GE Capital

GE Capital Employer Reviews

Work at Home
Work @ Home Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: working at home
Cons: no chance to advance upwards
Working from home was nice. I was set up with work data, computers and meeting were done over the phone.
I took calls from merchants and card holders for applications, increases, transaction history and spoke to merchants about account reviews.
great atmosphere with people to help and teach you.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Merriam, KSJanuary 15, 2014
I deal with incoming calls from customers all day. Its kinda tiring but rewarding at the same time. they have a great 401k plan and health plan.
Friendly environment
Remote Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 7, 2014
Very educational and fast paced environment to work in. Due to the call volume there was never a dull moment keeping you fully engaged despite the fact that you were working remotely
If you need work in between jobs..
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: decent benefits, variety of activities & groups within the office
Cons: very little flexibility in most job aspects, butt-kissing, clique-like office culture, no support from management to change processes and procedures that would improve workplace
GE (Care Credit) makes a valiant attempt at promoting a balanced work day with activities that are available during lunch breaks such as
-Treadmill
-Ping Ping
-Nintendo Wii
-Career & Life Workshops

On the other side of the coin, do not expect great pay if you are looking to support yourself or a family. A lot of work and stringent rules to follow that – more... are mostly semantic in interpretation. Zero flexibility. Management and HR provides very little support with most explaining away discrepancies with the phrase, "it is what it is." Healthcare benefits are decent overall. Worked with great co-workers but high rate of turnover in office. – less
Productive place to work
Customer service rep (Current Employee), shawnee, ksDecember 29, 2013
Typical work days are very repetitive you learn your job quick and easy. The most enjoyable part of my job is assisting customers nd helping them figure out issues they do not understand.
Good
Credit Underwriter/Account Manager (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTDecember 27, 2013
Pros: team atmosphere
Cons: salary
It's a great place to start your career. Hard work pays off. Reasonable work life balance.
Horrible place to work...
Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville FLDecember 16, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: horrible work environment
GE Capital brings employees on board with a very warm and fuzzy approach. This is a misrepresentation of what comes later. Management is untrained and workload expectations are not reasonable. Low morale among employees, nasty work environment. The culture is: "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil." Big elephant in the room and you better shade – more... your eyes...
Worst place I ever worked. – less
8 yrs 7 months of exp in IT industry as a Senior JAVA Developer
(SAM) Application, Sr Java Developer (Current Employee), ConnecticutDecember 13, 2013
 Around 8 yrs 7 months of exp in IT industry as a Senior JAVA Developer with Primary responsibilities in Analysis, Design, Coding, Unit Testing, Documentation, project execution and tracking
 Software development experience in developing enterprise wide, multi-tier and multi-threaded application software in Commercial finance, CRM, HealthCare, Retail – more... & Telecommunications.
 Good experience in SDLC Models like waterfall and ‘V” process model.
 Have worked in the role of Team Lead, Configuration Tech Lead, Quality Team Lead and other process related activities. – less
Excellent Company
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Danbury CtDecember 12, 2013
Pros: employees have a feeling of belonging to a great company
Cons: no job security
Great place to work. Requires a lot of hard work and demanding deadlines. Promotion based on merits no seniority. Good communication and culture.
Very boring place to work
Mail Extraction Operator (Former Employee), Longwood, FLDecember 11, 2013
Pros: we participated in holday event and stuff like breast cancer awareness.
Cons: insurance use to good
My job consist of running a low speed machine opening up documents and batching them. Attention to detail is important, and proper dating and tagging.
competitive salary, family friendly, great benefits,
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee), Merriam, KSDecember 7, 2013
Excellent Employer...very family friendly...flexible scheduling...cafeteria on site...friendly co-workers and managers.
Professional enviroment. Great place to work.
Senior Operations Lead (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2013
Pros: no on call assignments
Cons: medical insurance very expensive
A typical day at the office was managing and monitoring day to day operations to ensure production was meet. I learned how to complete workflow process maps. I enjoyed being apart of management. There was nothing hard about the job. Enjoyed going to work and meeting daily goals.
Great Place to Work
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILDecember 2, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: can't think of any
I really enjoyed working for the GE Roadside service until I got laid off in 2008.
Family atmosphere
Collector (Former Employee), Canton, OHNovember 25, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: always collecting for some kind of charity.
Logging on to a dialer and calling creditors. Management doors were always open. Co workers were very friendly. The hardest part of the job was having team meetings. I prefer to do my job and go home. The most enjoyable part of my job was smoke breaks and going home.
Knowledgeable Management
Billing (Former Employee), Rosemont, ILNovember 25, 2013
Pros: operational excellence
Cons: focus on advancement but not enough opportunities in same business
Focus on quality and improvement. Seemed like more emphasis was put on lateral moves than promotions.
N/A
Risk/Delinquency Analyst (Former Employee), Danbury, CTNovember 25, 2013
• Managed Corporate Aircraft and Intermediary portfolio delinquency on pre-30 basis
o Headed conference calls with key customers over-seas to insure timely wires, legal documentation and excellent customer service
o Reduced Corporate Aircraft portfolio delinquency from $78MM (17%) to $1.1MM (0.24%)
o Reconciled 90 Lease Plan delinquent accounts resulting – more... in reduced delinquency by $1MM
• Identified troubled accounts to be escalated to the delegation and default process
• Evaluated distress accounts to provide restructure solutions based on customer financial information
• Coordinated risk analysis, credit write-ups and modification planning. – less
Good Company
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Healthcare SectorNovember 15, 2013
Large company, quarter ends, nice people, good management, lots of work, company outings, etc
True and Friendly work environment of customer support
Customer Support Executive (Former Employee), Chennai, IndiaNovember 12, 2013
Friendly and work easy work culture. Answering customer calls related to loans. provide solutions for customer loan issues
They say it is a great place to work
Consumer Solutions Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kettering, OHNovember 7, 2013
Pros: god health care and benefits
Cons: metrics
I purposely stayed in the customer service position for two years so that I could learn every aspect of the business and my accounts. I felt if the customer service portion was down, I could go into sales. That is exactly what I did. I earned a spot on the sales team and did very well at first.
The pressure to meet their metrics became more and more – more... demanding. I had a 4 minute handle time to assist the customer and sell them an invisible product called debt can. I was ready for something new. This was during the time that the government enforced new banking and credit card laws, demanding more and more from credit card companies. This was a confusing time for the consumer. Regulation Z changed a lot of things. – less
Contract Analysis/Billing (Current Employee), Rosemont, ILOctober 28, 2013
Pros: during a major restructuring resulting in a 40% staff reduction, assumed more than triple the normal account responsibility, supporting several contracts wing to wing generating over 7 million usd per month.
During a major restructuring resulting in a 40% staff reduction, assumed more than triple the normal account responsibility, supporting several contracts wing to wing generating over 7 million USD per month.

About GE Capital

At GE Capital we’re not just bankers, we’re builders. Headquartered in Norwalk Connecticut, GE Capital is one of the – Read more