GE Aviation Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent company
Information Technology Leadership Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 3, 2016
GE Aviation offered me a great work environment. I have never worked in an environment in which each team member had cared so much about my projects and been so willing to help me or answer questions as only an intern.
GE Aviation Work/Life Balance
GE9X FETT Lead Performance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 2, 2016
Overall, I would give GE a good rating, but I feel the company struggles with a few things. Compensation, not being one of those, is actually fair if you account for the benefits, including time off, personal time, sick time, and vacation planning compared to other companies. Where GE is not as good with compensation is if you directly look at pay without considering some of the additional benefits. Where GE struggles are in two areas: management and work/life balance. I truly believe that most GE managers could be categorized as a "boss" rather than a "leader." My point in that is that most are managing people rather than coaching their teams and helping them grow. The second area that GE struggles is on work/life balance. While they provide you with personal time and sick time off, they expect you to get the work done. However, what they say and what is expected are typically two different things.
Pros
Benefits, Technology
Cons
Work/Life Balance, Compensation, Management
good for internship
Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 28, 2016
Good internship. Choice of what to work on/locations, . Rather poor work/life balance from the full time employees though; people regularly worked 50+ hr weeks.
A Decent Place to Work
Engineer/Technologist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 3, 2016
Overall, a decent place to work. Definitely a corporate culture with executives knowing very little of what goes on underneath them. A lot of "managing up" instead of down.

Benefits a good, with great healthcare and maternal/paternal leave benefits.

Those that are on the ground actually doing the work are great people. Those managing are disconnected.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Bad management
Large company, but opportunities to make big impacts
Platform Contracts Lead (Current Employee) –  Evendale, OHFebruary 1, 2016
Large amount of bureaucracy as expected with such a large company, but the projects you work on can feel like they have a significant impact on the health of the company and the products that operate out in the world.
Engaging, Fulfilling and Game Changer.
Designer (Current Employee) –  Evendale, OHJanuary 22, 2016
One of the best companies to work for, if not the best. They push each other and the industry to be best. Tons of innovations for everyone to participate in. A great company for the past, present and immediate future.
Pros
Work Culture and Environment
Productive, Fun, Integrity
Lead Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 21, 2016
Computer work and speaking with colleagues on a daily basis regarding engine build status and changes. Co-workers care about doing what is right and working as a team with respect for all diversities.
i was interviewed twice
time waster for people that have nothing to do (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHNovember 27, 2015
they just play games, if you are over 50 they wont hire you and most temps that are hired are let go at the end of the 12 month trial period the ones that do the hiring are in their 30s ...good luck
Cons
many layoffs
Changed company name to Unison Industries
Assembly Worker wire harness build up. (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 5, 2015
No engineering workmanship or support over torquing back shells cutting wires short and shipping it out the door. Harassment by co-workers, management, and were you live.
Interesting opportunities
Engineering Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 2, 2015
Interesting opportunities, however large company operations result in slow moving projects. Moving up in management related career requires moving to different sites within GE.
Fun
Manufacturing Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  JacksonvilleNovember 1, 2015
A fun and fast place to work. Really takes care of the employees. Would definitely work here again. Great management team.
Productive and fun place with a ping pong table
C-130J Software Verification Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 24, 2015
Good place to work and I like it here, but looking to broaden experience more in the aviation arena and in my professional development
productive and always learned something you
production associate (Current Employee) –  spar gap deptOctober 23, 2015
Every day ,1-st thing in the morning the start up meeting make a difference ,because we got all the information about what has been done the previous day from both shifts,what is hot job for the day,where te problems are,what is the best way to solve it,etc.
The day continue doing all jobs in the list ,encluding the hottest ones.If we are been asked to finished the job until is done ,we have to stay even over the rregular schedule until is done.
Contracted employee
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 23, 2015
I am a consultant and am under contract with GE Aviation. I am not at liberty to discuss this employment while on this contract.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No advancement or pay increases
Enriching experience
Manufacturing/Assembly Eng Co-op (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAOctober 21, 2015
Gained a lot from this job. I was able to work with multiple levels of the production teams and this benefited my communication skills. This job allowed me to further understand the overall process of manufacturing and created the opportunity for me to seek out and create my own projects/ways to improve the flow of work. Highly rewarding position that allowed the higher-ups to clearly view my achievements
Pros
Rewarding work, friendly staff for the most part
Cons
Mostly on your own, work space was dull, felt like working for a massive company
Great Work Place
Student Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSOctober 18, 2015
I highly enjoyed working here as a student engineer. It was a great introduction into the working world as my first real job. The only downside was that it is not the type of work I see myself doing for the rest of my life.
Pros
Great management and employees to work with
Cons
Not my choice for a full-time career
Global leader with strong diversity
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAOctober 15, 2015
One of the best things about working for GE is teaming with the diverse groups of employees that the company hires. Team members come from all over the world, and with varied educations and experiences, which makes for a dynamic and interesting work environment.
Great Place To Work
Manufacturing Operation's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 2, 2015
Progressive. Good mix of experienced and young professionals. I enjoy coming to work everyday. Great long term employer
production was a fun and the envionment was clean
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  batesville, msSeptember 28, 2015
it was a fun place to work. very motivated workers about moving product, it was the cleaning warehouse I have ever been in and it was just a great place to work.
Overall enjoyable and productive environment
Manufacturing Programmer Co-op (Turn) (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MASeptember 24, 2015
Worked with another programmer and was taught the basics of turning as well as worked with operators on the shop floor. Most of the day spent on the computer creating and converting machine programs as well as creating the job sheets for operators to follow. Co-workers were very helpful and had good humor. Hardest part of job was trying to overcome obstacles in a very timely manner especially when shop floor morale was low. Layoffs were occurring at the time and operators were not too thrilled to be at work. Enjoyed seeing concept become reality, touching the parts on the shop floor and troubleshooting ongoing issues that arose in the machining.
Pros
good pay, co-workers are helpful, meetings kept everyone on track (for the most part)
Cons
communication was poor at times, work was slow when morale was down, layoffs made workers timid, sat at desk a lot