GE Capital Employee Reviews

Short Term Contractor
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2017
I was there as a short term contractor for a specific project. Enjoyed the people we worked in the IT group. Project required many long days. Management that our team reported to was great to work with. Location was downtown Chicago.
Very Structured
Vice President, Client Development - Luxury (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHFebruary 15, 2017
GE was very structured and process oriented. The division I worked for was a matrix managed organization so every department had and equal say. This was challenging because no one division really had authority.

Great company with opportunity.
Cons
So focused on checking the box. Often bogged down in details.
Best work experience of my life - so far
Global Wellness Leader (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTFebruary 13, 2017
GE is an exceptional organization. The people are dynamic, smart and fun. The culture is relatable and nurturing. You can only grow professionally and personally while working as part of the GE team.
Pros
Challenging, fun and dynamic
Cons
Organizational "red tape" and some inconsistent messaging is an issue, but that's almost everywhere. Middle managers are in the hardest spot.
Good pay
Controllership Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 11, 2017
GE has a brand so it's feel good to work there. Some managers are far better than others , especially those who are not graduates of the various GE's leadership programs
Pros
More training for growth
Cons
Descrimination
The name has changed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Merriam, KSFebruary 10, 2017
This was my first call center job and I wish I would have appreciated it more. Very cool place to work...................................................................................................................... I have nothing else to add. Lots of angry customers because online payments were not yet recognized in the 90's
Relax environment
Customer Representative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 7, 2017
I love my job and I love working for GE. They are very accommodating and work life balance is great. the benefits cannot be beat.
GE Capital
Telecommunications Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 7, 2017
Good place to work. Good company with lots of different job experiences. Job was eliminated due to company downsizing and I was given a severance package.
it was a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 7, 2017
I handle Lowe account LAR and credit card. Handle high call volume work during lunch. The company gave great incentive to the employees and their families.
Pros
everything
nice place to work
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 2, 2017
same as wells fargo review, fast pace, collections, culture is good, management is fair, responsible for collections of 3-15 million on a monthly basis
Love working with this company
Sales Tax Specialist (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 1, 2017
Great work environment, great management staff that is always very professional and cared about their people. Would always have great incentives for their employees. Good pay, benefits
Pros
great pay
Stable compnay to work for
Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA 52404January 29, 2017
A more detailed training program needs to be implemented. New team members who haven't learned the available tools or resources should not be giving the training to new teammates coming on board.
Pros
Team meetings allow for good communication
Cons
Insufficient training to ensure all team members handle customer research properly
Excellent Company
Associate - Closing (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 28, 2017
Worked as a remote Closer for GE Franchise Finance.

I was responsible for reviewing the approved deal and ordering all due diligence that was required; title, environmental, surveys, site inspections, flood, etc. I also engaged outside counsel and would communicate with the borrower what closing items were needed prior to closing. Depending on the type of deal I would review the leases and franchise agreements and provide Risk detail franchise and lease information. I would also fund the transaction; coordinate all payoffs and provide funding notices if the deal was participated by other lenders.
Pros
GE is the type of company that believes in developing talented people.
Cons
Sold many of it's financial services companies.
Strong company financially, but tough on employees
Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 27, 2017
A huge company with lots of opportunities if you are are willing to relocate. The location local to Iowa had limited growth opportunities and a management team that was stuck in the 70s.
Excellent company, but focus is always on the bottom line
Training Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2017
GE Capital is an old company that is highly focused on making itself relevant in the modern age. Executed a complete revision of its mid-market corporate lending and leasing business strategy in 2015 to focus only on financial solutions that align with the core industrial businesses of General Electric (energy systems, aviation, locomotives, healthcare, etc.). Divested over $200 bn of assets that did not fit in this business model. Major focus now is on high-tech manufacturing, digital industrial solutions and services, etc.
Certainly world-class in most areas, such as management, corporate culture, business and industrial acumen. Support for employees is generally excellent, lots of training and development opportunities, many avenues for career growth and advancement, particularly if one is willing to re-locate, very competitive salary, good work-life balance, perks such as employee discounts on GE products. One glaring exception is healthcare benefits for U.S. employees. Medical insurance is sub-par for a company of this prominence.
Overall an excellent company, if somewhat stodgy, with many world-class features, but never forget that the company makes all decisions with its eye solidly on the bottom line.
Pros
Generous PTO, competitive pay, occasional company lunch or breakfast, great facilities, global scope
Cons
Healthcare, stodgy and somewhat slow to change
Great culture, but, you are not allowed much opportunity to move to other businesses
Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 26, 2017
Loved the culture and innovation. People are treated well as long as they are of use to the company. Once they decided to layoff or get rid of GE Capital, then you are alienated from the rest of the company in trying to land a job there. HR is disjointed, unengaged and ambivalent.
Pros
Compensation and comraderie
Cons
Couldn't give you the time of day once you are on the layoff list
GE Capital Franchise
Cash and Invoice Processor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 24, 2017
I loved my time at GE Capital Franchise Finance. Great Team atmosphere, had a good boss, got to work from home 1-2 days a week, and had good benefits. I really enjoyed my time there.
Great, fun place to wrok
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 24, 2017
Great company, company benefits and compensation are comparable to other call center, they value their employees and provided excellent training. Awesome
Awesome Place to work!
Titles Associate (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTJanuary 24, 2017
GE has been the best employer to work for, I have loved coming to work everyday for the last 6 years. The culture is fun and the people are like family. I have learned a lot since being here and I am confident that I will be able to take my skills and apply them to a new job and be successful.
Pros
Free Lunches, coffee, benefits
Excellent
Field Service Auditor/Risk Mitigation (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2017
An excellent company to work for, management is fair and the overall company is family friendly. Overtime paid for hours over 40
Pros
annual raises
great place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 20, 2017
This was one of my best employers and I would go back any day to GE. Unfortunately GE decided to sell off 90 percent of its GE Capital businesses. I enjoyed the work culture.
Pros
Work life balance, people, management, health center, work culture
Cons
unfortunately management decided to divest after hiring thousands of people leaving people in a fix

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Capital. Our community is ready to answer.