GE Capital

GE Capital Employer Reviews

Great place to get experience
Marketing manager (Former Employee), United StatesJuly 31, 2013
Pros: experience and variety of businesses available to work in.
Cons: weak marketing department, senior leadership
GE is world renowned for its management talent and development. Usually, the reality lives up to the hype. A ruthless focus on performance metrics results in a much less political culture than in other Fortune 500 companies. Combined with a true commitment to promoting high talent across divisions makes GE fairly unique in my experience.

On the downside, – more... the stock has underperformed by any measurement the last 10 years and the company lost its AAA rating under Immelt's stewardship. – less
FUN WORK PLACE
Verification Analyst/Trainer (Former Employee), High Point, NCJuly 24, 2013
Pros: the bonus checks for the extra hard work
Cons: i hate that the company closed down
ON A DAILY BASIS I WOULD BALANCE, UPDATE AND CORRECT THE BUSINESS CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS. I LEARNED THE DIFFERENT VALUES OF HOW TO KEEP THE CUSTOMERS SATISFIED IN ORDER TO KEEP THEIR ACCOUNTS WITH OUR COMPANY. WITH MY MANAGEMENT SKILLS OF THINKING OUTSIDE OF THE BOX I MAINTAINED WAYS WITH KEEPING MY CO-WORKERS ENERGETIC WITH THEIR POSITIONS TO ASSURE WITH – more... MY TRAINING SKILLS THAT THEIR DUTIES ARE BASIC AND THAT OUR CUSTOMERS SATISFACTION COMES FIRST. THERE WERE NO HARD PARTS WITH THIS JOB AND THE MOST ENJOYABLE PARTS OF THIS JOB IS WHERE THE MONTHLY TEAM OUTINGS ALLOWED TIME FOR US TO GET TO LEARN MORE ABOUT EACH OTHER ON A PERSONAL LEVEL AS WE BUILDED TOGETHER AS ONE. – less
Great place to work, plenty of opportunities to develop
Risk Manager, Loss forecasting & Analytics (Former Employee), MelbourneJuly 15, 2013
Pros: quality of work, staff development
Cons: work/life balance
GE Capital is a great place to work. There is always a lot going on which means there are plenty of opportunities to develop. The focus on staff training is amazing.
Excellent training, people and work environment.
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 13, 2013
A typical day at work would be to prepare call lists for prospecting new and existing business opportunities. Calling those targets, finding an opportunity and setting up an appointment. Many days often required travel for going on appointments to visit with potential customers in the New England area. Multiple training's weekly and long days were required.

There – more... is so much to learn at GE Capital. GE is heavily invested in many industries. My industry targets were construction and marine, manufacturing, food beverage and agriculture, paper and forestry as well as IT, pharmaceutical and medical device companies. Understanding how different businesses work and what to expect is extremely important if you want to build credibility immediately with a customer. The amount of training was constant and always evolving so that you were able to put yourself in position to leverage what companies needs and wants were to close a sale due to their ever evolving industries.

My manager was outstanding. One of the most intelligent and resourceful people I have ever worked with. GE certainly does a great job positioning the right people for the right roles.

All of my co-workers were great. Many hard working and intelligent people made working at GE that much more fun.

