GE Corporate Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and challenging position involving team work
Material Controller 2 (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAMay 27, 2016
Throughout my work day I would have multiple responsibilities in many different areas of the shop. Work closely with management and co-workers to perfect a good work flow.

Start of the day, I would answer and make emails to buyers, warehouse, managers and co-workers for problem solving and brainstorming. Then I would do an inventory walk to see what orders need to be made and proceed in ordering. After that I spend time cleaning, organizing, micro managing inventory and shipping materials. I also do a lot of computer transactions in various programs to ensure all materials are in its place.

Management has been very helpful in teaching on the job. As I learned very quickly how to manage time, procedures of our shop and 5s structure to have a happy functioning work day.

GE was thriving in 2014 as they hired on over 500 employees. Unfortunately business has taking a turn downward as they are in the process of a major layoff. It has been a wonderful company to work for but job security is at a low.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Seniority based advancement ONLY, they do not promote you on work performance and ethic.
Limited run of Units
Control room operator (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAMay 25, 2016
Working here was uneventful. No real potential for growth. Lack of interest by the management communication made working there confusing. Limited run of units.
Pros
time off
Cons
Lack of growth potential
Quality of life and pay were great with room for advancment
Metal Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Fort Edward, NYMay 25, 2016
freightliner was a very enjoyable place to work. the people had great work ethics and the team work was incredible. we had team meetings in the morning to discuss our work day and issues with equipment and products.
GE - Masoneilan
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Avon, MAMay 24, 2016
Masoneilan has been bought and sold many times, but the company "Masoneilan" itself was a great place to work. The reason I say "was", is because GE is moving the Avon facility where I am currently employed, to Jacksonville. I will be forced into unemployment within a few months. The energy here was always amazing. I have learned so much from all my peers, and from having the opportunity to work in different areas. It is very rare to find a company where many employees retired after 30 to 40 years of service. I am still giving 100% of myself to my job until the time that I will be forced to leave. I will definitely miss my home here at Masoneilan, but I am also looking forward towards new adventures.
Pros
Masoneilan was a great place to work.
Cons
The move of the Avon facility to Jacksonville
Fast pace with a high customer demand focused on a continuous improvement environment.
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 23, 2016
Direct a cross functional staff of Manufacturing, Test, Quality, and Warehouse to support manufacturing execution, testing, and product shipment to end customer.

Learned that making an employee’s job easier or encouraging a continuous improvement atmosphere can go a long way to building a great team.

Love building a great team with continuous improvements with my coworkers.

The hardest part about the job would be keeping the team positive and in an uncertain situation.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to come through for the team or thanking the team for coming through for the company.
productive place to be hands on
ats building emergency transfer switches (Current Employee) –  Mebane, NCMay 23, 2016
typical day of work consist of metting the numbers and quality of the products, getting along wit co workers. hardest part of the job was learning how to do it and gettimg a faster speed.
Cons
short breaks, linch breaks
Laid Back Environment
Billing Focal (Current Employee) –  Buckhead, GAMay 21, 2016
GE is a wonderful place to work. It has a laid back environment and a good life work balance. It would be nice if the systems talked and better processes was put in place but this is in the works. The company is expanding and they believe in employee advancement.
Pros
Jeans everyday, laid back
Cons
Need to improve process and system
great work,great pay
floater,material handeler,forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 20, 2016
GE was set up ergonomically to make the working areas more comfortably and more effective for each job. Most of the people that worked there were easy to get along with and willing to help each other out. I learned pretty quickly that many hands make lighter work.
Pros
excellant benafits, good working enviorment
Cons
never knew when a layoff was coming
GE Customer Service is Great
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 20, 2016
A day at work was fast paced during spring and summer. You must be able to multi-task. I learned how to deal with irate customers. Management was up to par. They were in the middle of making changes when I left. They have a lot of 1 on 1 time. I liked my co workers. There was not much time for interaction on the floor. The hard thing about the job is time management. You must be quick, concise, and friendly. I enjoyed the GE atmosphere. I really liked the business to business aspect.
Pros
Discounts, no weekends, good insurance, OK pay
Cons
sit down job, overlap
A good place to work
Assembley Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 20, 2016
At GE the environment is very comfortable, everyone gets along and I enjoy what I do. Everything flows good it's just hard trying to get some over time hours.
Pros
I always learn something new
Cons
Not enough over time.
Great Community
Intern for Gas Turbine Controls NPI (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 20, 2016
Fairly paced workplace with great interactions between all levels of business. Everyone is friendly and will attempt to help or direct you to another individual when you have questions or concerns. Human Resources does a great job at keeping current with employees.

