GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Found 1,049 reviews matching the search
Good salary, good benefits, too much corporate over-sight.
Staff Engineer, Aerostructures Programs (Former Employee) –  Middle River Aircraft Systems, Baltimore, MDAugust 22, 2016
Middle River Aircraft Systems, which is a division of General Electric Aviation is generally a good company to work for. It was purchased by General Electric approximately 18 years ago. The salary and benefits were good. However, the systems and over-sight imposed by G.E. inhibited the productivity levels that could have been obtained.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Too much General Electric over-sight
Great place to work with amazing people and good comunication
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MOJuly 25, 2016
the values are very important for the company, at the same way the culture , vision and objetives of the company are very defined.
the co-workers share the information they know to help at any area that needs the info.
Also the information is updated daily, and you can get it at any moment you require.
Pros
information available for any person, strong values
Cons
coffe shop, restaurant, human management
challenging and rewarding environment
Virtual Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  VirtualAugust 17, 2016
This was a very supportive environment. Great team leadership and I felt part of the team even though I was virtual. I learned a great deal. GE is always encouraging you to learn and progress. The only thing that was the hardest is that I was a contract recruiter. I would have loved to be permanent. This is a great company with wonderful people.
Pros
Challenging and rewarding
Cons
New and exciting roll out of advanced manufacturing technology
Lead Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 20, 2016
Led exciting & dynamic team trying doing new exciting advancements in advanced manufacturing for the power industry. Accountable for all technical production and process development, I worked with an excellent team program manager. Dealing with constantly changing deliverable and expectations was challenging. And the excitement of trying to do things that we could never do without advanced manufacturing was very enjoyable.
Pros
Involvement in game changing world class technologies
Cons
Career growth opportunities, constant changing business atmosphere that can cause real technical challenges in production.
enjoyed my 34 years of service
Grinding, hand filing, and bending (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MASeptember 13, 2016
GE has grown over the past 50 years and has been innovative as the future has change. I was afforded many opportunities to learn many aspects of GE. I was educated and certified in many skills at GE. Many staff worked for this plant for over 40 years, allowing us to build close relationships with our co-workers
Pros
great opportunities
Cons
Lynn plant was far from my home
Very Agile and Best place for full stack experience
Senior QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 7, 2016
Typical Day at Work:Sprint Grooming/Planning Discussions Daily Stand up

What I learned: How to pitch your ideas in bug scrums

Management: Proactive

Coworkers: Cool

Hardest part of the job: Sometimes ultra agile

Most Enjoyable part of the job: Smooth Working Culture
Pros
Healthcare for full time employees, Team Lunches
Cons
Dynamic Customer Requirements
Everyone fun and easy to get along with.
Assembly Line/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2016
The day usually started out slow about first half hours getting all spots filled with people who were absent. Then got the lines and speed up to Parr. People were awesome to work with. We worked as a team. It was home and family away from home.
Pros
Toyota 2 bonuses a year. Great work ethics. People were helpong and very family oriented.
Cons
KK, HAAS CABINET, GE ONLY 30 MINUTR LUNCH BREAKS. GE HAD TO TAKE VACATION WHEN THEY SCHECULED IT.
GE power
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 1, 2016
Desktop support for Alstom Power Chattanooga and satellite site located in Houston, Texas.
Support customers with computer issues including hardware, software, remote desktop, software installation, troubleshooting.
Checking tickets daily using BMC Remedy for new incidents or work orders as they arrive.
Other duties assigned by EUSS Management.

Projects
Migrated all 250 users to Windows 7.

Little to no training, learn as you go.

Very little supervision was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Great employees to work with on a daily basisi
Cons
Little to no training
Great Place to Work
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 31, 2016
Outstanding leadership & opportunities

Competitive atmosphere...culture is nurtured and driven to win

Benefits are second to none

Pay averages in the 25th percentile of the market; normal for a large corporation, but certainly can scare away outstanding talent
Pros
Surprising modern HRM philosophies
Cons
Poor worklife balance...you are always working; there are no boundaries
Great for developers, Growing pains
Marketing Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 21, 2016
Leadership program candidates (graduates and experienced) get promoted regardless of their abilities.Negotiate high on the way in!

Developers in San Ramon should look to GE Digital as another option to Google and Apple. It's a great place for developers and data scientists.

