GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Found 1,592 reviews matching the search
Life In GE
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandAugust 20, 2017
All about reporting numbers every week on calls to review and project revenue. The company tends to focus more on revenue then solve basic issues like getting all factories to operate under one operating system and process. Fine tune a process, take care of your customers and revenue will happen on its own!
Pros
Great benefits and experience
Cons
The Job demands a lot of time management and isn't conducive to having a family.
Great Work Place, Fast Pace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Decatur AlAugust 19, 2017
I would love the job if it wasn't temp. So many great employees waited almost 18 months to be hired on and were only making 8.00 per hour. Other than that it is a great place to work and I absolutely loved the management.
Pros
Great Work Enviroment/Managment
Cons
Takes too long to get hired on
Great people but very competitive place
Software Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAAugust 19, 2017
Great people to work with as you will very talented employees around you. But felt its a very competitive place too. Sometime people try to put unnecessary pressure.
Working with GE
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 18, 2017
Working with GE was a transition. I never worked with power before or had to ability to excel at a higher and more potential level then when working for the GE plant in Schenectady NY. Staff was always courteous and stood behind employee needs.
Pros
4 Breaks in 10 hour period
Cons
15 minutes late it was minus 1 hour pay
Challenging company
Director, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 18, 2017
This company is a great place to learn. The work and culture is challenging, the leadership is tough, and the products delivered are awesome. Great place to learn your personal limits.
very productive work place clean lean and efficient
ASSEMBLY WORKER (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 17, 2017
I enjoyed my time there and learned a great deal about production and how to run lean assembly lines and the best way to meet consumer demands while meeting government requirments
Excellent Company
Account Manager, Finance (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2017
Many opportunities were available for me during my years with the company. My education working for GE laid down the best foundation for my future advancements within the company and other companies.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Company expansions
Great
Field Engineer Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 15, 2017
Great Great Great seen many things and different applications, got to help many companies develop higher production. Got to see the world and was treated special.
Pros
Much to see
Cons
A lot of time away from family
Lead system engineer
Lead Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 15, 2017
Developed rules and utilized the EDP information to improve our recommendations define and developed validation plans for various locomotive interfaces.
Wonderful place to work
Lead Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 15, 2017
I enjoyed the time that I've spent in GE Power Services and hate to see that they've merged it into a wholly owned subsidiary FieldCore. I would stay but the structure that I liked has changed.
Remote location with sub standard pay
GE, Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lysite, WYAugust 14, 2017
Pay does not match the hours and travel required to get to the location. Safety is important prior to inspections or management tours but standards are not maintained. Management is weak and between the client and GE staff there seems to be information gaps and confusion in many cases.
Pros
Week on/week off schedule is nice
Cons
Long hours and not enough compensation for those hours. Not enough staff to cover vacations, etc.
Expects Results
Senior Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 12, 2017
GE remote work areas leave much to be desired as they are typically small offices with no extras. There are opportunities to move with the company. However, GE is going through a huge change right now.
Stressful place. They can't keep the supervisors for more then a few months.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 12, 2017
I worked for a good supervisor he was fair to all. And for me that's all I ask for. But the production manager and quality manager ran him off. He had a ton of skill and I feel that they were intimidated by that. We go through 3 or more Supervisor every couple of years. But the people I work on the line with are great and fun.
Benefits
Cons
Management/work hours
Sr. Project Manager | Functional Tax Technology (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 11, 2017
Best decision I ever made was to leave public accounting.
Joining the tax technology team at GE was one of the best opportunities to expand my knowledge base.
Sad when i left
Harvest Tech I (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIAugust 11, 2017
I wish I never left. But I had to relocate. The people the management all are helpful and nice. The Harvest Department what's the best job I ever had ROC
production
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 10, 2017
good workforce, although I was a engineering contract employee I thought it was an above average company to work for. I had a hard IT activation with the information that I needed.
Pros
easy going
Cons
poor IT help
The Best benefits
Electronics Test Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Minden, NVAugust 10, 2017
GE by far has had the best benefit package that I have had during my work career.This is especially true since the benefits started with my first day of employment,
Not the best place to work - stressful
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 9, 2017
I loved working at GE at first but the negativity begins to grind on you. Management is always changing. People are constantly being let go. Then suddenly, there is a layoff. They call it death of a thousand cuts because they do these mini-layoffs most of the time. It just got old. Plus, women don't report it but there is a lot of inappropriate talk and some touching. Very weird company.
Pros
Interesting products
Cons
Some odd people
Best company ever...
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 8, 2017
Great benefits and pay. Very-supportive management team. Great job advancement opportunities. You work a lot of hours, high expectations of Ops team. Very fast paced and somewhat stressful environment.
Pros
Unbelievably great benefits
Cons
Stressful environment
Worked Every Day
Assembly Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 8, 2017
Typical Day at Work: Piece work in a timely manner
I learned to work hard and stay balanced.
Management was fair.
Workplace Culture: Good learning environment
Hardest Part of the Job: Correcting someone's mistakes
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: People I work with.
Pros
The People
Cons
Correcting others' mistakes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.