GE Capital Employee Reviews

Business Analyst
Business Analyst - Risk Management Policy (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 25, 2017
Busy, productive, informative, fun. Learned to work smarter using lean six sigma methodology. Management is friendly, and provide insights into personal development. Culture is that of inclusiveness
Pros
Great Flexiblity
There is a culture of favoritism there.
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 23, 2017
Managers are allowed to manage people that they are dating. In order to advance, one must relocate to another site out of state.The management team does not manage, they react to issues that arise.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Very often unprofessional
Fast paced, congenial and collaborative
Senior Corporate Governance/Regulatory Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 22, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at General Electric Corporation and GE Capital. Colleagues highly professional and collaboration dynamic was exceptional.
Pros
Work life balance
rewarded employees
Senior Microfilm/Microfiche Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 19, 2017
was a good place to work left to work closer to home good environment good benefits hours were good paid holidays 401k health insurance overall a nice place to work
Example Company and Culture
Legal Entity Process and Control Leader (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 18, 2017
Before the Re-Organization announcement, GE Capital was an excellent place to work. The Senior Leadership team had an open door policy that was welcomed and fostered a collaborative environment.
Job was mudaine
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 18, 2017
Same call 100 times a day, but GE made it fun. They had awards and challenges within the company to become involved in the employees. We also had a lot of community involvment
Matrix driven organization
Regional Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2017
Great company, with sound strategy to develop leaders. Opportunities exist to gain experience abroad and leadership programs are present to develop leaders.
Pros
Leadership Development
Quick pace. Focused on bottom line.
Territory Manager Government Finane (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2017
GE Capital was a great place to develop a focus on the customer and obtaining financial results. Training was considered a very important component of employee development.
Pros
Training, exposure to customers.
Cons
Pay, travel
Great Learning Enviroment
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  CTOctober 11, 2017
I enjoyed working at GE Capital it was a great learning environment. I had a lot of flexibility on how I accomplished my project work. I felt that the work I did made a difference and how my colleagues were able to do their job. It was a great place to work.
Pros
Rewarding Work
Cons
Too many consultants
Stimulating, engaging and plenty of training available
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 10, 2017
I was offered advancement and training and encouraged to further my career. Management was very supportive and the over culture was very positive.

Unfortunately, due to the move of GE's HQ to Boston along with the sale of GE Capital, I no longer had job security. At that point, morale was an issue and it became a stressful, uncomfortable place to work.
Pros
work out facility on site
Cons
downsizing

Want to know more about GE Capital?

Ask a question
Productive and very pleasant working environment
Legal Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 10, 2017
I had the pleasure of working as a Legal Analyst at GE Capital for 10 wonderful months. I worked alongside a number of different corporate attorneys and legal staff helping them to get through their day to day operations in a well organized fashion.
Productive work place with a ping pong table to release stress :)
Research Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 3, 2017
Great company to work for. Team player. Work load can become stressful when researching info and lack of info on the client. In which you have to research a little deeper in other data areas. Like the once a week meeting to follow up on how to make the team better or to help other team members.
Pros
Fun day for employees some times
Poor culture
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 3, 2017
poor culture, no job advancement, management promotes only within. hard workers are not only discouraged to apply, but told to consider to stay in their current roles.
good work
Access Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 2, 2017
it's a friendly environment to work networking with different class of people, great team good manager skills punctual team I had lots of fun working there.
Excellent place for challenges
Sr Mgr - Strategic Initiatives & Divestitures (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLOctober 2, 2017
Love GE and learning. There are always challenges and never a dul day. I worked with all the GE business units and worked on IT integrations which including divestitures and acquisitions.
Pros
challenges
Cons
tough work
stressfull it was customer service over the phone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHSeptember 29, 2017
very stressful was monitored on all calls and only could be on a call for so long or you would get written up. some calls took longer than others and hard to keep calls to a time
Work from home position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 28, 2017
Remote log in from home office. Great work/ home life balance. Clearly defined company expectations and direction. this job was not difficult in any way.
Stressful
Vice President, Risk and Data Governance (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 23, 2017
Poor management and stifling leadership. Rogue behavior that supported the bottom line was promoted. It was difficult to witness good people hurting and working in fear.
benefits
Cons
culture
Great Company
Vice President - Structured Finance Group (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 20, 2017
I worked at GECC at the height of GECC's business and contribution to GE's bottom line. Very well managed organization and I wish I had stayed instead of being lured away by Enron. Great company.
Productive an Educational
HR Administrative Professional (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 15, 2017
Great Company with Great Benefits
Great Management
Great HR Career Path
Great Affinity Groups that share valuable info on company and careers decisions
Pros
Educational Opportunities, Management Trainings, Health Benefits, Health program incentives
Cons
Sometimes stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Capital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2