GE Capital Employee Reviews in United States

Productive workplace
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2016
Enjoyed working for GE. Great bode and worked with professional people. Promoted to National Accounts Manager in September of 1993 for securing a twelve million dollar yearly contract to provide eleven on-site full-time network engineers and project based product and services solutions to Pepsi Cola North America across 350 offices in the USA. Secured a 1.5 million dollar yearly contract from PepsiCo HQ and placed two full-time engineers onsite.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Base salary should have been higher
Project Manage
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2016
Responsibilities included, management of the tax and insurance phone bank, and liaison for the Dallas Asset Managers. I enjoyed my co-workers, but I was the only female "black" Manager. It was literally a "boys club" and they were having none of me. I was treated as an out cast. Very qualified for the job as I posted for it and earned the title; but I didn't quite fit the "profile".
Pros
Enjoyed the travel benefits to train other offices with USA, Canada and Mexico
Cons
Very difficult to work with other Managers my level
Great employee oriented company
C/S Representative, Commercial Servicing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2016
GE Capital was a strong company where I worked as a contract employee for a short period of time in the Commercial Servicing Dept. Each day consisted of high call volume from owners of commercial real estate properties with various types of questions. This company had a strong leadership presence in all departments and seemed to value each employee as individuals and appreciated what they could bring to the table.
Pros
Monthly bonus incentives
Cons
Did not offer permanent employment to many contract employees.
Forward-thinking company
Sales Representative - Financial Software (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 3, 2016
I sold software and trained new-hires. My typical day would consist of me acquiring new clients on the phone and in person. I would then sit down with new hires and show them the ins and outs. Management and my coworkers were awesome. We were one big family. I learned that software in constantly evolving. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all of the constant training needed to stay competitive. The good part of the job were my coworkers.
Glad to work for them and soak up as much as I did.
Vice President Senior Account Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 26, 2016
This company was, in my opinion, the epitome of the non-bank financial companies. This company was a powerhouse but I knew if it was ever to be considered a bank it would shrink GECC as fast as possible, which it has but not soon enough.
GECC seemed to foster a very competitive culture internally, almost ruthless, with a routine of dropping the bottom 10% of the staff each year whether that was caused by industry shrinking, lacking regional performance or some other measure. Each year the marketing definitions changed communicating to the market and personnel that there would be little consistency over time.
Pros
They had some of the the best talent and training available for this industry.
Cons
Although management said they were looking for organic growth, they weren't.
Really hard to judge its been soo long
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 28, 2016
From what I remember it felt as though management was always requiring more of their employees but wasn't willing to reinforce for harder work. Things could have changed that was a long time ago when I worked there.
Pros
Easy going job. On the job training.
Cons
Management could have taken better care of their employees.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 5, 2016
Busy place, supported many people with all kinds of daily needs.
Typical day, answer calls, check e-mail for requests of conference rooms/register guests, making copies/sending PDF files etc.
I enjoyed working for the company, great people to work with.
Pros
Free coffee, soft drinks
Cons
short lunch only 45minutes
Fast paced envirment
customer service (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHMarch 26, 2016
If you have younger children, you will have trouble working the
schedule. Co-workers are usually helpful. The most enjoyable
part of the job is really feeling that you helped the client.
The hardest part of the job is keeping your cool, when someone
is screaming at you and makes threats to you and the company.
Awesome Company
Transaction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2016
Providing customer service to clients and inside sales customers. Learned about new systems and ways of using best practices to provide the best service to clients. Management and co-workers provided a "team work" environment. The hardest yet most enjoyable part of the job was making sure that the clients are happy.
Pros
Volunteer Opportunities
Cons
Sold off its assets
GE is a great place to work. The work life balance is wonderful.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 25, 2016
The best part of my job was the people. The hardest part was adhering to my schedule and making my calls short and sweet to abide by the stats that you are to make and complete. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
The people
Cons
Some but not all management

Want to know more about GE Capital?

Ask a question
Excellent Culture
VP - Audit Reporting (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 20, 2016
Loved the culture. • Interfaced with Global Audit team and Senior Leadership related to analytics, reporting and operational support. Managed the construction, maintenance and validation of the Audit Universe. Provided support for internal Audits annual plan and trimester plan process.
Enjoyable workplace which focused on teamwork and employees.
Credit Reporting Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 7, 2015
The best company that I ever worked for. Excellent company ethics and management and staffed worked together creating great employee morale. Small company feel- very personable.
Pros
Best benefits and excellent managment and company morale
Cons
Company no longer in the mortgage business
Metrics driven environment with work-life balance
Operational Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTJanuary 25, 2016
The Collateral Center of Excellence at GE Capital is a metrics driven, fast paced environment. Goals and objectives frequently change along with the market. GE emphasis work-life balance and creates and engaging culture.
World class talent and development programs
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2016
Amazing experience
World class talent
Numerous opportunities for personal and professional growth
Meaningful projects with real customer and or organizational impact
Exposure to senior leadership
Good place to work with many advancement opportunities.
Fraud Investigations Representative (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHOctober 14, 2015
Good place to work and great people to work with. There are many opportunities within the company to advance. They are driven to grow the company as well as their employees. We have great benefits including a gym at my site that is free for the employees. The work is challenging and allows for the chance to learn something new every day.
Pros
Ample time off, room to grow with the company, great people to work with, and opportunities for over-time pay.
Cons
High stress level
Great work/life, below market salary, great direct managers
Analyst (Current Employee) –  CTOctober 10, 2015
Work/life does not get any better at GE Capital, granted sometimes you will have to work long and hard. Unfortunately, GE Cap is known to pay below what other banks pay for similar roles. On the flip side, direct managers for the most part are approachable and care about one's career. Other than the announcement of 75% of Capital sales, a great place to work.
Pros
Work life, managers
Cons
Compensation
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Merriam, KSFebruary 2, 2016
Assist customers with their credit card issues, update customer information, worked in Microsoft excel, and became proficient with the laws about credit cards rights
benefits
GE Capital Rail to be sold in 2016!
Single Position (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2016
GE Capital Rail was a good place to work, with the sale of a majority of GE Capital, Rail was part of the parcels to be sold. Supported Environmental, Health and Safety efforts at Maintenance facilities.
overall a top rated Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Merriam, KSOctober 15, 2015
G e capital was about change and innovations. I must say that i was able to change concepts, systems and styles easily without complaints. Actually i enjoyed the learning experiences. I just retired from G E in December 2014 i miss the interaction and am seeking work from home opportunities.

A typical day at work involved a fast paced inbound call center. On an average of once a week there was a training session that kept associates abreast of the many changes the company was implementing (i.e. system upgrades and the new client operations.

Although there was a high rate of turnover, I enjoyed becoming acclimated with the evolving environment. I enjoyed being a good resource for the new employees with my ever growing expertise.
Pros
bonus opportunities
Cons
slow pay raises from year to yeaar
Managing through constant change and uncertainty
Syndication Portfolio Analyst (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTSeptember 28, 2015
Throughout my 20+ years of service at GE Capital I have learned to adapt and manage through many cycles of change; through each cycle I've learned more and feel as though I've become a better asset to the company. Complacency has no place within GE. GE has a wonderful work/life balance and has fostered a culture of true diversity and inclusiveness- one that I hope to bring elsewhere using the tools and skills from various roles and leadership positions.