GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Found 1,126 reviews matching the search
All talk but little action
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJanuary 5, 2017
It was a mistake joining GE from the leading EV car manufacturer. If you like a company that loves meetings & politics, this is the place for you. If you like to accomplish lots of daily tasks with no BS politics, GE is definitely NOT the place for individual & team accomplishments. Management in San Ramon is composed of old re-threads of Silicon Valley who are milking the company with little or no results for the stockholders.
Pros
Free drinks, beverages & coffee
Cons
Management by organized chaos
Decent place to work
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  East Flat Rock, NCJanuary 7, 2017
Spent a lot of years at GE and most of it I enjoyed. I learned how to work well with others and also individually. Some of the management was really good while others were not. I loved a lot of my co-workers and they are what I miss most about GE. The hardest part of my job was dealing with disrespectful and rude people. The most enjoyable part of my job was some of the amazing people I met while working with GE and the relationships we formed.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
short breaks
Fun exciting job but too much travel
Global Sales & Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTDecember 30, 2016
I traveled a lot while working for GE. The development program was great but there was definitely a sacrifice I had to make in order to be a part of that program. There were many management changes but overall I would recommend GE. At a big company like GE, top management is likable and cares for the company and the workers - kind of like a politician that is expected to care about constituents because that's part of the job.
great place to work loved the people like family
Machine Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 9, 2016
Gave me a lit of great learning experience helped me become a mechanic through a program they had in place for people that wanted to better themselves I was able to go to school to become a mechanic. Worked on the suggestion program where I got to learn how to save the company money and get rewards for the person that came up with the idea. Great learn experience for me loved it
Pros
We all worked together like a family and we made great momey doing it.
Cons
The plant closed down and moved overseas when Nafta came into play.
A great company to work for with great reputation
Executive Receptionist and Diversified Services (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTDecember 29, 2016
GE Corporate - tough but strong company. Time management and detail were taken very serious and expectations high.
It was stressful but working with a great team made it fun - we worked very hard and loved what we accomplished. I learned the importance of commitment, integrity, teamwork and leadership.
Pros
Rewards for accomplishments
Cons
Not much flexibility
Great environment to work in, flexible work schedule
L3 Network Operation consultant (Current Employee) –  111 Tri-County Pkwy Cincinnati Ohio 45246December 19, 2016
This is truly the one of the best places I've worked, Management is awesome and is willing to cover back when things go wrong, strong leadership within the company as well, nobody gets blamed for problems or issues we work together as a team, from Management to the lowest person. People are really encouraged to open minded about there ideas on certain situations. Bosses listen to there employees for a POV on any given circumstance, and sometimes will heed advice from other teams within the company. And also the strong philosophy the company always upholds, nobody gets left behind.
Pros
Working from home if needed, Management is excellent
Cons
A lot of contractors, no OT pay/benefits/pay vacations
Managment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSNovember 25, 2016
Was a great place to work, when I first started everyone seemed nice until time went on and then people started stabbing you in the back. Management sucked got in trouble for taking my vacation time that I was told I had and then turned around and they told me I didn't have the vacation days and they fired me for that. Nothing HR could do because I was in my 90 days but still it didn't make any sense why I was fired for their mistake.
Pros
Pay, work balance
Cons
Managment
my job
Factory worker (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNNovember 2, 2016
i worked on an assembly line, it was a wonderful job at the beginning and then as you worked longer and longer the more people, at GE, they became more into stabbing you in the back as to helping you out. the more they could pull out of you the more they ran there mouths and put you down, it was never good enough, you could never make them happy.
Pros
the job itself was wonderful
Cons
disliked the people and managers let them get away with all kinds of stuff.
The second best company I've ever worked for.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2016
GE is a top notch, most excellent company to work for. My day begins by coming in 20 minutes early to make sure everything is set for those whom I support -- checking the copier, water supply, distributing the mail. My co-workers are the absolute best! I have never had a team that got along with each other, respected each other or helped and encouraged each other as much as my present team. No part of my job is hard and I enjoy every aspect of what I do.
