GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Found 1,509 reviews matching the search
good
Middleware Administrator (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 25, 2017
Ge is good company , but i am consultant for GE

. GE has several vendors , and several businesses.

overall good company
but it all depends on project and the type of Role.
Not the GE it use to be
Global Fleet Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 24, 2017
no accountability of upper management.

constantly changing goals, no long term vision.

better to have your manager like you than to do good work if your looking to get ahead.
to much change in to small of a time frame
Teardown Technician (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAJune 23, 2017
management had to go through so many channels to solve simple issues. same problems would occur daily without a solution.benefits and pay were ok but 2 tier pay scale was highly unfair.
great company
Lead Field Engineer, Generator Specialist (Current Employee) –  nation wideJune 23, 2017
Multi-faceted dual degree engineer coverage falls in two division Electrical and mechanical field engineer work. Power services plant repair. customer support ,engineering support, FE council member.
Productive.
Order Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Selmer, TNJune 23, 2017
Very team oriented and friendly place to work. Management was very helpful as well as team members. I really enjoyed working with the people of my community.
without notice I was not needed anymore and was let go
Director of audio visual services (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 22, 2017
This job at this location was not able to sustain or justify 2 employees, I can agree with that, at least that was the explanation I got. Went freelancing after that my wages doubled, so it wasn't a big deal.
Great opportunity to develop skillset that i did not have before and work with wonderful people.
Lead Facility Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAJune 22, 2017
A typical day was fast paced and focused. I was always thinking and challenging myself to do more. I felt good about what I could accomplish each day.
Industry Leading Company
Six Sigma Black Belt (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJune 22, 2017
Strong employee development opportunities for individuals seeking to be challenged with practical experiences in various national and global industries.
Excellent Benefits Package
Consumer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 22, 2017
This company offered one of the best benefits packages I have ever had the pleasure of signing up for. The environment was quite stressful due to the high expectation for the number of calls accepted. Quality should over ride quantity when it comes to customer service, in my opinion. Customers should receive quality resolutions instead of being rushed off of the phone so that reps can take the next call.
Pros
Excellent Benefits Package
Cons
Quantity vs. Quality
Great company with wonderful benefits.
UO2-/GAD Grinder Operator (Former Employee) –  Castle Hayne, NCJune 21, 2017
This was a great experience. The knowledge that I received working in a highly controlled manufacturing was very good. learning to use precision measurement tools was very valuable.
Chance to work for the best in the business with a clear mission
COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2017
Everyone is really creative, driven and mission-oriented. The company is changing the world and is a storied institution, and everyone believes it. Not always great chances for job changes at Corporate in NYC, but lots of career development and tons to learn. Need to be comfortable with a lot of change.
An Average company
Cloud Services and Delivery Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 21, 2017
Best part about he job is Working from home. No commute. This saves me 3 hours of productive time. Work is interesting but difficult to get new creative assignments. Management doen't know how to manage remote employees.
Pros
Work From Home
Cons
Below market compensation
Enjoyed my time at GE
Labor Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 21, 2017
The experience was good
Learned a lot - interacted with all levels of Management
I worked remote and had no issues with coordinating with the Team and getting projects done.

Assisted in implementation of new project
Fun place to work with nice coworkers and management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 20, 2017
The facility is no longer in operation in South Bend, In. Company closed it in 2001 part of their downsizing process. I did gain a vase majority of my customer service skills from my position at GE Corporate. For the time the pay was very comparable to other work locations. The work hours were good and we worked in a clean safe environment. I would have happily stayed with the company had they decided to continue operations in this area.
Fuel Nozzle Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 20, 2017
G.E. Is a great company. Great pay and benefits. Awesome training, and work environment. Had a great experience working there. If you get a chance to work for G.E. Do it!
The work was not hard
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJune 19, 2017
It's the worker out there one day they work then they next day they don't want to work sum people get train right some don't but it's a great place to work if you can get hiried on you have to work more than year before you get hired on out there
Pros
No paid lunch
Cons
2 10mins break
union plant
EHS Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 19, 2017
Working in EHS at GE was difficult. Many practices were just viewed as that is how they had done it for years so it was hard to encourage change. We were trying for VPP status when I was there but with the overall attitude it was difficult. the EHS manager was great thouh. She really knew her field.
Pros
friendly workers
Cons
difficult when it comes to change
Sleep Pod
Hyperion IT Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, MIJune 19, 2017
Amazing radical idea. Employees had the option to sit back, relax and take power naps at work.

There is also a small recreational area for employees to discuss work in a lighter environment

ping pong
pool table
foosball
Summary
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 19, 2017
Corporate job in a tight environment. Benefits are decreasing along with job security. People are great, but under extreme stress. Hopefully, the new CEO will help and drive this company to past gloryu
Good Company to Work but Limited Progressive Opportunities
Lead Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 16, 2017
Good flexible work schedule. You could learn or experience a lot in a typical day, especially in the first a few years with the company. Not very impressive management style with some exceptions. Progressive in seniority would be mostly depending on who your boss is. Bureaucracy would be inevitable in such a big company, even though some upper management encourages a small company culture at certain point.
Pros
Good benefits, traning opportunities, flexible work schedule and good work/life balance
Cons
Less progressive opportunities, ineffective communications between different branches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.