GE Aviation Employee Reviews

GE aircraft engines is in the process of offshoring mechanical design and analysis.
Engineer, Senior Staff Engineer, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 12, 2017
My early career at GE was excellent. The latter part was not as satisfying since the work/life split was tilted way too much towards work for the senior staff. We were tasked with training engineers in Mexico, India, Poland & Turkey. These were smart people but the time needed to train them and the interaction between sites required a lot of off hour interaction.
Pros
The work itself was pinnacle of technology and very interesting.
Cons
Currently GE is offshoring design and analysis of aircraft engines.
Very stressful/lack of balance
Configuration Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 8, 2017
The job itself was great, I really liked what I did. The overhead time spent documenting metrics, interpreting metrics, projecting metrics, and training that had nothing to do with my job made me much less effective.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Understaffed with increasing workloads
Excellent work enviroment. Great management.
Quality Inspector IPC (Former Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYApril 6, 2017
Very professional management team. great associates. Dream job state of the art technology. I learned how progressive manufacturing should work. Management was very helpful . The workplace culture was great. The work instruction were very helpful. The job was not hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was the helpful team culture.
Pros
Room for advancement.
Great Learning Experience
Maintenance Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHApril 3, 2017
Typically a fast paced place to work with a lot of new information being learned everyday. Learned a lot of information concerning the maintenance field and how the manufacturing process is done in a large working environment.
Flagship company under the GE Parent
Edison Engineering Development Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 29, 2017
Technological excellence is key at GE Aviation. They engineer one of the most important and challenging products in the world and do a great job. High expectations
Pros
Tough problems... Fun work
Cons
Some high level leaders lack professionalisim
It's a job
Sr. Reliability Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 28, 2017
It's still just a job. Some of the people are great but some are just out for themselves. They don't care about the customers. They don't care about GE. And they don't care about other employees. Only themselves.
I am/was (depending on when you read this) in a Fellowship position
Hiring Our Heroes Corporate Fellow (Current Employee) –  Madisonville, KYMarch 27, 2017
GE Aviation has been an amazing place to acclimate myself back to the civilian world. I had a pretty solid aviation background but very little in manufacturing when I started. That did not discourage any of my co workers from helping me to learn and grow on the job. If I would be staying in the geographical area I would not only pursue a career at GE Aviation but with my plant.
Pros
Great atmosphere, employees take pride in their work.
Good Place to Work
Electronics Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 23, 2017
Good work environment and place to work. A typical day included morning meeting and testing electronics. I learned how to test units functionally and environmentally.
All work no play
Classified (Former Employee) –  Bishops Cleeve , CheltenhamMarch 22, 2017
Horrible place to work I hated it. Awful office culture & management. Under staffed, low pay with a back stabbing micro management culture. Best avoid unless your engineer. Also, the tightest company I've ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Above Average place to work
Senior Enterprise Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 18, 2017
Overall GE is a solid place to work. They are typically progressive and ahead of the curve in innovation and business processes. They try to be a meritocracy but still fall victim to promoting the "good ole boys" and "cool kids."
Pros
Progressive
Cons
Healthcare
Work envirment very clean and organized.
Electro-mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bohemia, NY 11716March 3, 2017
Team work is very productive for skill motivation to achieve good working ethics.It is good to review all guide lines and improvements at daily meetings.
Great company
Controls Technical Lead LM2500 product (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2017
Great Company to work for. Complex and interesting project allover the world. A lot of travel, customer interface meeting, iinstolations and product support
great benefits
Processor (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 24, 2017
good benefits, EHS is big on the emplyees saftey offers a lot of over time. I work o n production floor and we have chairs and saftey tools provided to us.
large company
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHFebruary 24, 2017
Gratifying work to be producing parts for the aircraft engine assembly field. State of the art production practices on quality machines. Advancement from within by applying for jobs available.
Great pay and Benefits.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
long commute
Work Environment
EHS Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALFebruary 22, 2017
GE Aviation is a great company with room for professional growth and a competitive wage.
Challenging work environment with employees that offer guidance and share best practices.
process driven so less posiblities for real engineering
Technical Lead Engineer Avionics (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, UKFebruary 14, 2017
Process driven engineering so real engineering and working towards solutions almost impossible.
Basically from one review to the other review. Could have more aviation experience in the teams however the management dont use the people with their knowledge at the correct level and prefer writing reports and follow processes then do the job one time right
Pros
good benefit packapge, job securitu
Cons
settle people do think they know better and dont except an other view.
GE is a great place to work everyone is very friendly and professional.
Industrial Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 1, 2017
It is hard to get on full time as a contractor. If I could get hired full time I would take it. It feels like a family environment and everyone seems to be passionate about what they do.
Great Place to Work
eLearning Leader (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 31, 2017
Working with smart people on cutting edge projects. Encouragement for out-of-the-box solutions, opportunities for growth.
Programming All Day.
Software Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 30, 2017
I work for Mundy Companies as a programmer for GE Aviation. I set at my desk and program all day. I make $18.25 an hour to program. I love the work I do, but wish I have someone to ask question to when I need help.
Pros
doing what I like
Cons
Pay
GE is a great company to work for.
Materials/Process Engineer 6 (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 28, 2017
Ge treats all its employees equal has a great benefit package and rate of pay. Working at GE takes your total concentration in manufacturing the parts are quite expensive.
Pros
Good retirement Sunday premium pay is higher.
Cons
Not much on the con side except hope for a good manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.