GE Capital Employee Reviews

Good
Commercial Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasApril 2, 2017
GE was a diversified company offeringa challenging work environment and growth opportunities. I enoyed working with GE and I would like to work with them in the future.
productive workplace with a pingpong table
AR specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 26, 2017
Wish we had more opportunities to advance, or make a bonus. Not enough recognition for the work we do and training was not helpful at all. love the people i work with but not the job.
Strong Company, great people
Director - Corporate Treasury (Risk Management) (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 26, 2017
The company is solid, great working relationships; though the Capital side of the company is shrinking, the Industrial side remains quite strong. Great place to work!!!
Autonomous structure, longevity based on results
Manager (Former Employee) –  VariousMarch 24, 2017
High risk, high reward organization; left to own devices to achieve the desired results; assisted in growing division 300% in 4 years, promoted to Senior Vice President, ran own division as President for two years.
Federal Collector (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 22, 2017
Great place to work, but didn't like the micromanaging I experienced so I only lasted 10 months. They did some fun activities for the employees but when I got sick with the flu, they weren't very accommodating to me.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Micro Managers
Great positive environment
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMarch 18, 2017
GE was a very positive company to work for with many great benefits and great coworkers and peers. The culture was very positive and always someone cheering you on and boosting your confidence.
Pros
Helping and training our clients on the products and services we offered.
Good Company
Investment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2017
Great company to work for. Great people, great opportunities for advancement. I enjoyed my time here greatly and highly recommend them to anyone looking in that industry.
Good financial expereince
Team Lead\Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 10, 2017
Its a good place to learn about financial services. GE has huge data which have challenges and you will learn on how to manage the data. Environment is good.
Good Company with low advancement opportunity
Director Asset Liability Management (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 10, 2017
Great compensation but a disfunctional culture. Company grew too fast and didn't anticipate their infrastructural needs and fell behind the times. Gap between senior management and their employees is quite wide.
Great Learning Culture
Manager Genpact (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 7, 2017
GE gives you a good Platform for learning and growing professionally. It has an excellent work culture. It gives you flexibility to work from home when required.
Have not worked at this company since 2006
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 7, 2017
Too many changes have occurred since I worked there. I was afforded many training opportunities and promotions. However, the market and business have changed since then.
I feel like I grew up at GE Capital after 23 years
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 2, 2017
It was my first job and I spent 23 years there, growing, learning and advancing. There was always an opportunity for a new challenge
Pros
people, management, stock, job security
Cons
the business moved to Danbury CT
Treasury department is not a good place to work at
Manager, Treasury (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 24, 2017
not friendly, stressful work environment, no work life balance especially in FP&A and stress testing groups, management team is needed to be retrained,
Short Term Contractor
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2017
I was there as a short term contractor for a specific project. Enjoyed the people we worked in the IT group. Project required many long days. Management that our team reported to was great to work with. Location was downtown Chicago.
Very Structured
Vice President, Client Development - Luxury (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHFebruary 15, 2017
GE was very structured and process oriented. The division I worked for was a matrix managed organization so every department had and equal say. This was challenging because no one division really had authority.

Great company with opportunity.
Cons
So focused on checking the box. Often bogged down in details.
Best work experience of my life - so far
Global Wellness Leader (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 13, 2017
GE is an exceptional organization. The people are dynamic, smart and fun. The culture is relatable and nurturing. You can only grow professionally and personally while working as part of the GE team.
Pros
Challenging, fun and dynamic
Cons
Organizational "red tape" and some inconsistent messaging is an issue, but that's almost everywhere. Middle managers are in the hardest spot.
Good pay
Controllership Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 11, 2017
GE has a brand so it's feel good to work there. Some managers are far better than others , especially those who are not graduates of the various GE's leadership programs
Pros
More training for growth
Cons
Descrimination
The name has changed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Merriam, KSFebruary 10, 2017
This was my first call center job and I wish I would have appreciated it more. Very cool place to work...................................................................................................................... I have nothing else to add. Lots of angry customers because online payments were not yet recognized in the 90's
Relax environment
Customer Representative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 7, 2017
I love my job and I love working for GE. They are very accommodating and work life balance is great. the benefits cannot be beat.
GE Capital
Telecommunications Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 7, 2017
Good place to work. Good company with lots of different job experiences. Job was eliminated due to company downsizing and I was given a severance package.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Capital. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval