GE Corporate Employee Reviews in United States

Great for developers, Growing pains
Marketing Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 21, 2016
Leadership program candidates (graduates and experienced) get promoted regardless of their abilities.Negotiate high on the way in!

Developers in San Ramon should look to GE Digital as another option to Google and Apple. It's a great place for developers and data scientists.

Industrial company shifting to a Paas model. Lots of growing pains, but sure to dominate the IIoT space.
Pros
Flexible schedules, work from home for some
Cons
Legacy big industry behavior and separation. Digital - fast and wild. Jump in and don't drown.
GE Customer Service is Great
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 20, 2016
A day at work was fast paced during spring and summer. You must be able to multi-task. I learned how to deal with irate customers. Management was up to par. They were in the middle of making changes when I left. They have a lot of 1 on 1 time. I liked my co workers. There was not much time for interaction on the floor. The hard thing about the job is time management. You must be quick, concise, and friendly. I enjoyed the GE atmosphere. I really liked the business to business aspect.
Pros
Discounts, no weekends, good insurance, OK pay
Cons
sit down job, overlap
Fast pace with a high customer demand focused on a continuous improvement environment.
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 23, 2016
Direct a cross functional staff of Manufacturing, Test, Quality, and Warehouse to support manufacturing execution, testing, and product shipment to end customer.

Learned that making an employee’s job easier or encouraging a continuous improvement atmosphere can go a long way to building a great team.

Love building a great team with continuous improvements with my coworkers.

The hardest part about the job would be keeping the team positive and in an uncertain situation.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to come through for the team or thanking the team for coming through for the company.
Work projects were diversified
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJune 7, 2016
A lot of department phone coverage; was able to hone my organizational skills arranging meetings and retreats; management was very corporate and co-workers were friendly; hardest part of the job was sometimes a lack of communication; most enjoyable part was working with travel agency, transportation company and contracted team members.
Pros
Subsidized lunches and gym as well as outdoor walking trails
Cons
Not many except working in a large corporation that could be political
Great Community
Intern for Gas Turbine Controls NPI (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 20, 2016
Fairly paced workplace with great interactions between all levels of business. Everyone is friendly and will attempt to help or direct you to another individual when you have questions or concerns. Human Resources does a great job at keeping current with employees.

The culture within GE is fantastic; for different major events the departments will have a function. For example, during the world cup a department may go out to lunch together one day.
Relaxed and enjoyable work environment
Sourcing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 13, 2016
People are usually upbeat and personable.
Most are willing to help you out with any questions.
Management is great for the most part, no real scolding unless you really mess up.
This is a job that requires you to use your brain.
Pros
Free lunches, relaxed work environment, personable co-workers
Cons
Spending long times in front of a computer screen, sometimes you find yourself staring blankly at a computer
Productive and diversified work force
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2016
The great thing about working at GE was you had vision of new ideas and businesses that were revolutionizing industries. I really learned how to look outside of the box and always look for ways to improve a process or try something for the first time. The network is amazing at GE. When a complex problem was discovered it was an effort by all to come up with a solution.
Pros
Making a difference
Cons
Quality of life
Senior Project Manager - IT Risk and Compliance (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, MIApril 25, 2016
My time with GE has been one of rewarding growth and fast paced learning. I'd recommend them as an employer of choice.

A global company that requires you to be a self-starter as well as be self-managed. If you require daily/weekly advice on how your doing this isn't the place for you. GE expects to to take the assignment and run with it.
Pros
Was able to work remote
Cons
some business units unstable
GE - Masoneilan
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Avon, MAMay 24, 2016
Masoneilan has been bought and sold many times, but the company "Masoneilan" itself was a great place to work. The reason I say "was", is because GE is moving the Avon facility where I am currently employed, to Jacksonville. I will be forced into unemployment within a few months. The energy here was always amazing. I have learned so much from all my peers, and from having the opportunity to work in different areas. It is very rare to find a company where many employees retired after 30 to 40 years of service. I am still giving 100% of myself to my job until the time that I will be forced to leave. I will definitely miss my home here at Masoneilan, but I am also looking forward towards new adventures.
Pros
Masoneilan was a great place to work.
Cons
The move of the Avon facility to Jacksonville
Productive and great place to work
Finance Intern (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 7, 2016
I really enjoyed my experience interning at GE. The culture is fun, motivating, supportive, and competitive. I learned a lot about working in a big corporate environment and improved many skills; such as analytical, problem-solving, project management, leadership, and communication skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was being introduced to new challenges. My co-workers were very helpful in learning the ways of GE and the Finance team.
Enjoyed working at GE in Somersworth.
Set-up Operator (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHMay 16, 2016
GE gave me many opportunities for advancement.
Management was always willing to help with any problems and willing to give any advice.
I had a good team of co-workers many became friends outside of work.
Hardest part of the job was the lifting.
Enjoyed going to work everyday.
Pros
Liked working 2nd shift
Cons
Didnt like working weekends, I would rather get overtime during the week.
Great Products with a long and strong history
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 12, 2016
GE is a large company with a rich history. This shows at nearly every level. The large company results in solid process that sometimes limit innovation and flexibility, but ensure consistent results and predictable expectations. There is a lot of long time employees that want to maintain the status quo, but the company is actively trying to change this and is purusuing cutting edge work on the "industrial Internet" or IoT to drastically change the way work is done. They also talk the talk about agile development process and are working toward those improvements. If they do fast enough this will continue to be a great company for generations.
Pros
Very structured process make for predictable work plans.
Cons
HR is looking out for the company more than the people.
A challenging place of employment
Manufacturing Shop Operations Leader (Current Employee) –  Avon, MAMay 6, 2016
Many ups and downs within the various roles I heard at GE.

I worked long hours many days. Many weeks were very rewarding, other weeks you felt like you were kicked in the teeth.

Met some amazing people, learned a ton about a massive company and how to conduct business on a daily basis.

The best part was the people I met and my exposure to the customers.
As a contract employee at GE Aviation:
Environmental Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 29, 2016
A typical work day at GE Aviation required the ability to interface with the production department and engineering support. I learned how to run each individual test station during vibration. The management team gave me support while allowing me to work with limited to no supervision required. My co-workers were professional and a pleasure to work with on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was becoming familiar with all of the test stations and interfacing with the GE computer publications. The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie and cooperation within GE Aviation.
Great Place to Work
SAP Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCMay 1, 2016
A typical day of work consists of doing multiple reports and scanning drawings. I have been able to learn the SAP system that is used to track components. My co-workers are very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is that if I have to miss work, I don't get paid for it due to being a temp hire.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Hard to advance in the company due to being a temp hire.
great work,great pay
floater,material handeler,forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 20, 2016
GE was set up ergonomically to make the working areas more comfortably and more effective for each job. Most of the people that worked there were easy to get along with and willing to help each other out. I learned pretty quickly that many hands make lighter work.
Pros
excellant benafits, good working enviorment
Cons
never knew when a layoff was coming
Best place I have worked so far!
Level II Inspector (Current Employee) –  LouisianaApril 17, 2016
I will admit that I do not want to leave, however due to the current economy we are being shut down. I have learned many valuable skills while working for this company and have grown as a person because of it. I know at my facility I thoroughly enjoyed my managers and coworkers. While it did have some issues with the job, I know we all did the best we could. I obtained a great amount of knowledge about sub sea drilling equipment and got to be trained in various forms of NDT. the hardest part of the job was making sure everything flowed smoothly as working in a repair facility, new issues would pop up for us to fix on a regular basis. overall I would say that out of the many jobs I have had, this one has been the best.
Pros
Good people, good company
Cons
advancement, job openings (only due to current economy)
My 1st job, was good experience
Fabrication Foreman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2016
My 1st job, worked as a new hire, worked hard -worked up to Shop Foreman. Had several not so good bosses, but did work for several good ones. Made me appreciate good workers, learned to treat people the right ways. Old school ways was not good ways. Worked hard to develop a good department with exceptional people, some are still there.Plenty of work throughout the years. It was a good place to work. Some of the management toward the end were not so good. Managemment lad a lot of turnover. Overall it was pretty good to me, learned a lot.
Pros
plenty of advancement for myself, friendly people, worked together
Worst recruiting process ever
Summer Associate - ECLP Program (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 18, 2016
I have never been treated so bad by any global organization
during the hiring process
I do not recommend to anybody to work for GE Transportation
I have worked for multinationals such as Shell or Goodyear and
they have much better procedures by far
GE is not what they offer
GE is looking for good talent and do not deserve to have it
Pros
Good payment
Cons
So big that structures and burocracy harm the organization
Quality Engineering Inspector/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 2, 2016
A job with very high responsibility- Maintenance and overhauling of commercial airlines jet engines. GE manufactured engines overhauling, Inspection, Supervision, Auditing strictly under the guidelines of FAA. After working 23 plus years they shut down the company due to GE restructure.
Pros
Very good companey to work
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.