GE Capital

GE Capital Employee Reviews

Very Interesting Company
Manager of Investment Analysts (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2012
This is not the institution for a seasoned professional. I strongly encourage recent college grads to begin their career with this company due to its cult-like culture and dedication to GE-born employees. This is definitely a detail oriented company in each and every task and personal expertise is not appreciated here. This is a company full of youth and life that demonstrates a genuine commitment to community involvement. You are truly in control of your career and internal networking is strongly encouraged.
Pros
does not have a mega-company mentality, excellent work life balance, dedicated to developing each individual employee
Cons
incestuous culture, slow to respond to market trends, unrealistic employee and department expectations
FUN WORK PLACE
Verification Analyst/Trainer (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 24, 2013
ON A DAILY BASIS I WOULD BALANCE, UPDATE AND CORRECT THE BUSINESS CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS. I LEARNED THE DIFFERENT VALUES OF HOW TO KEEP THE CUSTOMERS SATISFIED IN ORDER TO KEEP THEIR ACCOUNTS WITH OUR COMPANY. WITH MY MANAGEMENT SKILLS OF THINKING OUTSIDE OF THE BOX I MAINTAINED WAYS WITH KEEPING MY CO-WORKERS ENERGETIC WITH THEIR POSITIONS TO ASSURE WITH MY TRAINING SKILLS THAT THEIR DUTIES ARE BASIC AND THAT OUR CUSTOMERS SATISFACTION COMES FIRST. THERE WERE NO HARD PARTS WITH THIS JOB AND THE MOST ENJOYABLE PARTS OF THIS JOB IS WHERE THE MONTHLY TEAM OUTINGS ALLOWED TIME FOR US TO GET TO LEARN MORE ABOUT EACH OTHER ON A PERSONAL LEVEL AS WE BUILDED TOGETHER AS ONE.
Pros
the bonus checks for the extra hard work
Cons
i hate that the company closed down
A good job once you get the hang of it.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 27, 2014
GE Capital treats their entry level employees very well. The benefits are great, lots of paid time off including vacation, holidays, sick time, and personal time. The pay for call center work is higher than what I've seen at other places. The key is to have patience, and be determined to be as knowledgable as possible. If you arent a patient person, dealing with angry customers isn't for you. Aside from that, over all its a pretty great position. It's very simple. You get 2 months of paid training off the phones, and they make an effort to take all the reps off the phones for meetings and fun activities. Most of the management is very nice and understanding.
Pros
free coffee, benefits, good pay for entry level, schedules
Cons
angry customers
Excellent Income,
Specialized Payments Processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2012
I loved this place especially when there was an abundance of work,I loved the work and there was no restrictions on overtime and schedules. I enjoyed going in when I could not sleep, or when I had extra time on my hand. I worked diligently to make sure the work shelf was empty. The co-workers became like family. The hardest part was watching as the years went by work being sent overseas.The most enjoyable part was the many incentives that were rewarded,company picnics,Ovation award points to make Internet catalog purchases,dividend checks at the end of the year. AND THEN SIGNS THAT MY DEPARTMENT WAS BEING ELIMINATED
Pros
performance checks, excellent healthcare, no micro managing
Cons
untrained supervisors, worked sent to india.
Wide range of experience
Commercial Outside/ InsideSales (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILApril 8, 2013
Initiate and propose sales for growth with current customers for performance growth, retail sales growth, financial consulting, strategic relations, new business development, credit and risk management, contract negotiations, cross-sell, revenue growth, and cost reductions (current client relationship of 750 million in net asset, which consist of 7 customers) along with developing strong customer relationships within assigned portfolio acting as point of contact to ensure the customer experience is top of mind.
Current day to day responsibilities include building C-Level relations within strategic accounts to provide strategic financial solutions across the sales channel
Audit review before funding
Auditor III (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 20, 2014
 Responsible for the accurate and timely review of executed lease and loan documents in preparation for booking & funding
 Reviewed and executed loan / lease documents for legal, risk and policy compliance approval and prepare for funding
 Transmitted funding package to booking and imaging departments resulting in the proper booking onto GE systems
 Obtained and followed up on necessary documentation, including, but not limited to: required documents, deal conditions, insurance certificates that meet GE policy requirements & deal approval requirements for each transaction
 Requested UCCs and titles where applicable, and follow for appropriate subordinations when required
Great place to work never the same day.
Fraud Underwriter, Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 8, 2012
