GE Corporate
1,007 reviews

GE Corporate Employee Reviews

like gong to the fitness center on site
sen buyer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 24, 2015
review mrp requirements for manufacting. Contact accts payable for related issues. Attend meetings with Q A personal for rejected material. Attend shortage meetings for material that is late for production.
Good company to begin your career.
Senior Financial Analyst- Financial Reporting (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 22, 2015
Pros: Great FMP program.
Cons: Pay scale isn't very good.
I got some really great work experience here. I think it's a great place to start your career, but a difficult company to stay at long term because they didn't pay well.
Good working environment
Quality Engineer Coop (Former Employee), PRMay 19, 2015
Great coop experience. Was treated as part of management and expected to perform as one. Very good management team to work with
Nice People
GE Capital Escalation Specialist Generalist (Former Employee), Atlatna, GaMay 19, 2015
No Room for growh... Atlanta, Ga near the airport,,,, Casual dress code. We would often have time off during down time and we would also celebrate accomplishments and award recognition,
Very productive
Sales (Former Employee), Carolina, PRMay 15, 2015
Pros: Everything was good
Cons: Non
It's a great company, the leaders and other co-workers have been very good. Working with them has been a tremendous experience. They are very professional and I have grown a lot with them.
Great
Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Grove City,PAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Great Company
Cons: too much travel
Great Company to work for. Great management and good working culture.GE allowed me to multitask and manage multiple assignments, always meeting deadlines. My ability to focus and efficiently manage my time enabled me to work independently without distraction and at an even pace. Now that I am not dedicated to a full-time position, I plan to devote myself to one project at a time, allowing me to be flexible and available to my clients.
Transportation Division
Material Specialist (Former Employee), Barstow, CAMay 13, 2015
Poor management makes this place something to avoid. I worked at the division for 10 years and for GE for 30. Lack of material is normal. Customers employees are mostly good with a few exceptions.
Excellent leadership and executive management culture that trains the best resources to be future leaders in business. The best Talent factory in the
Integrations & Simplification Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 12, 2015
Pros: Leadership and Talent factory, Grooms executives for big roles in Industry, One of the best places to learn and develop wide ranging skills
Cons: Financial Services arm shrinking
The only original corporation in existence since the inception of the DJIA (Dow Jones Industrial Index).
The best talent factory that grooms talent from middle management, to be leaders and CEO's in Business.
Excellent process mindset with a keen focus on execution using LEAN, Six Sigma, Simplification and Fast Works methodologies. The organization is rooted in ethics and integrity and that is the reason which it is still in existence over the past 120+ years. A Industrial giant that provides solutions for the worlds toughest problems ranging from Healthcare, Power & Water, Aviation and Transportation, with interests in Financial Services.
A great place to work.
Excessive work loads,excessive expectations, poor training, poor support, and poor work/life balance
Facility Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 12, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: poor work/life balance, poor job security and advancement, dictatorial management style
GE operates a very lean business with extremely lean core staffing that requires its professionals to work 50-60 hour weeks. It provides little job security, and a poor work-life balance. It does not provide admin assistance or project management even for large projects which adds additional responsibilities and work loads to its managers.
productive and challenging every day
Assembly line worker, Back up team leader (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 11, 2015
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: weather in the plant
Working here i learned how to learn new job skills daily and doing so adequately enough to keep the line moving. You have to have people skills in order to get the parts you need in enough time. The management was not a daily part of the job.
Great place to get your experience.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Minden, NVMay 11, 2015
Pros: Good benefits.
Cons: Nepotism. Management in lower supervisor positions
Great learning environment. Lots to learn with People that don't want to share in fear of losing there job. you will get a chance to learn Teststand,Agilent and Tyradyne bed of nail test platforms. Management varies but most of the lower supervisors are stuck where they are. So in tun they make sure you stay stuck where you are. they have promotion Criteria spelled out in black and white, but if you not related to someone Getting promotions can be tough.
very clean updated plant, good benefits, paid lunches.
Operator C (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYMay 10, 2015
Pros: paid lunches, union shop, good benefits.
Cons: short breaks, management was not very informative about how business was doing.
General Electric is a very good company to work for, good benefits, paid vacation and personal/sick time. learning new skills and working with interesting people was my favorite part of the job.
Fun enviornment
Csr (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMay 8, 2015
A typical day at work would be answering and service average of 75 calls per day.
I learned hot the credit process works.
My co-workers were pretty relaxed.
The hardest part of the job was not getting too excited when I help someone.
Helping those in need.
productive
Sr. OBIEE Developer (Former Employee), CTMay 7, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
Operations Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), King George, VAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Overall great place to work
Cons: No cons to mention
Great place to work with a great salary. This company gives you great opportunities to move up in the company and receive various training. The staff is like family and works as a team. There are only great things to say about my experience there.
Contract Position / Supplier Quality Engineer
Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Schertz, TXMay 6, 2015
Pros: Hotels and gyms
Cons: driving for long periods and eating out at fast foods
I work as a contractor. GE is a very good company that I would like to become a direct employee. I work as an Supplier Quality Engineer and love it. Management has good quality people that work together to strive for excellence. My co workers are great and easy to get along with. Sometimes the work get over bearing but we push on trying to get things done as we have a long way to go in the LNG industry. I get out to the Supplier and enjoy meeting people and seeing different places.
GE Corp
Information Security Event Analyst (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAMay 6, 2015
Great company with reasonable management and ample opportunity to advance. Unbalanced mix of the socially capable and the typical antisocial "IT" personnel can cause huge headaches when trying to improve processes.
Great learning experience and a great opertunity
Technical Advisor (Current Employee), Barstow, CAMay 5, 2015
I work at a busy hub, so everyday is is an interesting day. It can be stressful at times due to the volume in which we do business, but overall its been a great opertunity and I have seen and learned a lot.
terrible
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Mebane, NCMay 5, 2015
My experience at GE want good.. Typical work day depended on who showed up for or how well the system was running. management needs improvement.
Great place to jumpstart your carrer
Planner/Buyer (Current Employee), PRMay 4, 2015
It is a great place to start your carrer. You will face many challenges every day but at the end is rewarding to see the effort being paid off.

1 2 3 4 5

About GE Corporate

At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across – Read more

GE Corporate Salaries