The hardest part of the job is the fact that I am greedy and competitive and at the end of the day I want more. There are not enough hours in the day at times.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a customer happy with the solution that we would provide for them. A big part of this is listening to what the customers wants and needs are. Finding out what is keeping them up at night, and finding the solution to help their business grow. – less
Unfair treatment
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2013
Pros: co-workers were great
Cons: micromanagement, being laid off
They say they want the truth, but they really don't. We spoke up for a co-worker who was being treated unfairly and we lost our jobs for it. Stay clear
Excellent place to work at
Portfolio Management Analyst - Risk (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJuly 8, 2013
Learned good time management skills, prioritizing task, learned portfolio management.
Has a lot of incentives
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Kettering OhioJuly 7, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: schedules
Takes a lot of patients and computer knowledge to work at GE. GE provides a lot of training for the positions.
Successful but conservative firm
Analyst - Equity Team (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2013
Pros: stable bank
Cons: culture / organizational structure
I have been exposed to bright individuals and a broader Private Equity market. Along with that exposure, I have been able to develop deal underwriting & origination skills.
Great Company
Collections (Former Employee), Dressler RDJuly 2, 2013
Pros: great company
Cons: n/a
Great place to work, management is awesome, and the benfits are great as well
Independent flexible work schedule
Corporate Paralegal (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTJune 13, 2013
A typical work day changes daily based on demand for specific assignments. In addition to daily monitoring that legal entities are maintained in good standing. Uploading documents in our central depository systems "Livelink and GEMs" so that record retention is kept as current as possible. Monitoring and clearance of Trade Associations to ensure regulatory – more... compliance. The hardest part of my job is not having enough time in a day. The most enjoyable is the flexibility I have within my role and time management. – less
Great company developing marketing insight capabilities
Sales Analytics and Modeling Leader (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTJune 11, 2013
Pros: people, learning opportunities
GE Capital Corporation is an excellent company to work for with great colleagues. Within the commercial marketing analytics space certain capabilities need further development although progress is being made in several areas.
Fortune 10 company
SPG Inside Sales Administrative Associate (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILMay 23, 2013
Pros: being recognized with 'thank you' on daily responsibilities
Cons: the drive was 3 hrs round trip
Received training on several arenas which was encouraged.
Professional demeanor needed on incoming phone calls and with internal clients at all times.
Manager was a 'mentor' for my professional growth within this role.
Hardest part of the job was the drive (3hrs) daily.
The most enjoyable part was the business casual dress code.
A Great Company
Service Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2013
I enjoyed the culture at GE Capital.

I expanded my skills, knowledge and abilities exponentially while employed at General Electric.
Family oriented company that gives back to community
Collections Rep (Former Employee), canton, ohMay 21, 2013
Ge is an excellent company with great benefits and perks. Personally the type of work I was doing I didn't believe in.
I liked talking to people and this was the biggest part of the job.
RFS, Account Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2013
Pros: i like talking to people and this is the biggest part of my job.
Cons: none.
Developed an Associate Job Skill Program with a Process Improvement Team (PIT).
● Managed inbound and outbound call activities on commercial and consumer credit programs.
● Reconciled commercial and consumer account discrepancies through effective utilization of system resources.
● Served as a Liaison between the Commercial and the Collections Departments.
 – more... Analyzed commercial and consumer accounts for credit line increases and sale authorizations up to $10,000.00
● Managed team statistics to promote quality and efficiency on the team.
● Maintained time and attendance records.
● Coached and counseled any new team member and other special projects assigned by the manager. – less
New Business
Senior New Market Development Manager (Former Employee), Northern CaliforniaMay 15, 2013
Pros: name well know
Cons: new territory all new business
Finding new business contacting dealers, visiting current dealers
This is a good company to work for.
Senior Portfolio Analyst (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMay 11, 2013
Collections duties, great co-workers, great training opportunities and pleasant atmosphere. Relocation is the reason for searching for other opportunities in St. Louis.
Horrid place to work. Negative environment.
Title Associate (Current Employee), BBillings, MTMay 7, 2013
Didn't talk with my supervisor for 7 weeks. If a supervisor doesn't like you or feels threatened by you they tell EVERY other supervisor. Management doesn't inform contractors of company holidays or other site closures. Supervisors give staff no direction or training. Employees are unhappy and negative. Constant turnover. Management spends more time – more... playing than working. – less
• Awarded as “Process Excellence Award” for excellent performance in the process for the month of sept 2008.
PROCESS DEVELOPER (Current Employee), hyderabadApril 29, 2013
Pros: lunch cards
Cons: insurance provided by the company
•Handling team size of six in the absence of my Reporting Manager.
•Deadline oriented & Team player.
•Been an SME for my portfolio and in training new associates for my process.
•Preparing Process related weekly and Monthly Reports.
A productive, fast-paced, creative learning environment
Regional Manager of Learning (Former Employee), Orangeburg, NYApril 28, 2013
Pros: a large trainnig team to work with
Cons: some of the red tape needed to go through to get things done
A typical day is training and development - Classroom training and/or design work.

I learned how to be part of a large team with many different moving parts.

My co-workers were other training professionals, department managers and all the learners.

The hardest part of the job can be a resistant training class.

The most enjoyable part of the job – more... can be working with teams to identify how to improve performance and then making it happen. – less

About GE Capital

At GE Capital we’re not just bankers, we’re builders. Headquartered in Norwalk Connecticut, GE Capital is one of the – Read more