining regular work operations depending on your work site.
Pros
Training, professional and friendly supervisors, very organized work sites
Cons
Inconvenient Schedules at some work sites
Not What I Thought It Would Be
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 4, 2016
I can only speak for the one site I was at. There is only so much I have seen with the company as a whole. There was way too much drama at the site I was at. The supervisor would talk about you behind your back even when you thought you were doing a good job. It got so bad to the point where the job became stressful and miserable to be at. They wanted me to do rounds outside unarmed at night alone when there was an obvious risk for safety. When I did tell them something was unlocked they would not fix it. You could never get a hold of the office, and even if you did they wouldn't get back to you until the end of the week instead of that day. You are not trusted to do your job. The people in charge at my site were constantly telling you if you missed a round and they would keep track of it on the computer. One day they actually printed them out and highlighted the ones missed. It got to the point where no one wanted to work at this place. They even took someone from my site and moved them to another site before replacing them so we were short. We would have to work extra hours not always scheduled to fill in if someone called off or took a day off. They promise you so much that doesn't happen. They tell you there are so many opportunities for advancement but you never hear about them. Even if you do, it could take months to move to another place. I've only heard other things about other sites and they all have their issues. I can't think of many positive things to say about this company. I have never worked at a place this bad before.
Pros
Simple job, lots of hours/overtime, exit interview to give feedback
Cons
Drama, unsafe working conditions, pay, unorganized, lack of communication
not much to say
special police officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 3, 2016
job security is the issue with short breaks, but pays well and opportunities for ot also the parking situation was horrible
Run away if working at Tulsa Office covering sites!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 3, 2016
Pays great but your just a number to them. If you want to do real Security this is NOT the place. Observe and report or call 911 even if your watching someone get beat up or anything of that nature. Hands off approach even on private property...citizens arrest? Don't even think about it...they think they'll deter with a uniform...the word is out that G4S can't and won't do anything...becareful, they don't get any respect here
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
They dont care about employees, high turnover, no consistency with management
Tulsa Local Office is disorganized and unaware of the needs of clients and officers...
Director of Security (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 2, 2016
Great company to work for. Fantastic pay and benefits in the armed positions or director, Assistant Director and Supervisory positions. The best thing to do is your job to the best of your ability. Do what you're told not what is right seems to be the motto there. Too much politics are involved in those higher up positions...you'll never win that battle....steer clear if you can
Pros
Great pay and benefits as a Director, Assistant Director or Supervisor
Cons
Poor communication, dishonest or misleading at times, long hours no appreciation
Very professional and fun work enviroment
Concierge Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2016
I enjoy working for this company. Also, I enjoy my position at the Sprint site. I check employee badges, verify visitors state identification cards and ensure the safety of employees and the property.
Benefits are really great
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 2, 2016
The benefits offered by G4S are really great. There's not too many companies that offer such great benefits! Company also offers a good work life balance.
Petty employees and management make this an undesirable workplace.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Dundee, MIApril 1, 2016
Management is useless. Union was unwilling to help employees in the only case in which their assistance was requested. Lies allowed employess to be terminated without cause.
very time consuming but offer stability
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2016
I've worked for the company for four years and wanted to move up as a supervisor, the company has its picks also they do not go by seniority, you could be there for years on call when they need you working tirelessly and just when you think you've put in hard work to move up the ladder they hire brand new people train them and give them the job you desired..
Pros
you cant get easily fired
Cons
Awsome place to work if you are a people person
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 1, 2016
The best part of the day at this job is walking in to the training room each morning looking at people faces and they seem to really be there to learn something new.
Pros
Get to know a lot of people
Cons
Can work long hours
Nice place to work when they had cafeteria that cooked real food.
Site Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 31, 2016
In a active call center there will be something to do , whether its a medical emergency, someone parked in employee of month space who was not approved to do so etc...
I 've learned to be more patient and all things will work out for the better most of the time .
Management folks some were ok and co -workers ah some good to work with and some you could have done without.
Not having enough trained staff and having your team and yourself to work doubles or sometimes triples to cover the shifts.
Most enjoyable part of job was helping people in need by having a listening ear when people needed someone just to vent to or listen as well as meeting new and different people from across the world .
Pros
took 30 minute lunch while still on clock
Cons
couldn't leave site for lunch
If you actually worked in security. Dont work here your experience doesnt matter
USO (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 31, 2016
Office in birmingham alabama is pityful lack of communication. Unless you are in the circle of friends with office staff. Dont look foward to any promotions. They overlook the real talent they have in this company. I would never recommend this to a dog.
Pros
NONE
Cons
EXPERIENCE DOESNT MATTER..DISCRIMATION IS HIGH
Watch Your Pay and Benefits
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 31, 2016
Working with this company you need to watch your pay constantly. I have reported them to the Department of Labor for lost wages, and I know most people on my site have spoken openly about how this company has cheated them of their money. If you have to do a security job don't go to this company because you will lose money.
Security of the Future
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIMarch 30, 2016
G4S is a international security company with many opportunities for advancement! This company has on the job training and training to further your career in security. they have many security positions within the armed guard and unarmed guard.
Security at pryor site
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pryor Creek, OKMarch 30, 2016
This place sucks the pay and how they don't pay for holidays worst company I ever worked for they don't care about there employees at all and there training sucked
Pros
Cons
Eveything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.