GE Aviation Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
TESTER (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYJuly 21, 2016
GE (Unison) was the best manufacturing job I have ever worked. The Management actually care about you as a person and I think it makes this place a better facility. There is drama everywhere you work, but for the most part it isnt bad here.
Pros
good people and management
Cons
doesnt pay a whole lot for what you do and have to know
Aim High
NPI Developer (Current Employee) –  Middle River, MDMarch 12, 2016
I started from the ground floor as a machine operator. less than a year I was hired for the environmental, health and safety facilitator position. through the years I made a lot of friends and learned a lot about the business in aviation. new programs came in and I'm hanging in there with the positive attitude of keeping it moving. We have our ups and downs through the years but we keep thriving for success and show recognition to all that was a part of it. I am now a developer after ten years of service. GE Aviation made me the man I am with pride!.
Pros
Recognition awards and incentives
Cons
Breaks not long enough
Great Work Place
Student Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSOctober 18, 2015
I highly enjoyed working here as a student engineer. It was a great introduction into the working world as my first real job. The only downside was that it is not the type of work I see myself doing for the rest of my life.
Pros
Great management and employees to work with
Cons
Not my choice for a full-time career
Interesting opportunities
Engineering Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 2, 2015
Interesting opportunities, however large company operations result in slow moving projects. Moving up in management related career requires moving to different sites within GE.
good for internship
Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 28, 2016
Good internship. Choice of what to work on/locations, . Rather poor work/life balance from the full time employees though; people regularly worked 50+ hr weeks.
Good money, not worth it
Welder and Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 31, 2016
GE is outsourcing all fabrication and weld work to India and Poland. This business won't be around for another 10 years, only a matter of time till they lay people off
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management, lack of acknowledgement, stuck on offshift for 5+ yrs, assembly line work
Less job secutiry
Heat Transfer (Thermal) Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 23, 2016
A typical day at work is pretty busy, full of meetings and design reviews. There is no job security at all. GE is a large facility with good benefits. Excellent engineers to work with.
Pros
Work with top level engine designers
Cons
No job secutiry
Challenging work for those that like challenges and great rewards.
Technician in aerospace (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 4, 2016
It was great to have a job that fit my desires and get paid for it too.
Multifaceted challenging work with great engineer support.
It was a very diverse populated workforce from around the world. Interfacing with them was very professional and personal.
Pros
great people and work ethic.
Cons
Just normal road bumps as expected in the work place.
GE Aviation
Lead Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 17, 2016
Good job, good pay, benefits are so/so compared to military contractors, lots of company get togethers, bonus is expected, was purchased by GE so there are traditions not GE related
Pros
Lots of new young people all the time, 6 weeks paternity leave, accepting of new people
Cons
Local President changes every 3 years, no pay for overtime, no assigned vacation, very chaotic
Good work life balance
Lead Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 8, 2016
lot of learning from personal development to management coaching. The hardest part of the job is that not much documentation is available. So you are on your own exploring. But the management understands and guides you.
GE Aviation
Contractor / Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJuly 20, 2016
Hired as a contractor to work as a Technical Writer for Engine and Airframe Manuals for the new GE LEAP Engines. Contract was for a fixed period of one year.
Pros
Good supervision.
Cons
Contractor. Could not benefit from GE paid days off.
Horrible
Tester (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 7, 2016
Horrible is the only word I can think of. I can tell you about how if the smallest thing happens, They balm the people first,second and so on. If fuel costs go up, it is the employees fault. if they only make 100 billion profit, we must star the lay-offs. I will not even start with the UAW being in there.
Pros
Not too much at all.
Cons
Sorry only allowed million words and it won't all fit.
Outstanding Employer
Quality Engineer, CMM Programmer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 29, 2016
Great employer to work for. Countless opportunities to learn and develop. Industry leader standing. Constantly solving new and unique problems on a daily basis
Tech lead
Software Verification Lead, C-130J (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 4, 2016
GE is a great company to work for with a lot of opportunity for career advancement and training. The work can be technically challenging but the support is always available.
Productive and fun place to work!
Customs Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2016
I've worked with some amazing individuals and have had the opportunity to advance my career within GE and cannot wait to see what the future holds.
Great place to work at.
Manufacturing Support & Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Evendale, OHAugust 19, 2016
Terrific environment with lots of opportunity. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow, and plenty of potential. Would recommend to others.
Old School
Intern (Former Employee) –  Evendale, OHAugust 9, 2016
Old school management culture leads to fear of upper management. Intern program was not very good and the projects are not very good. The location was good and good benefits and pay
A lot of internal competition...
Program management and Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 29, 2016
Not a healthy environment, very stressful. I had one supervisor during my tenure that honestly believed that no training was necessary.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Meritocracy
Very good place to work
Tig Welder (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 19, 2016
GE is a great place to work with they have very good benefits and a great place to work. VERY good people to work with and very good work inviormeent.
Pros
Benifits
Good for experience
Team Lead and Desk Side Support (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 25, 2016
Good stepping stone in a career path, allows for skill growth and provides adequate opportunities for advancement with decent benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.