Great business does have opportunities for advancement but alot of competition. Never the same job day to day something is always new. If you like change and easily adapt this is the place for you. It is hard to get a particular shift / hours to work around your family. If you get a position you like and hours you like dont change. I took a position to learn a differnt role to advance unfortunatly I am unable to stay in that role was only temporary. Now that I have to go back to original role my family situation has changed and I am unable to work that shift. Scrambling to get days.
Pros
onsight cafe and work out room.
Cons
hours / various shift hard to get day shift positon
Great atomsphere. Strong Management Team
Customer Service Trainer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 22, 2015
A day to day at work would include providing excellent customer service to our customer to ensure a one call resolutions. Found how to deal with a customer when the are upset regarding a situation and to resolve by listening and taking care of there situation ,even if it was explaining what happened (reason for delay/late fee). Hardest part of my job was that I wasn't able to make every customer happy. The best part being able to take a bad situation and make my customer happy and still satisfied and will to give the company another chance
Pros
events that allowed assoicates to be recognize for the great performance
Cons
addtional training for those who may struggle
Management Development
Risk Analyst for the Lowes Home Improvement (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 14, 2013
As my first position out of university, I started with GE Capital within the 2-year management development program, where I was rotated every 6 months to a new geographic location and new business line. I learned skills to be a manager who could come into any new business, quickly build a strong team dynamic environment, adapt to the new management team and business, and immediately provide value. This unique skill set has served me very well in every new position and company that I have worked within. I have always exemplified and applied those skill sets throughout my career.
Pros
management development, team building, fantastic team members
Tough job in all seasons
Field Services Representative/Remote Agent (Current Employee) –  NortheastSeptember 21, 2012
Outside all day in the elements in only GE approved or provided cheap clothing, freeze in the winter and swelter in the summer, soaked during fall and spring. Management on upper levels was great, it was the immediate supervisor who lacked experience and hindered the team. Co-workers were ok, some great others out to get you. The hardest part of the job is hours on the road andbeing away from home so much, and keeping up with constant policy changes. The nicest part of the job was some incedible scenery while driving around the country.
Pros
company car, paid cell, paid internet.
Cons
no upwards movement, low pay, high healthcare expenses.
N/A
Risk/Delinquency Analyst (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 25, 2013
• Managed Corporate Aircraft and Intermediary portfolio delinquency on pre-30 basis
o Headed conference calls with key customers over-seas to insure timely wires, legal documentation and excellent customer service
o Reduced Corporate Aircraft portfolio delinquency from $78MM (17%) to $1.1MM (0.24%)
o Reconciled 90 Lease Plan delinquent accounts resulting in reduced delinquency by $1MM
• Identified troubled accounts to be escalated to the delegation and default process
• Evaluated distress accounts to provide restructure solutions based on customer financial information
• Coordinated risk analysis, credit write-ups and modification planning.
Nice company with a great work life balance
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTDecember 2, 2014
I learned how to use their system called GEMS (Global Entity Management System), which houses all of GE's legal entities.
The people that I worked with were genuine, friendly and helpful. They made time to answer any questions that I had even when things became busy. A typical day varied depending on whatever project needed to be done at the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a variety of different people across different business units, domestically and internationally. The downside was that I wanted to stay longer, but due to company policy, my contract could not be extended past 1 year.
Pros
great boss and team
N/A
Provider Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaSeptember 25, 2012
Responsible for a high influx of inbound calls within a dynamic call center environment. Manage multiple priorities and maintaining effective results in a quota driven workplace. Responsibilities also include responding to all customer inquiries, requests and resolve issues efficiently and professionally.
I continuously possess strong interpersonal communication skills with customers and department personnel as well as accept any assignment with an open, cooperative, positive and team-oriented attitude.
I consistently utilized multiple call center support applications to efficiently assist customers and agents.
Jack Welch was a Great Leader
Sourcing Director (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 14, 2014
GE Days were always exciting. Daily growth and change. Handled 5-7 acquisitions yearly. It was sad at times knowing those businesses we acquired would be merged into out portfolio and those existing employees were let go.

