G4S

G4S Employer Reviews

G4S
Security Officer/Guard (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 25, 2014
Pros: i do my job and always get paid
Cons: if you want to put in for a job with the same company but in another state, no one can help get information for you.
I learned a new repect for the Security Officer/Guard career
I work with some great folks and even though some overly qualified they didn't get hung up on it.
I was always encouraged to apply for pomotions and upgraded poitions.
security officer (Current Employee), UAE AJ marnJune 22, 2014
Looking forward for an organization that offers a challenging, stimulating, learning environment to work in and provide scope for individual & organization development, which offers attractive prospects for long term development and career growth.
hi turnover rate
Security Guard (Current Employee), Lauderdale Lakes, FLJune 21, 2014
Fast paced work environment always on the go. I have learned how to be more patient with kids and get to know them a little better. management is very disrespectful and has no compassion for employees. the hardest part of the job is breaking up fights and making sure that one does not get injured in the process.the most enjoyable part is talking to – more... the youths and giving advice that might hopefully impact their lives after detention. – less
Avoid At All Costs
Security Officer (Current Employee), Belvidere, ILJune 18, 2014
Cons: everything
G4S is one of the most worst security companies to work for. Don't care about the employees or their families. No Benefits! Forced over time due to poor management skills.
broken promises, no integrity, belittle you and pay is lousy
Thaddeus Stevens College guard (Former Employee), Lancaster, PaJune 18, 2014
Cons: everything
Worked here since April 21, 2014. I was promised 40 hrs but when arrived at the college was only 32 hrs. I was told they have plenty of work and would make sure I got 40 hrs. Never happened. I carried a firearm for 26 years hold many certifications (more than the whole management team and employees put together) but was told I couldn't carry here because – more... I didn't meet the qualifications. What a joke. I am leaving today to work for a better security company with better pay and benefits where I can carry a firearm. I suggest do not waste your time working here unless you like dead end jobs with no integrity.. – less
military type of job
BPO Bank Protection officer (Former Employee), Baltimore MDJune 18, 2014
Pros: good uniforms for the job.
Cons: they don't show any care about there employees well being
great uniforms, guns need to be updated, and management need replacement. If management can't lead by example did who do we learn from. If we as security officers uniforms are clean , then our managers uniforms need to be clean too. If we as security officers are trained and fit for the job, then our managers need to be as well. Lead by example.
good job
Security Guard (Current Employee), Columbus, MSJune 16, 2014
nice job to work if your young and just starting out. The pay could be a lot better.
G4S/RSS - Terrible place to work.
Nuclear Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Seabrook, NHJune 13, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits were good, training is excellent.
Cons: everything else.
They may pay well, but the job will take your life away. The working conditions are terrible and the management is terrible. There is an approximately 40% annual attrition rate, which should speak volumes more than I can here in this blurb. The only saving grace of this job was the non-supervisory people who could tough it out. They are great people – more... and the only reason the place even functions at all. – less
Security Officer (Current Employee), Dallas txJune 11, 2014
• Inbound and Outbound calls.
• Made Badges
• Car patrol and Foot patrol
• Watched CCTV monitors
good work place
Security Officer (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJune 8, 2014
Pros: full work week
normal routine for a security officer.
I know the requirements for the position
management is good
co-workers are good.
maintain vigilance.
Doing the job correctly
G4S has been a overall great experience
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 5, 2014
I have learned a lot since i have been employed by the government.
Professional position with an enormous amount of responsibility.
Customer Service Security Analyst (Current Employee), Berkeley, MOJune 3, 2014
Cons: no room for advancement or pay increases.
I am employed by, G4S as my employer. However, my post is at Express Scripts. I am not a typical Security Officer. I work in the Security Control Center, where I monitor all alarms and cameras for, Canada, China and the US. This position requires a positive attitude and being a self starter with the ability to work solo. All communication is by phone – more... or email.

The hardest part of this position was at the beginning, when I was brand new to the Security environment. It is by no means an easy job with lots to learn. How to communicate with Directors and Sr. Directors and the Management Team. Writing methods of communication. Knowing when to take authority with having the Police dispatched to a site with alarm activity. The list is endless.

