GE Capital

GE Capital Employer Reviews

GE
Collections Specialist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 23, 2013
Great Company. The job is just not challenging enough. More lateral movement in the company than anything. Contacting customers all day. Great people to work with.
Customer focused and quality driven
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNOctober 23, 2013
GE Capital is very innovative, customer focused, quality driven and team oriented.
GE Capital
Vice President Sales (Current Employee), Medina, OHOctober 21, 2013
Overall good place to work.
Must embrace the culture to sustain.
Must be able to work independently at times.
Must be able to forecast accurately.
Fun place to work at. Comfortable dress code, nice air conditioning and facilities
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Guaynabo, PROctober 14, 2013
Work is very easy
good coffee and nice computer systems
Great coworkers relationship
Excellent place to start career
Analyst, Capital Markets (Current Employee), Stamford, CTOctober 3, 2013
Pros: work life balance, name recognition
Cons: lower pay than peers
Pros:
Great work life balance
Good reputation
Opportunities to move within the company
Very friendly environment

Cons:
Red Tape
No sense of urgency in projects
Stable, but at times unexciting
Lower pay than industry peers
Excellent company to work for
Accountant (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 2, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Ge is an excellent company to work for. There's always room for improvement.
Great plce to work with lots of employee perks.
Systems/Security Administrator (Former Employee), 2950 Roswell Rd Atlanta, GeorgiaSeptember 29, 2013
GE Capital was a great place to work and advance. Enjoyed working with and processing dealer funding. As a System Administrator I enjoyed giving system access to all new and current employees. Provided helpdesk support.
Great Place to work
Senior Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Bellevue, WASeptember 17, 2013
GE was a fast paced professional and customer focus driven. Team environment.
Great place to work with exceptional benefits
AVP, Business Development - Chief of Staff to CEO (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 13, 2013
Management team provides great opportunities for those who strive to succeed.
Card Processing
Customer Service Representative (Permanent) (Former Employee), Merriam, KSSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: job ended
I will increase the customer credit line by policies and I will help the customer understand their billing
Great company to work for overall
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Stamford, CTSeptember 11, 2013
I had a great experience working at GE. Had several positions within the company. Left the company due to another position that I just couldn't pass up.
Great job and working environment.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), High Point, NCAugust 22, 2013
So sorry to have been laid off and company location closed.
Wonderful company.
Perfect place to work with great benefits
A/R Specialist (Former Employee), Mason, OHAugust 22, 2013
Pros: excellent place to work wonderful team
Cons: no complaints
Extensive experience as a collections, credit & accounts receivable manager responsible for maintaining an aggressive collections program in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws, and company policies to minimize bad debt and reduce delinquencies. Generated millions in revenue
Great place to work.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2013
GE was great. I really enjoyed working there and the opportunities to grow. Very friendly atmosphere and worked well as a team.
HIGH ENERGY GREAT LEARNING GROUND
CashDesk Associate (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTAugust 6, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: work thru lunch
I get in and right away customers are in demand. I have improved greatly on my customer service skills. I have a manager thats willing to work with me and co workers that make the day go by fast with some interesting brain games we play. Keeping up with the demand but with great environment it can make it easier to do. The in between time where we are – more... all sharing some part of the day. Exchanging our experiences. – less
Productive workplace
Process Control Manager (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 31, 2013
Pros: cafeteria in building
Cons: open concept
Unique environment and very unique in the management style .
Great place to get experience
Marketing manager (Former Employee), United StatesJuly 31, 2013
Pros: experience and variety of businesses available to work in.
Cons: weak marketing department, senior leadership
GE is world renowned for its management talent and development. Usually, the reality lives up to the hype. A ruthless focus on performance metrics results in a much less political culture than in other Fortune 500 companies. Combined with a true commitment to promoting high talent across divisions makes GE fairly unique in my experience.

On the downside, – more... the stock has underperformed by any measurement the last 10 years and the company lost its AAA rating under Immelt's stewardship. – less
FUN WORK PLACE
Verification Analyst/Trainer (Former Employee), High Point, NCJuly 24, 2013
Pros: the bonus checks for the extra hard work
Cons: i hate that the company closed down
ON A DAILY BASIS I WOULD BALANCE, UPDATE AND CORRECT THE BUSINESS CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS. I LEARNED THE DIFFERENT VALUES OF HOW TO KEEP THE CUSTOMERS SATISFIED IN ORDER TO KEEP THEIR ACCOUNTS WITH OUR COMPANY. WITH MY MANAGEMENT SKILLS OF THINKING OUTSIDE OF THE BOX I MAINTAINED WAYS WITH KEEPING MY CO-WORKERS ENERGETIC WITH THEIR POSITIONS TO ASSURE WITH – more... MY TRAINING SKILLS THAT THEIR DUTIES ARE BASIC AND THAT OUR CUSTOMERS SATISFACTION COMES FIRST. THERE WERE NO HARD PARTS WITH THIS JOB AND THE MOST ENJOYABLE PARTS OF THIS JOB IS WHERE THE MONTHLY TEAM OUTINGS ALLOWED TIME FOR US TO GET TO LEARN MORE ABOUT EACH OTHER ON A PERSONAL LEVEL AS WE BUILDED TOGETHER AS ONE. – less
Great place to work, plenty of opportunities to develop
Risk Manager, Loss forecasting & Analytics (Former Employee), MelbourneJuly 15, 2013
Pros: quality of work, staff development
Cons: work/life balance
GE Capital is a great place to work. There is always a lot going on which means there are plenty of opportunities to develop. The focus on staff training is amazing.
Excellent training, people and work environment.
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 13, 2013
A typical day at work would be to prepare call lists for prospecting new and existing business opportunities. Calling those targets, finding an opportunity and setting up an appointment. Many days often required travel for going on appointments to visit with potential customers in the New England area. Multiple training's weekly and long days were required.

There – more... is so much to learn at GE Capital. GE is heavily invested in many industries. My industry targets were construction and marine, manufacturing, food beverage and agriculture, paper and forestry as well as IT, pharmaceutical and medical device companies. Understanding how different businesses work and what to expect is extremely important if you want to build credibility immediately with a customer. The amount of training was constant and always evolving so that you were able to put yourself in position to leverage what companies needs and wants were to close a sale due to their ever evolving industries.

My manager was outstanding. One of the most intelligent and resourceful people I have ever worked with. GE certainly does a great job positioning the right people for the right roles.

All of my co-workers were great. Many hard working and intelligent people made working at GE that much more fun.

The hardest part of the job is the fact that I am greedy and competitive and at the end of the day I want more. There are not enough hours in the day at times.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a customer happy with the solution that we would provide for them. A big part of this is listening to what the customers wants and needs are. Finding out what is keeping them up at night, and finding the solution to help their business grow. – less

About GE Capital

At GE Capital we’re not just bankers, we’re builders. Headquartered in Norwalk Connecticut, GE Capital is one of the – Read more