GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Found 1,125 reviews matching the search
Strong Company
Production Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Enjoyed my year as a Production Analyst as a contractor. Would've considered full time employment, however there were zero new hires for 2015 in my department. Had to leave to seek opportunities outside of the company to remain competitive.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Legal Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 15, 2017
GE Global Operations is great place to work with a lot of collaboration spaces, ping pong tables in the breakrooms, and an overall wonderful environment.
Loved this job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2017
I really loved this job . I loved how much growth you could achieve at the job. I loved the work environment and all the managers and all of my team members.
Outsourced
NBC T&L Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 12, 2017
My team was given 10 hours to decide if we wanted to move from Fla to Arizona. Then they outsourced all the jobs from both sites to Asia and India.
Leadership always changing. Great products and resources
Senior Lead Consultant Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 11, 2017
collaboration abound at GE. Managers often change, and never become subject matter experts. push for collaboration to fill the gaps of management changes and lack of in depth knowledge. cover key relationships with multiple angles versus deep relationships throughout customer base.
Big Company
Sr. Technologist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 10, 2017
No real mentors. Everyone stays in a position for a couple of years then moves on. You are just a number. Impossible to do your job when you have to sub out work to foreign companies to save money for the investors.
Pros
Advancements and good salaries
Cons
One day you have a job the next you don't, Unions make it difficult to get things done and make money
Nice Company to work
Java/ J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2017
It was a good experience to work with GE. I have learned new technologies.I had good team members and co-workers.Overall I had good growth, development and improvement in communication skills.
Excellent place to advance in your career
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 10, 2017
As an intern on my third rotation I gained considerable knowledge in finance, sales and accounting being in different divisions. The pay was great and the company culture is just wonderful!
Pros
culture
Cons
location downtown
Results focused
Senior Organizational Communications Leader (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 9, 2017
Results focused company with focus on customers and their success. Fast paced with many divisions and opportunities to move within the company. Strong leaders dedicated to the company.
Decent place to work
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  East Flat Rock, NCJanuary 7, 2017
Spent a lot of years at GE and most of it I enjoyed. I learned how to work well with others and also individually. Some of the management was really good while others were not. I loved a lot of my co-workers and they are what I miss most about GE. The hardest part of my job was dealing with disrespectful and rude people. The most enjoyable part of my job was some of the amazing people I met while working with GE and the relationships we formed.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
short breaks
frequently volunteers to help communtity
Aviation, Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 6, 2017
great pay, poor upper management. job security is excellent, would strongly recommend changing out uppermanagment. all in all a good place to work for
Pros
great pay good benifeits
Cons
lots of drama poor managment
All talk but little action
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJanuary 5, 2017
It was a mistake joining GE from the leading EV car manufacturer. If you like a company that loves meetings & politics, this is the place for you. If you like to accomplish lots of daily tasks with no BS politics, GE is definitely NOT the place for individual & team accomplishments. Management in San Ramon is composed of old re-threads of Silicon Valley who are milking the company with little or no results for the stockholders.
Pros
Free drinks, beverages & coffee
Cons
Management by organized chaos
Summary of Light Life
R24 Coating Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJanuary 5, 2017
I have spent 21 years working for GE and I am very thankful for all the experiences that I have learned from GE Lighting. Very good benefits package, excellent working environment, professional personnel.
Dynamic place to work.
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 4, 2017
Good place to work. Very autonomous management style. Staff level management changes frequently. Enjoyed the challenges in developing new production systems.
excellent learning platform
Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 2, 2017
Challenging and demanding work environment but so rewarding. Always pushing the envelope. The stretch goals became a hindrance at times but pushed the teams.
Fun exciting job but too much travel
Global Sales & Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTDecember 30, 2016
I traveled a lot while working for GE. The development program was great but there was definitely a sacrifice I had to make in order to be a part of that program. There were many management changes but overall I would recommend GE. At a big company like GE, top management is likable and cares for the company and the workers - kind of like a politician that is expected to care about constituents because that's part of the job.
A great company to work for with great reputation
Executive Receptionist and Diversified Services (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTDecember 29, 2016
GE Corporate - tough but strong company. Time management and detail were taken very serious and expectations high.
It was stressful but working with a great team made it fun - we worked very hard and loved what we accomplished. I learned the importance of commitment, integrity, teamwork and leadership.
Pros
Rewards for accomplishments
Cons
Not much flexibility
Great environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 27, 2016
Always seeking to find the best fit for employees. Promote from within management actively helping employees to get to the next level in their career
Pros
Always showing appreciation
Cons
short breaks
State of the art evnironment to work
Manager of IBM Infrastructure Team (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 22, 2016
Learned a lot that contributed to my career. Worked with a professional staff with a wide variety of talent. The job eventually took me to the state of Florida where I led a highly successful project.
Pros
Best benefits
Cons
Job depended on the success of new contracts
General Electric-Aviation in Grand Rapids, MI was a good place to work.
Environmental Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 19, 2016
I worked as a contract employee for GE-Aviation in Grand Rapids, MI in the Environmental Testing Lab. I and my one co-worker supported Production and all of Engineering. Our nights-shift co-worker seldom showed up for work, so it was basically myself and one other worker. We functional tested all Production LRUs, and ran Engineering prototypes pre-production units as necessary. We provided all documentation daily.
Management was based on union shop principles for promotions and all other employee functions.
I had many great and knowledgeable co-workers both from Engineering and the Production Union shop. I made friends with quite a number of the employees.
The hardest part of the job was trying to maintain timely production schedules given the lackadaisical attendance of our other shift co-worker.
The reason I left was my contract ran out and company policy required no more than a one year contract.
Pros
Interesting work for intermediate level technicians, good working conditions, good co-workers, good company.
Cons
Difficulty maintaining timely production deadlines due to union worker not showing up for shift, management took months before documenting the problem with the co-worker.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.