A typical day at work is setting up more than one computer for my cameras and my work station. I handle all inbound telephone calls, Crisis Alerts, Incidents regarding damage to buildings or employees being hurt on the job; along with performing all Administrative Duties.

I enjoy my position with all my heart and soul. However, I've been working at the same position for three (3) years now with no room for advancement and no opportunity for pay increases. This is not due to my personal work performance. We are not employed by, Express Scripts. We are employed by, G4S and contracted out to Express Scripts.

I am ready to enhance my career and move forward as I have reached the peak of my ability at this position. – less
A great stepping stone into the competitive security world
Customs Protection Officer (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 2, 2014
Fun job to hold after graduating from college, pay was decent, it varies by states, regions and such so that caused a bit of disruption on my part, however, all in all it is not a bad company. Good benefits, job security.
fun
Security Guard (Former Employee), qatarJune 1, 2014
the company was very active in sport so much,so we had to go for sports during free times they had sports like football,boxing and volley ball so it was fun and good also for health
Terrible company RUN AWAY FAST
Custom protection officer (Former Employee), Miami,flMay 31, 2014
Pros: you get a paycheck
Cons: no pay raises, no 401k with match, unaffordable health insurance, no promotions
Working for G4S is deadend, the company is aweful. They offer a paycheck and that's it. There's no pay raises, no sick time, aweful benefits. Every site I worked at always had employees quitting. The turnover for employees has to be at 100%. When I 1st took the job I was happy and expected a career, I sadly mistaken. G4S is a complete deadend with no – more... chance of a career. Supervisors make a dollar extra then regular guards. G4S makes millions in profits every year and doesn't take care of it's employee. Stay away from this company if you can. If you can't find any work use g4s as a stop gap job until you can find real employment with a good company. – less
no job security, hours cuts, pay is ok
security guard (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 31, 2014
Pros: pay is ok, duties are easy, good working schedule
Cons: hours cut, constantly losing their contracts
Don't work here management promises u all the time job security, but it's a bunch of lies as well they cut ur hours real bad. Once they lose the client contract u are jobless due to poor management because they are not able to look for more contracts.
g4s
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee), GeorgiaMay 31, 2014
Pros: always a position avaliable
Cons: random hours
a tad unorganized amount of management i would often have to remind the staff about missing hours on my time sheet
No chance of advancement, horrible hours, no breaks, eager to write you up
Upscale security officer (Current Employee), Palatka, flMay 30, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: no advancement, no breaks, no sick time, screw your pay up every time, always change the schedule
Been working for company 3 months. Told I was full time but that was a lie. I was PRN for a long time. There is no chance if advancement, and it is written in the contract; no raise. After tour probationary period you get one. However, they made my start date a month later than I actually started. There are no breaks, even in a 12 hr. shift. Horrible – more... working conditions. If you call out sick you are written up. Schedule changes daily so you cant have any type of life. Overall I can see how this company is number 1 in the world. Nothing good to say other than "It's a job." – less
Still another guard company
Custom Programmed Officer (Current Employee), Polk County FloridaMay 29, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: no comensurate pay, client imbedding thier own inside the company sites, week knee puppets with captain bars. it can go on.
So much bling on their webpage in the USA and in Europe. Yet they still consider you a number to make money and give you all the pats on the backs you want, till you fall.

It's good to work yes, be able to eat. That's all they are good for and they know it. Running into the G4S person from Europe about a year ago and he said it best.

USA G4S is a – more... clustermuck.....

People who are in uniform and have brass on their shoulders are diluting themselves. Unless of course you have relations with the client as former employee and are put there to keep an eye on things.

I saw it posted a few times about G4S and its so true,

No matter how many way-to-gos you have one oops and you are history.

Work for them and make do and be realistic about it. You are better than they are and are there just to find the right path later.

Good luck. – less
professional work place.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMay 28, 2014
Pros: lots of great benefits.
Cons: management with experience. higher pay.
Good company to work for. You can work world wide I thing this company need to take over the port contract due to the fact this company has a lot of professional security officer that can handle dangers situations at any given time this company is the best security company world wide.

About G4S

G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The – Read more