GE Capital

GE Capital Employee Reviews

strong culture
Senior Investment Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 28, 2015
great program to begin career. Good placement w/in GE afterwards. Significant travel required and structured advancement.
Fantastic work life balance
Banking Resolution Specialist (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 27, 2015
A typical day at work involves multi tasking and a watchful eye on suspicious activity. I have learned a great deal about the inner workings of an online bank. I enjoy the management as well as my co-workers. The most challenging part is the ever changing procedures and keeping up with the most recent changes. The most rewarding part of the job is that it is not doing the same thing over and over.
No typical days
Compliance Officer (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTApril 24, 2015
There are no typical days at GE Capital Americas when you're a Compliance Officer. When the phone rings you never know what the issue is going to be or how the issue will be resolved. On any given day you could have a customer complaint, an OFAC issue, an AML issue or an improper trade made by a restricted employee.

In this job I learned how to juggle multiple sensitive issues that need resolution in a timely fashion. I've dealt with being managed in a matrix like environment and how to prioritize different manager's tasks. I also learned to manage a couple of employees across not co-located – more... in the same office. I've also had the experience of working with co-workers who are not co-located, some outside the United States.

The hardest part of my job, and the thing I liked the least, was reprimanding employees who violated policies. As the manager of the Transaction Control Authority where my team and I monitored securities trades, I had to reprimand employees who did not follow the policy. A majority of the time the violations were not caused by the employee but by the spouse. I tried to take a personal touch on all the violations and took the time to train the employees and if asked their spouses. When a mistake occurred I had to follow our policy and write the employee up, even if it was a mistake by the spouse. – less
it was a good job with great benefits
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDApril 23, 2015
Pros: great pay, great benefits and co workers were great
Cons: short lunches, very strict on calls, very strict on breaks and time away from your phone. a lot of scripts you must read and remember.
Great place to work as long as you can follow rules exact. when i comes to calls your graded on everything from the way you sound to what you say and scripts you must read.
Great atomsphere. Strong Management Team
Customer Service Trainer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 22, 2015
Pros: events that allowed assoicates to be recognize for the great performance
Cons: addtional training for those who may struggle
A day to day at work would include providing excellent customer service to our customer to ensure a one call resolutions. Found how to deal with a customer when the are upset regarding a situation and to resolve by listening and taking care of there situation ,even if it was explaining what happened (reason for delay/late fee). Hardest part of my job was that I wasn't able to make every customer happy. The best part being able to take a bad situation and make my customer happy and still satisfied and will to give the company another chance
excellent work environment and benefits
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Danbury, CTApril 22, 2015
i loved working with GE. great people, great benefits and great environment. as a current employee I would recommend it for everyone to work here.
Excellent advancement opportunities with great work life balance
Risk Management Program Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2015
GE was a great company to work for. The management strongly encouraged you to work hard while challenging yourself constantly with new and diverse tasks and goals. I did everything from data analytics, regulatory reporting, compliance, and excel analysis to underwriting, modeling, pitch building, and portfolio management. The diverse exposure to multiple kinds of risks has allowed me to develop into a well rounded risk professional while maintaining a good work life balance.
Execution oriented culture with strong leadership philosophy
Executive, Business & Operations Strategy - RRP (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTApril 22, 2015
- Challenging, growth oriented environment offering great professional and personal development opportunities

- Highly stimulating and satisfying

- Meritocracy with great upward mobility
High Energy; Deep expertise
Director, Senior Credit Reviewer (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2015
Broad range of credits to review across all GECC platforms including asset backed and cash flow deals. Global portfolio offering broad geographic footprint as well. Working with strong, credible team of risk professionals. Team was tasked to improve independent risk assessment rigor and drive continuous portfolio monitoring.

Challenging work environmental until recent announcement to sell majority of business with goal to deregulate.
Lot of learning & skill developmnet
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTApril 21, 2015
Great platform to enhance your skills and gain a lot of work experience in regulatory readiness for financial services.
overall a good place
Analyst (Current Employee), Greater NYCApril 20, 2015
Everyone for the most part is nice and willing to help. Culture, other than 1-3 businesses, is stale, so you need to go out of your way to enjoy your job. Overall good pay, and decent benefits.
Portfolio Risk Associate (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTApril 20, 2015
Excellent culture and environment, professional group of people. Good work life balance with opportunity to grow and advance.
Stuffy culture. Not a fully robust risk infrastructure.
Risk Analyst - Treasury (Current Employee), Stamford, CTApril 19, 2015
Pros: Work life balance
Cons: Culture, job stability, office perks
GE Capital has been consistently playing catch-up after their designation as a SIFI by bringing in external talent to bring the risk infrastructure up to par. Given the amount of investment required to become Fed compliant, combined with their relatively high cost of funds, the operating model has proven to not be fully efficient, and the sale of most business platforms reflects this.

Management can vary by business. GE utilizes internal tracks significantly to source upper level management. They often rotate executives through different businesses every 2-3 years. This appears to be relatively inefficient as the executives often do not have an incredibly robust industry knowledge and need to be educated on the business they are expected to manage.

That being said, GE's leadership programs are a great place to start your career. Access to senior leadership, exposure to different industries/business models, and global reach provide great learning opportunities for young professionals.

Solid and affordable healthcare coverage, and excellent relocation packages.
Productive workplace
IT Leader - BI Data Management and Architecture (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTApril 16, 2015
Great place to work with enormous talent specially in the leadership and strategy. Very diversified and company with a global brand.
Productive and Great place to work
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 15, 2015
Pros: Great Leadership training Oppurtunities
Cons: Benefits are not good as compared to market
Management cares about employees, Great place to acquire People Management skills. Overall good company to work for.
Account Manager-Team Lead Outdoor Product Group (Current Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILApril 14, 2015
Hard work and determination pay off. If you patient and persistent you will get far. Good bonus system, but if you want to get ahead without having connections, you need to differentiate yourself.
Awesome Job Benefits
Investment Analyst (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTApril 14, 2015
The benefits at GE Capital are awesome. The company has many ways for employees to take advantage of their positions including a lengthy list of discounts at popular retailers as well as awesome health benefits.
Excellent Work Life Balance
Online Banking Operations Manager (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 13, 2015
This company provides exceptional work life balance to its employees. There is plenty of career advancement opportunities especially if your open to relocation.
Company with high values culture
Financial Analyst - Lead Professional Band (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 12, 2015
Pros: Company with high values culture
Cons: Working on New Year's Eve and Day
Great company to work for. Great people, teamwork and respectful management, nice office culture and extra work fun activities.
Great place to work and incredible learning opportunities
Manager, Enterprise Risk Governance (Current Employee), Danbury, CTApril 12, 2015
Pros: Extensive learning opportunities, Fitness Center on location
Cons: Flexibility can be an issue
I have held a number of roles at GE Capital and it has given me the opportunity to really expand my horizons and grow professionally and personally.
Headquarters