GE Appliances Employee Reviews

productive and competitive
Dispatch Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 21, 2017
my day would start at 4:00 am every morning. I would start by looking at our over all loads for the day and start coordinating everything for morning shift that were coming in at 5am, I had loads that had bill times so I would get everything time sensitive out as fast as I could so that we wouldn't get charge detention time. while doing that through out the day I had to keep up with will calls and phone in dispatch and keep with about 20 to 25 employees and made sure that they had work on them at all times. I learned over the years how to multitask quite well.GE is a very fast passed environment but thanks to the years I put in the warehouse I knew how things worked and helped out tremendously in the office. the hardest part of my day was around noon every day. rush our and most employees go to lunch so truck drivers wouldn't get out as fast and would get a bit impatient. the most enjoyable part of my job is the feeling of being able to do my job and do it well, it feels good to know things and perform them well, I liked knowing that I was an asset to the company.
Pros
decent pay good benefits
Cons
alot of hrs and no room for growth after going through lead/supervisor/dispatch
Lots of amenities and great overall
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 16, 2017
Our Case Management team was close and helpful and fun to be around. Lunchroom caterers, benefits, celebrations, holidays off, baskets of fruit every morning, CEO was friendly and talked to everyone, free latte and ice tea/juices, training was exceptional, beautiful and clean building, clean bathrooms, your own cubicles, consistency,circulating fresh air, managers and supervisors are excellent.
Enjoyable environment
Health Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 31, 2017
My typical day at work is basically sitting at the front desk to greet gym members and answer any health related questions they may have. Any time I don't have the answers to someone's question, I know my coworkers and managers will have the answers so I have learned a lot by working with them because it's working knowledge, opposed to sitting in a classroom listening to someone talk at you. My coworkers and managers make the job so much more fun and interesting. I also love that I get to interact with the members and make more connections with people. The hardest part of my job is a difficult question to answer, as I don't really struggle with the tasks at hand. If I had to answer, it would honestly just be trying to be more creative when it comes to making workout programs or slides for our TV slideshow. I truly enjoy my job, I just wish I was full time so that I could continue to grow and enhance my career.
Good Place to Work
Commercial Finance Intern & Systems Expert (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 9, 2017
The overall company was a good place to work at, as it had very friendly employees. You are given a significant amount of freedom on your work, and you are able to move up.
Great Place
On-Site Supplier Quality Engineer (Intern) (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 8, 2017
Great organization, with room to grown professionally with solid performance. The team of employees at GE are willing to share their experiences to enhance your development.
Great place to work!
Technology Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 8, 2017
Great experience and great people to work with! It really depends who your manager and team are, but mine were very nice! The projects were also challenging but still attainable.
Do not work here
Absentee Replacement (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALSeptember 14, 2017
Its almost impossible to get hired, then once you get hired, you get a target painted on your back, and you either make the right people happy, or you will be weeded out.
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Nasty environment, nasty people, nasty pay.
Haier
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40225September 7, 2017
Started working at GE before Haier bought the company. So the culture and policies have changed. Its a good place to work if your trying to get manufacturing experience. With the way the company is cutting jobs to save money it makes it more difficult to get higher level jobs because everything is seniority based. Good company to work for as far as the benefits discounts etc. Management in the section I work in are professional and take care of the employees. The company is really big on safety and cleanliness of the park.
Pros
Major appliance Company
Cons
Low compansation
We just had some get together like every other month
Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  4000 buechel bank Rd ,Louisville, KY 40225August 24, 2017
Just be yourself try not to let the job get the best of you and enjoy your time. I enjoyed my time at GE. It's just time for me to fine a better environment. And better myself.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Poor management
Nice work place
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 22, 2017
Wonderful place to work, excellent pay, wonderful co-workers, fun activities, easy to talk to supervisors. This company gives interns a great start in their working career. Kept up with technology.
Nothing to do
DATA ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 8, 2017
I find myself in an interesting position at work of trying to properly play the office politics and trying to attain work to provide some worth. The training program was scattered and insufficient. The leadership doesn't seem to be on the same page. I try to eagerly request things they want worked on- until I can finally get a better understanding of the company system and process and go hunting for my own projects to help the company with. But I'm left hanging all day.

Most days I leave work without attaining that satisfaction with the job I put in, despite my efforts.
Pros
Good attitude and pleasant demeanor throughout the team
Cons
There doesn't appear to be any real structure to what they're doing
great place to learn processes and has very good products
Sales Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 20, 2017
great place to learn processes and has very good products. Working directly with customers who resell products is always a learning experience and never a day without a new thing learned.
Was a great place for contractors to work until 2016
Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 2, 2017
Contractors are now treated like second class citizens. It was a great place to work until this began. Now I would not advise anyone to take a contract roll there. For their full time employees they are the best place in Louisville to work.
Pros
On site cafe
Cons
Treatment of contractors is horrid
Purpose driven company
Quote Team Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 29, 2017
This is by far the best company I have worked for. I work in the national sales center and it is not your typical call center. Leadership in the building work very hard to ensure you succeed. They work with you and your schedule to make sure you're successful in your position and that your have a balance between work and life. They have a "fun committee" that plans different events throughout the year to make sure it's not just work, work, work each day.
Repetitive Job With No Advancement
Manufacturing Team Member (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 7, 2017
Seniority is a huge part of the job. No promotions are made based on ability but by time worked. Very repetitive and nowhere for the future to take you.
Union environment with no control
Safety (Former Employee) –  KentuckyMay 15, 2017
Management has lost control of the union at this location. It is not uncommon to see a worker get into the face of a supervisor and curse them with little to no repercussions.
Union employees are badly represented.
General Laborer/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 9, 2017
When I first started at G.E. Appliances over four years ago It was an awesome job. Unfortunately that all changed. I wouldn't advise anyone to apply here.
Decent when owned by GE, downhill with Haier takeover
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 6, 2017
Work morale is low and unimportant to management. Only priority on shop floor is making numbers, no concern for quality. Ignore employee concerns about quality and safety. Blame employees for quality issues and management isn't held accountable. No desire to work with employees on personal matters that require absences or leaving early/coming in late, even if the employees have personal or vacation time. Increased insurance premiums and cut raises.
OK place to work
Software Trainer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 5, 2017
GE Appliances is an OK place to work, the culture is a little too corporate for me. Communication between teams is lacking and can be frustrating at times.
Pros
cafeteria food is ok
Cons
no real communication
it was a great learning experience.
Line Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALMarch 24, 2017
meeting new people and getting a taste of factory line work was a pretty decent experience. the pay could be better but for the most part the job is ok.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Appliances. Our community is ready to answer.