GE Corporate

GE Corporate Employer Reviews

Great Team leader
Assembler/Component Technician (Current Employee), GreenvilleOctober 18, 2014
Always willing to listen and move forward. Longs days but well worth it in the end. every day is a new day
Management Growth Position
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee), Charleston, SCOctober 15, 2014
GE's reputation for producing the most business leaders of any company does not fall short here. Managed multi-million dollar sales territories as the senior professional band employee for GE's appliance business, and received on-going training throughout my over 7 years with the Company, including Six Sigma GB Certification.
Good work environment with a trend towards flexibility and simplfiication
Global ECLP Program Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flexible work arrangement
Cons: internal politics
A good company with progressive opportunities for career advancement.
interim job
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), MinnetonkaOctober 14, 2014
A job out of necessity rather than preference. Typical workplace environment involving the building of filtration systems.
first job out of college.
Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2014
Great training program for entry level positions. Sales training.
Customer service based learnign experience
Factory Service Specialist (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 13, 2014
Seasonal employee, looked forward to advancing career within the company
Excellent benefits
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee), Bloomington, INOctober 12, 2014
GE offered great benefits but job security is virtually non-existent.
Great Company
Co-op/Internship (Current Employee), Mattoon, ILOctober 10, 2014
• Created, maintained, and updated, manufacturing control documents including manufacturing control procedures, manufacturing process instructions, and work forms
• Participated in Lean Manufacturing Kaizan events on a regular basis
• Coordinated return of rejected material in order to facilitate correction of defective product
• Coordinated the calibration – more... process to the ISO/TS standard which is audited on a yearly basis – less
Some of the down side
Product Manager (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYOctober 6, 2014
The hardest thing to deal with is the bureaucratic nature of such a large company that is driven to meet quarterly goals for shareholders.
Great Job
Stockroom Attendant (Current Employee), Bucyrus, OHOctober 6, 2014
Pros: benefits were good
Cons: worked with unhappy people
GE is a great place to work. The management was personable and benefits were 2nd to none. I would recommend them to anyone seeking long term employment.

The best part of this employer is the possibility for advancement.

In 38 years of employment I was never laid off for extended length of time.

The pay was good and vacation & sick time off was good.
Smart people committed to mission
Business Analyst (Contractor to Employee) (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: smart people, large projects, good benefits
Generally good energy. Center is entirely focussed on software. Customers are all GE businesses - aviation, energy management, oil and gas, power and water. Center is new and still in start up mode, growing quickly. Good benefits and tries to support employees' growth and opportunities.
Productive work enviroment
Circuit Breaker Assembler (Former Employee), Arecibo, PROctober 4, 2014
A typical day in GE would include a very hands on shift. My time there taught me how to maintain a steady work flow, I learned how to maintain product efficiency and quality. The employees work in a friendly environment and one of support. One of the hardest things was to maintain a steady pace and flow of the product while carefully seeking any issues – more... in its quality, and although it was a bit difficult this was not impossible to achieve. The most satisfying part of the job was meeting the daily rate while maintaining our products quality in an enjoyable workspace. – less
Service Manager (Former Employee), Fontana, CAOctober 4, 2014
Pros: positive
GE is speaking the language of industry and bringing together industrial engineering with sensors, software, and big data analytics to create brilliant machines. Drawing on 135 years of experience, GE has few equals in its ability to take industrial big data from airplanes, power plants and medical imaging to transform industries and benefit people – more... and the planet. – less
Rigorous Scheduling
Power Quality Engineering Director (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 3, 2014
Pros: travel, quality assurance, multifaceted experience
Cons: racism, rigorous schedule, and disorganization from executive management
The typical General Electric day proceeds with the task orientation of checking emails from customers, technicians and executives. After emails are adhered to, then customers requests are then arranged. Communication between myself and technicians commences, schedules are reviewed with technicians, then they are dispatched according to locale, demographics, – more... skill and customer request.

I ascertained a level of management skills as well as engineering skills. To exert a skill which has been allocated from years prior, then to see it manifest itself in a positive vector, is indeed an extraordinary venture. I also acquired the ability to decipher which assignments were pertinent and which assignments weren't as pending. Depending on the coding in the machinery, the computer feedback, and the customer's internet reports, I was able to positively assess the situation.

Executive Management is an extremely omnipresent department within the realms of G.E. The rarity of this department provides an ambivalent effect on the personnel within the organizational level.

Many of the co-workers possessed phenomenal skills when it pertained to electricity, but rather their social skills were much to be desired. Counseling happened often between myself and co-workers due to the rigor and stress of the job.

The most difficult part of the job was the constant traveling as well as the blatant racism coming from both executive management as well as the technicians themselves. I've been called several racial slurs directly and indirectly.

The most enjoyable part of the job would happen to be the traveling. As a director, the company makes it their best interest to reconcile with the notion of their directors being stationary. However, there are certain situations where the director is needed on sight, and on those occasions did i truly enjoy myself. I had the opportunity to visit over 46 states and 10 countries. – less
HR and Development Spec - Org. Effectiveness (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2014
Strong learning culture to help employees develop their skill set.
Everyday is a new learning experience
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYOctober 1, 2014
Challenging cross-function and dynamic work environment.
i really enjoyed working for this great company, and would love to work for them again
Facility Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: great benifits
A great company with ever increasing products. environmentally green.
Fun Place to work
Warehouse/Production/Team Lead (Current Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 29, 2014
Lets just say I have done warehouse work long enough.Fun Faced paced work but like all warehouse work it breaks your body down
GE sold RCA Global Communications to MCI
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Did not work long at this company. They sold our division rather quickly.
This was a very high technical, organized workplace.
CNC machinist/ Grinder (Former Employee), Warrensville, OHSeptember 25, 2014
A typical workday was at the most two set up jobs, (prog. set up, operate) to production runs and inspections. No management on my sift, but great team players.

1 2 3 4 5

About GE Corporate

At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across – Read more