GE Corporate

GE Corporate Employer Reviews

great place to work for
Machine Operator/Inspector (Former Employee), Springfield, MODecember 20, 2014
Pros: pizza on saturdays you work overtime
Cons: a lot overtime at the beginning
Learned a lot of different machines. Great bosses to work with. Coworkers made you feel like family
GE is a good company to learn and grow
Finance Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta/ChinaDecember 18, 2014
GE is a great company for entry level employees. It has good environment of coaching and inclusiveness. But you have to work hard to learn and grow.GE always asks employees to move out of comfort zone and raise challenging.
Challenging Work environment
Global Supply Chain Leader (Former Employee), East Cleveland, OHDecember 16, 2014
Great places to work for a challenging work environment. You can only grow stronger as a leader working here. 1st shift work day with travel several times per year. Co-workers were very close knit group.
I have a good retirement because of GE
Assembler 1 (Former Employee), Bloomington, INDecember 13, 2014
Pros: i don't want to sound like a broleen record, but, the pros would be my retirement, insurance, and the good friends that i still have that i met there.
Cons: the only con i can think about was how hot it was in the summer.
I worked on the line. Would do the relief operators job when he was gone. And on overtime. That involved doing the repair that was taken off the line and give bathroom breaks. Sometimes the coordinator job. I went to GE at 17 years old, right after I graduated. I learned that you have to make it fun, and do your job, to survive in a factory. And that's – more... what I did for 38 1/2 years. Management at GE was good in the beginning, We had good formen that took care of their people. After about 20 years things changed and they started hiring military. It was different then. My friends from there are like my family and we still get together. A lot of good people worked at GE. For me, the hardest part of the job was getting up at 3:30 in the morning. And going to bed every night at 9:00. For the most part I can honestly say that I liked working at GE. I have a good retirement and insurance because of them. – less
Excellent Company for work for...
Lead Go-Live Support Consultant (Contractor) (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 12, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: no many
Self introductions to staff, one on one interaction with providers and staff, review of workflows, review of supported tools. Dealing with providers and staff with resistance to change. Successfully dealing with diffcult providers and calming fears. Providing support to staff on a scale from 2-20 providers, NP, nurses and MA.
Good Company.
Finance Intern (Current Employee), Fort Myers FLDecember 11, 2014
Plenty of work to do, opportunity to advance are you are able to relocate as needed. Fair compensation. Good Benefits.
Temp Position
Material Handler (Former Employee), Warrensburg, MoDecember 11, 2014
It was a warehouse job, temp hire thought I could get foot in door. It was a very good place to work everyone had training, safety classes and updates. I did not mind it there at all but a new GM came in and eliminated the temp hires. I still check for job listings at the site for any opening and apply whenever I can.
Satelite Division of GE Power and Water
Lead Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Norfolk, VADecember 9, 2014
Pros: qa team
Cons: managment
Management of this particular site was terrible. Long work hours, required to come to office on the weekends, ran like a mom and pop sweat shop.
Maximum Success, Family Environment
Manufacturing Associate level 4 (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 6, 2014
Pros: gym and discounts on ge products. oh, and renting brand new bike for free!!! & tents.
Cons: ................................. older senior associates. some managers more like 2 out of 25.
GE, Bentley will spare no expense to make sure you are as safe and have every tool you need to do your job to maximum efficiency.

If you are willing to put in the work, you can become whatever you want to be with GE.

Management is fair, experienced, and some of the hardest workers in the facility.

Great incentives!

They even have a 5 star gym with – more... trainers on site.

The site rents out Boats, Bikes Tents, Rock climbing gear, and many others to take advantage of the NV outdoors. It is all Free. – less
Foreign Trade Zone Administrator (Current Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 3, 2014
Easy to work for and does not micro manage. Co workers come in and do their jobs without any issues. Management is refreshing as they do not breathe down you back as long as your job is completed.
Great people and great product
Engineering (Current Employee), Lynn, MADecember 2, 2014
Pros: exciting product line, technically challenging, strong team, good people, young workforce
Cons: cost of living, healthcare, benefits
Overall it is a great time to be working in Lynn right now, great people and exciting products. Technically challenging and rewarding. The compensation could be a bit better due to the cost of living in the area.
Great place to work with awesome benefits and management
Production Technician (Current Employee), Logan UtahDecember 2, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation, management, co-workers, procedures
Cons: a little bit of politics, poor feedback analysis, some departments have limited movement
I was never not satisfied with the workplace and the environment at GE Healthcare. The management actually cares about the movement and career goals of their employees. The procedures and processes are flawless and I enjoy working there and come to work every day with a smile
Just ok
Advisor (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 2, 2014
ok place to work. Can improve with diversity and objective advancement opportunities. Good brand image and looks good on your resume.
Normal office politics and favortism. No work life balance nor bonus,
Learned valuable electrical skills
Appliance Installer (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLNovember 30, 2014
Pros: company gatherings
Cons: sometimes payed on commision basis
Great overall advancement, Learned to dismantle and install Kitchen Appliances. Managers kept assignments up on a yearly basis. Worked as a team, Sometimes had 50 to 80 installment a day ,There was always overtime available.
Great company to work for
Transportation Technician (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVNovember 27, 2014
Pros: good hours, insurance, weekly pay, professional workers
Cons: better communication between management and shop employees
File out a safety booklet , inspect equipment for safety, read work
order and do the type of repairs indicated.
I learned things of locomotives that I never knew, safety first,
How to operate new equipment, team work, good work moral,
respect to all employees, good attendance. accomplish all
work in the allotted time, new work ideas that benefit the – more... workers
and the company.
I believe that management should have gotten more involved
with the workers to better understand just what each job entails
prior to making decisions of how to get the job done faster.
All shop workers were very skilled at their work. great comaraderie
and teamwork.
Hardest part of the job is that sometimes we would run out of vital
parts in order to finish the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me were the people and the
willingness to help each other out in order to get the job done. – less
Great place to work, work at your pace.
Fluid Control Analyst (Current Employee), Duluth, GANovember 27, 2014
Pros: lot of flexiablity
Cons: shutting down
Tour the plant looking for problems. Check with supervisor for any work orders if no orders start PM program. PM program consist of checking fluids in all machines.
Multinational company
Executive Assistant to the CEO (Former Employee), Manila, P00November 26, 2014
It was my first corporate job from college. On a daily basis, I handled the calendar, booked trips, assisted in conference calls, etc. It was a good learning experience straight from college as it was a very corporate environment.
very poor culture ,poor salary, no competence
MECHANICAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Schertz, TXNovember 21, 2014
Pros: you dont have to do much
Cons: the whole organizationj
Management is the worst I have seen in my 30 years of experience
Pay decent, no holidays/weekends
ASSEMBLY PRODUCTION (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 16, 2014
As far as factories go, this was a pretty decent one to work for. Plenty of notice for mandatory overtime. Union
packaging machine was great
Machinist (Former Employee), Niles, OHNovember 15, 2014
Pros: fast pace, attention to detail
Cons: swing shitf
high speed inspection of glass plates while running a packer.

1 2 3 4 5

About GE Corporate

At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across – Read more