GAMEVIL USA, Inc., a global leader in smartphone and social games is looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join its team as a games translator. This is a contract position in El Segundo, CA.
Local Candidates Only
- Translate provided English text into German as instructed
- Re-write and edit translated documents
- Meet submission deadlines
- Test and proof integrated translations in alpha, beta, pre-launch game versions
- Work closely with game team members to ensure accuracy and integrity of translations
- Strong and fluent command of German grammar, punctuation rules, and style
- Moderate or better command of German language
- Understanding of cultural and ethical issues for German and English language
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to research and find suitable answers on any topics
- Basic understanding of information technologies, such as office applications and email
- Basic understanding of copyright issues
- Experience in video game or translation industry is a plus
- Familiarity with text-heavy games, role-playing, fantasy and sports subjects is a plus
- Command of additional languages is a plus (especially French, Spanish or Portuguese)
- College degree, professional college degree.
The job description may be adjusted at any time at the sole discretion of GAMEVIL USA, Inc.