GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Found 1,373 reviews matching the search
Productive and a great a place to work at.
Senior Director of Business Development (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, MIMay 21, 2017
GE is truly a global company that knows how to compete in a dynamic world that is ever changing. Must be an entrepreneur and an innovator to be able to survive at GE.
good
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 20, 2017
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, Aramark is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity.
Great place to learn and grow, then escape
Technical Leader, Gas Turbine Performance (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 19, 2017
Pros:
Competitive culture, drives performance
Unlimited vacation (depending on manager)

Cons:
Poor management and entrenched leadership
Politics
Bureaucracy
SLOW
Compensation is below market
Clock in, clock out mentality by some managers
SVLM/Serum graveyard is not a career
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 19, 2017
Trust me. This place is great to work at as far as the work goes. Do not go to graveyard. The management in that department is one of the worse I've ever seen.
Pros
Great work
Cons
Worse management ever.
mangement is terrible
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 18, 2017
I enjoyed he fact that it was a steady job with okay pay, However management was terrible, most of them were fresh out of college and didn't have a clue about anything. Also GE is all about making money as quickly as possible and getting rid of anyone at anytime if they feel it will hurt the bottom line.
Great Work Environment
Steam Turbine Final Assembly Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYMay 17, 2017
Great work environment and good management leading the steam turbine final assembly team. Would recommend this job to anyone who aspires to work in the power industry.
Job Tasks
test and inspect (Current Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UTMay 17, 2017
Daily tasks were: Worked on electric wheel motors, electric haul truck parts, grid blowers, alternators. Helped other areas in the shop, such as sand blasting diaphragms, rotors for steam turbines. For safety crane over head bridge, crane training. CPR.
Pros
Hands on training
Cons
They are closing the shop
Great Place To Work !
Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 17, 2017
G E was A Great Place To Work, A Big Company Like That Was Very Nice And Rewarding . They Paid Very Well For The Kind Of Job that It Was And I Enjoyed Working There Very Much.
Pros
Good Place To Work
Cons
Good Place To Work
Ge
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2017
I have a fabulous manager at GE, I enjoy my work and the special culture here. The career advancement and training at GE are superb, really advanced and important to the company.
Pros
career advancement, training
Cons
processes sometimes heavy
Tier I/II support
Customer Service Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 16, 2017
Supporting local workstations printers and basic network support. I supported customers and local staff with issues. I also supported HP Palm devices.
Pros
Management did not micromanage
Cons
Holidays
Ge
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCMay 15, 2017
The materials falling out boxses
That the materilas are expencive.
very honest
very balance no one worked more then the other.
the dust an tight areas
productive
Sales Operation Director (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAMay 15, 2017
GE is a great company to work for. awesome culture and compensation. I strongly recommend to working for GE if you have an opportunity to working for.
company does not care about employees
Machinist A level (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 14, 2017
Unfortunately my experience with GE has been a down spiral experience, managers do not know from left to right trying to make it instead of developing a cohesive work environment
Pros
No pros at this time
Cons
I strongly advise you not to work for the
Great benefits, Management is sketchy at times.
Technical Systems Engineer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 13, 2017
Great working conditions, normally. Flexible hours, Unlimited permissive time off (with manager's approval). The only big drawback I found was their allowing a manager to fire someone on minor offences to cover not having to pay short term disability for a joint surgery recovery time when pre-warning was given to ensure the absence would be covered.
Pros
Unlimited PTO
Cons
Layoffs come and goes as the business climate changes.
Great company excellent time off
GE New Policy Sales Consultant-Site Visit (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MAMay 11, 2017
3 weeks vacation given right off the bat without need of accruing. Good benefits with 401k match. Opportunities to move around to other GE business within reach.
Fast paced and productive environment.
Production and Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALMay 10, 2017
Responsible of the daily production of refrigerators and its' components and parts. Hardest part of my daily responsibilities was the heavy lifting of parts.
Great work place
Assembler (Current Employee) –  North Houston, TXMay 9, 2017
Easy workplace, safe, confident place. People friendly, training skills. The teach u alot of different things to work on machines, to be a line leader.
good place to work - no job security
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 8, 2017
would still work for GE no job security lay-offs common place. not much more to say about company just typing to meet the 150 minimum characters that is required
Pros
gym, pay
Cons
lay- off common
Great place to work, Great People, lasting friendships. Very proffessional
Sr. Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 8, 2017
First time in 30 years that I was completely autonomous, and treated like an adult. A rewarding experience. Flexible hours. Specific information is difficult to obtain. Repairs on equipment or obtaining software is counterintuitive and communications and feedback from would be sources is vague and cryptic. Sometimes the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. otherwise it was the best job I've ever had. some of the very finest minds and professionals that I have ever worked with.
Pros
Fantastic, progressive atmosphere. Very professional but laid back.
Cons
Detached Management. Duplicate work efforts in a large company.
GE does many things right
Manager IT Audit Staff (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMay 8, 2017
GE knows how to develop leaders. If you want to lead people, GE is a great place to work and learn. You will work with the best of the best. You will be challenged every day. The stress level is high but the reward is great.
Pros
Career development and advancement
Cons
Work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.