GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Found 1,585 reviews matching the search
Great
Field Engineer Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 15, 2017
Great Great Great seen many things and different applications, got to help many companies develop higher production. Got to see the world and was treated special.
Pros
Much to see
Cons
A lot of time away from family
Lead system engineer
Lead Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 15, 2017
Developed rules and utilized the EDP information to improve our recommendations define and developed validation plans for various locomotive interfaces.
Wonderful place to work
Lead Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 15, 2017
I enjoyed the time that I've spent in GE Power Services and hate to see that they've merged it into a wholly owned subsidiary FieldCore. I would stay but the structure that I liked has changed.
Remote location with sub standard pay
GE, Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lysite, WYAugust 14, 2017
Pay does not match the hours and travel required to get to the location. Safety is important prior to inspections or management tours but standards are not maintained. Management is weak and between the client and GE staff there seems to be information gaps and confusion in many cases.
Pros
Week on/week off schedule is nice
Cons
Long hours and not enough compensation for those hours. Not enough staff to cover vacations, etc.
Expects Results
Senior Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 12, 2017
GE remote work areas leave much to be desired as they are typically small offices with no extras. There are opportunities to move with the company. However, GE is going through a huge change right now.
Stressful place. They can't keep the supervisors for more then a few months.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 12, 2017
I worked for a good supervisor he was fair to all. And for me that's all I ask for. But the production manager and quality manager ran him off. He had a ton of skill and I feel that they were intimidated by that. We go through 3 or more Supervisor every couple of years. But the people I work on the line with are great and fun.
Benefits
Cons
Management/work hours
Sr. Project Manager | Functional Tax Technology (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 11, 2017
Best decision I ever made was to leave public accounting.
Joining the tax technology team at GE was one of the best opportunities to expand my knowledge base.
Sad when i left
Harvest Tech I (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIAugust 11, 2017
I wish I never left. But I had to relocate. The people the management all are helpful and nice. The Harvest Department what's the best job I ever had ROC
production
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 10, 2017
good workforce, although I was a engineering contract employee I thought it was an above average company to work for. I had a hard IT activation with the information that I needed.
Pros
easy going
Cons
poor IT help
The Best benefits
Electronics Test Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Minden, NVAugust 10, 2017
GE by far has had the best benefit package that I have had during my work career.This is especially true since the benefits started with my first day of employment,
Not the best place to work - stressful
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 9, 2017
I loved working at GE at first but the negativity begins to grind on you. Management is always changing. People are constantly being let go. Then suddenly, there is a layoff. They call it death of a thousand cuts because they do these mini-layoffs most of the time. It just got old. Plus, women don't report it but there is a lot of inappropriate talk and some touching. Very weird company.
Pros
Interesting products
Cons
Some odd people
Best company ever...
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 8, 2017
Great benefits and pay. Very-supportive management team. Great job advancement opportunities. You work a lot of hours, high expectations of Ops team. Very fast paced and somewhat stressful environment.
Pros
Unbelievably great benefits
Cons
Stressful environment
Worked Every Day
Assembly Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 8, 2017
Typical Day at Work: Piece work in a timely manner
I learned to work hard and stay balanced.
Management was fair.
Workplace Culture: Good learning environment
Hardest Part of the Job: Correcting someone's mistakes
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: People I work with.
Pros
The People
Cons
Correcting others' mistakes
Your standard business-oriented office job
IT Leadership Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2017
Work seemed very easy as an intern and mostly related to very relaxed schedules. Projects seemed a little uninteresting and were not selected based on preference. Manager was nice and helped when needed.
Cons
Very hierarchical company
good company
Assistant Director -Client Development/Project Mgt (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 8, 2017
low advancement, high turn over rate. inability to foster strong teams or strong leaders. looking for alternate pathways to recruit training, mentor
I cannot review this company
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAAugust 7, 2017
This company has merged since I left, twice, so any review I make of this company would be meaningless to anyone as the company does not exist anymore.
Stressful place to work
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 7, 2017
Management needs a lot of help. Union employees can be very cutthrought . They were good with expansion and making sure there employees could take take classes to help further them selves
Going down hill
Team Lead/ First Aid/ Safety Team/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 7, 2017
Ge use to be a great company but the ball is going down hill quickly. Employees are jumping ship to other companies due to fear of job, the very poor management and constant strike notices. Good things use to come from GE but they have lost all hope with the management running machines inside now. Its a keep the line going regardless of the issues on the machines type deal now. They have switched their motto to " Quantity over quality" Point blank!
Workplace with potential but no growth visible
Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAAugust 7, 2017
GE has lot of potential to build good software in IIOT. However, management is not focused on what is expected from company. Management and org changes every year contribute to lack of stability and also hamper ability to determine whats best for your career in the long run.Lot of people are in there for retirement with no desire to build any good product
Wouldn't recommend Aviation Department if you want to keep your self-esteem
Operator (Former Employee) –  Aviation Clearwater FloridaAugust 7, 2017
Company has great benefits, they are excellent. Unfortunately GE Aviation is very confused they don't know what they're doing most of the time on a daily basis they're changing something it's like management doesn't communicate with each other the right hand doesn't know what the left hand's doing. Don't get me wrong I don't mind being flexible it's fun to learn new things but management expects you to know it without training and unfortunately that can be dangerous. I honestly don't think I'll ever fly again knowing they're making parts for airplanes after what I've seen
Pros
Great benefit, awesome coworkers
Cons
Too much confusion again the right hand doesn't know what the left hand's doing. No communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.