GE Corporate

1.1K reviews

GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Overall a nice place to work
Mechanical Engineer II (Current Employee), Westborough MAAugust 30, 2015
Good work life balance. Good benefits.

Flexible hours.
Good co-workers

Still working on adapting industrial standards into Heathcare Life Sciences.
Challenging work with high expectations
Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 27, 2015
GE is renowned for the high quality of personnel that you work with day to day. This reputation is well-deserved. I've worked with best-in-class people, who work well as a team to elevate the work product of the entire organization.

This comes at a cost of long hours and high expectations. Great place to work, as long as you are willing to put in the effort and make solid contributions.
n/a
Data Integrity (Former Employee), Guaynabo, PRAugust 27, 2015
Good benefits...health care, holiday days, personal days...ect. I was lucky enough to have various learning opportunities.
career builder
Field Supervisor (Former Employee), VirginiaAugust 24, 2015
Pros: freedom
Cons: no tools
mobile company, great experience, training, developing existing employees, good benefits, flexable hours, concerned about employees.
Productive Water Filtration Plant
Quality Tester (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits and diversity in culture and age, plus working for a great name.
Cons: Short breaks, communication from management needs improvement, can easily be overlooked for advancement
GE is a good place to work at with various job opportunities within the company. Working in a water filtration plant is quite interesting; the process of creating filters is very important to our environment where it benefits every country and culture. It is a diverse community with respectable and friendly co-workers. The job positions at this company to perform are generally easy to understand. The company provides a work-safe environment. You learn why and how important filters are to our environment and health.
Challenging, dynamic environment
Corporate Audit Staff (Current Employee), Plainville, CTAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Helpful teams, friendly people, plentiful resources
Cons: Bureaucratic, slow
Great training ground for starting your career especially helpful in developing management and leadership skills.Work on meaningful projects that can be leveraged across company. Lacking in work/life balance.
not so inavative
GREP Intern (Former Employee), Erie PAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: good food courts, nice people
Cons: not ideal long term
GE Transportation tend to use legacy code and not keep their older project up to date. the work place environment feels like slow and old. I seen not one but two managers walk out from under the interns.
However, there are those that do like it there, they are friendly and do good work with openness to new ideas for development.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Decatur, ALAugust 13, 2015
A typical day at work when I was here as my job was assisting the HR director, filing paperwork, computer work, and posting jobs at different locations in the plant. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet different people.
productive and fun place to work
Secretary of Maintenance (Former Employee), New York NYAugust 13, 2015
Pros: fun workplace
Cons: no benefits
typical day at work was easy and fun . management was very understanding of employee needs , got along very well with everyone at work
Growth Centered Efficient Culture
Parts Sourcing Buyer (Current Employee), N/AAugust 12, 2015
Great place to gain a multitude of experience. Knowledgeable, process improvement driven environment...honored to have the opportunity of growing with such great minds.
Great development training and challenging assignment
ECLP Associate (Former Employee), Houston TexasAugust 11, 2015
GE recruits smart individuals and promotes a competitive environment that drives growth and productivity. I had great visibility in the firm and met and conversed with senior leaders in my business unit on a daily basis.
Tool and die
Tool and Die Maker (Former Employee), PRAugust 6, 2015
• Tool and Die Maker: Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts and molds.
• Maintenance Technician
Superb employer
Machinist 1 (Current Employee), Grove City, PAAugust 4, 2015
Great company for which to have spent my career. Have provided me a great living and benefits helped place three children through college.
Great place
Bilingual Client Service Specialist (Former Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Great hours, great pay
Cons: working weekends
Best job of my career.
Never had worked in customer service and they were willing to teach me. The management was great they educated me on how to be professional when dealing with customers.
Productive,Flexible
IT intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Work with others
Cons: Temporary
I was working at General Electric as an intern while still being a senior in High School. I enjoy working as an IT intern it helped me learn and experienced the corporative environment.
Currently accepting early retirement pkg
Lead Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Prior to recent changes the assignments were always a challenge.
Cons: GE changing and placing more engr'g assignments OVERSEAS
My involvement with GE entailed very "fast track projects " assuring that budgets / schedules were met . From time to time I have traveled and met with clients at DRM or site mtgs with Client/ client engr and GE own T/A's and site mngmt . My exp w/GE entailed 17 yrs of LARGE thermal projects ( ie Frame 7EA's ,7FA's and 9FA's) , Recently been involved in AERO -Derivative units ( TM 2500, LM 6000 and LMs 100 units ) ALL international assignments where I traveled and worked with personnel. From time to time addt'l assignments came up like Lead EE on the TS ( test stand ) # 7 assigment in Greenville, This assignment entailed getting the project and contractors " electrical" back on track to get the NEW GE prototype frame 7F's in the TS for client exhibition and future sales . Involved in Construction and Test startup and mtgs with GE high level mgmt
always worked over the designated hours listed.
Line operator (Former Employee), Decatur, ALJuly 22, 2015
Pros: no pro's
Cons: short breaks, even as a temp you're not guaranteed to keep a job
makes employess pay for gloves that are needed for work, you get two free pairs at first, but then you have to pay 10 dollars for every pair after that. hot environment, little to no air conditioning
excellent company
Machinist (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJuly 22, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits package
Cons: had to work an off shift
great job and excellent benefits and pay great people to work with and management is also excellent advancement in company is very good
General Electric
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Morristown, TNJuly 21, 2015
Pros: 8 hours, one shift
Cons: I felt replaceable
I have always enjoyed being in a position that kept me on my toes and this was one of those positions. I learned a lot about load centers! Got along with most of my co-workers. Sometimes I was looked down on because I was a temporary employee. The hardest part of this position was probably packing. I am rather small, but after I figured out how to do it, the job became a lot easier. I enjoyed being able to do all the positions on the line. Being able to switch positions every hour let me learn more.
Productive and Very Active Work Environment
Line Supervisor (Former Employee), Decatur, ALJuly 21, 2015
A day at GE Corporate was never boring. It was filled with constant hard work until the time of break and the workers all worked with the same consistency in order to keep the line moving at a desirable speed to fulfill the number of refrigerators assembled by the end of the day. It was tiresome, but it was a great lesson on valuable hard work.
Headquarters