GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Found 1,051 reviews matching the search
No Job Security/Advancement and No Job Culture
Assembly Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flat Rock, NC 28726February 1, 2016
I'm a hard worker and I was laid off for performance issues on one of the lines I worked on for one week. I worked there for four months, I was hoping to get hired on any day when I was abruptly laid off, I NEVER called out a single day, I worked till I sweat, and I learned how to do things others hadn't learned working for the company for years. I'm pretty upset. The benefits of working there are you have decent health insurance, you have good pay, and the hours are convenient to parents when working first shift (once you are hired).
Pros
Healthcare Benefits, Pay Increase when hired as a Permanet GE employee
Cons
As a temporary it's scary and there's a major lack of Job Security/no longer a Job Culture
Outstanding Place to Work
Experienced Leadership Prog. Associate GE, USA (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 22, 2016
GE is the best employer I have ever had. I have worked for 4 big multinational prior to my experience with GE and I have never had such a great experience. It is an example of execution and good management. I think it is a great place to work.
Pros
Great professionals, Clarity of strategy, Awesome products, Excellent facilities, Good salary, Exceptional training
Cons
I don't find any cons for this rotational program. It is the best in its class worldwide.
Company always provides training to further career opportunities
Lead Specialist - Employee Data management (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 22, 2016
Great working environment. All projects included cross functional teams so teamwork and goal alignment is essential
Pros
Benefits, change agent, training opportunities, culture, work/life balance
Cons
Upper management and corporate initiatives conflict with lean methodology
Every day is a new task.
Wind Turbine Technician (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Very competitive wages with a clean work environment. The people you work with are highly skilled and very knowledgeable. I enjoyed being 300 feet in the air with a beautiful scenery. The downside was getting the things you need when you need them. I enjoyed having something different to do everyday. The benefits are outstanding. Too many to list on here.
Pros
Working with little to no supervision. The benefits and wages.
Good paying company to work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Edward, NYMarch 8, 2016
As with any large company you are just a number and not really valued. But they pay really well and there are opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
Don't really value their employees and no job security
good benefits
engineering assistant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 30, 2015
GE provides good benefits (personal days, sick days, vacation days, a variety of health benefits including vision). They seem to be a bit stingy on giving out vacation days, though.
While the culture seems overall friendly and helpful towards employees, how to advance to the next job and/or finding out what other positions are available requires effort--a bit more than I've seen at other companies--for an employee to get ahead. For example, one of my managers told me I'd have to make my position obsolete before they'd advance me. (She's since left the company, and I do not know if this view is shared by others in management.)
Cons
advancement paths seem a bit vague
Excellent place for engineers to learn
Technician (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 25, 2016
Constantly changing policies and procedures in an effort to be on the cutting edge, which produces more inefficiencies than efficiency improvements. Internal spam is voluminous.
Pros
Job Work/Life Balance and benefits
Great company to work for
Switchgear/Generator Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 28, 2016
Great experiences learning new things everyday. teamwork involves good production an high quality product. Overtime and travel to customer sites., tool allowance, company lunches, exercise facility. Pay is excellent.
Pros
excellent work, plenty of overtime, great benifits
Great Job
PAINTER/CARPENTER (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 11, 2016
Working at GE was a great experience. I leaned alot and got to freshen up on some skills I hadn't visited in a while. Overall I enjoyed the atmosphere and going to work every day. The compensation & benefits were excellent.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Expensive Healthcare
Non Stop Environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAFebruary 12, 2016
To much red tape to drive change through the process. Good compensation long hours, lots of stress, little reward and empowerment.
No accountability and when holding people accountable you get reprimented
Pros
Pay
Cons
Red tape
Good company
Senior Planner / Scheduler / Asst Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 2, 2016
Alstom Power was acquired by General Electric in 2015 so I have limited experience with the company. My observation is that GE provides the tools necessary to suceed and encourages creative thinking. The company has good benefits and I expect compensation to be competitive.
Pros
No first-hand experience yet
Cons
No first-hand experience yet
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 16, 2016
Manager will let you work without over managing. Benefits and wages are lower scale for what you do. Job performance not looked at as top priority when promoting from within.
Old industrial company
Senior Steam Turbine Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 28, 2016
Industrial company with old school executive structure. Laborers are squeezed and executives reap the benefits. No reward without moving from position to position. Quality work is taken for granted.
Great people to work with
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYFebruary 1, 2016
Loved the people I worked with and the challenge of the job.
GE had good benefits and pay. They always provided me with pride in my work. The hardest part of the job was keeping the changing software and technology communicated to the correct people.
Company doesnt value employees much
Senior FP&A Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJanuary 28, 2016
Salary is not bad. Healthcare benefits are terrible. Management is not consistent. Don't expect to progress very far unless you have come through the FMP program
Productive Water Filtration Plant
Quality Tester (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNAugust 19, 2015
GE is a good place to work at with various job opportunities within the company. Working in a water filtration plant is quite interesting; the process of creating filters is very important to our environment where it benefits every country and culture. It is a diverse community with respectable and friendly co-workers. The job positions at this company to perform are generally easy to understand. The company provides a work-safe environment. You learn why and how important filters are to our environment and health.
Pros
Great Benefits and diversity in culture and age, plus working for a great name.
Cons
Short breaks, communication from management needs improvement, can easily be overlooked for advancement
My 1st job, was good experience
Fabrication Foreman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2016
My 1st job, worked as a new hire, worked hard -worked up to Shop Foreman. Had several not so good bosses, but did work for several good ones. Made me appreciate good workers, learned to treat people the right ways. Old school ways was not good ways. Worked hard to develop a good department with exceptional people, some are still there.Plenty of work throughout the years. It was a good place to work. Some of the management toward the end were not so good. Managemment lad a lot of turnover. Overall it was pretty good to me, learned a lot.
Pros
plenty of advancement for myself, friendly people, worked together
Overall an o.k. place to work
Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 3, 2015
As I said an o.k. place to work. Most of my co-workers were fun to work with and we made a good team. However, others were lazy, just wanted a pay check for the least amount of effort. Not a good situation. It was a Union shop and that was a big part of the problem.
Pros
Good benefits and compensation
Cons
Poor management, some sub-par co-workers.
Repetitive Line Work
Assembley Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 1, 2016
My job is a repetitive line work position, driving in approximately 3000 screws a day , also placing a plate at the bottom of the Dishwasher (also known as the toe kick).
Pros
breaks and lunch at same time every day, good medical benifits
Cons
repetitive line work, standing for 8 hours a day.
Fun, lots of learning, always busy
Electrical Engineering Assembler (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 14, 2016
A typical day at work of 10 hours is performing the daily routine tasks of work that is complete at the given station worked in. I have learned many different aspects of electrical components that make up a power inverter. Management is mainly on key with everything. Safety is their main concern. Co-workers are great to work with. Easy to deal with in terms of problem solving and working together on tasks that require more than one person. The hardest part of the job is trying to maintain a certain time frame every week in order to complete the desired amount of power inverters to the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work at my own pace without being forced to rush.
Pros
Good hours, decent pay (would like more due to labor), fun
Cons
Lack of proper tools, material from vendors could be better, would like to not have a lay-off like I currently am now