But the excitement of data migration and seeing so many different processes or applications being used. I always enjoy merging that data into GE Portfolio.. Meeting so many people and always staying in touch. Make them always comfortable though the entire process.
Pros
travel meeting new people and data migration process
Cons
seeing those in the old business let go after the transfer was complete
8 yrs 7 months of exp in IT industry as a Senior JAVA Developer
(SAM) Application, Sr Java Developer (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutDecember 13, 2013
 Around 8 yrs 7 months of exp in IT industry as a Senior JAVA Developer with Primary responsibilities in Analysis, Design, Coding, Unit Testing, Documentation, project execution and tracking
 Software development experience in developing enterprise wide, multi-tier and multi-threaded application software in Commercial finance, CRM, HealthCare, Retail & Telecommunications.
 Good experience in SDLC Models like waterfall and ‘V” process model.
 Have worked in the role of Team Lead, Configuration Tech Lead, Quality Team Lead and other process related activities.
The upper management made it feel as if each and every employee was higly valued.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 25, 2012
I learned companies can get the most out of their people by making them feel part of the company and valued by the company.

Management was honest and committed to helping employees succeed and be their most productive.

hardest part of the job was staying focused, as it was 3rd shift.

The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling like the company appreciated what I did for the company and showed it in various ways, including compensation.
Pros
by far the best work environment i have ever seen.
Cons
gave in to the fear and y2k pressure and outsourced jobs and employees to ibm.
Great place to get experience
Marketing manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 31, 2013
GE is world renowned for its management talent and development. Usually, the reality lives up to the hype. A ruthless focus on performance metrics results in a much less political culture than in other Fortune 500 companies. Combined with a true commitment to promoting high talent across divisions makes GE fairly unique in my experience.

On the downside, the stock has underperformed by any measurement the last 10 years and the company lost its AAA rating under Immelt's stewardship.
Pros
experience and variety of businesses available to work in.
Cons
weak marketing department, senior leadership
Great co-workers and exhausting work
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 17, 2015
There were lots of fun things about the call center. The management did their best to make the day fun. Unfortunately we were chained to the clock and phone. If you wanted to participate in any of the fun activities, you had to make up the hours on the phones. It made me less likely to participate in anything with the company. The salaries were low compared to other lending institutions in the area. It didn't matter when the benefits were good, but once the health insurance changed it did. The Charlotte office tried hard to be a friendly warm environment, but it fell short on many occasions.
A place that shaped you for the future.
Acct Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2012
There is never a typical day working for General Electric; every day presents new challenges that always incorporated itself into the everyday operational demands of the job. Learning is a constant treasure that elevates the employees to be there experienced best at all times therefore shaping and instilling an advanced mindset not only professionally but corporately as well. The hardest part of the job is learning how to balance family-work-life in a way that doesn’t have the employee taking on too much at one time. It’s very easy to utilize your skills in various aspect of the job.
Productive and friendly work place
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  kettering, ohJune 3, 2014
Typical day is working with customers handeling a series of account issues and providing assistance plan when needed. I learned that change is constant in a growing business. Management is always willing to aide in our sucess. Most of the co-workers are easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job is not having a program for someone that really needs one but they dont qualify for one. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers and putting a smile on their face.
Pros
fitness center, health center, cafe, benefits
Cons
hours of the fitness center, health center, cafe