GE Corporate Employee Reviews in United States

Best place I ever worked
Consulting Associate - Corporate Marketing (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTApril 28, 2016
The most talented, well balanced group of individuals I have ever worked with in business. Many of my team are now CEOs of top 50 companies in the US, including GE.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Lower end of payscale
Growth
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 26, 2016
Great potential for growth and it is large enough to change roles within the company. Plenty of opportunity to learn and improve.
Ge
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 25, 2016
Many resources at your disposal, varied work hours, high output is rewarded. Prepare to work holidays, weekends and vacation.
Senior Project Manager - IT Risk and Compliance (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, MIApril 25, 2016
My time with GE has been one of rewarding growth and fast paced learning. I'd recommend them as an employer of choice.

A global company that requires you to be a self-starter as well as be self-managed. If you require daily/weekly advice on how your doing this isn't the place for you. GE expects to to take the assignment and run with it.
Pros
Was able to work remote
Cons
some business units unstable
Excellent company with talented people
Manager of Manufacturing Engineering (Former Employee) –  Boston, Ma.April 22, 2016
Exciting opportunity to lend my technical expertise and management skills in a field I had no previous experience in. Lead a labor force of about 110 in total rehabilitation of MBTA transit cars.
Productive workplace
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 21, 2016
GE workflow never stops even when production is minimized due to lack of containers being brought to the warehouse, however, work experience with GE personnel proves to be educational and challenging which is a very good thing.
Pros
System and physical inventory are always on the move.
Cons
Discrepancy in the inventory is imminent.
review
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 21, 2016
only a pretend start up
all the downsides of big company and all downsides of small company
cloud is not the image they are selling
Great people to work with
General Laberor (Former Employee) –  Skaneltles, nyApril 20, 2016
The postion only lasted a month due to business. However it was a very interesting postion. I worked with microscopes and and soldering irons. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Learned a lot of new things.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 19, 2016
Hard place to work, don't know if you will have a job one week to the next. Other than that very interesting to see all the components come together to make a locomotive.
Ever changing
Technician (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 18, 2016
Good place to work. Decent benefits.Many new people,no experience. Poor communication between management and the hourly workers(ongoing).
Pros
paid to eat lunch
Cons
pay changed, medical

Want to know more about GE Corporate?

Ask a question
Great company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 18, 2016
Loved working at GE - always going through a re-org but a great place to work
Local office in Alpharetta had great people and always willing to be of assistance
Pros
great work environment
Cons
commute to Alpharetta
Best place I have worked so far!
Level II Inspector (Current Employee) –  LouisianaApril 17, 2016
I will admit that I do not want to leave, however due to the current economy we are being shut down. I have learned many valuable skills while working for this company and have grown as a person because of it. I know at my facility I thoroughly enjoyed my managers and coworkers. While it did have some issues with the job, I know we all did the best we could. I obtained a great amount of knowledge about sub sea drilling equipment and got to be trained in various forms of NDT. the hardest part of the job was making sure everything flowed smoothly as working in a repair facility, new issues would pop up for us to fix on a regular basis. overall I would say that out of the many jobs I have had, this one has been the best.
Pros
Good people, good company
Cons
advancement, job openings (only due to current economy)
Short term focus
Senior Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIApril 15, 2016
Short-term focus, always about hitting the quarterly numbers. Decent work/life balance, able to work remotely on a regular basis.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No security
Nice Place to work and advance in your carreer
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2016
Its a really nice place to work specially if you want to have interaction with customers. Its a good place to grow professionally.
Big company, big culture, slow pased
ITLP (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTApril 13, 2016
Great people, decent salary, slow moving giant. Often hard to achieve goals that should be easy in the 21st century.

Stable job environment, decent room for growth.
Great place to work.
Engineering Compliance Leader (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAApril 11, 2016
This company presented many opportunities for career advancement and education and training, GE offered many chances for growth and the work was interesting and challenging.
Great company to work for
Analytic Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 9, 2016
Arguments appreciated during meeting/ discussion. When decision made, every one committed to execute. All management and team member act professionally. No power bully in top management. Management never hesitate on making decision.
Pros
fast pace, process driven
Great experience
Quality Assurance Lead (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 8, 2016
Was managing a large team, including development. Was responsible for creating processes for SDLC. Overseeing large projects.
Productive and great place to work
Finance Intern (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 7, 2016
I really enjoyed my experience interning at GE. The culture is fun, motivating, supportive, and competitive. I learned a lot about working in a big corporate environment and improved many skills; such as analytical, problem-solving, project management, leadership, and communication skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was being introduced to new challenges. My co-workers were very helpful in learning the ways of GE and the Finance team.
Great company to work for
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 30, 2016
Very employee centric! The executive leadership team is visible and willing to interact at all levels. They take employee feedback seriously and act upon concerns.