GE Aviation

GE Aviation Employee Reviews

Productive and fast growing company
Laser specialist (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIApril 10, 2015
Working with Lasers was a daily challenge. You all ways had something to fix. Whether you are making adjustments to the program, dealing with the fixture, or operator errors. What ever the issue being in a support position it keeps you on your feet.
Overall it was a good experience.
Your typical industrial conglomerate
Mechanical Systems TurboFan/TurboJet Co-op (Former Employee), Lynn, MAApril 9, 2015
GE Aviation has some of the most driven and intelligent employees I have had the privilege to work with. The products developed there are game-changing and provide a constant challenge. That being said, the company is huge, and as an employee you can tell you are just a drop in the bucket.
Great Place to work
CNC machine operator (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Overall great place to work for
Cons: Lots of meetings that can interfere with production
GE Aviation was a great place to work for. Great work life balance, room for advancement, always learning new skills. Great atmosphere with co-workers.
Good Internship Programs
Mechanical Engineering Intern/Co-op (Former Employee), Victorville, CAMarch 20, 2015
Both of my internships with GE Aviation were valuable and enjoyable experiences. Coworkers are very open to mentoring interns.
a new insight into machining
Machinist (Current Employee), Asheville, NCMarch 18, 2015
Pros: benefits, conducive atmosphere
Cons: communication between hourly and salaried personnel not always great
over the past 7 years, it has been very exciting, as well as exhausting at times. seeing a completely different side of the machining , from a small shop with common rolled steel and very short time cycles, to a large shop with alloy metals and multiple operations , has been eye opening and exciting to learn, so far it has been a highly learning experience . with more complex parts and operations also comes more problems and worries but I guess that's what helps you learn more.
Worldwide employer
Quality Technical Associate (Current Employee), Ellisville, MSMarch 16, 2015
Pros: learn new stuff
Cons: nobody is held accountable for not working.
I work hard and expect others to do the same. I come in check emails, attend production. I do all the quality checks that's needed. i manage the quality team. And don't get credit for all i do.
A nice place to learn all kind of things
Consignment/Lean Six Sigma Intern (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXMarch 11, 2015
The management is fixed and alots of confidential stuff
learning and life balance is good
many cool things
look good on your resume
Lovely
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee), Evendale, OHFebruary 25, 2015
I really enjoyed working at GE Aviation. I did not personally enjoy the work I was doing and having to move around but I really enjoyed the opportunity.
Fast Paced, Engaging Environment
Cooperative Education Student (Former Employee), Evendale, OHFebruary 23, 2015
I would hit the ground running at this co-op, arriving each day knowing what needed to be accomplished from the previous day. I learned how to operate a complex machine for rub testing under a great manager who always took the time to make sure I understood why I was doing what I was doing. My co-workers were few, but they did a lot; there was never a dull moment! The most difficult part of my job was also the most enjoyable; learning how to run the rub rig from start to finish. I really enjoyed the results we were getting as well as watching the test happen despite the frustrations from the tedious setup. I felt that with each test I learned new things and grew in my ability to be more confidant operating heavy machinery.
If your hired as a Temp worker forget getting hired
Machinist (Current Employee), Hooksett,NHFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: good pay & benefits
Cons: treated badly as employees, not fair or consistent at all.
I'm a regular worker at GE Aviation Hooksett, NH and the way they treat employees isn't very good. I see year after year they bring in more and more Temp's thinking they'll get hired and they Do Not. They'll string temp workers along for years if possible, all the while Temp's Do Not get as good wages as Regulars and No benefits. I've seen many great workers come in as temps, that have left a good job to come there and then never get hired, so unless you have an offer sheet in writing don't trust them. As a regular worker they only treat us as another number and we can be replaced at any given time. Other than that it's a good place for pay & benefits but a horrible place for being treated fairly.
Cell Manager (Current Employee), Vandalia, OHJanuary 23, 2015
great place to work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A great place to work and develop leaders.
Production Control Leader (Former Employee), McAllen, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Excellent company that helps you grow and mold you into a future leader within the company. Work environment is exceptional and co-workers are very professional. Company is top pay in the area and room for growth available within the company.
Co-op office in ruin
Co-op/intern (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: lots of places to move around within the company
Cons: did not receive a job offer even after 3 co-op rotations with great manager evaluations
I am only able to give a review of the coop program at GE. While I have heard wonderful things about GE from full time employees the exact opposite can be said about the Coop program. At GE they pay the Coops well, however they rarely give positions coop students want. The jobs are almost always auto-assigned and most positions do not give a full 40 hours of work causing the day to go by slow.

Because of a hiring freeze, all students from my school did not receive a job offer even after multiple coop rotations with GE. The Coop program is in serious need of reform
Solid company with good benefits
Software Developer (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIDecember 18, 2014
Smiths Industries (formerly Lear Siegler) was purchased from GE Aviation. I was employed by GE Aviation for five years. The retirement package is above average.
Fun place to work depending on the department.
Combustion Engine Test Operations Co-op (Former Employee), Evendale, OHDecember 17, 2014
Lots of areas to get experience in.
Welcoming job culture.
Lots of opportunity for training.
At this time, 2014, management is clueless to resolve production issues and out of touch with workers
Quality Component Inspection Specialist (Former Employee), Bohemia,NYDecember 3, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management lacks true understanding of issues, inexperience.
Management needs to get back to basics to prevent service issues with their customers.
FPI Inspector
Fluorescent Penetrant Inspector (Former Employee), west jefferson, ncNovember 13, 2014
The was my favorite job. Always learning and advancing available if you are willing to invest into your self worth. Everyday was enjoyable to me.
Great company, non-competitive pay
OPERATOR (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLNovember 4, 2014
Pros: medical benefits.
Cons: supervisors are just time stamp adjusters. no sense of leadership.
Unorganized, young management with little experience through GE programs for internships. Great benefits, but that's sacrificed with having a human resource department that refers you to phone numbers if you have questions regarding benefits.
Excellent place to work.
Cell/Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Madisonville, KentuckyOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great family atmosphere.
Cons: long hours, but very rewarding.
The culture in the workplace was better than I expected. The management team was great. My co-workers were very dependable and I couldn't ask for a better team of employees to have working for me.
good
Mechanic Technician (Current Employee), Miami, FLOctober 19, 2014
well its good to work here but the upper mangenment are culess

1 2 3 4 5

About GE Aviation

At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation – Read more

GE Aviation Salaries

Engineering Co-op
$22.00 per hour
Lead Engineer
$100,000 per year

GE Aviation Photos

Driving the 5-Ton to a remote work site in Oklahoma.