GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Strong Presence in Aviation Market
Project & Facilities Director (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 22, 2017
Customer Focused,
Belief that must stay Lean to Go Fast,
Inspire each other at all levels of the Organization,
Deliver Results in an Uncertain World (change is constant),
Learn and Adapt to Win (environment is rich for learning).
Pros
Growth Potential is prevelant
Cons
Aside from Manufacturing, Standards are lacking (high variability)
GE Experience
Director - Cyber Security (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAOctober 22, 2017
I have had a great experience at GE. They have allowed me to grow as a leader and provide very challenging problems to solve. The company is always open to change and internal disruption. Seldom found in large and mature companies.
Pros
great development
Cons
company not doing well
Enjoyable and challenging work environment
Corporate Tax Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 22, 2017
Typical day consisted of general corporate secretarial duties. Gained vast experience manually reviewing legal entities and noting gaps. Documenting and tracking corporate actions within LED - internal legacy legal entity management tool.
Pros
Flexible work enviorment, projects were planned out well in advance to allow for meanngful and collabartive contributions
Cons
Nothing specific
Very boring . did not have a challenge
Replacement Operator Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 21, 2017
For the most part they are productive , just don't enforce policy and have very poor management skills
8-10 hour shifts
learned most all jobs
culture was bad
boring no challenge
being on the team to make changes
Pros
It was a job
Cons
It was not a career
Na
Lead Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2017
Not a bad place to work for short term but many politics and top down management structure. Not much accountability for employees to complete projects or take on tasks.
It is a very competitive place to work
Operations Leader (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAOctober 20, 2017
Meeting with all the different managers of the different areas conducting the DMS. Daily Management System.
Meeting with union leaders and HR.
Meeting with General Manager to review shipments for the current month and the quarter.
Meeting with Finance Manager to review expenses status.
great projects, bad work culture
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYOctober 19, 2017
GE is a great place to work, however, for me it is too suit-culture, very formal. It was not a good fit for me.
The location is also boring but it is cheap to stay and save money
Non-productive
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALOctober 19, 2017
You report to your shift sometimes a hour early, youre told to wait, you wait several hours to get sent home. Then go back again and again to do the same thing
Pros
Cons
Its hot and there are not two people in the same department that can tell you the same thing
Very flexible work environemnt
Release Boss / Development Operations Architect (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2017
Great company, going through a transition, but worth the short term angst. Leadership in flux, but day to day ops continues. Lower leverl managers have a great respect for their reports.
GE - good company overall
Sr Mgr- ERP Finance Implementation (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 19, 2017
GE has been a good company. It is going through very challenging times right now. Overall, I have gained a lot of knowledge working for the company, but, generally, it is a fairly stressful place to work. The hours can be long, and many weekends are worked.
Pros
A lot of responsibility; I've learned learn a lot
Cons
Poor Upper Management right now; company in challenging times
I got forced to leave by seting me up.. Not only me but some other people
Operations BA/ Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Michigan Ctr, MIOctober 18, 2017
I got forced to leave by setting me up.. Not only me but some other people.

My immediate manager always had some feelings that I'm a huge threat for his job security
GE provide excellent leadership opportunities
Senior Director, Data & Analytics (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 17, 2017
GE is a tough situation due its more management of cash flow as widely reported. Overall, GE was an ethical company to work for and provided excellent opportunities for leadership.
Pros
Permissive Time Off, Training
Cons
healhcare, executive management
Facility Electrician
MASTER ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAOctober 17, 2017
Working for General Electric wire and cable division was enjoyable and rewarding in many ways. Worked many hours with the electrical engineer and learned about mant different ways to control all different styles of electric motors and balancing systems.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
hot envioment at times
Amazing employment with amazing opportunities.
Team Associate Assembly (Former Employee) –  East Flat Rock, NCOctober 17, 2017
With the amount of perks you are given, and the amazing people you get to work with. General Electric is a good place to work and try to make a living off of. However one of the few set backs is that in order to get a different position it goes by seniority rather than by experience. Excellent place for part employment. You will definitely get a lot of time to spend with your family on a good fiscal year.

Amazing team leaders, and a good starting place to work.
Pros
perks, insurance, off time, pay scale is uneven but decent pay still.
Cons
No room for advancement.
Great place to learn and grow
Lead Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 17, 2017
GE was competitive, rewarding, challenging with great opportunities for growth and development. Everyday an employee can expect to see and learn something new and be a part of a great team providing state of the arts solutions to a wide range of customers.

The management structure at GE is supportive with institutionalized review system to evaluate, motivate, train and develop employees. GE has an inclusive culture and compensation is comparative with other companies in the industry.

In my day to day activities, I worked with highly skilled engineers to develop products or solutions that keep our customers wat ahead of their competitors. I deal with the manufacturing side of the business, the supply management, the process improvement operations, contracts and the program offices.

I learned to work collaboratively, drive and seek for excellence every day since failures in our products will be measured in lives lost. I learned to work with the suppliers to meet our very high standard of quality demanded by our product performance requirements, our customers’ expectations and trust in the GE brand as well as assist the suppliers to improve hers processes in order to be successful and profitable.

The hardest part of the Job was managing the schedule and budget since these two things were real drivers on product delivery, cost management, profitability, new business captures and employee satisfaction. The fun part was delivering the products on time and on budget.
Pros
great firm to work
Terrible
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 17, 2017
No job security. Lay off at any given moment Anti-union, they will take anything and everything away from the workers until it fits their need. They turn workers against others to promote turmoil.
Typical day
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXOctober 16, 2017
GE is just like any other large company. They are very organized and good with online training. It does have the corporate mindset so you do feel small in the company.
A very good place to work
IT (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 16, 2017
Layoffs and uncertainty lie ahead but it is still a good place to work. The company allows a smart casual dress policy and unlimited, or permissive, leave. Pay can vary greatly between people and positions.
Frustrating
Senior Sourcing Manager (Current Employee) –  evendale, ohOctober 16, 2017
Very Frustrating company to work for. You are told early on that your ability to be promoted is 90% who you know, 10% job performance. Not motivating.
Pros
flexible work arrangements
Cons
Too many people who don't carry their own weight
Network
Commercial Proposal Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2017
GE is a great place to work with plenty of training provided as well as opportunity for advancement. You are encouraged to network and this is your best way of climbing the ladder.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Networking as means of advancement versus merit

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.