Industrial company shifting to a Paas model. Lots of growing pains, but sure to dominate the IIoT space.
Pros
Flexible schedules, work from home for some
Cons
Legacy big industry behavior and separation. Digital - fast and wild. Jump in and don't drown.
Great place to work and advance
Manufacturing Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 22, 2016
I would work about fifty to sixty hours a week but i really didn't mind since i like what i was doing. The people around me were great and supportive. The hardest part of the job was work life balance due to having a young family and driving an hour each way to work and back.
Pros
Not punching a time card
Cons
Working a lot of hours and holidays
Work projects were diversified
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJune 7, 2016
A lot of department phone coverage; was able to hone my organizational skills arranging meetings and retreats; management was very corporate and co-workers were friendly; hardest part of the job was sometimes a lack of communication; most enjoyable part was working with travel agency, transportation company and contracted team members.
Pros
Subsidized lunches and gym as well as outdoor walking trails
Cons
Not many except working in a large corporation that could be political
If your in a tight situation that you need to make money, Holman G.E. is a perfect place to work.
Basloid Driver (Current Employee) –  Perryville, MDAugust 17, 2016
Business is pretty steady and the job duties is relative easy to perform, and the benefit's are pretty basic. Very little room for advancement, not a career job if you are a single parent as I am.
Pros
The ability to make as much money as possible
Cons
Job isnt family friendly
Fast pace with a high customer demand focused on a continuous improvement environment.
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 23, 2016
Direct a cross functional staff of Manufacturing, Test, Quality, and Warehouse to support manufacturing execution, testing, and product shipment to end customer.

Learned that making an employee’s job easier or encouraging a continuous improvement atmosphere can go a long way to building a great team.

Love building a great team with continuous improvements with my coworkers.

The hardest part about the job would be keeping the team positive and in an uncertain situation.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to come through for the team or thanking the team for coming through for the company.
GE Customer Service is Great
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 20, 2016
A day at work was fast paced during spring and summer. You must be able to multi-task. I learned how to deal with irate customers. Management was up to par. They were in the middle of making changes when I left. They have a lot of 1 on 1 time. I liked my co workers. There was not much time for interaction on the floor. The hard thing about the job is time management. You must be quick, concise, and friendly. I enjoyed the GE atmosphere. I really liked the business to business aspect.
Pros
Discounts, no weekends, good insurance, OK pay
Cons
sit down job, overlap
Great Community
Intern for Gas Turbine Controls NPI (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 20, 2016
Fairly paced workplace with great interactions between all levels of business. Everyone is friendly and will attempt to help or direct you to another individual when you have questions or concerns. Human Resources does a great job at keeping current with employees.

The culture within GE is fantastic; for different major events the departments will have a function. For example, during the world cup a department may go out to lunch together one day.
A challenging enviroment that helped improve my molding skills.
Fabrication & Molding Technician (Former Employee) –  San Germán Municipio, PRJuly 13, 2016
Good place to develop your inginuity and creativity. Like their slogan
"Imagination at work" on it was necessary to use your imagination to solve problems. Grateful for the oportunity which provided me with the honor of great coworkers and excellent experience.
Good Work/Life Balance but low Compensation
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minden, NVSeptember 23, 2016
The location and people at this plant are great to work with. Great work/life balance and some nice benefits (unlimited time-off). Unfortunately the greater business treats employees like they are replaceable and compensation is lower then industry average.
Pros
Cons
Compensation
GE - Masoneilan
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Avon, MAMay 24, 2016
Masoneilan has been bought and sold many times, but the company "Masoneilan" itself was a great place to work. The reason I say "was", is because GE is moving the Avon facility where I am currently employed, to Jacksonville. I will be forced into unemployment within a few months. The energy here was always amazing. I have learned so much from all my peers, and from having the opportunity to work in different areas. It is very rare to find a company where many employees retired after 30 to 40 years of service. I am still giving 100% of myself to my job until the time that I will be forced to leave. I will definitely miss my home here at Masoneilan, but I am also looking forward towards new adventures.
Pros
Masoneilan was a great place to work.
Cons
The move of the Avon facility to Jacksonville
Very high productive atmosphere
Payroll Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 11, 2016
Working reports, commputers, high volume phone calls, meeting weekly deadlines. Always having weekly meetings determine strenghts and weaknesses in department.
Pros
Lunch was always paid for when we had meetings.
Cons
sometimes depending on the work load you did not have a break, you ate while still working.