GE Corporate

GE Corporate Employer Reviews

Productive and nice place to work. Great people.
Gas Turbines (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches and dinners with holidays.
Cons: short breaks.
A typical day in the workplace at GE will consist of clocking in; then preparing your work area for the day. Greeting your fellow coworkers was fun because you all were doing the same thing and could learn from each other. The jobs aren't hard at all. You progress as time goes by. The management was always there to help and provide you with any information you may need. I learned how to use an angle grinder and the different sizes of reamers and how to use them. I also learned how to drive a forklift and use a pencil blaster. Great company. I would love to work there again.
Ge provides lots of benefits to its employees.
Lead/Senior Engineer (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCFebruary 27, 2015
Ge provides lots of benefits to its employees and often arranges lunch for them. Until recently it used to provide pension to its employees. It is a proud name.
excellent working condition
As a electrical/electronic engineer (Current Employee), California, PAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short break
working environment are good,learning and comparative colleges,excellent management to good communication between the staff.
Varied and challenging work
Designer (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 24, 2015
Cons: ge closed the ft. wayne facility
Good team environment. Varied duties during the work day.
Stress is high at times but ok. Translating customer requirements into products was exciting and satisfying.
Life at GE
Finance Intern (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2015
General Electric has a welcoming environment. Everyday I am learning of a new software and how GE operates in the business world. My colleagues are great individuals to be around, everybody in the work place are always so helpful. The hardest part of the job would be to catch up and quickly learn tasks and functional skills I have yet to learn in school. The most enjoyable part of the job was networking, everyday it seemed as though I met somebody new, or became more familiar with the people in the work area.
Great experience, interesting, fast-paced
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Remote EmploymentFebruary 22, 2015
Interesting and demanding I learned about all critical areas in the Human Resources function. Covered actions supporting multiple P&L's and geographic regions. Great co-workers, opportunities to train, learn, personal and professional growth.
Great people
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee), Decatur, ALFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: short breaks, healthcare
The people you meet there are wonderful people and hard workers. There is nothing like GE. Its just a great work environment to be in. The bosses are great and very understanding as well as constructive.
General Electric is Great Company
Manufacture Engineering Planning Manager (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: full support in sucessful businesses
Cons: 1 and 2 have a role, the others must seek alternatives
General Electric Company is a Manufacturing Company with World Wide perspectives on many industrial businesses, acquired and built over time with Corporate strategies that looked at the business fundamentals of Cost and Expenses, Cash Flow and Revenue Generation. The management structure is deep where necessary and flat when appropriate. Their management training is superb in creating the best teams of people who can consult, advise , do, execute and fine tune the situation to serve the business and its customers.

My work days as Manager were communicaton by meetings, phone calls, and work sessions. I learned that there are many ways to accomplish a task and choosing the one most used is the default but some times a new approach is needed. Stay the course with the business fundamentals and be honest and fair in your work relationships, asking people to do those things that you would expect yourself to do.
Typical day
Buyer/Purchasing (Current Employee), Pineville, LAFebruary 19, 2015
We start the day by placing orders on they SAP buy screen.
Once the daily orders are placed we usually start answering emails.
We manufacture Custom Valves with long lead times. We are in constant communication with our supplies and the schedulers to concordant delivery dates. The purchasing department work as a team to accomplish this.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to accommodate the production schedule due to the long lead time based on the material requires.
Repetition of work on an assembly line making toaster oven
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: casual attire, good pay and benefits
Cons: laid off
. Assembled over 30,000 toaster ovens monthly
∙ Performed with machinery
∙ Precisions installed for temperature control

. Learned how to assemble toaster oven
. Management and co workers were easy to get along with
. The most difficult task would be the use of welding parts
. The most enjoyable part was chatting while on the job
Quality Engineer (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Good place to work and had great experience working there.
Great working environment and real agile teams.
Teams members are really co-operative.
It was not the idea working environment.
Electrician/Service Technician (Former Employee), St. Peters, MO.February 18, 2015
Pros: work hours
Cons: health care
Limited space to perform work. Limited advancement opportunities. Decent wages. It was a decent place to work. I worked from 7 am to 3:30 pm.
Great team
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Mexico CityFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great experience, nice activities
Very interesting and pretty demanding job for being an intern I had big responsabilities, taking important desitions. I used to decide the supplier that were going to work with us. Design stants for Medical devices expositions, sales reports.
Overall, working at GE is challenging and team oriented.
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: if ambitious enough, a person could advance in most areas of the business.
Cons: require too many hours to be worked, not a good work/personal life balance.
There are no typical days at GE, everyday is different.
I've learned a lot from working there from procurement, overseeing equipment installation projects, spare parts, etc.
Most of the people you work with are great, however there are the select few that are not so favorable.
The hardest part of the job are the expected long hours and weekend work.
Good pay and benefits but too boringly slow pace.
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), CAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: boringly slow.
Almost no job pressure but also too boringly slow in this guided missile launch systems development.

Comfortable job progress.
GE
Engineering (Former Employee), Grove City, PAFebruary 11, 2015
Excellent pay and benefits. Very old and dirty facility. Solid product and good employees. If facility was updated it offers good potential.
Great Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Frisco, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Great company to work for if you value benefits. A lot of room for advancement and climbing the ladder. Many different locations to transfer to as well
Stay away
Collections Representative (Former Employee), North Canton, OHFebruary 8, 2015
Recently changed their name, Terrible management, vacation policy, sick time or personal day use. Unfair quota to make especially for collections and the management shows favoritism.
One of the best companies to work for.
Laboratory Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: great co-worker, opportunity to train, learn, personal and professional growth.
Cons: you put in a lot of hours but well worth the effort.
GE expects a lot from its personnel but gives great benefits in return. Additionally you have the opportunity to work and learn from some of the brightest and most skilled individuals in the industry.
Productive and great company to work for
Tool and die maker (Current Employee), PRFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: benefits
A typical day starts with die repairs. My co-workers are friendly and competent. The most enjoyable part of the job is to resolve problems.

1 2 3 4 5

About GE Corporate

At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across – Read more

GE Corporate Salaries