GE Corporate

GE Corporate Employer Reviews

great job security
Customer Service Representative/ Mail Extract (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: short, breaks
worked there two years great benefits/pay. Also good job security
not a great place to start a career
Field Engineering (Former Employee), Concord, CAApril 16, 2014
Pros: bad people, no real work, waste my time
Cons: money was ok
this company is ok, but it not a place i would recomand people to start a career
Great employees, good atmosphere
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee), Erie, PAApril 15, 2014
Pros: atmosphere, constantly learning, salary
Cons: management and communication
A typical day at GE first consisted of finding out my assignment for the night and gathering any necessary tools to get the job done. Second, I would check over my work area and set my machine. After that I would weld everything the job called for. Fitting up small parts and reading the blueprint were the next step. Double check all of my welds, measurements, – more... part locations, and all work. At that point I would call for an inspector to inspect that sequence of the job. Lastly,I would clean up and set up for the next assignment.

While at GE I was able to learn about the welding sequence of a train. I took many safety courses that taught me several things including hand signals for a crane operator, proper disposal of chemicals, using machining and tooling correctly, and the overall importance of safety.

Management at GE was not easy to deal with due to lack of communication.

My co-workers were mostly great guys who would work hard. They would help anytime help was needed. If I had a question I felt comfortable asking anyone. My co-workers made me a better team player.

The hardest part of the job was fitting into small spaces and the intense heat.

What I enjoyed most was the overall trade of welding while at GE. – less
GENEROUS ELECTRIC
Manager of Order Processing (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great folks
Cons: hard to get back into the hiring "fold".
Loved working hear, taking orders for customers, routing the orders, moving shipments along. Great people, Great Job, Great Salary and benefits.

Want to go back, someday.

Hardest part of job, leaving to start a family

Most enjoyable part of job, payday and friends.
I enjoyed working with management and co=workers
Grinder Helper (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 13, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working with others and being part of a team.
come to wrok early working together and safety meeting it was a good job management ok
Fast paced work environment
Access Control Officer (Current Employee), Erie, PAApril 11, 2014
• Provide perimeter security around the facility.
• Ensure the safety of all employees by strictly enforcing traffic and parking policies.
• Maintain direct supervision of all employees entering and exiting the facility.
• Conduct vehicle inspections to prevent contraband from entering or exiting the facility.
Bad
Consultant (Former Employee), NYApril 9, 2014
Pros: good office nice location. some teams are good
Cons: some teams are bad. mine is one of those
Co-coordinator, Project management, Resource management
Postive and effective trainer
IDX Training & Systems Support Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 8, 2014
Pros: flexibility and family/home life focused.
Cons: downsizing within the organization.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working closely with the ambulatory locations to assist with the daily training and education, which includes the front end users, clinical and staff physician team.
GUN PLACE TOO WORK A GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE
High-lift Operator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 7, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: business closed
REALLY ENJOYED WORKING FOR GENERAL ELECTRIC GREAT PAY AND PEOPLE WITH ABUNDANT OVERTIME
Good Company
Field Engineer (Former Employee), Madrid,spainApril 5, 2014
Pros: full expenses
Cons: alot of travel
Spearheaded multiple assignments in countries, ranging from Dubai, UAE, to Russia and the rest of Europe. Oversaw maintenance and new installations on steam turbines and generators for customers such as Iberdrola, Repsol, E.ON, EDP, and EDF. Provided leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites and assistance – more... to customers in operation, maintenance, repair, logistics support and installation of GE products. Performed on-site installation of systems and equipment, and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation. Supplied on-site interpretation of data and technical instruction. – less
Intern
Federal Tax Intern (Current Employee), Albany, NYApril 3, 2014
This was a great internship. There was a lot of responsibility and the tasks assigned were relevant to the process of filing the federal corporate return.
Great money, poor culture
IT RISK INTERN (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 2, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: technical jobs managed by people with no technical experience
I never once felt like I fit in at GE. The culture seems to be against learning and only can see the world through GE colored glasses. Sometimes the GE way isn't the best solution to a problem.
Good Culture
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2014
GE invests in their people and I've been able to hone my leadership style through top notch training and on job experience.
Working environment
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee), Bedford, TXMarch 29, 2014
Had fun working here. I learned a lot of things over here. Good management. Enjoying working here.
Good company to work for
PARTS FULFILLMENT MANAGER (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 28, 2014
Fast pace environment, requiring strong mulit tasking skills to deal with competing priorities on a daily basis.
Great Work Area
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Fairfield, CTMarch 28, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: work load
Enjoyable work day and atmosphere to work well in ! Innovative company full of creative people. World class human resources organization. HR strategy in lockstep with business strategy.
Productive and safe. Real EHS standards.
Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Matamoros, MexicoMarch 26, 2014
Excellent workplace to obtain engineering experience. I learned about Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing. Safe work environment.
Productive and nice place to work
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2014
Requirement analysis
Coding with technologies Net 4.0, C#, Web Services, WCF, MVC 4.0, JavaScript, JQuery, KnockOutJS, Oracle10g, SQL Server 2008
Database design and development and implementation of DAL (data access layer)
Unit testing, white box testing and code review
SDLC documentation includes design, change request, release, user manual, unit – more... test case
Post production deployment support for the lived projects.
Project execution on agile scrum methodology with Rally software.
Tools used like TIBCO Spotfire, Proficy, SVN – less
a goog place to stay for a long time
Intern (Former Employee), 上海市March 22, 2014
the working environment are very good in GE, but there are lots of restriction while I was working in there
Solid Company the Provides Daily Challenges
Customer Account Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INMarch 21, 2014
Pros: ge is everywhere
Cons: ge is so big that it takes alot to be noticed
At GE you will be challenged everyday and allowed to work independently to meet those challenges. With all that GE is involved in and all the locations it is hard not to find a perfect fit.

1 2 3 4 5

About GE Corporate

At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across – Read more