Pros
Benefits, people
Cons
Leadership always changing. Great products and resources
Senior Lead Consultant Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 11, 2017
collaboration abound at GE. Managers often change, and never become subject matter experts. push for collaboration to fill the gaps of management changes and lack of in depth knowledge. cover key relationships with multiple angles versus deep relationships throughout customer base.
We get breaks
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 8, 2016
We get 401K, insurance, 3 weeks vacation a year and 3 days personal time. Get one day off, on 3rd shift but work 1st shift hours, management with no experience, very stressful when your schedule has been changed 3x's in 4 months, technology that is not worth anybody's time along with a program that has the warehouse in shambles. With all that said, my job along with 200 + hanging in the wind
Pros
Bills get paid
Cons
Very stressful, technology that doesnt work, program on computer not worth your time, management with no experence
Big Company
Sr. Technologist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 10, 2017
No real mentors. Everyone stays in a position for a couple of years then moves on. You are just a number. Impossible to do your job when you have to sub out work to foreign companies to save money for the investors.
Pros
Advancements and good salaries
Cons
One day you have a job the next you don't, Unions make it difficult to get things done and make money
learn new technologies and concepts
Developer (Current Employee) –  USDecember 15, 2016
Involved in Coding.
Implementing the BR’S according to the client requirement.
As a team member I am responsible for planning to complete the requirements before the scheduling time.
Involved in Unit testing for every BR in the project.
Involved in Integration Testing.
Written java docs for the developed java code.
Office was poorly managed by upper management
Caliper Technical Specialist/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2016
Office was poorly managed by upper management.There are a number of ongoing compliance issues that is very alarming. HR within the GE PII division is scarcely available and usually is in the office only once or twice weekly.
Pros
Flexible work arrangements
Cons
Poor Management
Highly goals structured for the top Management
Lead Steam Turbine Engineer (Current Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UTNovember 30, 2016
Lead Steam Turbine Engineer working at the GE Salt Lake Shop we seem to get the turbine repair jobs that other Shops do not want due the damage conditions.
Pros
The people in the Shop are highly skilled at their jobs.
Cons
Dp not enough people therefore always having to work the weekend.
Innovative company with clear goals and proven record of financial success
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 20, 2016
General Electric is a forward thinking company that empowers it's employees and gives them opportunities for career growth. The pace of work can be demanding but for employees who can adapt rewards are available.
Pros
Innovative & forward thinking
Cons
Big company
At times, it was fun.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 29, 2016
We assembled commuter cars and had to get them ready for the customer. We had to drill and tap the floor to install seat pedestals. We had to prepare the commuter cars for the customer and fix defects that inspectors found. I learned a lot. At times, it was stressful. I did this job prior to returning to college.
Cons
Short breaks.
constructive place to work
Primary Casing Transformer Painter (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHNovember 14, 2016
learned abt the different transformer primaries and how to process them. Management was ok and co-workers was good. hardest part of the job was learning how to breakdown bad transformers and enjoyable part knowing I put in a good days work.
Pros
got bonuses when good work was produced
Cons
n/a
enjoyed my 34 years of service
Grinding, hand filing, and bending (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MASeptember 13, 2016
GE has grown over the past 50 years and has been innovative as the future has change. I was afforded many opportunities to learn many aspects of GE. I was educated and certified in many skills at GE. Many staff worked for this plant for over 40 years, allowing us to build close relationships with our co-workers
Pros
great opportunities
Cons
Lynn plant was far from my home
State of the art evnironment to work
Manager of IBM Infrastructure Team (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 22, 2016
Learned a lot that contributed to my career. Worked with a professional staff with a wide variety of talent. The job eventually took me to the state of Florida where I led a highly successful project.
Pros
Best benefits
Cons
Job depended on the success of new contracts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.