The culture within GE is fantastic; for different major events the departments will have a function. For example, during the world cup a department may go out to lunch together one day.
Line Worker
Product Inspector / Line Worker (Former Employee) –  San Germán Municipio, PRMay 19, 2016
The work was in a fast environment, work under pressure daily but great team work. I learn to be fast and precise no errors allowed. I really enjoy the environment due the great team effort.
Typical day at work
Pricing Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2016
GE is constantly looking for its employee to make process improvement to make things more simple or better help the customer. GE directly rewards employees for making these changes and supports their employees any way possible.
Pros
pay, mobility
Cons
worklife balance
Assembly Line Atmosphere
Line Lead (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 19, 2016
Assembly line atmosphere where you are on a line all day either 8,9, or 10 hours dependent upon mandated overtime. Winters are freezing they don't turn on furnaces and summers are hot with only 2-10 exhaust fans working. ceiling leaks and may end up in your work station. Everything that was told to the new hires from orientation that made GE sound like icing on the cake was all a big breathe of hot air. We were told line leads would go through the line and give everyone at least two ten min breaks throughout the day including the legal mandated breaks. this ended up being false. You were only giving a break if you were a friend of the line lead. and when you would ask to go to the bathroom saying you will be quick the line leads would either complain and act like cry babies because you cant hold it or they will tell you they cant do it and they got paper work to fill out and you wont end up seeing the line lead except ten min before break time would occur. you are giving three personal days to last a whole year and thats it until after five years you accumulate one week of paid vacation time. the raises were not official and the Union was roll overs for all the new hires but would stand up for their generation of hired in employees like the people that were hired in around the 90's.
Pros
all the overtime you wanted
Cons
horrible pay lack of sick time aweful insurance & discounts on any GE products.
many years since I worked there
Call Center, phone support, local IT support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 19, 2016
No review. Been too many years since I worked at a GE call center in Phoenix. Really, I have nothing more to say.
GE call center doesn't exist any more.
Good people; bad management
Utilities operator (Current Employee) –  LaFayette, GAMay 17, 2016
I know its what everyone says, but in this case its true. They have some of the best people I've ever worked with. How ever the management team is really really bad.
Master Scheduler/Planner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2016
Great team to work with. Daily challenges in a quick paced environment. Most difficult part of job is advancement opportunities.
Enjoyed working at GE in Somersworth.
Set-up Operator (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHMay 16, 2016
GE gave me many opportunities for advancement.
Management was always willing to help with any problems and willing to give any advice.
I had a good team of co-workers many became friends outside of work.
Hardest part of the job was the lifting.
Enjoyed going to work everyday.
Pros
Liked working 2nd shift
Cons
Didnt like working weekends, I would rather get overtime during the week.
Good Training
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 15, 2016
Very good professional training and opportunity for learning.

Difficult to balance customer satisfaction and maintain corporate priority of maximizing profits.
Pros
Good support globally
Cons
long hours and work life balance suffers
Great place to work.
high volt fild tec (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 13, 2016
I am pleased with every part of Indeed .Looking forward to get started. everyday its something different never a boring minute on the job. like working with people u can get along with. Some parts of my job as a winder is hard but don't mind it . its what I like.
Pros
Travling diffrent places