GE Aviation Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
CAN software development (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 23, 2017
I was only there a short time as a contractor but it was enough time to know how good the culture is. The company understood that you have a life away from the office.
Digital Industrial Complex
IT Technical Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 23, 2017
The employees of GE are incredible and wonderful to work with. This is a highly competitive IT work environment with very few training opportunities outside of self-paced, computer based training
Establishment there was laidback and reserved.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHMay 21, 2017
Although I wasn't there for a long stretch of time, the atmosphere at this plant was very reserved and laid back. Majority of the employees there were averaging over the age of 60. So the work routine was preset,orderly and predictable. I'd be willing to replant my feet for this company again.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Supervisors werent around
Summary
Fleet Data Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 15, 2017
Stressful. Good benefits/pay do not out-weight the negatives of the corporate structure. It is very structured with little room to add creativity or personal opinion to upper management stance.
Great Opportunities, Neat Projects
Senior Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI 49512May 10, 2017
Hard to find one company that is involved in so many industries. If you are early in your career, there are several initiatives provided just to help advance quickly. Great talent and initiative is recognized.
Pros
Good benefits, lots of VERY smart folks to learn from
Cons
Due to company size, sometimes slow to react...
Excellent company
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 7, 2017
Excellent company to work for. The benefits they have to balance your work life and your personal life are top notch. Both parents get 6 weeks (30 days) when a new baby joins the family; days that can be used as the parent sees fit. Great advancement opportunities, and the culture they have in place helps you reach your goals and succeed.
Productive workplace
Sr. Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 30, 2017
Aviation has a bright future and has been a fun place to learn and grow. Much more is coming down the pipe to advance the industry. Co workers are smart.
Productive work place with challenging projects
GEnx Customer Technical Program Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 30, 2017
At GE you will be challenged on a day to day basis with different projects. Company has many opportunities and roles to allow growth in any part of your career
Pros
work life balance
Cons
pay, locations
Can be a challenging place to work but also rewarding
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 27, 2017
A typical day at GE Aviation is a challenge but can be a rewarding one. I learned that there is a huge need for process improvement. Management can be resistant to change. The culture is quite closed and it can be difficult for someone who joins mid-career. Making impact on customer is the rewarding part.
Good
Manufacturing Associate, manufacturing assembly (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIApril 19, 2017
Worked third shift on eight hour days. I learned about Teaming and the importance of it. The hardest part was needed more training. The best part of the day was to go home.
Pros
paid for uniforms, good pay and bonus
Cons
working third shift and not enough training.
GE aircraft engines is in the process of offshoring mechanical design and analysis.
Engineer, Senior Staff Engineer, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 12, 2017
My early career at GE was excellent. The latter part was not as satisfying since the work/life split was tilted way too much towards work for the senior staff. We were tasked with training engineers in Mexico, India, Poland & Turkey. These were smart people but the time needed to train them and the interaction between sites required a lot of off hour interaction.
Pros
The work itself was pinnacle of technology and very interesting.
Cons
Currently GE is offshoring design and analysis of aircraft engines.
Very stressful/lack of balance
Configuration Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 8, 2017
The job itself was great, I really liked what I did. The overhead time spent documenting metrics, interpreting metrics, projecting metrics, and training that had nothing to do with my job made me much less effective.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Understaffed with increasing workloads
Excellent work enviroment. Great management.
Quality Inspector IPC (Former Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYApril 6, 2017
Very professional management team. great associates. Dream job state of the art technology. I learned how progressive manufacturing should work. Management was very helpful . The workplace culture was great. The work instruction were very helpful. The job was not hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was the helpful team culture.
Pros
Room for advancement.
Great Learning Experience
Maintenance Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHApril 3, 2017
Typically a fast paced place to work with a lot of new information being learned everyday. Learned a lot of information concerning the maintenance field and how the manufacturing process is done in a large working environment.
Flagship company under the GE Parent
Edison Engineering Development Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 29, 2017
Technological excellence is key at GE Aviation. They engineer one of the most important and challenging products in the world and do a great job. High expectations
Pros
Tough problems... Fun work
Cons
Some high level leaders lack professionalisim
It's a job
Sr. Reliability Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 28, 2017
It's still just a job. Some of the people are great but some are just out for themselves. They don't care about the customers. They don't care about GE. And they don't care about other employees. Only themselves.
I am/was (depending on when you read this) in a Fellowship position
Hiring Our Heroes Corporate Fellow (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYMarch 27, 2017
GE Aviation has been an amazing place to acclimate myself back to the civilian world. I had a pretty solid aviation background but very little in manufacturing when I started. That did not discourage any of my co workers from helping me to learn and grow on the job. If I would be staying in the geographical area I would not only pursue a career at GE Aviation but with my plant.
Pros
Great atmosphere, employees take pride in their work.
Good Place to Work
Electronics Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 23, 2017
Good work environment and place to work. A typical day included morning meeting and testing electronics. I learned how to test units functionally and environmentally.
All work no play
Classified (Former Employee) –  Bishops Cleeve , CheltenhamMarch 22, 2017
Horrible place to work I hated it. Awful office culture & management. Under staffed, low pay with a back stabbing micro management culture. Best avoid unless your engineer. Also, the tightest company I've ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Above Average place to work
Senior Enterprise Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 18, 2017
Overall GE is a solid place to work. They are typically progressive and ahead of the curve in innovation and business processes. They try to be a meritocracy but still fall victim to promoting the "good ole boys" and "cool kids."
Pros
Progressive
Cons
Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.