GE Aviation Employee Reviews in United States

Not a good fit.
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 21, 2016
Not happy about the entire experience. Just not what I was use to. It may work for others but not for me. I hope it works for thors.
Pros
Money
Cons
Unfriendly
GE is a great work place
Advanced Lead Engineer - GEnx Systems Engineering (Former Employee) –  Evendale, OHJune 5, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at GE and feel that it was all around a great company. Everybody would work hard and so it was challenging. Respect is a key ingredient for success at GE.
Company is willing to work with employees.
Configuration Management (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 2, 2016
Company is willing to work with employees. Employees work with permissive time. Great place to work. Co-workers are team oriented.
GE Aviation really takes good care of their seasoned employees
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHMay 27, 2016
GE Aviation has recently acquired Unison, the company I was hired to. It has been a learning process as far as the differences within the corporate structure and how it applies to the labor employees. I am up to this point pleased with the changes I have seen. The employees have more accountability and responsibility when it comes to managing their information and it is easier to view and learn about their benefits. The company is working hard to make the transition easy for even the most resistant to change within the ranks.
Pros
The company acknowledges hard work
Cons
Raises are few and far between and minimal
Overall great
Security Analyst Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tri-County CincinnatiMay 26, 2016
Friendly cooperative great people and fun to be around. Many new things are happening at GE Aviation and much more in the future
Pros
People
Great Company Culture!
Staffing and Recruiting Condinator (Current Employee) –  Evendale, OH/VirtualMay 17, 2016
Top industry culture across the board. Has a vision and mission that are always continuing processes improvement. Overall, this is a great place to work, but don't forget there are always those bad apples!
GE Aviation
Lead Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 17, 2016
Good job, good pay, benefits are so/so compared to military contractors, lots of company get togethers, bonus is expected, was purchased by GE so there are traditions not GE related
Pros
Lots of new young people all the time, 6 weeks paternity leave, accepting of new people
Cons
Local President changes every 3 years, no pay for overtime, no assigned vacation, very chaotic
Decent Co-op Experience
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 15, 2016
Small town to live in (Madisonville) isn't for everyone, and the union environment makes it hard to get things done as quickly as possible, but has an established process and a lot of experience in HPT blade manufacturing.
Good Worklife Balance
Lead SAP BASIS Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 12, 2016
Good Worklife Balance & Good learning place to grow , Excellent encouragement from management

SAP BASIS / SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1 / SAP HANA ADMIN
Productive and friendly environment
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 9, 2016
Employees here have a positive attitude and make everyday decisions to improve the working atmosphere. The opportunities to learn new things on a daily basis are always present.
Horrible
Tester (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 7, 2016
Horrible is the only word I can think of. I can tell you about how if the smallest thing happens, They balm the people first,second and so on. If fuel costs go up, it is the employees fault. if they only make 100 billion profit, we must star the lay-offs. I will not even start with the UAW being in there.
Pros
Not too much at all.
Cons
Sorry only allowed million words and it won't all fit.
Engineer
Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAMay 5, 2016
Good company with good benefits. The corporate culture is ethical and one of cooperation. Challenging work on an amazing product.
Challenging work for those that like challenges and great rewards.
Technician in aerospace (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 4, 2016
It was great to have a job that fit my desires and get paid for it too.
Multifaceted challenging work with great engineer support.
It was a very diverse populated workforce from around the world. Interfacing with them was very professional and personal.
Pros
great people and work ethic.
Cons
Just normal road bumps as expected in the work place.
Great professional environment but inefficient workplace
Operations Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 20, 2016
At times this is a great company to work for, you get a lot of opportunities to develop your career and is often given the support when you want to change directions or experience something different. Very open minded company as well. Only a few downsides: the company goes through a different appraisal/review processes like it's the flavor of the month. Some IT systems and applications used are very outdated and needs an overhaul. Otherwise it's a very good workplace
Pros
Lots of opportunities to change career directions, work life balance is good
Cons
Outdated IT, lack of transparency with information
The best place to work among fortune 500 company
Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 15, 2016
GE has 100+ years reputation on building quality products from light bulbs to aircraft engines. I just discovered GE is also the best place to work too when compare it to Boeing, United Technologies, and other major companies.
Pros
Balance between personal life and work and great benefits as well.
Teaming enviornment
ENGINE MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  IndianaApril 8, 2016
Lots of Egos to get through. No one really cares about you. Unorganized planning but they dont care, no set leadership to depend on
Pros
decent pay
Cons
teaming envionment
Excellent place to work
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Evendale, OHApril 6, 2016
I was a co-op with GE Aviation in Evendale. I learned so much from the experienced professionals that work there. I would recommend to anyone.
worked for 6 months as a contractor
Collections Reporting Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 31, 2016
did not have a good manager - the overall culture is positive, connected to some people - very nice place to work if you are a full time employee, not so much luck for contractors....
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
contractor
Wonderful Staff
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 30, 2016
While working at GE Aviation, my supervisors made me feel like I was a part of the team. The environment at GE is relaxed but efficient and everyone has the goal of doing their best to help GE grow.
Fun and Challenging
Quality (Current Employee) –  Springdale, OH 45246March 29, 2016
Great place to work good people, good benefits, overall great place to work for just remember there are people your not going to like everywhere.
Pros
everything
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.